London’s Burning - London FOP 28 March

Skip to the bottom

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 13

Londoners assemble!

We had a spectacular FOP last year, let’s do it again!

I work in London but live in Reading.

• @oddbod  Jan 13

Knock knock
    Who’s there?
    Maybe it’s a big horse
    Maybe it’s a big horse who?
    Maybe it’s a big horse I’m a Londoner

Born in London (SE). Lived there until 15 years ago. Now live in Kent but still work in the City.

• @johnnycashpoint Jan 14

SW11 representing (again)!

• @wobbiewobbit  Jan 15

woohoo! Tottenham: present

• @dragondreams  Jan 15

I was there, despite being a Yorkshireman! 😁
    T'was awesome!

• @hornesgiftshop  Jan 16

I was there too - hope to see you all again in March.

• @andybalham Jan 23

Ready and aiming to trip the PA!

• @johnnycashpoint Jan 24

Given the annual hassle finding dates and sh*t like that, maybe we should start discussing the FOP early this year?

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 24

@andybalham lol leave that to me

• @wobbiewobbit  Jan 24

@andybalham and @sw1n3flu I have a replacement now! willing to try again!
    I could look into that place again if we liked that, and the afternoon slot seemed to suit us too

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 24

It was great!

• @helenseviltwin  Jan 24

@wobbiewobbit - yeah, that was brill. If you're up for organising again, it would be most appreciated.

• @wobbiewobbit  Jan 25

yep i am happy to. dates? talk to me!

• @dreamscuba  Jan 25

I was there '86-'96....Now, the other side of the planet.

• @helenseviltwin  Jan 25

I am currently largely free all weekend dates apart from 8th

• @helenseviltwin  Jan 25

(in march that is - I'm also free most weekend dates in April, apart Easter weekend)

@karan @sentense are you likely to make it over?

• @dragondreams  Jan 25

Most weekends are good for me! And that venue was fantastic! 😀

• @boxtape Jan 25

Not far away in Sussex, so would love to be involved!

• @johnnycashpoint Jan 25

Any day in March except the 8th. Any day in April. I have no life.

• @andybalham Jan 27

My familiy commitments are a bit uncertain at the moment, but I will do my damndest to be there. And to get my chord sheets right this time @dragondreams 😉

• @dragondreams  Jan 27

@andybalham - it was fun and quite "jazz" last time. 😉

• @lastnightilie Jan 28

Does it count if you're American but want to be in London? (I'm sure I'll write a decent song about this eventually.) Also will be there in early June

• @tomslatter Feb 1

'Ello! Took a year off last time so looking forward to this year.

Yes, let's FOP. Weekends in March and April are good at the mo (my life is as uneventful as @johnnycashpoint 's).

What was the venue last year?

• @dragondreams  Feb 1

@tomslatter
    http://www.thekingandqueenpub.com/
    It was a fantastic venue. And they let us have their function room for the princely sum of "throw something in a bucket for a cancer charity"...

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 1

Probably not free on weekend of 20-21 march anymore, but also, have a gig at the king and queen on 19 March with @expendablefriend and @stewartscissor

• @digitig Feb 1

Hello from the bottom right-hand corner. (Orpington)

• @pooka  Feb 1

Still in London - Enfield, still - and will be for all of February, apart from between the 14th and 18th when I'll be in Brighton.

Up for doing FOP, collaborating, etc. Not available during the weekend of 14/15 March.

I'll still need to write some songs, then.

• @sentense Feb 3

@helenseviltwin this year it will be very unlikely and i'm heartbroken about that - it's the first time since years that my calendar is so complicated that it gives me no good option at all for a trip to UK. I would need some kind of miracle... :'-(

• @karan  Feb 3

@helenseviltwin , and unfortunately this affects me as well. I hope for a miracle (i.e. @sentense getting some time off after all), but it's very unlikely. :'(

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 3

@karan @sentense - your presence shall be very much missed 😞

• @djohnson Feb 6

Hello from the Royal (dontchaknow) Borough of Greenwich. Most weekends in March and April look decent at the moment!

• @hornesgiftshop  Feb 6

@karan @sentense Now that the UK is fulfilling the dream of becoming Puerto Rico without the salsa, perhaps there's an opening for a business trip?

• @karan  Feb 6

@hornesgiftshop, I wonder more about how long they will still let us "useless" artists into the country ...

• @cicpisces Feb 6

Yup... Woolwich here.. still up and coming...regenerating.

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 6

Can I still come to the meetup if I'm not based in London?

• @julesbf Feb 6

If the planets align i would love to come to london to meet everyone. All depends when and where and having enough time to organise transport as it is quite a schlep from Preston.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 11

i have spoken to the King and Queen pub and put forward a possible date of the afternoon of the 28th March (saturday) I will ring to confirm in that in the morning anyway or offer any other dates we might have... the first saturday of the month afternoons are out.

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 12

Meh, can't make that date. I'm away to a songwriting retreat for the week 😞

• @tomslatter Feb 12

28th March good for me!

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 12

28th good for me @wobbiewobbit

• @johnnycashpoint Feb 12

28th is fine by me! j$

• @celineellis  Feb 12

I got excited about coming down to meet some of you awesome people, then saw your chosen date. 😩 Next time it will be

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

well i haven't confirmed it yet.... that does look fairly good for most people, otherwise we can look at 18th or 25th April??

• @dragondreams  Feb 12

I can do any of the dates you've mentioned. 😀

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

@sw1n3flu @tomslatter @celineellis @mariekevinkmusic @johnnycashpoint @julesbf @hornesgiftshop @helenseviltwin @pooka @andybalham @boxtape @oddbod @dragondreams @digitig hope i haven't missed anyone, and also anyone else not listed who would like to be involved - One big advantage of the 28th March is that the room is also free in the evening... the April dates we would need to be out (of the room not the pub!) by about 5-5.30. How does April 18th or 25th sound or shall we go with 28th March? Cast your votes for these 3 dates and i will get it booked before they get booked by someone else!

I am on a night shift in the 28th of March. I don't have my roster yet for April. So just pick the best date and if I can make it, I will be there.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

now i am also pondering that for the 28th March we could open it up and have a bit of an open gig in the evening, i would be up for hosting that and trying to get a few punters along and everyone could do something in it if they wanted??? dunno - it just occurred to me and i thought i would mention it. nothing concrete, just my wandering wonderings

• @dragondreams  Feb 12

I'd like to go with the chance of the gig later - given it would make best value out of the trek to London (typical Yorkshireman 😉 )

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

@dragondreams yeah the more i think about it the better it seems.... i think i am going to confirm the 28th March afternoon and evening with the FOP being focused on the afternoon and i will try and promote a bit of a gig myself with FAWM acts in the evening and get some PUNTERS!! also the 28th was looking good for most i think.

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 12

I'm ok with any of those dates.

• @karan  Feb 12

I'll be thinking of you sooooo much! It helps a little that I have to work that day, but oh, I wish SO much I could have come!

We'll miss you @karan

• @karan  Feb 12

:-*

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

Have booked the King and Queen pub for 28th March from 1 or 2 pm then for a gig till 10.30 ish pm. I will promote the gig in the evening as something I am hosting with FAWM acts and hopefully i will be able to get a decent audience (room is pretty full at around 30 or 40 punters) so feel free to tell you london friends about this gig, i will do a poster etc after FAWM so let me know any names/detail i might put on the poster... woo hoo !!

• @hornesgiftshop  Feb 12

Sorry I can't do it. My birthday present was the RAR gig in Brighton that night - Misty, Ruts DC, music for (at least superficially) non-bigoted old farts.

• @hornesgiftshop  Feb 12

Have a good one - maybe get to see some of you individually or together through the year.

I will try and move my night shift but I doubt it.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

ooh good luck with that @mariekevinkmusic -would be lovely to have you there 😀

• @tomslatter Feb 12

@wobbiewobbit thanks for booking! 28th works for me. Can make the afternoon and happy to play in the evening too, might be able to get in a punter or two

• @tomslatter Feb 12

@wobbiewobbit thanks for booking! 28th works for me. Can make the afternoon and happy to play in the evening too, might be able to get in a punter or two

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

@tomslatter cool 😀

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 12

Woop Woop

Also happy to play in the evening

• @andybalham Feb 12

Thanks for organising this @wobbiewobbit. I can definitely do the afternoon, but not sure about the evening at the moment. Lord knows what state I will be in by then anyway 😀

@karan & @sentense 😞 x10 Perhaps we could live stream it somehow

• @oddbod  Feb 12

@wobbiewobbit I was hoping to make it this year but unfortunately I'm off to NYC on 28th March so can't do that date I'm afraid. Real shame but have a good one though.

• @zeekle1998  Feb 12

@wobbiewobbit I’d definitely love to attend for some of the afternoon, sadly I have a gig in Maidstone in the evening so would miss this gig.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 12

@zeekle1998 hope to see you in the afternoon then 😀

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 13

@helenseviltwin Could we maybe alter the title of this thread to reflect that it is a FOP - for those not in London who still might make it to the party? or shall I just start a new thread for that?

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 13

Done!

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 13

@helenseviltwin thank you !!

• @chrishope Feb 13

IN x

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 13

@sapient will you be gracing us with your appearance this year?? pleaaaase!

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 13

Night shift swapped!!!!

• @johnnycashpoint Feb 13

@Helenseviltwin - more details of the 19 March gig, please. GJ I assume? I would deffo come to that ... J$

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 13

Yes, it's Goddammit Jeremiah, but fully acoustic (apart from a 3W battery powered bass amp). That's all I know at present.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 13

@mariekevinkmusic yay 😀 @chrishope yay 😀

• @sapient  Feb 13

Ooo... A London FOP.
    I'm likely in London for work on April 2nd and 3rd. Don't know if I'll be able to be there the weekend before though... But if I can, then I will!

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 13

@sapient ooh i hope so!

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 13

Otherwise beer when you’re here in April!? @sapient

• @boxtape Feb 13

@wobbiewobbit Awesome, thank you for sorting!

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 18

Aaaannndddd....
    Nope.
    Can't do the shift swap 😞

Oh well, next year.

• @sapient  Feb 19

Just booked - I'll be there! 😁

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 19

Yay!

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 19

@sapient amazeballs.

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 19

@mariekevinkmusic ah man 😞

• @pooka  Feb 23

28th March is good for me.

I can be there for the whole afternoon, and the evening gig, too! (I've got my own songs, but if anyone's forming a FAWM supergroup, I'll pitch in for that.)

• @andybalham Feb 25

Great news. You are welcome to grace my yellow foptar once more @sapient.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 26

woo hoo @sapient ! sorry you can't make it @mariekevinkmusic
    nice one @pooka and @andybalham
    @sw1n3flu no breaking my PA!

I will get onto getting the gig side of things organised once Feb is out.

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 26

Shall we start thinking about gear sharing?

I can bring a guitar or a bass or a variety of small instruments.

• @johnnycashpoint Feb 26

Don't forget the Boss distortion pedal, @helenseviltwin ! 😀

Yep! That too

• @dragondreams  Feb 26

I've looked at options to bring one of my basses but the bus company won't accept it (too large). I'll bring the iPad/iRig loaded with stacks of iRig amp models if anyone needs to get raucous though... 😉
    Will I be able to borrow a bass (if anyone needs my services) please?
    And just got the confirmation email for my coach booking! Yay!

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 26

i have a fretless bass, electro-acoustic guitar (def bringing that anyway), electric guitar, bass uke if these are any use. and yay @dragondreams

• @dragondreams  Feb 26

Thanks @wobbiewobbit!
    I can't get on with U-basses (I've tried) so would love to make use of your fretless please. 😊🎶🎶🎶

If you'd prefer fretted, I can bring one of those @dragondreams

• @mariekevinkmusic  Feb 26

Yaaaay! It is sorted! My lovely matron has come through for me.

How many guitars do I need to bring 😀

@mariekevinkmusic - Brill!

• @dragondreams  Feb 26

@helenseviltwin Fretted is better for slap, so yes please! xx

• @dragondreams  Feb 26

And chords... 😉

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 26

yay well done @mariekevinkmusic 😀

@dragondreams - I know you're mocking something I said once, but only because you've told me so. Honestly, memory is not my strong point

• @tomslatter Feb 26

I'll bring along my trusty electroacoustic guitar. It looks like we have guitars aplenty. Anything people think we need that hasn't been mentioned?

If anyone can bring cajon, that'd be good. Otherwise, I have a fold-up cardboard one which sounds better than one might expect.

• @dragondreams  Feb 26

@helenseviltwin - definitely NOT mocking. Just being infantile. My apologies. 😀 x

No apology necessary

• @pooka  Feb 29

I have the following available:

- Electric guitar
    - Electro-acoustic guitar but the electric port doesn't work, so just acoustic
    - Electric bass guitar

- Stylophone
    - Ocarina (full size)
    - Electric drum kit (it's very heavy but a possibility)

- Glockenspiel
    - Tambourine
    - Cowbell

- All sorts of auxiliary percussion - shakers, whistles, pitch pipes, vibraslap, and other assorted toys. I'll definitely bring some of those along if nothing else.

Any specific requests?

• @rshakesp  Feb 29

I’m up for participating

• @mlv  Feb 29

Life is a bit up in the air right now, but I'd like to try to come along if I can!

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 2

Hello Foppers... I am going to do some flyers/poster for social media... is there anything i should put on the posters. was thinking a generic "featuring performances by songwriters from the online songwriting challenge FAWM.org (February Album Writing Month)" and "your convivial hosts wobbie wobbit and Huw Thomas present an evening of original songs featuring....." kinda thing. what do you think? and as far as the evening goes i see the set up as huw and i hosting the acts and doing little bits in between if that is ok with everyone. and i will do my best to get some punters along and make a show out of things. the afternoon can serve as our usual FOP and if wanted a sort of rehearsal for anything people may want to do in the gig. hope this all sounds alright. let me know if not!

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 2

So the evening is open to The General Public? If so, could we raise money for a nice charity? By shaking a bucket or something? For example Music For All helps people all over the country to make their first steps in learning to play an instrument. And as it happens, the weekend of 28/29th march is their national Learn to Play day.

https://musicforall.org.uk/

I have no affiliation with this charity, I just thought it might be a nice idea? I am not offended if that is not what the idea is 😀

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 2

@mariekevinkmusic The pub is already set up that way... we do not have to pay for the room, the deal is it is free but a donation to Macmillan via a bucket. it would be open to general public yes, also for a donation to macmillan and in this case i think otherwise free admission. (last gig i did there we charged admission and a donation) so it would be a fundraiser for macmillan anyway.

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 2

Oh right. Cool. I just thought it would be nice to tie in to charity somehow. MacMillan is close to my heart (hoping to be a Mac nurse myself in a couple of years). Now you mention it, I do recall you said this before. Sorry!

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 2

@wobbiewobbit - sounds great. Thanks for all your hard work in organising this.

• @johnnycashpoint Mar 2

Yeah, thanks @wobbiewobbit . I am sure I will say this again and again on the day! (am happy to compere once more, a thankless task that I can do even when I'm a bit drunk, luckily!)

• @dragondreams  Mar 2

I'm really looking forward to this now! 👍😎

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 2

how's this for a poster/flyer/social media etc...

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 2

@johnnycashpoint thats great - thanks for mcing the fop part and i would like to host the evening gig part with Huw and make the Fawmers the "proper acts"

• @dragondreams  Mar 2

I love the poster! 😀

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 2

thanks @dragondreams - i tweaked it slightly from when you first looked

• @dragondreams  Mar 2

Yep, even clearer now. 😎

• @zecoop  Mar 2

It's being recorded (or streamed live) right? Hope so!! 😀

• @johnnycashpoint Mar 2

@wobbiewobbit Sure. I will probably be asleep in a corner by then anyway 😀

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 3

i have just ordered some A6 flyers, let me know if you want some for any "real life" friends!

• @keithcuts  Mar 3

Aw man I should come to this

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 3

@keithcuts jump on a plane!

• @keithcuts  Mar 3

I’m Considering it

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 3

@keithcuts COME!

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 3

seriously?! yay come!!

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 3

Wow yeah! Do it @ke

• @keithcuts  Mar 3

It looks right in the center of it all and I’m due to see some new sights

• @dragondreams  Mar 3

@keithcuts - It looks like you have little choice! Get on that plane! 😁

• @keithcuts  Mar 3

Ugh my airport is deteriorating by the hour

Lets see how this develops as we get closer

• @zecoop  Mar 3

Well at they are following rule number one... always wear high heels when wearing a biohazard suit. 🤣😂

So @zecoop, @guatecoop and @srcoop, booked your tickets yet?

@srcoops of course.

• @guatecoop  Mar 3

@mariekevinkmusic : Oh man, I LOVE London and would be so thrilled to see all of you! If I’m there anytime soon I would love to hang out. I’d need to borrow a guitar, bass, drums, or something!!! I watched the whole video last year. Please video the event again!!

@guatecoop If there is a Coops family trip to the UK,we will throw you a special gig 😀 You'll obviously have to bring the kids, seeing as they are musicians too 😉

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 3

@guatecoop - I have all those things. I can defo bring the instruments, if you can bring yourselves.

• @zecoop  Mar 4

@mariekevinkmusic - Would obviously love to... I also watched the whole thing last year. Sometime in the not too distant future, I'm planning it. So many people to visit!

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 4

@zecoop - Cambridge is lovely

• @zecoop  Mar 4

@helenseviltwin - So many places on my list and that's certainly one! I'm under two years to retirement and then it's allthetravel. I've never been, although both our kids have. 😀

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 4

Well, there's a bed for you here any time.

• @sapient  Mar 4

Just heard that the conference I was due to attend the week following has been cancelled and so my company will be cancelling my travel. I wouldn't be surprised (depending on how things go here an in the UK in the next 3 weeks) if we also have a travel ban enforced at work. 😣😣😣

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 4

Booooo!

• @zecoop  Mar 4

@sapient - Travel ban for my company already... Not that I travel much at all but I think it'll be a thing for a lot of companies. 😞

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 4

IT IS JUST FLU!! Just more deadly.
    Anyway, I don't care about Corina but now it is messing with FAWM, I am well miffed.

• @johnnycashpoint Mar 4

@sapient I don't think they can prevent employee's travel outside of work hours. Maybe it's a Dutch thing.

• @sapient  Mar 4

@johnnycashpoint True. But it was going to be a free trip for me... 😒

• @johnnycashpoint Mar 4

Well @Sapient let's hope them crazee dutchies see sense and let you come *fingers crossed* otherwise I'll feel obliged to update the lyric to this - https://fawm.org/songs/107490/ - to reflect your absence 😀 Spare the poor audience 😀

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 8

@wobbiewobbit so how do you see the “gig” section of the night working? I’ve stupidly got evening plans on the 28th... but tempted to cancel them 😉

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 8

well i will do my best to get an audience along, though i am concerned of how the whole coronavirus thing will affect people going out etc - then me and my friend huw (who is lovely and a very experienced compere) will host it and do bits and songs between the acts who are the fawmers. there is also obvs loads of scope for collaborative performances so basically like the FOP but with punters in addition to our own private party in the afternoon, and hopefully we can use the FOP as a kind of rehearsal for any collabs that we want to do in the evening. Whatever you all want to do, it will be pretty laid back and warm and friendly vibe with me and huw as your "convivial hosts" and you as the acts. That's how i imagine it anyway. open to suggestions.

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 8

Sounds like a cool idea! Guess we all need to do some practicing heh. I’m gonna keep the discussions going as though cv isn’t going to interfere. Do we know who’s playing in the evening? Everyone who’s currently coming along rolling into the evening show?

• @djohnson Mar 10

I'm gonna try and come too! Sounds great 😀

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 11

Ok, this is a bit random but please forgive me. You see, I am hoping there are a few London-based people on this thread.

I have tickets to see a recording of quiz show QI (with Sandi Toksvig and Alan Davies) tomorrow evening (Thursday) in London at 18:45. But 2 people have dropped out.
    Does anyone here want to meet up and join me? If I don't fill my number of allocated tickets, I will be less likely to get tickets for future recordings apparently...

Just send me an email if you want to come along.

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 11

@mariekevinkmusic - probably worth cross-posting to the facebook group, as there's likely to be more folks still checking there.

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 11

@mariekevinkmusic ah man, that’s a shame I’d have been up for that. I’m going to see Nada Surf tomorrow evening so can’t!

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 11

ah thanks @mariekevinkmusic i am also doing something tomorrow evening. good luck getting takers

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 13

@wobbiewobbit @johnnycashpoint I guess we are in “play by ear” mode for the 28th?

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 13

i guess so... i havent heard anything from the pub about cancelling or anything, i have a few people saying they will try to make the gig if it happens, i suppose nobody really knows what is happening with anything! everyone i talk to say plan like it is going to happen and wait and see..

• @johnnycashpoint Mar 13

I'll be there on the 19th so can ask / get a sense then if that would help .. I agree with @wobbiewobbit to plan like it is going to happen. This is no excuse not to learn your words for instance 😀

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 13

@johnnycashpoint that's great - cheers

• @andybalham Mar 13

@johnnycashpoint this is the perfect excuse not to learn my words. Actually, for me, not to learn *your* words 😀

• @johnnycashpoint Mar 13

@andybalham no need to learn my words, just chords - maybe learn how to play along to an F/A chord on the bass .. 😉

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 14

The organiser of the gig on 19th has emailed to say they're still going ahead. Unfortunately, Jacqui's not going to make it due to an unexpected emergency, so it's going to be me doing a solo set.

• @hornesgiftshop  Mar 15

Waiting to hear if the Misty/Ruts RAR gig in Brighton is still on. (Nothing vulnerable about two bands of 70 year olds who have been smoking vast amounts if dope all their lives.) If not, I'll be there.

• @andybalham Mar 15

With a very heavy heart, I have to say that I won't be making it this year. My wife has a pre-existing condition that makes the coronavirus a serious threat to her health. Given this, our family have decided to protect her by only travelling when necessary for the foreseeable future. Very sadly, this means no FOP this year for me 😞 For those who do get to rock, I do indeed salute you. Trip that PA like it's 2019!

• @mariekevinkmusic  Mar 15

I am not going either. As a nurse in a hospice in a town with several confirmed cases, I am not prepared to risk my patients' health by going on the train and the tube. Maybe we can do it after 50/90?

• @johnnycashpoint Mar 15

I'll be there, if it doesn't get cancelled.

• @cicpisces Mar 16

Latest news avoid pubs club's and restaurants. Oh boy.

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 17

yeah looking like we need to postpone this, i have a post in the facebook group too and most people are with that decision and it seems like the socially responsible thing to do. Plus if it did go ahead there wouldn't be anyone there!

• @ceilidh  Mar 18

Eric Distad has set up streaming concerts online for the filk community in the USA:
    http://filkstreams.org/
    Might try that for UK FAWMers.

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 19

even though this is pretty obvious, just to let you know i have officially cancelled with the pub. As everyone else has and they are pretty much just waiting to officially be shut down anyway. Hopefully we will be able to have a get together when all this is done with later in the year. stay well everyone x

• @musicsongwriter  Mar 19

Strange time. Everything feels surreal. I keep thinking maybe it's in my dream but I know it isn't. I also know I would have never seen anything like this in a dream. Take care everyone. Sad that people can't meet any longer but hopefully this virus will go away.
    hyoping Well, hoping helps...hopefully...

• @pooka  Mar 20

That's a shame, but probably the right thing to do. I'll get more time to practice my songs, at least.

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 21

Well add it to the rain check list! There are some online options we can pursue if we get cabin fever 🥵

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 21

i have invested in the pro version of Zoom so that i can host (for more than 40 mins limit on free version) and live stream into facebook youtube etc. i am still just finding my way around the hosting and streaming side of things but it is very easy for anyone to join in with a webcam/mic or just an invisible audience - chat on fb/youtube live comments etc... i will be up for hosting a meeting on the 28th, as with the real life version we can have a closed and open sessions if we would like to. let me know your thoughts 😀

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 21

will start a new thread to reflect the now global accessibility and post in the facebook group too

• @guatecoop  Mar 22

Oh I will be there!! Let me know about time and format. This is completely exciting and unexpected (from what I expected about 3 weeks ago.

• @jonmeta  Mar 24

I'll respond so it's easier to find this thread again and join the next one. Before all this happened I was looking at flights cause it's usually cheap and easy on the flying Irish bus. But now everything's shut down and anyway my kids have left London and are sheltering down in the shires. So keep me abreast of Zoom plans and I'll try to be there with a tune.

• @sph  Mar 24

Wonderful, I'd like to be part of it.

• @karlsburg25  Mar 25

keep updating. I would love to get involved. BRING IT ON!!

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 26

Debuted a FAWM 2020 song last night at the online open mic (normally in the pub, but we won't be stopped!).

Stuck in reverse 😀

Plus I also did my version of "make it up", the 2014 explore the core song by @nancyrost wille and hoops.

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 26

@wobbiewobbit we used ZOOM last night - seemed to work pretty well - we had a host running things, muting all non-performers then unmuting for applause etc. was a load of fun too! Collaborations less successful - lot of competition between mics/compression etc. It was our first one so I'm sure some tweaks can be made to improve things!?

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 26

yeah for conventional collaborations or singalongs it won't work, more timing than anything, but having said that, i have a few songs where the timing doesn't matter so much which work pretty well on ZOOM etc. - but then I'm a scruffy bugger 😉

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 26

Same same. It’s worth having a go, I am game.

We can easily make it an international FOP that way too!

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 27

@sw1n3flu (and all) here is the thread for the international Zoom FOP
    https://fawm.org/forums/topic/10625/

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...