Gear lust??

Skip to the bottom

• @carleybaer  5 weeks

I saw the New Gear thread, and I'm really fighting the urge to get an 8-string tenor ukulele. Mind, I already have a 4-string tenor, a baritone ukulele, and a Kala Journeyman Ubass, plus guitar and piano and two accordions.......

What I'm saying is that I absolutely do not need a new ukulele. But the sound is so unique!! And my financial aid money just came in. And and and.

Anyone else lusting after new toys and contemplating using FAWM as a justification?

• @sbs2018 5 weeks

Totally considering getting the new Waves Ovox Vocal Recorder just released at NAMM!

• @zecoop  5 weeks

@carleybaer - "Need" is such a difficult word... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€
    It's really just that musicians like us have to find the right angle.

• @sapient  5 weeks

Oh I would just LOVE to get my mitts on a Gretsch White Falcon.... Anyone got $3000 they want to give to a good cause? 😲

• @toms 5 weeks

Good golly yes always. 😁 @sapient I bought a low end solid body Gretsch a number of years ago, Chinese made, and it's a really splendid guitar. Clearly not the same quality pickups, but it plays very, very well. I've been seriously thinking about this: https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/b...

• @headfirstonly  5 weeks

After seeing at NAMM that Korg will be releasing a new version of the ARP 2600? Oh god, yes!

• @sapient  5 weeks

Oh gosh @toms that is a thing of beauty...
    Last year I got me a Sparklejet Baritone, and it made me realise that I could develop an awful Gretsch habit if I'm not careful πŸ˜‰
    https://gretschguitars.com/gear/build...

• @spingo  5 weeks

I just closed windows looking at Danelectro and Asat Special guitars, and the MicroFreak synth. A near-constant state of gear lust over here, usually calmed by $60 pawn shop guitars but not always.

• @tiller2  5 weeks

@toms I was very tempted a few weeks a by a deal on a used 6120 Hot Rod, spec'ed by Brian Setzer, which would have been my first Gretsch. But I flinched, after reading that it was voiced more for leads than for rhythm; it was an online purchase, which comes with risks, etc. I decided to "shop my guitar pile" instead, sadly.

• @scottlake 5 weeks

For me it is a Roli Seaboard

• @guatecoop  5 weeks

Yes, this is ALWAYS the case with me. I have often bought things the I β€œneeded” for fawm. I also get infatuated and obsessed with something and pursue it until I have it. I do it with guitars, basses, keyboards, mics, preamps, sound treatment...... I have used everything that I’ve gotten though. My latest obsessions were a baritone guitar, which I got, and an Antelope Audio Orion 32 interface, which I have not gotten yet. YET! The idea of having 32 analog inputs on an interface is lovely.

• @jamkar  5 weeks

Hankering for a 1969 Martin D28. Just because.

• @aesthetic72  5 weeks

I want fully-loaded iMac so i can spread all those tracks wide across the screen and actually see what I'm doing. Right now i'm making do with a 2015 Macbook. As I get older the screens get smaller. Also a wider mini keyboard. Right now I got 19 white keys and 13 black. πŸ˜€

• @spikedirection 5 weeks

I'd really like a multitrack tape recorder. And a national tricone. One of these days....

• @metalfoot  5 weeks

I have as a dream buying a Reverend electric guitar. Just. Because. LOL

• @toms 5 weeks

I hear ya, @tiller2 ! You have to play it!!! No two instruments are ever the same!

• @mikeb 5 weeks

I played a bunch of really great-sounding guitars yesterday at Manchester Music Mill, but resisted!
    I need a new audio interface (one of the monitor jacks is not working on my Tascam), but will wait for a sale.

• @krayzie003 5 weeks

I've gotten so many new plugins and virtual instruments over the last year that I'm not even allowing myself to look at anything right now. I have to save up for a while as my next purchase will probably be one of Native Instruments' Komplete bundles. However my wife is buying me a new guitar for my birthday this week. Probably won't use it for FAWM as I'm doing mostly hip hop, but it will be nice for my live shows.

• @owl  5 weeks

I want a new, big MIDI controller! The one I usually use to record at home is only 25 keys, so I'm limited in what I can play at once. I have a bigger keyboard but it lives at my practice space, and we have a full size electric piano that I think is a MIDI controller too, but it's up in my husband's office, so it's kind of inconvenient for both of us.

• @dragondreams  5 weeks

I'm kinda wanting a new wah pedal. Don't need one because I guess I could repair my old one (that I managed to break by trying to turn it off by stomping on it a little too enthusiastically)... but where's the fun in that? 😁

• @kanttila 5 weeks

I was very tempted yesterday to get a Squier Jaguar since the music store got one in. I don't know why I want one so bad when my Jazzmaster and Mustang are full of problems with that horrific bridge system. I think it's all the switches.

• @plog  5 weeks

Bulk of my production will be on an (new) Akai Force, plan on implementing all sorts of other hardware synths as well as sampled vox.

• @dreamscuba  5 weeks

@sapient and @toms ...Gretsch White Falcon...would be nice....two years ago, I swapped a Gibson 339 for a Gretsch DuoJet (in black)....and I am so glad I did...I love it. The TV Jones FliterTrons are so cool.
    But I'm lusting for some NeuralDSP stuff now...hahaha

• @spingo  5 weeks

Yeah, I spent a couple of days with my Korg Monologue enough to be able to get around it, but got busy and haven't been back.

• @torniojaws 5 weeks

Well, I bought a bunch of new stuff, in preparation for next month πŸ˜€ Mostly some software, but also a couple of hardware pieces. Not to mention upgrading my speaker setup from Behringer Truth 2030As to Neumann KH 80 DSPs πŸ˜€ And some extra acoustic treatment for my room.

• @siebass  5 weeks

Neumann U87....but at that price I'd be better off with a downpayment on a car...

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...