Michigan - Great Lakes State FAWMers!!

Skip to the bottom

• @zecoop  Jan 15

Represent... πŸ˜€
    Any new FAWMers from our State?

• @zecoop  Jan 15

...and yes, @guatecoop, you are still accepted as a Michigan FAWMer whenever you want to be. πŸ˜€

• @toms Jan 15

We have reciprocity with Ohio. At least with Lorain, Ohio. πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Jan 15

And now there are two FAWMers from Lorain, @toms Michigan is still not giving back the UP, however. πŸ˜‰

• @toms Jan 15

The Toledo War continues to this day!

• @guatecoop  Jan 15

I will accept that invitation.....I was born and raised in Michigan. However, this year I actually have a new fawmer who not only lives in my city, but even in my zip code!!! I'm certainly not holding my breath for a FAWM over party in Ohio. Anyway, best wishes to all of you. Certainly my favorite fawm "scene".

• @downburst  Jan 16

Why hello.

• @downburst  Jan 17

Psst hey John--this should be under USA: Midwest.

• @zecoop  Jan 18

@downburst - That’s so technical... I don’t know how to even do that!! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• @zecoop  Jan 18

Maybe the amazing @jendistad can help me and file this correctly into the Midwest. 😎

• @toms Jan 18

What say we put together a Michigan collection when all is said and done again. πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Jan 18

It was *very* fun the last time (a LONG time ago). πŸ˜‰

• @kovbleu  Jan 18

Not new, but I'm here!

• @jendistad  Jan 18

@downburst & @zecoop, done. πŸ˜€

• @stuartbenbow Jan 20

God it's good to be back. February can't come fast enough for me. πŸ˜€ Good to see everyone again. @TomS, good idea!

• @resonut123 Jan 25

Hi Michigan Fawmers.
    I HOPE to be back and completing the challenge for the 8th time.
    I originally recovered from my 3rd Major Urological surgery in December very well, but 4 weeks later after they pulled out 3 internal stents/tubes... I got a Bad Infection and spent 4 days in the hospital. Just got home today. I have some tests scheduled in February.

I had some health issues previous years in FAWMruary, but still met the challenge, so maybe yet again?!?!?!

• @stuartbenbow Jan 25

Damn, @resonut123, you take care of yourself. We’ll be pulling for ya. Let me know if you need anything.

• @zecoop  Jan 25

Oh man @resonut123 - be well and take care of yourself! I hope to hear something but I’ll be thinking of you either way. 🎢❀️🎡

• @toms Jan 25

Geez, glad you are on the mend, @resonut123 . Bet it ends up being a great FAWM !!!

• @resonut123 Jan 25

Thanks Stuart, John & Tom.
    I am pretty sure I will get some songs up, not sure about the Trophy?

It may end up that this 3rd surgery may not be successful, but too early to tell yet.

Stuart, just only one thing: a Working Right Ureter!

• @zecoop  Jan 27

Weather was suitably crappy this weekend here in the Mitten... That just gets me even more ready to be sequestered inside the studio, FAWMing away. Plans this week are the clean up the studio and get things in order. Of course that was my plan last week, and the week before, but I just have not been able to get myself into that mindset yet. I'm ready to start, so I can get my mind off other things. Let's do this. πŸ˜€

• @toms Jan 27

I wish we'd get legitimate winters. Makes it impossible to flood the backyard. 😏 Anyway, I just set up a DI from a power soak that actually sounds legit, so more playing will happen this year than in recent years. πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Jan 30

No @toms.- This winter is great. OK "Great" is not the right word, because cold weather just sucks. But less ice/snow is "better". I am over Michigan in the Winter. Have been for a long time. Ugh.

• @toms Jan 30

It ain't a Michigan winter unless the pipes freeze! 😁

• @lisamarie777 Feb 2

Waving 'hi' and thanks to @zecoop for alerting me to this thread. It's February and a perfect time to use the indoor time for songwriting. LOL! πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 2

@lisamarie777 - You've got that right, but wait... what was that outside today?!?!!!!
    Blue Sky?!?!?!!!!!!
    SUN?!?!!!!!
    (we went on a four mile walk, and that was great)
    I hope your day has been great!

• @lisamarie777 Feb 3

@zecoop Omg, ikr re: yesterday's weather. It was so nice out. We had some winds, so I was a wimp and did my walking during errands. Glad you got outside and thanks for the kind words.

• @kellylog99 Feb 3

heyo Michigan FAWM ers!
    im so game for it! @toms but @resonut123 hopefully you are feeling better. im also longfully waiting (its literally only been 3 days) for a lot more action on the site! cant wait and #michiganFAWMers

• @zecoop  Feb 3

Daaaannnnnnnggggggggg..... We got another amazing day! Had to take another 4 mile walk outside between drum and guitar playing. Wow. πŸ˜€

• @toms Feb 3

48 degrees here in Flint. Kid was out in his shirt sleeves. πŸ˜€

• @toms Feb 3

Who's got songs up?

• @zecoop  Feb 3

@toms - Two so far for me and a third almost done, but that one is going to a Karl in the UK... er... Thailand. My listening has been pitiful so far.

• @resonut123 Feb 4

Thanks @kellylog99 .
    I am feeling a bit better.

Have some tests and doctor's appointment at U of M hospital this week and next, but hopefully have some time for some more new tunes?

• @downburst  Feb 4

I finally got a lyric up, *phew*. Have the music written but don't feel like recording tonight.

• @jeustan  Feb 5

I'm new! Ypsi's here! I have 2 songs up.

• @downburst  Feb 5

Hey Ypsi! Ever hang out at the Alehouse?

• @jeustan  Feb 5

By the Vu? Yes, I have. It's not my usual bar but I played a First Friday show there years ago; super fun. The brewmaster sat in with his harmonica on a couple tunes.

Thank you for the listen and comment, btw.

• @downburst  Feb 5

Yeah, Ted is an unofficial member of every band, like it or not. He's a great person though. My band plays there every other Sunday, plus sundry other times. @wingandwaltz too. We've even had a FAWM (pre or post, I forget) showcase there.

• @jeustan  Feb 5

Nice! Yeah he was fine. He also sang an impressive comedic opera song about Ypsilanti for everyone in the bar, which was amazing. I'd love to hear you guys.

Surely I'll see you there soon.

• @stuartbenbow Feb 5

Hey guys, give a raucous welcome to the extremely talented @keynotesisters. Can’t wait to see what these two come up with!

• @downburst  Feb 5

I'm not sure how to do raucous in text...

• @toms Feb 5

Welcome, @keynotesisters!!!! (My theory is that raucous is all in the punctuation.)

• @downburst  Feb 5

WΓ‹ΕΔŒΓ˜MĘ @KΓŠΕΈΓ‘Ε’TΓ‹ΕšΓΕšTΔ–RΕ 

• @wingandwaltz  Feb 5

Not my very first FAWM, but first time I think I can get it done, and look, even human interaction....

• @toms Feb 6

OMG @downburst that is awesome. πŸ˜€

• @downburst  Feb 23

We have some Michigan people who have not found their way here. @brandondale72, @famjam, come on down!

Also, time to think about a post-FAWM showcase. Anyone interested?

• @brandondale72  Feb 23

Good time for me to find out about this page. Made it for the final week at least. Thanks for ze warm welcoming!

• @jeustan  Feb 23

@downburst βœ‹ I’m down! βœ‹βœ‹

• @downburst  Feb 23

We could probably get on the April schedule at the Ypsi Alehouse. We did that a couple years ago but it was, shall we say, sparsely attended. But we also didn't do much to promote it. Other venue ideas would be welcome too.

• @elainedimasi  Feb 26

I think this is the year for me to be an honorary MI FAWMer just because.

Or do I need to do a zecoopdrums track to qualify from out of state?

• @zecoop  Feb 26

@elainedimasi - I think that might be in the official rulebook.... Um.... maybe @toms can add it, er, I mean check. πŸ˜‰

Please do!!!!

• @toms Feb 26

Rule book says any combination of two of the following gives you an Honorary MF status:
    1. You do or have lived in Michigan;
    2. You do or have attended a Michigan college, university, or tech school;
    3. You have or will memorize the motto of the State of Michigan;
    4. You have or will complete a collaboration with at least 2 other FAWMers who are members, in ordinary or honorary, of the MF community.

Completion of a song using @zecoop Rockin' Drum Track (tm) overrides all other considerations. Merely showing up also overrides all other considerations.

Having actually consumed a Michigan specific food item with gusto allows you special access to MF secrets. Boston Coolers preferred. πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 26

@toms - Perfect... I thought I remembered a few clauses and asterisks. 😜

• @toms Feb 26

Oh, I have more. πŸ˜€

• @elainedimasi  Feb 26

Zingerman's Deli.

And I delivered bread loaves to @charliecheney 's family in Fremont.

Tell secrets now.

• @zecoop  Feb 26

Zingerman's is like you have a Golden Ticket... I mean didn't Obama eat there? And you may have eaten a pastie and drank Vernor's. (check and check for membership)

• @jeustan  Feb 26

I work for them. Haha. I consider the coney dog tied with venison pastie for most Michigan food, maybe it’s just my fav though.

• @zecoop  Feb 26

@jeustan - Ahhh, you and Nicole work together then? That's a talented restaurant. πŸ˜€

• @toms Feb 26

@elainedimasi I'm pretty sure having worked at Zings alters DNA, permanently, to cause genetic patterns that are isomorphic with the shapes of the Great Lakes.

• @elainedimasi  Feb 26

@jeustan You wouldn't necessarily know, but my #14 song for my #1 FAWM was "Amarelli Licorice from Calabria," a 5-part madrigal with lyrics written from Zingerman's catalog copy.

I did the FAWM demo alto-alto-alto-alto-alto and the FAWMpilation version featured SATB FAWMers tracking round-robin.

• @jeustan  Feb 26

Yes! We met at the Roadhouse in 2013 and started doing music soon after. It’s good food, we’re spoiled.

@elainedimasi Mitten secret: Leelanau County is the most beautiful place in the continental states, or close. Don’t tell anyone!

• @elainedimasi  Feb 26

[continues the story]
    True FAWM pathos. Feb 24 or so, 2008. I was so sleep deprived and so happy with my first thirteen "my precious self has found her voice!!" songs, that I was sobbing at my kitchen table because I would never, ever have another good idea for a song for the rest of my life. How was I going to make 14? Then, my eye fell upon the catalog pages. I wiped my nose and... well anyway. Michigan!

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@elainedimasi - You are officially in. πŸ˜‰

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...