lyrics-first corpse?

Skip to the bottom

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 15

so i'm interested in a lyrics-first corpse, if anyone is game. if you've never heard of it, you determine a list of 5 lyricists and 5 music-makers (or less, if desired). the first lyricist writes a section of a song, maybe 8 lines, or less. you can do more, but remember: the more words, the faster the musical section will go, or the resultant song will be very long. the LAST TWO lines are sent to the next lyricist on the list, and the whole section is sent to the stitcher, who puts it all together at the end.the next lyricist writes their section, based on their reaction to the lines they were sent. this continues to the last lyricist. meanwhile, the stitcher sends a section of lyrics to the first music maker, who sets the text to music, and sends their section to the stitcher, who sends the last 10 seconds or so to the next music maker, along with the text they are setting, and so until the last music-maker. the stitcher might or might not break up the lines according to how they were written, for example, sending one music maker 6 lines and the next 10, of two 8-line separate sections of lyrics. got that?
    if you have any questions, post them here. i have the first question-- would anyone volunteer to be the stitcher? i will be if necessary, but i'm already going to run random collabs, so if anyone is interested, please post so here. i'm posting this now so we can work out an order NOW, since this process can take time. if there is additional interest later, we can do another round. who's in?

• @alonetogether Jan 15

This sounds super fun! i'd love to join in by writing lyrics!

• @stephenwordsmith Jan 16

I volunteer to kick the lyrics off.

• @metalfoot  Jan 16

I volunteer to be a music-maker. And I suppose I can stitch too.

• @andygetch  Jan 16

I'm in as a music-maker.

• @izaakalexander  Jan 16

I'll make music.

• @declan  Jan 16

I'm in.

I think I'd rather be lyricist on this, but could do music if you are short.

• @snoozin  Jan 16

Lyrics please! Love this challenge!

• @w1n  Jan 16

I would interested in doing music, a couple of my personal favourites of mine past FAWM's have been from this challenge

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 16

so far (no order):

lyrics:

@alonetogether
    @stephenwordsmith
    @declan
    @snoozin
    @tsunamidaily

music:

@andygetch
    @izaakalexander
    @metalfoot
    @w1n
    @sph

i figure we can leave the order up to the stitcher, but we have the first 5 and 5. if you are interested, leave your name and preference and we can get another started!

next batch:

lyrics:

@donna
    @russiasaturn
    @jorh
    @coolparadiso
    @lastnightilie

music:

@jamkar
    @lomedae
    @downburst
    @lowhum
    @bandybum

• @sph  Jan 16

count me in on music

• @metalfoot  Jan 16

The only bad part about setting this up so early is that we still have 2 weeks to wait to get started!

• @declan  Jan 16

It only has to be finished in February.

• @paulhenry  Jan 16

So the stitcher writes no music or lyrics?

• @metalfoot  Jan 16

Oftentimes the stitcher is a participant; just means their job is to put it all together at the end!

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 16

i would volunteer to be the stitcher, but a recent glitch in my pro tools means that i can't even open it up, due to ASIO driver issues. i might have to remove myself as "both" in random collabs if i can't get it to open, and pro tools has simply responded that "windows 7 and pro tools 10 are no longer supported." i am going to call them today, because my support plan is still in effect, and they can either help me or refund it. otherwise i would volunteer to stitch, myself.

• @cts  Jan 16

Man, every time this challenge comes up, I get nervous because I honestly don't quite grasp the concept. I'll just participate from the sidelines and have my pom-poms ready.

• @paulhenry  Jan 16

I'll volunteer to stitch.

@tsunamidaily . . . are your probs a possible consequence of Microsoft ending Win7 support?

• @metalfoot  Jan 16

Well, as I said earlier, also willing to stitch if you need me πŸ˜€
    @paulhenry -- very kind of you to offer!

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 16

we got my pro tools to start up again. now it doesn't believe in guitar rig 5 as a plug in. so i uninstalled it, and native access is reinstalling it and updating some other sound banks currently. no telling what other plugins it will not load when i need to. added a lap steel track to my latin plucked cello groove and it couldn't load the plugin associated with it. i'm hoping that everything that can go wrong will, before FAWM. i'm trying to hold off finishing the track before FAWM,so it is still technically not cheating. no acoustic guitar or percussion added yet, so....

• @donna  Jan 17

@tsunamidaily, please count me in for lyrics.

• @russiasaturn Jan 25

i'm up for lyrics πŸ˜€

• @jorh  Jan 25

I’d be up for lyrics too πŸ˜€

• @jamkar  Jan 25

Yes, can do music.

• @lomedae Jan 26

Would love to do some music

• @downburst  Jan 26

I'm in, probably music.

• @w1n  Jan 26

@tsunamidaily I can stitch the first corpse if that is needed.

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 26

@w1n-- i do believe @metalfoot had volunteered to stitch the first corpse.
    might you be available for the second? i have not gotten my computer back from the shop yet, and am not sure how long it may be until i get it reloaded with programs, etc., to be able to stitch properly, so i'm not sure i can stitch either. and we are only 2 lyricists and music-makers each away from that corpse, so they will likely exist concurrently instead of consecutively, and it would get confusing to run two at the same time, i would think.
    speaking of the first corpse, @metalfoot-- would you like to determine the order of lyricists and music-makers for the first corpse? i was going to do that with the random collabs in the next few days (well, i was going to match folks up), so they can contact each other. in my case and work out a title, or topic, or work out logistics, going into FAWM. i'm just making sure that you wanted to determine the order-- i believe @stephenwordsmith wanted to start the lyrics in the first corpse
    i would suggest to both of you to respond here, and we can see what to expect.
    it's just a few days now!

• @lowhum Jan 26

put in me for music!

• @stephenwordsmith Jan 26

My surname isn't Wordsworth, @tsunamidaily .

I mean, it isn't really Wordsmith, either, but at least I'd have known you were talking about me 😝

I don't have to start, but it would make it infinitely more likely for me to actually do my segment, rather than have me sit there until the challenge finished, trying to make the most out of the line I was given.

• @metalfoot  Jan 26

I am totally onboard with stitching corpse #1 so yeah. I will try to get the order worked out by Thursday or so, if that's OK, @tsunamidaily . Trying not to jump the gun on FAWM too badly!

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 26

oops-- my bad, @stephenwordsmith-- i just typed it quickly, and i have likely typed the one more than the other. and i understand, @metalfoot , about not jumping the gun. i just thought, at least in the random collab thread, for people to meet their partners if they wished, and work out something to start on when we start. FAWM is just so short compared to 50/90, that i thought getting it worked out might make it possible for those who enjoyed it to perhaps repeat.
    i hope all is well with everyone.

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 26

actually, i goofed. @paulhenry had actually volunteered to stitch first. my face is burning red right now. perhaps just a message between he and @metalfoot would resolve this. i really wanted to do this this year, and it's hard to get together quickly if you want to do a few in just a month.
    sigh. i'm sorry for the confusion.

• @metalfoot  Jan 26

@tsunamidaily In my very first post I said "I suppose I can stitch too" which is not strongly in the affirmative but I was willing from the word go. But if @paulhenry wants it he can be stitcher! πŸ˜€

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 26

whew! good. when looking back, i see that. i guess i need to see about @paulhenry and @w1n discussing who would be stitching the second. i don't feel quite as bad, but still, my goof.
    apologies to all.

• @coolparadiso  Jan 26

lyrics for me if you like

• @lastnightilie Jan 28

This sounds really cool! If you end up with a bunch of batches I wouldn't mind doing lyrics in one and music in another. But if I can only do one my preference would be lyrics.

• @paulhenry  Jan 29

Happy for @metalfoot and @w1n to stitch. I’ll bow out of this.

• @w1n  Jan 29

@tsunamidaily I didn't notice that @metalfoot already had offered to stitch when I commented. Think it makes more sense that someone actually taking part in the second corpse does the stitching.

• @bandybum Jan 30

Ooo yeah.
    Count me in please. Lyrics or Music πŸ˜€

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 30

ok. second list complete. @metalfoot has the first stitching. i'll likely get my computer back today or if not, then monday, as they aren't open friday, or the weekend.so i'm not comfortable committing to stitching, since i'm not sure how much i'll get installed on my computer, how quickly.
    so, i DO need someone to stitch the second, which will run concurrently with the first. i'm sorry if my misreading earlier scared anyone off.
    bueller? anyone? either of the two previous volunteers?

• @nateger  Jan 30

I love these games. I'd love to slot in wherever there's room

• @metalfoot  Jan 31

OK, as the duly designated stitcher of LFC-1, here's the order of lyrics and music:
    lyrics: (done by writing names on slips of paper and pulling them out of a hat)

@stephenwordsmith.. DONE
    @tsunamidaily ... DONE
    @snoozin ... DONE
    @declan ... DONE
    @alonetogether ... DONE

music: (hat draw, round 2)

@sph ... DONE
    @w1n ... DONE
    @metalfoot ...DONE
    @andygetch... removed by request
    @izaakalexander... MIA
    @declan... in process, pinch-hitting to end it off

Again, as the lyricists get their sections done, send them to me and send the last line or two of your lyric to the next lyricist down the chain. Once the lyric is sufficiently along, I'll start sending out lyrics to the musicians!

• @declan  Jan 31

LFC-1 been hearing that a lot lately.

• @metalfoot  Jan 31

@declan Assuming that's some sort of sports acronym?

• @declan  Jan 31

Liverpool Football Club.

Current European and World Champions and possible English Champions soon.

• @tsunamidaily  Jan 31

USLS1-- i mean, LFC-1, has been decided. in the interest of simultaneity (which is one of my favorite words, which i rarely get to use), i have randomly ordered LFC-2. if no-one else wants to stitch, i'm supposed to get my computer back today, so i can do it.
    so, send me your completed lyrics, and the last 2 lines or so to the lyricist after you. once i have received enough lyrics, i will send some along to the music-makers, and they can send me the music and i will trim and send to further music-makers.

LYRICS:

@coolparadiso
    @donna
    @jorh
    @lastnightilie
    @russiasaturn

MUSIC:

@lowhum
    @tsunamidaily
    @bandybum
    @downburst
    @jamkar

• @stephenwordsmith Jan 31

All right, I'm on it. Have a busy weekend ahead but you can expect part 1 of the first corpse on Feb 2 FAWM time

• @alonetogether Feb 1

Last to put lyrics together is real interesting. Gonna be fun putting together an ending!

• @downburst  Feb 1

I'm happy to stitch if you need. I've stitched many a corpse before, grisly as that sounds.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 1

@downburst -- i will gladly take your offer to stitch. i'm just now loading my computer back up and haven't tried to use a single program yet.
    i do have a question for you as well as @metalfoot-- how do y'all stitch when you are in the corpse? how do you take the last ten seconds of the music-maker before you and send it to yourself, if you've already heard the whole thing?

• @metalfoot  Feb 1

@tsunamidaily I usually wait to stitch till after my part is done

• @downburst  Feb 2

I don't stitch, or listen, until all the pieces are in.

• @kahlo2013  Feb 2

If there’s another batch I would love to add lyrics

• @donna  Feb 2

LFC-2 is off to a good start. Coolparadiso sent me two lines to work from. I've just sent my full text to tsunamidaily, and the last two lines to jorh.

• @jorh  Feb 2

Thanks for the inspiration Donna - I’ve sent my text to @tsunamidaily and now passed the baton on to @lastnightilie - good luck πŸ˜€

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 2

LFC-3? here's the start:

LYRICS:

@kahlo2013
    @erbaer
    @snoozin
    @coolparadiso
    @donna

MUSIC:

@metalfoot
    @tsunamidaily
    @nateger
    @lowhum

• @lastnightilie Feb 2

Finished and sent my lyric already to @russiasaturn, which means there's just one lyricist left for LFC-2!

• @metalfoot  Feb 2

LFC-1 is slacking on me!!! COME ON LFC-1 πŸ˜‰ LOL

• @russiasaturn Feb 3

Ok i'll get my portion for LFC-2 done today!

• @downburst  Feb 3

@tsunamidaily -- Are people sending lyrics to you or me on #1? I have a couple, @donna's and I think @jorh's, but not @coolparadiso's or @lastnightilie's. Are you handling the coordination and me only the actual audio stitching (which would be great, just wanted to make sure)?

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 3

@downburst-- i can indeed gather the lyrics-- i actually have all but the very last now-- i just sent you the ones i didn't think i had.
    either way is fine with me, as i believe my studio is together now, so i can clip the last 10 seconds of the audio and send it to the music makers AND i can stitch, though your software might be better-- no idea. i was wondering how you would send the last ten seconds to yourself without hearing the whole thing, though i suppose you could import the audio and render only the last 10 seconds and not listen to the whole thing.
    we now have all the same lyrics. i can distribute, and we can deal with stitching when we get there, maybe? just let me know.

• @declan  Feb 3

So am I supposed to have a set of lyrics from a previous writer, or do I just write any old shit off the top of my head.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 3

@declan, you will wait until the last two lines are sent to you from @snoozin. LFC-1, as it is called, is on track, just not as quickly as LFC-2. they were meant to be simultaneous, so all is very within parameters. thanks for keeping on top of it, though.

• @downburst  Feb 3

@tsunamidaily Hopefully the previous person will send me their ten-second snippet, and that's all I will listen to. All the other pieces I just put aside until I'm done.

• @downburst  Feb 3

As a music person, I always like to be able pick the last snippet to send on myself, because it's not always exactly ten seconds--like if there's a long tail or fade, I want to be able to pick the right amount of music to send along to give the next person a good handle on things. So @lowhum will decide what to send to @lomedae, etc.

I'm happy to stitch--I've done it lots, including a 24-minute kaiju that took a lot of stitching! I use Logic, which is a pretty good DAW.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 3

ok, @downburst -- if you accidentally (or if i get) the whole music instead, i can now truncate the track to the last ten seconds for you. i'm feeling much better about my studio computer now. i managed to add some percussion to and mix down an instrumental track i had started just before FAWM as a test, and it all seems in order. there are still a few plugins i haven't registered, but i don't imagine that will mess me up.

• @snoozin  Feb 3

@declan I will shoot the last 2 lines off to you whenever I receive mine and have some to send you. It's all a process but it does work....I think it's my 5th year doing Lyrics First. Love this challenge!

• @donna  Feb 3

@downburst I'm on LFC-2, and I sent my lyric to @tsunamidaily. πŸ˜‰

• @erbaer  Feb 3

Hey there... I'd like to get in on one of these. Not exactly sure how it works.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 3

@erbaer-- lyrics or music?

• @stephenwordsmith Feb 3

A day late, a dollar short and a missing limb, but I have kicked off LFC-1: The segment in its entirety has been sent to @metalfoot , and the lead-in to the second section has been sent to @tsunamidaily

• @declan  Feb 3

@tsunamidaily and @snoozin thanks for clarifying. That’s what I was expecting to happen but LFC 2 seemed to be kicking off all over the shop.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 3

last two lines sent to @snoozin and the whole lyric sent to @metalfoot.

carry on, LFC-1!

• @snoozin  Feb 4

I have sent my LFC-1 contribution to @tsunamidaily and the last two lines to @declan .

• @metalfoot  Feb 4

LFC-1 is supposed to come to me, @snoozin , but I'm sure @tsunamidaily can forward it along πŸ˜€

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 4

@metalfoot just let me get home. I’d rather not try to c n p from my phone. Should be about an hour or more.

• @metalfoot  Feb 4

Yeah, no worries. Just in a mid-morning break at the office myself. I am in 0 rush.

• @snoozin  Feb 4

@metalfoot @tsunamidaily Sorry for the mix up. Have also forwarded LFC-1 to @metalfoot

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 4

first lyric of LFC2 sent to @lowhum just now. let the musification begin!

• @erbaer  Feb 4

Lyrics, please. Music next time...if there is a next time.

• @metalfoot  Feb 4

I'm willing to help out with LFC-3 if you need more hands on deck. Music, again. Though I can lyricize too.

• @snoozin  Feb 4

I could do lyrics for LCF-3 if needed.

• @coolparadiso  Feb 4

I'm lyrics lcf 3.

• @declan  Feb 5

LFC-1

I've sent my lyrics to @tsunamidaily

@alonetogether how do I send two lines to you?

• @declan  Feb 5

I just slapped them on @alonetogether 's page. Hope that is ok.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 5

@declan-- i saw that you did that. i thought that was a fine solution to getting a message to a FAWMer with no listed email address, so i never answered you.
    perhaps i should have.

• @alonetogether Feb 5

Oh i forgot to put my email up oops!
    Ill get my lyrics to @metalfoot right away!

• @metalfoot  Feb 5

Hey @declan, I'll need the lyrics as well. Thanks!

• @declan  Feb 5

I’ve sent the lyrics to @metalfoot

Who’d have thought doing the lyrics would be so complicated.

• @donna  Feb 5

@tsunamidaily I'm up for lyrics on LFC-3 if there happens to be a shortage (though it doesn't look like it at this point). Or for an LFC-4 if y'all aren't exhausted by then. πŸ˜‰

• @nateger  Feb 5

@metalfoot any chance I could slot in to one of the groups?

• @alonetogether Feb 5

just sent my lyrics to @metalfoot ! thats a wrap for lyrics for lfc1

• @metalfoot  Feb 5

LFC-1:
    Lyrics part 1 sent to @sph

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 6

@nateger -- we can include you in LFC-3, if you are interested. lyrics, music, or both/either?

• @nateger  Feb 6

@tsunamidaily either is great!

• @declan  Feb 6

LFC-1 is on quite a roll. As befits the name.

• @downburst  Feb 9

LFC-2, where y'all at? @lowhum?

• @lowhum Feb 9

I sent something to someone now a couple of days ago. I'll check what it was and see if I got it right.

• @downburst  Feb 9

That someone should have been @lomedae. Also, please send your whole piece (not just the 10-second snippet) to me (my email's on my page).

• @lowhum Feb 9

Ok, sending!

• @downburst  Feb 9

Got it, thanks!

• @metalfoot  Feb 11

And LFC-1 is back on track after I derailed a little; but I have gotten the next section sent along to @w1n.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 11

still need 2 music-makers to fill out LFC-3.....

• @downburst  Feb 12

I have not heard back from @lomedae, and LFC-2 seems to have stalled. @tsunamidaily, any ideas? No email on his profile.

• @lowhum Feb 12

I've left my 10 sec to [@lomedae] - now I sent it again through email.

• @lowhum Feb 12

count me in for LFC-3 for whatever is missing.

• @lomedae Feb 13

I am back, had some stuff to deal with that took priority. I gathered for music I would get audio as reference and lyrics. I only got audio though, they contain lyrics so I guess I am missing audio?

• @downburst  Feb 13

Did you not get lyrics from @tsunamidaily?

• @metalfoot  Feb 17

I have my 10s from @w1n so LFC-1 is going to move forward yet another notch today. Once I have my segment done I'll get started on the stitching and hopefully LFC1 will be complete in the next few days!

• @declan  Feb 17

@metalfoot brillo!

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 18

how is LFC-2 doing?

@lomedae ?

• @metalfoot  Feb 18

I have every plan to finish my LFC-1 segment today, then fire it along to Andy.

• @downburst  Feb 20

I think we need a replacement for @lomedae.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 21

@downburst i have to agree. I tried to get him by email yesterday, but no response.
    Sigh.

• @downburst  Feb 21

Any volunteers?

• @downburst  Feb 21

Having been the guy who disappears in the middle, I have to give him some slack.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 22

I can do it. I’ve got the lyrics, I just need the 10 secs before.

• @kahlo2013  Feb 22

Happy to help or fill in - just hit me up!

• @downburst  Feb 22

@tsunamidaily: I sent you the snippet.

@kahlo2013: I think we're good, but thank you.

• @andygetch  Feb 22

@tsunamidaily I need to drop out of this game and I am giving up my spot in LFC-2 that followed @metalfoot .

• @downburst  Feb 22

Is there still an LFC-3?

• @metalfoot  Feb 22

I have to finish my section yet (life has been BUSY) but I guess I could send it and all the remaining lyrics to @izaakalexander to finish off, and that way we'd be done? Does that work for you, @andygetch and @tsunamidaily ?

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 22

@metalfoot i think whatever keeps it going is awesome! i just acquired a slot yesterday that i'm trying to work on today for LFC-2, myself, to keep it going.

@downburst -- we never got the fourth music-maker for LFC-3, and it would have to be a speed blitz to get it done now....

@izaakalexander -- are you ok providing music to the last two sections of lyrics on LFC-1?

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 25

ok. words and snippet off to @bandybum for LFC-2.

@downburst, i hope this third part gets to you quickly.

• @downburst  Feb 25

@tsunamidaily I'm sorry I'm not more on the ball, and that has been such a dragged out process. We can always create a placeholder if it takes too long.

Lyrics have been my blocker this FAWM, so I'm looking forward to not having to worry about that. I expect I'll be pretty quick when it's my turn.

• @declan  Feb 26

re LFC-1 is @izaakalexander still around. The last tracks he posted were 2 weeks ago, and they seem to have trouble locating him on the Morph track.

• @metalfoot  Feb 26

I can finish off LFC 1 in entirety if so desired... I'd prefer to have someone after me in line though

• @declan  Feb 26

I could do the last bit of music then forward to you for stitching?

But it may be my lyrics that I'd be adding to music.

• @metalfoot  Feb 26

It would be but that would be OK too, declan. I'll get you my segment later today.

• @tsunamidaily  Feb 26

@downburst -- yes, it looks like a placeholder would be in order. i think for 50/90, i might start a separate forum post for each lyrics-first corpse. i was involved in both, and it confused me at times trying to keep them apart. i'll keep the list from the LFC-3 that we didn't get enough participants for and ask them if they want to do it this summer. i hated that we never got the last person for that one.
    i'm also glad that i started the sign up before FAWM even started. it has been close to a month now, and both are still up in the air, so i think that was a good call.perhaps we should have cannibalized the third list for replacements as participants disappeared....

• @downburst  Feb 27

I'll have my bit done in a couple hours, god willin' and the creek don't rise. @jamkar Be ready Mike!

• @downburst  Feb 27

OK, sent off to @jamkar.

• @downburst  Feb 27

Can I get all of @bandybum's piece now? I'll pre-stitch everything together when I get that.

• @metalfoot  Feb 27

OK, I've got @declan his segment to end off the piece.

• @izaakalexander  Feb 27

Sorry folks, things got a little sketchy on my end. It looks like people picked up the slack when I dropped out. Thank you! If you still need me, I can try to crank something out at the wire here, but probably best if I just listen to the end product and see/hear what I've been missing.

• @jamkar  Feb 27

In receipt LFC2 lyrics and @downburst ’s snippet.

• @declan  Feb 28

So I've emailed my contribution to @metalfoot. Was that correct?

• @metalfoot  Feb 28

Yup, now I have to assemble and post it. πŸ˜€

• @metalfoot  Feb 28

Volume 1 is done! Thanks to @stephenwordsmith, @tsunamidaily , @snoozin , @declan and @alonetogether for the lyrics and to @sph, @w1n, @metalfoot and @declan for the music!

https://fawm.org/songs/109374/

• @snoozin  Feb 28

YAY...thanks to all who participated!

• @snoozin  Feb 28

I forgot how to integrate this on my page...helpful hints?????

• @metalfoot  Feb 28

Create a new song, and link to the original in the comments or lyrics is probably the easiest way.

• @snoozin  Feb 28

@metalfoot yes I did create a new song but can't seem to post as a collaboration as I think I have to add the 'collaborator' to my watchlist but I can't add @corpsecorps. BTW thx for the great music and vocals you put to my lyrics...love it!

• @downburst  Feb 28

You may have to have @corpsecorps on your watchlist to add it as your collaborator?

• @snoozin  Feb 29

@downburst I tried that but it doesn't seem to work. @corpsecorps does not have a Fawm profile so I can't add it to my watchlist. Have done it multiple times in previous FAWMs but seem to be missing the boat this time lol. Right now I have it so that it just links back to @metalfoot because I used his songlink.

• @jamkar  Feb 29

My part is off to @metalfoot!

• @metalfoot  Feb 29

Yeah, LFC2 is going to @downburst , I think, @jamkar

• @downburst  Feb 29

I’m your huckleberry.

• @jamkar  Feb 29

Ok. Resent.

• @downburst  Feb 29

I'm mixing this now. How should I post it?

• @downburst  Feb 29

OK, it lives (inasmuch as a corpse lives):

https://fawm.org/songs/110200/

@coolparadiso @lowhum @donna @tsunamidaily @jorh @bandybum @lastnightilie @downburst @russiasaturn @jamkar

Update: Always remember to hit save, kids. It should be there now.

Update 2: I'm not as dumb as I thought. Apparently file names are restricted to 32 characters for some reason.

• @russiasaturn Feb 29

@downburst this turned out great! so do all participants download the song and then post on our own profiles so we get the credit, or...? i had asked tsunami about this earlier in the month but i think my message got lost haha, so im not sure

• @jamkar  Feb 29

Listened 3 times. The first time didn’t hear much. πŸ˜‰. 2 and 3 were wow and WOW!

• @downburst  Mar 1

@russiasaturn You could do that, or you could just copy the URL and use that as your demo. I'm not sure. This used to be easier before the site was rewritten. @burrsettles, feature request: make collabs great again?

• @burrsettles  Mar 1

@downburst this was actually never easy... πŸ˜€ it's long been on my to-do list to actually rewrite the site and include more than 2 collabs, but never had time to do it. 😞

• @downburst  Mar 1

@burrsettles Sorry! I don't mean to be a kvetch.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...