what are you listening to?

Skip to the bottom

• @tsunamidaily  1 week

i have all 3 this mortal coil CDs in the car and have been listening to them. haven't dragged out the hope blister, but i might. the song selection, incredible vocalists, and sheer incredible recording quality inspire me.

so what are you listening to? is it stuff that inspires you or regular listening? or a guilty pleasure? do tell....

• @bootlegger 1 week

I'm trying to draw inspiration from everything right now. So I'm listening to a lot. From Phoebe Bridgers to Soccer Mommy to the Cure to Manchester Orchestra to Radical Face to Julien Baker to Chastity Belt to Mannequin Pussy to Greet Death to the Envy Corps to Right Away Great Captain. I'm sure I'm missing some.

• @gslade 1 week

Been focusing on female led metal bands.

• @kanttila 1 week

Still listening to BiSH a ton. I love them and don't get sick of their songs, espeically in the car. I'm absolutely crazy about their song "Lonely Girl" above all.

Been listening to KISS more often lately. My favorite band for 12 years now and I always love them but have times like now where I listen to like Rock 'n Roll Over and just feel it deep in my soul. I get so into it and remember why they are my eternal favorite. I hear those great melodies, Ace's solos, Peter's cool as can be drum fills and that groove they used to have. Oh man it just hits in the right mood.

I haven't found a new craze yet.

• @spikedirection 1 week

Garage rock and junky blues as per. New discoveries include Mesa Cosa, Juke Joint Pimps, the Delta Bombers, Blue Carpet Band and Twin Temple.

• @mannon 1 week

Been listening to alot of nu-wave funk to give me inspiration - Lucky Daye, Thundercat, Jungle, Tom Minsch, ect. : D

• @scottlake 1 week

@tsunamidaily I just sold a pristine boxed set of This Mortal Coil on Discogs. I think I got $55 for it.

I’m currently listening through the Rush discography, of course, in honor of Neil.

Also I’m late to the Raconteur’s so I’ve been spinning them quite a lot. Lots of Black Keys as well.

• @boyatheart 1 week

I'm listening to songs I have to learn for some upcoming shows, which is mostly 80s pop hits right now.
    That's pretty much all I listen to nowadays... songs I have to learn!

• @krayzie003 1 week

Nocap and the Rap Caviar playlist in Spotify

• @looprication  6 days

Made a conscious effort to listen to as much vinyl as possible this year - A Place To Bury Strangers, TORRES, Gaussian Curve, Concrete Blonde, Wye Oak, Moby, Gil Scott-Heron, PJ Harvey, Slowdive, Bat For Lashes.

Giorgia Angiuli's In A Pink Bubble has been on heavy rotation for me over the last year.

I also spent an hour the other night going through my own unfinished songs from 2002.

• @cts  6 days

@looprication - I'm with you on that front. I've been listening to a great deal of vinyl in the studio while prepping my gear for FAWM. Graham Central Station, Brass Construction, Odyessy and David Ruffin.

• @cts  6 days

@mannon - Love, love, LUUUUUUV Thundercat!!

• @jamkar  6 days

Snarky Puppy.

• @aesthetic72  6 days

Petros Klampanis. He is music.

• @haim 6 days

To be honest, I don't know what happened, but I haven't listened to music like I'm supposed to in a very long time. I feel like my brain has gotten far away from music a little bit in the last months. You just made me realize that. ohoh...

• @chipwithrow  6 days

Wow! I've never heard of so many of these artists you mention!
    @kanttila Rock and Roll Over! My favorite start-to-finish Kiss album. Junior high school soundtrack!
    @scottlake I had Rush-worshiping friends in high school and didn't quite get it. I liked the hits and the shorter songs. But this week I went back and listened - again, mainly to the songs I knew - and that's some really good songwriting and radically good playing.
    I'm proud to have introduced my 18-year-old daughter to the Go Gos this week. Jane Wiedlin performed at an art opening at our local community college - the artist was inspired by the Go Gos and became friends with Jane.

• @metalfoot  6 days

The Lost Dogs -- Little Red Riding Hood (2019 remaster) + Big Bad Wolf (bonus disc)

• @eberts0604 6 days

Seratones and Black Pumas.

• @lvgd09  6 days

WHO

It's brand new...haven't heard all the songs yet.

Update: I have heard .the entire album now and I say it's very good. I think they have a hit with "Break The News". I like the "Ball and Chain" song but "Break The News" is one very catchy song. I can still hear it in my head. I can't post the audio but it could be on the horizon. Some of it is adult lyrics...and I don't know but I sure like the way it sounds. Oh, also the first song "All This Music Must Fade" is pretty good too

edit: The link broke and was just a link to the lyrics "Break The News"....screw it

More here if you are interested: https://www.billboard.com/articles/co...

• @tcelliott  5 days

@gslade Like what? I like female vocalists in hard rock. Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless etc.,

• @tcelliott  5 days

Just started listening to Buddy and Julie Miller - Breakdown on 20th Ave. South and so far I like it alot.
    Next up will be Ryan Bingham - American Love Song and Yola - Walk Through Fire... and then maybe Calexico and Iron & Wine - Years to burn. Maybe.

• @edwardsmusic 5 days

I've been listening to a lot of Jandek.

• @gslade 5 days

@tcelliott Excellent that you said Halestorm first. They're my favorite current band. But I've also been jamming New Year's Day / Diamante / Stitched Up Heart / Sumo Cyco

• @celineellis  5 days

Main playlists on the go lately have been;

Shawn Colvin - a few small repairs in particular
    Noah Guthrie - his newer material
    Imagine Dragons - driving tunes
    Lucy Spraggan - today is a good day

• @tjfafterdark 5 days

Les Nubiannes
    Art of Noise
    Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine

• @atitlan 5 days

@tsunamidaily This Mortal Coil were a major obsession for me at the time. "Filigree & Shadow" is the one I'm particularly attached to.

At the moment Anna von Hausswolff is still getting a lot of listens - can't get enough of the song "The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra".

Pumarosa - "Devastation" is also getting a fair bit of attention.

• @bradbrubaker  3 days

I've been taking deep dives into different artists' full discographies. Lately Against Me!, the Grateful Dead and the Mountain Goats. Spoon and The Hold Steady/Craig Finn are on deck.

• @spingo  3 days

Today it was Spoon, playing them for our drummer:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

• @spingo  3 days

Also JINX

• @robynmackenzie  3 days

I've really been digging Post Animal, The Shelters, Temples, and Tame Impala. Also a little bit of Post Malone.

• @adforperu  3 days

Just discovered 070 Shake's new album and it's very good.

• @konemake 3 days

I was talking with someone how either one of us didn't really like trance music, except couple of artists: Plastikman and Juno Reaktor.
    So now I'm listening to Plastikman and this sounds actually even than I remembered.

• @petemurphy 3 days

We have a CD in the car with loads of @susyblue FAWM demos on it (dating 2016 - 2019). My wife absolutely loves it, so we listen to that all the time.

Also, Liz Frencham's new album gets a lot of airplay around here. It's beautiful.

Aside from Fawmers, lately I've been listening to 'Songs From The Depths Of Hell' by Aleksander Tytus Kulisiewicz, a concentration camp survivor.

I recently discovered an artist from Israel called Netta Goldhirsch, who I think is brilliant. I'm currently doing a radio show, and I dedicated the entirety of last week's show to her music.

I'm always listening to Ergo Phizmiz. Likewise Zach Phillips.

• @ampersandman  2 days

Just listening to the new Pearl Jam single. Might end up becoming the first PJ song that i like since Riot Act. It has a nice Talking Heads feeling.

• @kanttila 2 days

Recently I listened to Donna Summer's Bad Girls and was very impressed.

It's beyond a disco album, each side of the record is a different theme and on side 4 it goes insane into territory that would influence House and other Synth music later on. Giorgio Moroder & Pete Bellotte do great production and Donna Summer was a great vocalist with character. This album was way more than I expected, I really liked it. My favorite song was "Walk Away".

• @looprication  1 day

@konemake I would probably classify Plastikman / Hawtin as techno. Some of Juno Reactor's stuff is definitely a form of trance. It's an acquired taste, and even though my clubbing days were about at the peak of it, I'm pretty choosy with what I listen to in that genre 😉

• @gubna 1 day

Queens of the Stone Age, Eleven, Frost, Beatles, Joe Satriani, Coltrane, Miles Davis, Chopin.

And Tom Waits

• @dreamscuba  1 day

I have gotten into listening to post-metal/post-rock music lately....fascinated by bands like "Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster"...."Show Me a Dinosaur"...All inspired by a friend of mine that posts pictures of his latest vinyl acquisitions on Instagram and I was wondering what they sounded like...Cool.

• @tsunamidaily  19 hours

now i'm on a streak of playing albums which were recorded quickly-- van morrison's "astral weeks," sinead o'connor's "the lion and the cobra," miles davis' "kind of blue." i want to hear others catch that lightning in a bottle, to inspire me. i think i'll even ask for suggestions in a forum post, for more suggestions....

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...