What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Skip to the bottom

• @kanttila Jan 15

We got what are you listening to, what are you reading, how about what movies have you watched recently?

Recently I watched The Deer Hunter which was quite good. I think De Niro was the best actor of all time in his day and he was amazing in this movie. The Deer Hunter benefited from it's 3 hour length for us to get a feeling for the small town and characters so after the showstoppingly good Russian Roulette scene we see how everything changes. The second half is remarkable.

Also Cape Fear (1991) was good until the last part on the boat where it got too silly. De Niro was brilliant but Juliette Lewis was the star for me. Then Freddy Got Fingered was insane and in parts one of the funniest movies ever but when it tried too hard to shock it was stupid. I loved and hated it, but it could've been amazing without the early 2000's gross out humor.

The Elephant Man I watched tonight and it was really quite a sad movie done very well. You really feel for John and it has a great message. It's weird, beautiful and tragic.

• @scottlake Jan 15

Recent movies that I think may become classics tha my wife and I both enjoyed:

Ford vs. Ferrari
    The Two Popes

Excellent acting, directing, character and story development, etc.

• @aesthetic72  Jan 15

@scottlake I also liked The Two Popes

• @oddbod  Jan 15

I went to see 1917 this week.
    Although visually it was impressive, the storyline was disappointingly too β€œHollywood”- occasionally bordering on ludicrous. I was hoping for something a lot more credible .

• @vomvorton  Jan 15

Little Women was my first cinema trip of the year. I haven't read the book or seen any of the previous adaptations so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought it was absolutely wonderful - the best film I've seen in ages (and I watch a LOT!)

• @oddbod  Jan 15

@vomvorton yes I enjoyed Little Women too. Saorise Ronan seems to be very good in most things. She was excellent in Lady Bird (same director).

• @konemake Jan 15

The movies I liked most in last year were both horror movies directed by Ari Aster: Hereditary (2018) and Midsommar (2019). I can't really say why I liked them so much.

• @cts  Jan 15

I checked out Just Mercy. It was good; but very predictable and played the emotion strings a bit too much. 1917 is next on my list and then Knives Out.

• @dragondreams  Jan 15

Cowboys and Aliens and John Wick 3 are my latest two. And I finally joined the 21st century and added Netflix to the Castle Dragondreams entertainment dungeon. So more movie watching lies in my immediate future! 😁

• @vomvorton  Jan 15

Anyone else on Letterboxd? I log everything I watch on there, mostly with short reviews (as much for my memory as anything else).

https://letterboxd.com/mortom/

• @cts  Jan 15

@dragondreams - JW3 is action to the brim! Loved it! I have all 3 films in my collection.

• @dragondreams  Jan 15

@cts - I loved it! And couldn't sleep afterwards! 😁

• @guatecoop  Jan 15

I watched A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood and liked it quite a bit. I have a huge soft spot for Mr Rogers. Still haven’t seen the documentary, which I hear is great from 2018.

• @kanttila Jan 15

@vomvorton Never heard of it until right now. I like the layout think I'll give it a try. I've been getting into movies more now after I finally watched The Godfather last year and I was so amazed. I never considered acting or anything until I saw that movie and than I realized I was just disinterested with film because I don't like new movies and there is so much amazing work to find.

https://letterboxd.com/Kaijala/

• @frenchcricket  Jan 15

Don't hate me but I had a much better time watching Cats than The Rise of Skywalker

• @headfirstonly  Jan 15

@vomvorton Never heard of Letterboxd, but have just created an account (as Headfirstonly, natch). Thanks for letting me know about it!

• @konemake Jan 15

Letterboxd does look interesting, thanks for the tip!

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 15

Frozen II πŸ˜†

• @konemake Jan 15

This looks also interesting:
    https://www.justwatch.com/
    I was praising to my workmate Letterboxd and he mentioned these go well together.

• @tiller2  Jan 15

Saw lots of movies on British Air, flying to and from South Africa recently: "Far From the Madding Crowd" very good rendition of Thomas Hardy novel. "The Biggest Little House" a cool documentary of a couple who try traditional Earth friendly farming. "Wild Rose" about a young hardscrabble Scottish singer with dreams of making it in Nashville. And "Where Did You Go, Bernadette" about a woman reclaiming her creativity in the most unlikely place.

• @pipewrench67  Jan 15

@sw1n3flu that is the last movie I went to , Christmas movie with the kids. It was alright. The water animation was fun to look at.

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 15

@pipewrench67 yeah I had a crash course in frozen movies... watched the first one with my niece and nephew then they took me to see the sequel!

• @jamkar  Jan 15

Knives Out. Rise of Skywalker. Rocket Man. All were entertaining in different ways.

• @konemake Jan 20

Oh yeah I also watched Kiki’s Delivery Service again with my kids.
    Looks like there is going to be lots of Ghibli animation watching in the future too. πŸ˜€
    "This February, a number of Studio Ghibli films will be made available on Netflix outside of North America, including My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso, Only Yesterday, Ocean Waves and Tales from Earthsea."
    https://crackmagazine.net/2020/01/stu...

• @kanttila Jan 20

Rewatching the Rocky movies, well first four the other two...we can forget about.

The first movie is a legit masterpiece, one of my top 10 films. Simply a great feel good story with lots of heart and a really well fleshed out character. Rocky only needed to be this one movie, it said it all. Rocky II is just a repeat of the first movie but with too much melodrama. It hits all the same beats but falls flat in comparison.

Rocky III feels like it was made by someone who saw the training and fight scenes of the other movies and made a sequel based on that. It has some good themes but it's where the cheese starts to begin. Stallone wrote a more convincing romance between Rocky and Apollo by accident in this movie.

and of course Rocky IV is one of the masterworks of 80's cheese. Rocky never needed more than one movie but good thing for the sequels just for the existance of IV and Heart's On Fire. I do love this movie for how silly it is. It's the Rocky sequel I feel is worth something.

• @tcelliott  Jan 20

I just watched Lawless (from like 2012 or something?) and enjoyed it. It didn't quite live up to my expectations (I saw a clip on youtube that got me interested) but it was decent enough.

• @ustaknow Jan 20

The New Guy - 4theFunk of it
    Soilent Green - C. Heston
    Omega Man - C. Heston
    The Last Man - V. Price
    All five original Planet of the Apes and the 2hr behind the scenes documentary

- No, not a normally engaged; yes done for February (got'em cheap on Amazon, -- I still have a VHS (player and camera) and DVD player πŸ˜€ oh, Super 8 film and a 16mm Proector, just in case.)

• @frenchcricket  Jan 20

Saw 1917 yesterday. An outstanding achievement of film. I found it very moving

• @tcelliott  Jan 20

Just went down the rabbit hole of letterboxd as PigfarmerJr

• @chipwithrow  Jan 20

@frenchcricket - agree on Cats over new Star Wars, although I was entertained by both. Went to see Cats after reading all the scathing reviews to see what all the negative fuss was about.
    Recently I watched "Bull Durham" for the 20th or so time - my favorite baseball movie. (Clint Eastwood's "Trouble With the Curve" was a pretty good recent baseball movie.)
    Of course I watched "Christmas Vacation" in December.
    I don't know that I've ever written a song based on something I saw in a movie.

• @sailingmagpie  Jan 20

The best thing I've seen recently is I Lost My Body. It's an animation set in Paris and is about a severed hand trying to get back to it's body. It's surprisingly emotional! You can find it on Netflix (at least you can in the UK).

• @ustaknow Jan 20

I'm getting a copy of, "The Mule", C. Eastwood, and "Terminator: Dark Fate", L. Hamilton.

I think that'll do it if get to them all pre-FAWM, February.

I should be sufficiently "triggered", add in the Morning-mourning-news too πŸ˜€

• @vomvorton  Jan 20

I watched The Farewell over the weekend, an interesting and poignant film about a family gathering in China to say farewell to their much-loved grandmother. I've seen a lot of talk about it being snubbed for the Oscars which for some reason always gets me far more interested than the stuff that actually gets nominated! Anyway it was very good indeed, recommended.

• @valeriecox  Jan 20

I watched Gemini Man yesterday. It was ok, but the way they de-aged Will Smith was very cool. Went to see Like A Boss before that and Rise of Skywalker. Trying to see 1917 today. The trailer looks very good.

• @tawny249  Jan 20

Other than Rise of Skywalker, which was not deep but still quite entertaining, I haven't seen a ton of movies recently. I did see Willow for the first time last year, which was amusing. Going to see Dark City with some friends next weekend. Looking forward to it.

• @wacha  Jan 20

This weekend we watched "Book Club", "Haunt" and "Mother!" I liked all of them for various reasons My wife and like to watch movies, particularly horror.

• @jamkar  Jan 20

I started viewing The Lighthouse, but it just didn’t click with me.

• @tamsnumber4  Jan 21

"Blinded By The Light", awesome movie, lots of Bruce Springsteen music, totally worth checking out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmmHv...

• @metalfoot  Jan 21

Rise of Skywalker. Fantasia. The Princess Bride.

• @bradbrubaker  Jan 21

@kanttila - My favorite Rocky movie has always been Rocky Horror.

• @scottlake Jan 21

@tamsnumber4 blinded by the light was a great movie. My wife and I saw it 6 months or so ago.

• @boyatheart Jan 21

I only ever get to see new (ish) movies when I fly long haul.
    The last one I saw in October from London to KL was Aladdin. I was expecting it to be crap and I have a natural aversion to Disney normally, but there was really nothing else on the in-flight list more interesting.
    Despite my mind's resistance I had to concede that I absolutely loved it.
    The music just blew me away.

• @valeriecox  Jan 21

I also saw Underwater. It's like Aliens meets Poseidon Adventure. And yesterday I watched Hidden Figures for the third time. Wonderful film.

@wacha Just the trailer for Mother freaks me out. πŸ˜€

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 21

Lighthouse - trippy film. loved the cinematography - not sure if I liked it

1917 - a lot of fun. crazy how much of it was done in single long shots. impressive to watch just for that. (there were definitely some cuts in the filming - but WOW - there were a lot of uninterrupted shots that were just amazing.

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Hanks is so good in this. It was different than I expected in a cool way - really neat story

Last Black Man in San Francisco - I just loved it. Slow, artsy, intriguing. Really interesting and moving as well.

Star Wars Rise of Skywalker - I loved it. I just really love the SW universe, so, I loved it. I can't help that the haters gonna hate. πŸ˜€

speaking of Star Wars...

Marriage Story starring Kylo Ren. Good movie. Sad. But a little hopeful too.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 21

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood - I dig most of what Tarantino does. This was another good one in his series of films. Just great dialogue as always. Interesting characters and a great alternate take on real historical events.

• @jamkar  Jan 21

I agree @stevenwesleyguiles on ”Once Upon A Time”. Having lived through those times, I thought Tarantino handled it quite creatively.

• @mikeb Jan 21

I am currently watching all the Marvel Universe movies, in timeline order, watched Guardians of the Galaxy and GotG 2 this past weekend.

Also watched 'Blinded By The Light' - even if you are not a real Springsteen fan, this is a feel-good movie worth watching.

• @mctown Jan 21

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood..... is very GOOD. I couldn't believe I could watch a movie that long and be riveted ... enjoyed it.

• @ustaknow Jan 21

Oh my, I found "one more"... didn't know existed, "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan, Edward James Olmos". Now, ImagonnaHalftah rewatch all of that too since now have the "inside" scoop of the Cylons.

-- "I am not a Cylon, just a little shinny"... πŸ˜€ what iustaknow.

• @dreamscuba  Jan 22

I was very impressed with 1917. My great uncle fought and died in WWI. Film score was very good too.

• @wacha  Jan 23

@valeriecox I love Hidden Figures, we watched it again a few weeks ago.

Mother was an interesting movie, definitely not for everyone but I thought it was a well done film.

• @mikeskliar  Jan 23

usually before the academy awards (which are kind of early this year, usually they're end of feb as i remember- this year on the 8th, or so, i think?) I try to catch up a bit on movies.. so here's some I've seen recently which may be up for a few awards...--

-the irishman (yes it's long, but so is a mini-series- such a great time seeing deniro, pacino and pesci giving it their all, in a scorcese epic)
    -once upon a time in hollywood (not usually a huge tarentino fan, but loved this, retro, fun, thought provoking, etc.)
    -the two popes (very well done)
    -marriage story (really powerful, incredible acting and story- really loved this one a great deal)
    -rocketman (saw this a few months ago when it came out, I liked very much, actually liked this a great deal more then 'bohemian rhapsody', which i thought was overrated)

still to see, if I can- little women. 1917, pain and glory, joker, a beautiful day in the neighborhood, jojo rabbit, parasite.

• @the3queens  Jan 23

I was on an Eddie Redmayne kick - " The Theory of Everything ", "The Danish Girl", "The Aeronauts" and just to change things up "Brittany Runs A Marathon ".

• @complexissimple  Jan 23

Watched The Aeronauts last night. There are a lot of breathtakingly beautiful wide shots of the sky. I found it worth watching for those alone, although there were also several interesting tidbits to add to my mental file of "all things Victorian" for steampunk purposes.

• @spikedirection Jan 23

JoJo Rabbit made me laugh and then cry. Beautiful.

• @konemake Jan 24

@bradbrubaker
    Rocky Horror Picture Show is one my all time favourites too. My wife is even bigger fan of that movie. I wish there would be more theatre screenings around here.

• @aflinner  Jan 25

Just sitting down to watch β€œThe Chase” for the umpteenth time. Charlie Sheen and Kristie Swanson vehicle....literally! 🚘 The whole move is basically one big car chase, and I love it. Hilarious movie, with some commentary on sensationalism in the media.

(Also features a few fairly well-known musicians in acting roles: Flea and Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Henry Rollins.)

• @robynmackenzie  Jan 25

My wife and I watch a lot of horror movies. We recently saw Hell House LLC and actually screamed out loud in a couple of places. Excellent if you like found-footage horror. Also terrifying. Also, Rattlesnake on Netflix is a fantastic thriller.

• @tamsnumber4  Jan 25

Just watched "LATE NIGHT" with Emma Thompson and Mindy Kaling on Amazon Prime, I really liked the movie, here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxefi...

• @uvejeff Jan 26

β€œThe Irishman”—worthwhile if you like Scorsese films. Innovative and unobtrusive use of CGI too.

β€œJoker” is decent. Should have been called or considered a remake of β€œKing of Comedy” though.

• @uvejeff Jan 26

β€œThe Irishman”—worthwhile if you like Scorsese films. Innovative and unobtrusive use of CGI too.

β€œJoker” is decent. Should have been called or considered a remake of β€œKing of Comedy” though.

• @frenchcricket  Jan 26

I had low expectations for The Two Popes, lapsed Catholic that I am, but it was quietly charming! It was a pleasure to watch Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce sit and chat for 2 hours

• @judypie  Jan 26

I just watched A Personal History or David Copperfield which led me surprisingly underwhelmed. I thought the trailer looked hilarious but it wasn’t anywhere near as full of humour as the director’s previous efforts. I am in love with Dev Patel though, he was perfection and infact all the characters were great without fail! Not sure why it didn’t completely work. Great to see the β€˜colourblind’ cast though, I think that’s what we’re calling it. Great to have diversity on the big screen. I loved JoJo Rabbit too @spikedirection I was having a great time chortling along at Hitler dancing and then.. shoes! I was a bit of a wreck in the cinema. 😭

• @tcelliott  Jan 26

We saw "The Gentelmen" yesterday and enjoyed it. I liked the movie but felt it started off pretty darn slow and that a lot of the humor was given away in the trailer. But I'd still recommend it.

• @dasbinky  Jan 29

@frenchcricket @chipwithrow I'm also pretty strongly of the opinion that Cats was a superior film to Rise of Skywalker in every way except commercially.

I've seen lightsaber battles before. Looking at other movies this year, I've seen gangster movies, I've seen war movies, I've seen comic book movies... But none of us have ever seen whatever the hell Cats was. It felt like David Lynch and William S Burroughs had a nightmarish cinematic baby. I went for the schadenfreude of watching a train wreck, but I left appreciating a film the likes of which we'll never see again.

Also, Knives Out was really good.

• @dasbinky  Jan 29

@the3queens If you're on an Eddie Redmayne kick, check out Jupiter Ascending. It's... not great, but Eddie Redmayne chews up scenery like he's doing a weird impression of Gary Oldman on cocaine. If I'm remembering right, it won him the Worst Actor Razzie the year after he won the Academy Award for Best Actor. It's an experience.

• @oddbod  Jan 29

@judypie I saw David Copperfield too at the weekend and I know what you mean. It was just "okay". Like you say, the best thing about it was the complete disregard of the ethnicity of the actors. It was a good talking point afterwards about boundaries and how far you can take this.

• @judypie  Jan 29

Yes, I very much enjoyed that @oddbod! I must admit, I was initially puzzled as had no idea about the cast going in. But works for me πŸ˜€

• @rainchaser  Jan 29

I saw Dr. Doolittle last Saturday with my friend and it was a thrill of a ride to watch! I'm planning on seeing Sonic The Hedgehog The Movie next on March.

• @seemanski  Jan 29

Go pretty much every week because I have a pass so why the hell not. Knives Out was the one film that stuck out for me, new Star Wars one was a bit disappointing but then again I was kind of expecting that. I was also not expecting to like Midway as much as I did. I was expecting a Independence Day style blowing up everything that Roland Emmerich usually does but it was actually pretty decent and pretty accurate too (I think).

• @kellylog99 Jan 29

Bohemian Rhapsody!!

• @frenchcricket  Jan 31

I saw the new film from Makoto Shinkai last night, called Weathering With You. You may have seen his previous film Your Name which was wonderful. This wasn't *as* moving or funny as that one, but it was still very warm and I enjoyed it. It was a 1 cry movie rather than a 3 cry.

Also, even though anime has engaged with ecological themes before, this one seemed a lot more stark and forthright in its critique (of human culpability for climate change).

• @cts  Jan 31

I caught Knives Out last week. Excellent writing and acting. Daniel Craig's Det. Blanc was the standout for me. Accolades to Rian Johnson for the writing/directing. Good stuff. Last Jedi...not so much.

• @kanttila Jan 31

Rewatched Transformers (1986) for...I don't know almost the 40th time.

I love this movie so much, it's my most beloved thing in all of media next to original Star Wars and KISS. Almost 13 years since I first watched it and it never fails to bring me so much joy. It's swings it's huge balls around, ramps up heavy from the cartoon and is kind of insane. The soundtrack is perfect, cheesy and awesome. The animation is nice and the background work is very impressive.

The casting is insane. Then you got Hair Metal songs going, Weird Al for some reason, 80's motivation pump up jams. Of course "The Touch" is a masterpiece of cheese and perfect when Optimus Prime is just cutting dudes down. Not to mention all the quotes..."I got better things to do tonight then die". "I can't deal with that now!". "Coronation Starscream? This is bad comedy". "THE POINT IS YOU ARE A FOOL!"

Man I love this movie too much.

• @hornesgiftshop  Jan 31

Uncut Gems. Brilliant. I need the soundtrack to LeMans 66 also.

• @ustaknow Feb 3

I actually as well was able to get through The Mule, Enemy at the Gates, and Last Man Standing... so, I'll be nice an twitchy for Feb, apocalyptically speaking, after all the rest. πŸ˜€

• @billwhite51 Feb 3

Midsommar, Judy, Marriage Story, Whered You go Bernadette, Knives Out, Blinded by the Light, Destroyer, Portrait of a Woman on Fire, Pain and Glory, Cicada Song, The Last Black Man ,n San Francisco, Joker, Richard Jewell, A Rainy Day in New York

• @gslade Feb 3

Just Mercy - powerful story and great performances by Michael B Jordan and Jamie Foxx. It's what inspired my second song of FAWM.

• @gslade Feb 3

@billwhite51 What's your take on Joker? Is it worth the online rental?

• @billwhite51 Feb 3

@gslade joker was a cross between king of comedy and taxi driver, scorsese shouldhave directed it instead of the irishman.its worth watching for joachim phoenix, he is the whole show. the rest, except the
    scenes with deniro, is pretty much a mess

• @gslade Feb 3

@billwhite51 >> I was intrigued at the trailer, but I also know those are designed to show the best parts and do not always accurately frame the movie.

• @billwhite51 Feb 3

@gslade i dont know which trailer you saw. i just watched this one. and it was a fairly accurate representation of the movie didnt just show the good parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGVQ...

• @gslade Feb 3

@billwhite51 >> Yep, that's the one I saw. My curiosity will probably have me renting it tonight or sometime this week.

• @frenchcricket  Feb 3

Just seen Parasite! I enjoyed it though I think I preferred the first half to the second, though I understand why it went in that direction

• @gslade Feb 3

@frenchcricket Is that based on the novel by the same name? It's where a company is selling tapeworms as preventative medicine?

• @seemanski  Feb 3

I went to see The Gentlemen last week. I was sceptical because Guy Ritchie has put out a few stinkers but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was great. Hugh Grant is absolutely brilliant in it.

• @scottlake Feb 4

Just Mercy. See it.

• @frenchcricket  Feb 4

@gslade no it's the new movie by Bong Joon-ho. The plot is kind of like Shameless meets Hustlers

• @mikeskliar  Feb 9

Having just seen 'A beautiful day in the neighborhood' (the movie starring tom hanks about Mr Rogers) I wrote this, on a bouzouki, in fact...

https://fawm.org/songs/103439/

• @miltz  Feb 10

Watched this/these today and highly recommend it/them:
    https://letterboxd.com/film/a-bread-f...
    https://letterboxd.com/film/a-bread-f...

• @billwhite51 Feb 10

Just Mercy, Edge of Democracy, A beautiful day in the neighborhood, zombieland double tap, Certain Fury,

• @corinnecurcio  Feb 10

I watch old movies all the time on cable channel TCM - I have been a movie lover since I was a child. My parents gave that to me. Recent movies I have seen: Little Women, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Judy, Knives Out,

• @ustaknow Feb 23

"Green Book"

A true story about a fellow, Dr Don Shirley, pianist, touring Jim Crow States, 1962 with a driver Tony "Lip". Screen play by Tony's brother (1 of 2 brothers). Both Don/Tony, died within months of each other 2013, -- still friends, from that trip forward.

- Good one

Edit in: typo correct and,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neg...

• @judypie  Feb 23

Ha, I think you mean β€œGreen Book” there @ustaknow ! πŸ˜› But yes, I saw it and enjoyed it too. I can’t wait to catch up with movies post-fawm!

• @ustaknow Feb 24

@judypie, oh yes, thank you. I don't always wear the "working distance" glasses when I should (kinda new to me).

-- Allot of my extended family, from other countries, find movies like that "hard to believe". The perception of the US and recent past is very interesting to them (and ours of theirs too!, as incorrect). However, sometimes it's so "far" from their thinking, they just don't even understand it; - hard for me to explain, and to them, πŸ˜€ so stop trying sometimes.

• @billwhite51 Feb 24

Queen and Slim, Just Mercy, Seance on a Wet Afternoon, Last of the Manson Girls, The Pursuit of Happiness, Diary of a Mad Housewife, When Worlds Collide, Great Day in the Morning, My Bloody Valentine

• @ustaknow Feb 25

Had a re-look at:
    "A Love Song for Bobby Long"

I'm not a big fan of all/any of the folks in this (done well nonetheless); but, they do an interesting take on the ashe-end of appalachia, arguable πŸ˜‰ -- always close to my heart. I wish they did more of the "Bobby" character noodling out songs. (And stayed away from the cliche stuff, don't need to see more of, imo.)

- Otherwise, it's a goodone, didn't crack and chuck the dvd yet πŸ˜€

• @ustaknow Feb 26

Dad Band πŸ˜‰ about 11mins:
    https://youtu.be/31PrzVpMktE

• @ustaknow Mar 16

Well, not a movie but video - I’m not sure he has the harmonica on the correct side, Mask Protocol? 😷

https://youtu.be/DQDoq9u5X3E

• @celineellis  Mar 16

I watched 'King of Thieves' last night - about the Hatton Gardens Heist. then followed that up with another Heist movie - Entrapment from the 90's lols

• @billwhite51 Mar 19

Viva Zapata, Colour Out of Space,
    The L-Shaped Room,

• @ustaknow Mar 19

"White Nights" - seemed to fit the whole quarantine theme πŸ˜€ Dancing defectors trapped in Russia, circa '85

• @billwhite51 Mar 20

Sorry We Missed You, La Strega, System Crasher

• @billwhite51 Mar 20

The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean

• @billwhite51 Mar 21

Underground 1941 anti nazi thriller

• @rainchaser  Mar 21

I saw the new Sonic movie, I was surprised how much I enjoyed he movie! I was expecting it to be cringe worthy! Lol

• @billwhite51 Mar 24

London Belongs to Me
    Toward the Unknown

• @billwhite51 Mar 25

Born Reckless, The Wings of Eagles

• @ustaknow Mar 25

"The Wrecking Crew"

Stated in it, - "it" could not ever happen again; I don't agree. I see pockets of stuff like that forming, coming back, back into play. However, like them, it has to be * only about the music, only.

Dick Clark makes a few descriptive statements someone should have clarified, but, oh well (explain the why/how, of the why and how).

I enjoyed seeing Carol Kaye in it; esp. in her younger suit of clothes. We were in a "writing group" of sorts years ago, many, -- and then, out of the blue, "asheholes" kind of took over, (it dissapeared evntually), - hate when that happens; kind of sneaks up on ya it seems.

Again, - it has to stay "about the music", only, only.

• @ustaknow Mar 25

"Abby The Spoon Lady"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjxe...

(From one of my appalach areas of any long time living; south end πŸ˜€ of it! Slightly different neighborhoods, from the north end πŸ˜‰ but not by to much.)

• @billwhite51 Mar 26

Stigma

• @tcelliott  Mar 26

They Highwaymen which was was slow but I liked it.

Aquaman which was disappointing but only because they tried to squeeze so much into one movie. I didn't dislike it, but...

• @psyt Mar 26

I've watched Joker, and was extremely impressed. It was a whole lot better than I expected.
    I then watched Birds of Prey and was disappointed it wasn't anywhere near as good. I didn't regret watching it, cause it had some lovely choreographed fight scenes, but it's not something I'd want to watch again, unlike Joker, which is definitely a keeper.

• @ustaknow Mar 26

Carol Kaye πŸ˜€ -- gives, Gene Simmons (of KISS) Bass Lessons πŸ˜‰ - stresses to him, "no no no gene, you gotta do it with the beat..."! πŸ˜€ hahhh! Amen sistah! ain't no muzik w/o da beat! πŸ˜€ (part of the problem could be the guitar pick pointy side πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ ) (It is a small small world we live in! - Oh, and look how she tapes down the paper towel at the bridge! and with FLATS... just go fretless πŸ˜‰ Good stuff! good stuff!)

https://youtu.be/ZaHrqopeqIY

(I think this is the one omitted from this article "guitar player")
    https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/...

• @billwhite51 Mar 26

The File on Thelma Jordan

• @ustaknow Mar 27

Objecting to the quarantine - the only movies πŸŽ₯ I have time for at the moment - videos I am sent. So...,:

- Mean while in other countries or Jersey City (?) πŸ˜€ hahhh - no....

https://www.facebook.com/103189094419...

• @billwhite51 Mar 28

Pippi Longstocking (Sweden, 1969)

• @billwhite51 Mar 30

5000 Fingers of Dr. T

• @billwhite51 Mar 31

Im Not There

• @tamsnumber4  Apr 1

"Knives Out", have to say they didn't make it easy deciding "who done it" until the end.

• @billwhite51 Apr 1

@tamsnumber4 Knives Outwas one of the better movies of last year. Fantastic cast. The maiid should have won the supporting actress award. Now watching for about the tenth time.....Peter Fondas psychedelic western, The Hired hand.

• @billwhite51 Apr 1

The Addiction

• @vomvorton  Apr 1

I generally do a world movie challenge in March, I only managed to "visit" 18 different countries this year because I found myself craving comfort food viewing rather than challenging myself, but it was still a very rewarding endeavour!

Some of the best:
    A Separation (Iranian divorce drama, so compelling)
    Elevator to the Gallows (jazzy French noir)
    The Music Room (Indian film with some great musical interludes)
    Neighboring Sounds (low-key Brazilian film about different characters on a single street)
    The Secret in their Eyes (Argentinian romantic thriller!)
    The Wind Journeys (wonderfully bizarre Colombian film about an accordion player)
    Happy as Lazarro (strange and surprising Italian film about an innocent peasant boy)
    Extra Ordinary (extremely fun Irish horror comedy)
    All About My Mother (vividly colorful Spanish film from Pedro Almodovar)
    The Lives of Others (chilly German surveillance thriller)

• @vomvorton  Apr 1

@tamsnumber4 @billwhite51 I also watched Knives Out recently, great stuff! Daniel Craig is such a fun actor when he gets to relax a bit outside of Bond etc.

• @billwhite51 8 weeks

Song of the South, Stranger than Paradise

• @billwhite51 8 weeks

@vomvorton ive seen 5 of your 10 world movies. favorites are all about my mother and the music room. didnt care for the secret of their eyes (soap opera) or the lives of others (revisionist german propaganda).. loved the miles davis score to elevator to the gallows.

• @billwhite51 8 weeks

The Life of Oharu

• @dzd  8 weeks

Just finished 1917

"Well that didn't really have a point"
    I reply......What war does
    I enjoyed it

• @dzd  8 weeks

Oh and Walk Hard the Dewey Cox story for about the umpteenth time....one of my favorites

• @billwhite51 8 weeks

Hardcore

• @ustaknow 7 weeks

So @dzd you liked 1917 or not? Some movies give me flashbacks so avoid'em, that looked like one for some reason. ... N-E_way...

I found a "War of the World's" TV Series done by either the Brits, French or Irish I am really enjoying. Taping and viewing.

The Tom Cruise got pulled into it and may re-watch that later.

But this "new" series, it does following the story line but no "goolies" with 10 legs or Pod-people hooky krappe. More Modern Tech and more like, could be another countries attack, sort of, so to speak. That'll never happen I know πŸ˜‰

Oh, and the EU's will love - no Americans! - at all, so far. I was saying to my Naturalized wife, "but who will tell them all what to do"! πŸ˜€ Seems, the "French" have it in hand, and well. (French Alps SETI, it seems πŸ˜‰ ) Looks like a bad singer-songwriter song (music sent out) pissed them off and makes them want to destroy us all!!! (Thank God, not one of my songs! πŸ˜‰ ) (no kidding, part of the plot!).

So, as of the 3rd 1hr episode, - can't wait to finish what appears to be 8 in the series ? not sure. (I want one of my songs used that way, apocalyptically speaking πŸ˜€ )

If nothing else, it's a good "training" series, for "TODAY" πŸ˜€ - how to keep you ashes alive πŸ˜€ - dem ill, Eagles πŸ˜‰ damne der nasty!

https://www.amazon.com/98-6-Degrees-K...

Apocalyptically speaking...

• @billwhite51 7 weeks

Waterfront (1950, British, with Richard Burton)

• @billwhite51 7 weeks

Straw Dogs

• @ustaknow 7 weeks

Ah, another "Series" πŸ˜€
    - "The Last Ship" - another good traiing course πŸ˜€ for present times where life follows art (?).

I, actually never saw it when first deployed; was put out in bits and pieces, as for what I could access and then, "non-fresh" reruns? Geese.

So, now in what looks like 3 episode chunks and in order of release, of at least S1, can grab those. Looks like is up to S5 - so could be lousy past S2. I dunno... never seen prior.

I think the Quantanomo scene (in the first scenes) was interesting. The guard says, "no more governments or countries left, so we let them all go"; "then they killed all but me".

- Hmmm, big surpise; maybe? πŸ˜€ hahhh!

"Lord of The Flies" baby! I'll have to find that one; the 1963 B&W one. I need a good nightmare/flashback! πŸ˜€

• @billwhite51 7 weeks

Meet John Doe

• @billwhite51 7 weeks

Dont Look Now

• @ustaknow 7 weeks

I started to have, "dream" movies πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

So, in this dream (produced by me and God? πŸ˜€ ) ,
    - I was throwing Frisbees, and then (musically related), singing into the back of them and if hit the "right" note they would expand, unlimited like a kids soap bubble maker, expand in a liquid like bubble, and have the sound of those low grumbling "chant" Notes/Growls, pleasant and low and thick in tone.

I got excited and grabbed a bunch of them (frisbees) I had IRL bought a box of them for a yard game I had for a party and one ofter the other, sang into the back of them, - all expanded in liquid bubble and then back firm, disk again; I tapped them to check.

I thought, why only when I sing into these do I get this great sound.

The End πŸ˜€

Dream Movies, there are no re-runs, or ones anyone else can see πŸ˜€

- HolloyWood, look out, here they come...

• @billwhite51 7 weeks

Rebell Withouts a Cause

• @dzd  7 weeks

@ustaknow one of my favorite bands.... Built to Spill....has a song/lyric "I wanna see the movies of my dreams" haven't heard it in awhile so don't quote my quotes haha....just super reminded me of that
    @billwhite51 hah....think I now wanna re-watch that one as well πŸ˜‰

Changing Lanes
    finished it last night/this morning pretty good affleck/sam jackson flick

• @billwhite51 7 weeks

Die monster Die

• @headfirstonly  7 weeks

@billwhite51 - An old favourite of mine, based on Lovecraft's "The Colour out of Space". Rather looking forwards to seeing the new (and by all accounts very good) version with Nic Cage (yes, it's him again!)

• @ustaknow 7 weeks

@dzd Ah, the cosmic connection of the universal mind at work again.

When younger, I had non-stop music and movies playing in my head, - and thought that's how it was with everyone.

Later in young adult life, somehow it came up on a conversation with an employer πŸ˜€ hahhh... I don't remember how or why. I do remember the look on their face. So, I asked, what do you hear? They said, you talking. I said, nothing else? And the look on their face said it all. The conversation went sideways for a moment and then ended. I could not tell what *their issue was really, concern and wonderment for their own self, me, or what... but don't seem to forget that.

I think when younger when said, I'm trying to play the music in my head, - folks listened as they do, "not really listening" as most folks do not, or read, or comprehend as it goes in life. The issue then was, I had no way, proficiency to get it "out". Now I do, and that music is gone, or changed, and does not play 24x7 as it did (normal for me and not an issue, other than being obviosly different πŸ˜‰ hahhh! yeehaw!!!!).

It seems the critical side, expressions ALWAYS have to be the prevelant with human beings, - how it is.

I remind some, from time to time, "the very thing that you don't like "now", you just paid big money for during "this" issue". So next time you criticise your wife, husband, kids, dog, gold fish for being to [...] remember what it is they do for you that you'd miss is you were successful in CHANGING IT! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

Ah, the regrets of unintended consequences, - ever been a movie made about it? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

• @billwhite51 7 weeks

die monster die was closer to the house of usher than colour out of space, but the new one is faithful to the story.

• @dzd  7 weeks

A beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Hanks did a good job as Mr. Rogers (I was around the first generation of raised by tv kids , cable being brand new and all.....I really enjoyed it, I'll always have a soft spot for Rogers.)

I watched some of the colour out of space......fell asleep, but got a good chuckle about Nic Cage, alpaca farmer hahah.

• @dzd  7 weeks

A beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Hanks did a good job as Mr. Rogers (I was around the first generation of raised by tv kids , cable being brand new and all.....I really enjoyed it, I'll always have a soft spot for Rogers.)

I watched some of the colour out of space......fell asleep, but got a good chuckle about Nic Cage, alpaca farmer hahah.

• @dzd  7 weeks

@ustaknow
    Pretty similar experience here, always assumed everyone had music or something going on upstairs, and a lot seem to, but in more of the earworm just something they've heard recently stuck in their head. I don't as much anymore unless there's no outside stimulus....maybe just a getting older thing

• @ustaknow 7 weeks

Who's Nic Cage, and why is he an alpaca farmer in sleeping color who's doing Mr. Rogers? Hmmm, I'm missing something here, I am sure. Well, just so long as none of this makes sense I'll feel safe and good about it. It's when I might ever start understanding you people, I'll get worried. It's all my world and I make the rules πŸ˜€ hahhh. Ah, the music is starting, so the voices then go away πŸ˜‰ hahahahhaahh...

• @dzd  6 weeks

hahahah yeah I somehow just made it through Rambo Last Blood
    I don't really know how.......

that color movie did have a good scene with Nic sampling his alpaca milk as fresh as it comes.......almost worth it just for that πŸ˜€

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

Back Pay (Borzage, 1922)

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

@dzd the first reel of last blood was promising, but once it hit the taken template, i stopped watching it. i have a love hate relationship with stallone that began when i attended the paradise alley premiere with a friend who was in it, and i was appalled to see stallone there wearing a Rocky 2 t shirt. i had read his novel paradise alley and thought he did a decent job of bringing it to the screen and here he was promoting something that was in my opinion, relative crap. my second encounter with was on the other coasrt he was named man of the year by harvard lampoon, and i asked him why all the bullshit about vietnam in rambo first blood, he looked me straight iin the eye with a look that could kill and replied, every bit in that movie was true. i was paralyzed by those eyes and could not make a comback, just receded into the crowd.

• @dzd  6 weeks

@billwhite51 hahah....every bit true....sure it was, maybe in a dream
    I had the thought while watching that crap fest (we can all just hope is really the "last" blood, personally I bet he's probably already writing last blood part II) how he keeps having these vietnam flashbacks, when his character has killed more in these movies than died on all sides of that "police action"

• @ustaknow 6 weeks

Is it Rocky 2, Rocky II, Rocky Too, Rocky Also, to, tue... I get confused. And, what's the diffrance? Was it i of the tiger, or oi? Sounds Austrian, I mean Australian? Is Australia in Vietnam? Would that make kangaroos, monkeys?

So many questions, so little tyme.

• @dzd  6 weeks

Good question, but I have always wanted to box a kangaroo for some idiotic stuck in my head reason(I'm sure I'd stand as good a chance with any professional heavyweight, which is absolutely nonexistat one hahaha)

hahaha I hear that's Australia's number one pastime πŸ˜€ but just a big old dummy here that believes everything he wants to

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

200 Motels i first saw it when it came out in theatres. i was a teenagr and was elated when i left the theatre. i had never seen anything liked it and loved it. saw it many times over the years and always enjoyed it. a friend of mine was ithe band at the time and quit because he didnt want to be in the movie. he was mad because so much of the script was taken from tapes frank had hidden in the motel rooms and he resented seeing so many of his own lines in the script without iving him any credit. in the end, mark and howie were given credit for additional material but jeff simmons was not. this always pissed me off but i still loved the movie...but the last few times i have watched it i see that it is really a load of crap. what i took away from it this time is that a mediocre composer of neo classical music can become a rock and roll guitar god if that is what he wants to be.

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

Forbidden Planet

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

ALICE'S RESTAURANT

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

Ossessione

• @headfirstonly  6 weeks

Finally got around to watching Justice League on Amazon Prime. "It wasn't quite as terrible as I expected" is probably the nicest thing I could say.

• @ustaknow 6 weeks

"Lord of War", with my good friend Nic (Ah, the good'ole daze πŸ˜€ ) -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXgyo...

• @dzd  6 weeks

@billwhite51 hahah I think that's the best take I've ever heard on zappa... I'm sure I've had that movie forced upon me somewhere or have seen snippets, I know the jest of it, never really felt the need to see it, Alice's restaurant is kinda for me required Thanksgiving watching about like Christmas story on Christmas has become over the years.

• @dzd  6 weeks

@headfirstonly still havent watched that, I enjoyed the most recent of the superman reboots, even liked affleck as batman in v superman, might give it a shot
    @ustaknow hahah a nic classic πŸ˜‰ just saw that maybe 6months? ago

Big asimov fan so I never bothered watching bicentennial man, saw it tonight was better than I thought it would be

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

@dzd arlo guthrie is one of the few survivng treasures of the united states. i am so happy that he did not get huntingtons chorea and has survived to continue to inspire pele with hs music. as literature the song alices restaurant stands with the tales of will rogers and mark twain as a lasting piece of comic storytelling.

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

Victim (Basil Deardenm 1961)

• @ustaknow 6 weeks

"The Blues Brothers" ... well, channel surfed through it and caught the great Blues songs with multiple Street Dances when purchasing their new "axes" - scene.

I still have a Movie Poster in my garage hangin on the wall, - a favorite to cover the prior owners circa 1980's Car Calendar I was to lazy to pull down and chuck out... - grand'ma's now I am sure!
    - You know, they should have a B4 and After, - car calendar πŸ˜€ hahhh! the road we all TRAVEL! πŸ˜€

• @dzd  6 weeks

@billwhite51 yeah I'm glad about that one as well, as Woody is a state treasure here πŸ˜€ to me anyway, not to most hahah. I caught Arlo's daughter(couldn't tell you her name without Google) at a show in OK it's been some years back, she seems to have the songwriting gift as well.

@ustaknow hahah before after car calendar is a grand idea

Just finished "Glass" I really enjoyed it, but I also liked the previous two in that installment lol I really need to get off the fucking couch.

• @billwhite51 6 weeks

@dzd i saw arlos daughter at a festival dnd didnt know whp she was... thought she was great and checked the schedule and saw the guthrie name and wondered if she was a relation ..when she made reference of going to her dads house in stocktion, it was clear. some years later, i saw the guthrie family tour.

• @dzd  6 weeks

@billwhite51 same thing, although I should of made the connection earlier it was at the woodyfest in okemah haha

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

Bambi, Gulivers Travels, Mean Streets, Flesh Eating Zombies

• @dzd  5 weeks

@billwhite51 hahah how does bambi hold up? My first drive-thru watch that I remember....back seat with my folks

Just finished blazing saddles, I needed a good non-pc laugh

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

@dzd i think bambi is disneys finest anmiated film, and perhaps the most beautiful animated film i have seen. my daughter loves it,and demnds to see it fairly often, and im amazed at its quality...the first time i saw blazing saddlles was a sneak preview about which we were told nothing. as the titles rolled, i was happy to see it was a western, and i loved frankie laines singing of the title song. when the jokes started, i didnt quite get it, but within ten minutes i was laughing my head off, and i didnt stop laughing until the end of the movie from this i learned the importance of the element of surprise in a movie. had i known it was suppsed tobe funny, u oulnt have laughed to much. later, when young frankenstein came out, i didnt laugh at all becaue it delivered exactly what i expected. brooks did a god job, but i wasnt cught off gaurd.

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

@dzd Boss Nigger is another offbeat take on the black sheriff trope

• @dzd  5 weeks

@billwhite51 Yeah I've always been partial to that era of animation myself, I like Fantasia just fine, but seems a little overdone, of course I've only seen updated versions of it I'll have to check boss nigger out as well.

Disfarmer A Portrait of America .....fell asleep watching it last night, was just was just sleepy just finished it, was pretty good an hourish long documentary about depression era photographer Mike Disfarmer who I had never heard of.

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

i dislike fantasia because they ruin the music by making us assoiciate all those images with it. and the in between stuff. with the conductor is boring..

• @dzd  5 weeks

@billwhite51 boss nigger was hard to track down hahah, but I did enjoy it, had to torrent it. I never did watch the new fantasia they did, I might give it a shot while still nothing happening but becoming part of a couch haha, actually found some old VHS Disney's bambi and dumbo got watched last night, yeah bambi still is beutiful....even on VHS haha.

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

Blind Date

• @chrishope 5 weeks

better times , sweet little raw british movie

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

High Time

• @dzd  5 weeks

Hah....loved better times, saw it what seems like a lifetime ago.....the lingo and black and white was a turnoff for most I know(not a very literate crowd)

@billwhite51 I'll @ you here just because .. great stuffs last yearish? Something about blue dogs biting very hard and nobody caring πŸ˜€

• @dzd  5 weeks

Oh....why I came here....some shit on directv.... guitar legends 2? Never saw 1 heh,
    Just watched an estefan spawn that was not gloria let loose.....i can only hope it wasnt practiced

• @dzd  5 weeks

Turned off quick once they brought out doors survivors and made it a singalong

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

@dzd wote and posted over 130 songs lasst year on fawn and 30 90...i think blue dogs dont bite, a collab with ustaknow, was from the year before

• @ustaknow 5 weeks

"The Foreigner" - recommend, it, hard to describe.

I'm not a jackie chan fan or pierce brosnan either (spelling?) ... I don't dislike them, just PB was not good as "bond" imo (don't like bond pics anyway πŸ˜€ ), and JC is to silly the intire picture kung fooing his way through. (Love him personally, just not silly karate antics.)

But this one, well done.

I liked PB in a couple of offbeat ones as he's gotten older (lots of good guy/bad guy parts, - interesting to me). If JC keeps making these (produced it as well), I'll look for his stuff.

If he did a better job I'd be to flashbacky, and not be able to watch; but realistic enough with an unusul story line (IRA active today, and seeking reactivation, screwing with UK... - his last family (JC) member is a casualty in a IRA bombing, and well, -- he's gonna get his pound of flesh, but, not like "rambo" -- more realistically via house hold chemistry πŸ˜€ )

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

Lover Come Back, Destroy Al Monsters, Slackers, A Jitney Elopement

• @dzd  5 weeks

Leviathan

One I'd always meant to catch and finally did, I enjoyed it

@ustaknow that's another I've been told I would probably enjoy, might give it a go this evening after I get some gardening done, dogs shocker fence on the fritz as well after some rain...best guess is a gopher got it(one of thems a cow chaser and already been shot once haha)

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

the spy who came in from the cold.

• @billwhite51 5 weeks

@dzd.... the russian Leviathan? great film should have taken the foreign film oscar in 2015..

• @dzd  5 weeks

The 1990ish one, super Hollywoodized but was still a decent flick

• @billwhite51 4 weeks

Ballad of Cable Hogue

• @ustaknow 4 weeks

Because of my new found "like" of Pierce Brosnan, lately, (not a fan unitl recently and still not a "fan", so to speak)... I thought I'd try "The SON" -- seems a new series, which I prefer over traditional movies if like a very long movie πŸ˜‰ ...
    PB's page in case others don't now him as I might not, -- https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000112/

Anyway, "The SON" eh... not sure. Since I had been a comm major for a while long ago... was fond of hitchcockian "methods" w/Pictures. So, where this series falls down is, as hithcock might have (arguably indeed), NOT shown the ear cutting off stuff and just cut to the Austin Tx scene or et alia, no, they had to "turn my wife off" to it to gratify "todays" need? to see that? Did/does that make it better? Let me edit it, get a focus group, and lest Sea via ScientiFik mathuds... πŸ˜‰ No, that does not, never did make a Picture better.

However, I will power through this and look for historical inaccuracties πŸ˜€ hahhh! So far looks like indigenous folks getting some interesting attention and not necessarilty cliche, or negative, so to speak. We'll see. I suspect the English Speaking fellow with feathers... was likely "Christian Schooled" - notta good history there and one has to know a LOT of REAL north american continent history to appreciate some of it, if they did that much research?, who knows... (likely not). And, likely none of the "indians" are indigenous... didn't check, and don't know those actors used.

I saw a few other kinda lame ones... not worthy of mention.

Anyway, I prefer series 'cause I just love a 20 hour movie! πŸ˜€ yeehaww!

• @dzd  4 weeks

@ustaknow

That show is on my list of been told to watch....from a fella that knows too much about the attempted genocide of his race.....sad to think wasnt that long ago in the scheme of things, early 80s I heard first hand Indian Wars stories from both sides.

• @dzd  4 weeks

Finally watched Fantasia 2000 (just a little behind)

Wasnt real impressed.....definitely would of been better without all the introductions.

• @ustaknow 4 weeks

@dzd -- not a fau pax, but in one scene in that series, I caught the ATV wide wheel tracks the camera rode one πŸ˜€ ... in the Tall grass... front the riders πŸ˜€ Model T's didn't have fat knobbies πŸ˜€ so, just say'in.

There's like 20 episodes it seem but the service I have is only at 7, so that may be as far as I get.

They tone down the "graphics" a bit, but still a few... in case watch with anyone who gets effected.

Yes, for some reason, they don't teach much north american continent history... my history lessons were, the Romans were heros and Washington chopped Dad's cherry tree. (I passed, "grades"... but never stopped reading... - the shame about history, is the education is never passed on, only the wealth, the education has to be re-learned each gen... - and so it goes!)

• @billwhite51 4 weeks

Seven Deaths in the Cats Eye

• @billwhite51 4 weeks

Ghost Galleon

• @billwhite51 4 weeks

Martin Eden

• @ustaknow 4 weeks

"Billy Elliott"

An odd, to me, little film. It's hard to find stuff that Wifey will watch as well... so save stuff over when see it.

Anyway, some of the Irish, Australian, even "English" πŸ˜‰ stuff, ain't bad.

It engages a little bit of historic period there and sub-culture, there, in that part of the Island, there... with a boy of about 11 yo, -- good kid. However, I'd say, anyone who had a "child hood" of (as artist) non-support may relate to it. Although, overtly, looks nothing like "me", -- I grew up in a non-arts supported house, as well πŸ˜‰

I like how they do, what I'll call, a "point of irony" (not to spoil it and a minor, minor sub-plot) of what he is and is not, but others maybe, -- his childhood buddy.

Well, a different one for me, and not for when you're looking for a "blow'em up" picture, to be sure. Oh, I know... they say "chick flick", hmmm, maybe a "guy flick" if there is such a thing, but not the "Full Metal Jacket" kind, the other kind. πŸ˜€

• @dzd  4 weeks

Another not a movie but
    Vikings
    Still haven't seen all of it, probably never will but I'm caught up now.

@billwhite51 is seven deaths by cat worth watching? I am fairly bored lol comes recommended by a movie buff friend.

@ustaknow that's another I've been told I'd like or at least finish lol might give it a go

• @ustaknow 4 weeks

"The Parts You Lose"
    Primary is - Aaron Paul, (Pinkman of Breaking Bad)

It's dated, made 2019 (I'll come back to this date):

It's not bad. It's a "tad confused" in flow since is using a "Deductive" approach, - I'll call it that (inductive/deductive communication, flow, plot layout).
    -- At the end, if paid attention and real smart πŸ˜€ you then get the, to me, disjointed flow, -- no spoilers, just say'in. You may have had to be a LEO (or experienced criminal πŸ˜‰ ) though to get my drift, if even catch it.

OK, now, re: 2019. If remember correctly?
    -- The follow up movie to Breaking Bad, was it "El Camino"? -- well, I think in the last scene he says he's heading to Alaska, dropped off there. πŸ˜€

Now, (being brief here), -- if kept up with BB lore ... there was an alternate idea for an ending, possibly more than the two. Who knows. There may have been many -- like song revisions.

So, with what occurs in this Picture here, -- it *crossed my mind, how did *this movie occur.
    -- For folks who keep up with BB and related, you may appreciate my point, supposition. Again, no spoilers... but, if watch it and loved Breaking Bad, you'll appreciate this wonderment. (How is this guy in the position he's in in North Dakota?!?)

-- Eh, or, maybe not! πŸ˜€

• @billwhite51 3 weeks

Triple feature today.....Gigi, Billy Jack goes to Washngton, Blood of the Mummys Tomb

• @ustaknow 3 weeks

"Ticking Clock" with Cuba Gooding Jr.

Well, I'll provide a bloddy scene warning, that again, does not need to be in the Picture but is. I almost shut if off, but figured, -- I like Cuba and didn't think he'd be in a krappey movie.

No spoiler alert... but, if you can make it past those scenes (blow you nose, study you popcorn bowl... you'll be somewhat rewarded with an interesting twist, you will not expect, I didn't Oh my. If I could edit it I am sure I'd make it an academy award revision πŸ˜€

Good story, great actors, really really bad director? Probably... but even whomever that was could not mess it up, - nonetheless πŸ˜€

• @billwhite51 3 weeks

Shocking Dark aka Terminator 2 aka Aliens 2 aka Alienator.....a really bad movie . but not s bad as Tarantinos half of Grindhouse.

• @ustaknow 3 weeks

"Klute" -- a really really really (really) bad 1971 ish, "kool cat" movie of anti-"squares". However, they do at least leave out that language... omg.

They call it "noir" - uh, no; and "acclaimed", -- for what? Krappe?

"This acclaimed thriller stars Jane Fonda as Bree Daniel, a New York City call girl ... ..."

Nonetheless, if anyone wants a bad LSD trip down memory lane with bad JF acting (is there any other kind?) ... and see Donald Sutherland as a young man, - hey, it's 90 mins of your life, you'll never get back again. I endured the first 60 mins... and came back later after waking myself up, -- just had to see how it ended since knew the plot, outcome, wrap up -- correctly.

I did enjoy seeing all the 1968 Chevy's and Fords sucking down Gas, and kiling the Planet thought. Ahh, man, dose wear da daze... if remember correctly. I was barely able old enough to be allowed to turn on our shittey 16 inch black and white TV anyway and watch all the Vietnam death reports in living color (?) then. I actually remember those days well enough. Not much changed, hahhh!

So, yes, indeed -- "Klute", he's da man... before you had to be "Macho" to be da man, -- just intelligent πŸ˜‰ 10 rotten tomatoes for this one unless just dropped a full tab. And, not the Soda...

• @billwhite51 2 weeks

Painted Fire, Robot Monster

• @billwhite51 2 weeks

The Red Shoes

• @dzd  2 weeks

@billwhite51 robot monster? hahaha I love/hate that one..what a wonderful cinematic piece of shit....hah...If you are that bored kind sir let me lure you over to helping me build this music bunker.....it's gonna be nothing but fun.....tractors can't reach it....bobcats are too expensive.....shovels and heart required πŸ˜€ ...........hah..........yup gonna have to happen now.

Oh I watched the voice today...and whatever piece of shit show that came after that..........oh my!....

• @dzd  2 weeks

I need back to work.......doing my menial tasks....making sure americans are happy with their service rendered....heh....too much free time on my hands has put me on too many more watchlists and realizations how dumb the "average" fella/ fellina is.

• @dzd  2 weeks

I did manage to make it through the new DC animated one....JusticeLeague Dark Apocalypse

• @billwhite51 2 weeks

Aloha Bobby and Rose

• @billwhite51 2 weeks

@dzd were it not for the cop out ending, robot monster would have been a pretty radical movie, with the little girl getting killed and all..the cheaapest and crummiest of these 1950s movies look pretty god to e in comparison to the crap made today.at least they were made iwith professional equipment by people who know how to use the equipment. why robot monster? my wife is the head co ordinator for all mental health clinics in north lima and workds 16 hours a day. i am home with my four year old daughter all that tine and its hard to find a movie suitable for here that i can bear.. one everyones asleep i can watch something good, like tonights aloha bobby and rose, an under rated neo noir from the seventies set mostly in and around hollywood. .

• @dzd  2 weeks

hahah.... I stand by robot monster for those reasons πŸ˜€

will go off to watch aloha bobby and rose... one I've never heard of

• @billwhite51 2 weeks

The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flynn)

• @dzd  2 weeks

Dawn Rider.........pretty good flick

• @billwhite51 2 weeks

one from the heart

• @ustaknow 1 week

"Legion"

For when God gets tire of all the bullscheit... πŸ˜‰ indeed.

Best anti-abortion ad I ever saw. But, don't watch it prior to going to bed, or after dropping a Tab πŸ˜€

• @billwhite51 1 week

Unplanned was my favorite anti abortion film....... the candy snatchers, performance,

• @billwhite51 1 week

You'll Never Get Rich

• @billwhite51 6 days

3 Bad Men

• @billwhite51 3 days

four drected by wiliam wyler//the collector, the westerner, the big country, friendly persuasion

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...