Texas

Skip to the bottom

• @valeriecox  Jan 22

Let's do this Texas style. Who wants to bring the BBQ?

• @gslade Jan 22

Hey @valeriecox -- Not in Texas but I did eat BBQ today.

• @ballyhoot Jan 27

Hey, Val! Reporting from the Austin/Pflugerville area. Not sure how active I'll be this year, but I'm hoping to get at least a few things posted. Maybe I'll just do exquisite corpses.....

I'll bring the Mac & Cheese.... 😀

• @kingwoodkowboy  Jan 29

Kingwood TX & Longmont CO.

• @jamkar  Jan 29

Gainesville/Denton. Got the pickles and onions!

• @tseaver  Jan 30

I've got the awesome cheese enchiladas from Goode Company Kitchen.

• @hamiltonpoolhall  Jan 31

I do a lot of my writing in the morning, so I will bring the migas tacos...

• @valeriecox  Jan 31

@hamiltonpoolhall I do love migas!

• @bri4n  Feb 1

Ringing in from Leander, I like to make what I affectionately call "shitty techno" (I say it with love). Also yes, I do love the BBQ. Good luck everyone!

• @dulcimeric Feb 5

Hey there fellow Texans! I'm starting a song called "Christmas in Texas"
    Other than Shiner Cheer and a general lack of snow, what are some of your Texas holiday traditions???

• @ballyhoot Feb 5

Throwing the football in the street and “accidentally” hitting your brother’s car. That’s a very honored tradition....

• @valeriecox  Feb 5

@dulcimeric "Christmas in Texas" is a fun album concept. Half of my family is Mexican, so part of the Christmas tradition is to make tamales for the holidays. And you don't just make a few tamales, you spend all day making a ton of tamales for the whole family and all your friends.

• @jamkar  Feb 5

Half of my large family is in Texas and half in Oklahoma. So we meet the first Sat. In December for lunch and visiting. Alternate sides of the Red River each year.

• @dulcimeric Feb 5

@valeriecox YES, tamales!

• @khayes Feb 12

Having BBQ and potato salad today for lunch (making at home). From the Hill Country area of Texas. Haven't even looked around here yet, just joined.

• @valeriecox  Feb 12

@khayes Your lunch sounds delicious! Welcome to FAWM. Glad you made it!

• @bri4n  Feb 14

Welcome @khayes!

• @roy  Feb 14

Checking in from South Austin. Breakfast tacos are on my schedule for tomorrow morning... if i ever go to sleep tonight while I try to get caught up on all my FAWM songwriting....

greetings one and all!

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 15

Guys... I'm craving a good Texas brisket so badly but good BBQ is near impossible to find here in central Oregon! Somebody enjoy one for me!

• @thetambourinepeople Feb 25

Yee-haw-ing in from Liberty, btwn Atascocita & Beaumont along US 90. Probably the only built recording studio in Liberty County (and it's in my house, go figure)...I'm a voice actor but also a musician for decades, so finally having a purpose-built studio has come in quite handy for this when I'm not voicing commercials or narrating eLearning. I have chickens and cure & smoke my own bacon/corned beef/pastrami/brisket...but I'm still an Eye-talian kid from the Lawn Guyland suburbs originally, with my heart still in Cleveland. Just completed the challenge within the hour, song 14, never thought I could do it & so glad it was suggested to me. FAWM on!

• @ballyhoot Feb 25

Congrats on completing fawm!!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...