This is for the 'ten by ten' challenge - ten songs, each ten seconds long.
If you're only going to listen to one of my songs, this isn't a wise choice. It's basically just a chance to keep the matofono flame burning, without doing a full song. Ten seconds of matofono feels about right.
It's also blatant cheating: I'm posting this on March 1st. In my defence, all but the last two are dead-end scraps I wrote during February. But still, blatant cheating.
Thanks again, all. I'll be back soon to start my March listening.
(edit: The numbers are in Finnish, so this song actually has value. Learn how to count from one to ten!)
1. i'm a baboon and i'm breaking free
'cause i don't want a vasectomy*
2. sitting on the beach until the people go away
3. <piano instrumental>
4. oh darling, you make my heart go <scat>
5. solar flamingo stake light**
7. hey now sister won't you call my name
because you'd best believe they're gonna call your name
8. <unsettling instrumental>
9. matofono. no. no!
10. if only this song were longer
the things that i would say
* A true story!: https://www.theguardian.com/world/202...