Collaborating on folk or rock music?

Skip to the bottom

• @russiasaturn Jan 21

This year I'm really leaning into the indie-folk genre as I think that's my "sound" (best example would be the band First Aid Kit) but I also really love alt/pop-rock (for example, Meg Myers, Weezer, The Gaslight Anthem.)

I feel comfortable composing folk, but I only have Garageband this year, so I'm hoping to do collabs with people who are into that genre and have musical instruments, who would like to work together on something like that.

At the same time, I'm not super familiar with composing any type of rock music, so I would especially love to see if anyone feels like they could work with me on the music side of things.

I'm very flexible and like to work together in any combination, whether it's you adding music to my words, you contributing vocals, even helping adjust my lyrics if need be, etc. I've done a lot of collabs and have found flexibility makes things a lot of fun.

So let me know if you might be into chatting more about it and hopefully doing something together next month! 😁

• @downburst  Jan 21

First Aid Kit! I’m watchlisting you. I’ll for collab opportunities.

• @guatecoop  Jan 21

Amen! First Aid Kit is fabulous. I’m certainly up for a collaboration. I do some of those indie sounds that you mentioned in full demo. I’ve had some great collabs and love the outcomes.

• @pipewrench67  Jan 22

I love first aid kit and also mazzy star, low and the like. I also remember enjoying your work here so I'm up for collaboration on a thing or 2.

• @pipewrench67  Jan 22

Sorry didn't take you @russiasaturn

• @smudge  Jan 22

Me too! I love First Aid Kit! and Mazzy Star too! Im up too for a collab! Cheers, Smudgie

• @russiasaturn Jan 22

@downburst @guatecoop @pipewrench67 @smudge thanks all! left notes on your soundboards 😀

• @pipewrench67  Jan 22

🤝

• @pitt  Jan 23

I'm down for a collab if you like anything I do this year...I'm into the Alternative/folk/rock/pop genre myself. I have you watchlisted.

• @russiasaturn Jan 23

@pitt left a message on your soundboard!

• @russiasaturn Jan 26

I'm going to have to say that now I have enough potential collabs set up that I can't promise it'll work out to take on more. So I'm tentatively "closing shop" on this thread, though if I get more time I'll edit it and leave it open for anyone else who might want to work with me. thank you to everyone 😀

• @lastnightilie Jan 28

@russiasaturn if you do end up wanting extra collabs I might be down! My favorite genres are indie folk, punk, acoustic punk, and indie rock. I generally write and perform acoustic, but I do own an electric guitar. I usually just write and record all my songs alone, but this year I'm really interested in doing some collaborating on lyrics, music and performance, so I'd be interested to see what we could come up with.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...