Say cheese! (Wisconsin)

Skip to the bottom

• @owl  5 weeks

Hello Wisconsin folks! Checking in from Madison. I hope you're all ready to write and/or listen. Looking forward to February, although I already have 2 trips out of town on the calendar that I hope won't interfere too much.

• @unkept 5 weeks

I'm there in spirit! I was living in Madison this time last year, and now I'm living in Northwest Germany. 😀 My wife's family is from Wisconsin as well. Can't wait to hear something of yours this FAWM!

• @dasbinky  5 weeks

Madison represent!

I'm in the process of completely redoing the Das Binky Man Cave / Recording Studio, in part to facilitate easier in-person collabs, so hit me up if you want to wander to the far west side for some jamming and such.

• @pipewrench67  5 weeks

Checking in from Stallis, hope to hope basement studio somewhat completed for FEB.

• @darcistrutt  5 weeks

Hudson - though have a near Madison connection with my son and family living in Stoughton! Looking forward to 2020 FAWM!

• @theresaj  4 weeks

Here again in Oregon, WI! Not sure what FAWM 2020 will bring but hopefully creativity will abound.

• @theresaj  4 weeks

@unkept, Germany is lovely! And it’s full of beer and cheese. Much like WI. Enjoy your time there.

• @iwilleatyou  4 weeks

Go Packers!!!......sorry for the hi-jack.

• @nancyrost  4 weeks

Another Madisonian here -- excited to be back!

• @atam94 4 weeks

Woohoo! La Crosse, WI here... well, technically Holmen, but more people are familiar with La Crosse.

• @toms 4 weeks

@atam94 Hey, I have a brother in LaCrosse. Well, Onalaska, actually. 😀

• @acousticmaddie  4 weeks

Sweden here.

• @kevinmason  4 weeks

Madison here. Enjoy the snow and stay safe everybody!

• @stephenwordsmith 4 weeks

Team WORT makes the dream WORT!

• @silvermediapro  4 weeks

sheboogie down to sheboygan for a bratwurst jamboreeee

• @johncrossman  4 weeks

@pipewrench67 I'd never heard Stallis before despite 25 years in the state. Huh. Learn somethin' new everyday. 😀

Adding to the mass from Madison....

• @pipewrench67  4 weeks

@johncrossman a local colloquialism 43.0041251,-88.0925532,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x880505508c6e0b2b:0x7c2d33e1dce1d256!8m2!3d43.0166806!4d-88.0070315">https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wes...

• @snort  4 weeks

Snort here from Madison, WI. Busy dusting off the 6 strings, searching for cords that don't crackle, and stocking up on caffeine and other provisions. A big shout out to Das Binky for assisting me (once again) for with software issues (32 bit, 64 bit, 73.54 bit, whatever it takes..). Not only is he an amazing FAWMER, he is also a genius with everything that involves wires, mice, speakers, and cables. Thanks for keeping Snort Studios up and running..

• @cynthiawolff  4 weeks

Sheboygan native living in California for centuries but you can never ever shake being from Wisconsin..

• @bitshred 4 weeks

I'm here in Madison. Northside.

• @mattpierce  3 weeks

I'm lost and weird, but I'm here!
    29 days does February have this year! 😀

• @onewholovesrock 2 weeks

Madison- ish. 🤘 Lets rock! Live acoustic for me.

• @erbaer  2 weeks

High fives all around! I’m in the Appleton area. Leap Year Fawm!

• @carleybaer  2 weeks

@erbaer hi Dad!!

• @plumptunes 2 weeks

Waukesha here, I did live in Madison for 5 years for college so I have a bit of Madison in my blood. That was when I first started writing music, now that I think of it.

• @nancyrost  2 weeks

Does anyone want to organize a Madison FAWM's Over Party?

• @amyjaymes 2 weeks

Madison here too! @kevinmason good to see you 😀 @nancyrost love the party idea!

• @wylddandelyon 2 weeks

I was hoping to find someone else in Milwaukee!

• @kevinmason  2 weeks

@nancyrost and @amyjaymes I’m not a great organizer but I’d love an after party and could help with some coordination!

• @kevinmason  2 weeks

Oh, and to all the Madison folks, I host the open mic at Bos Meadery on Sunday the 9th at 2pm. If you feel like trying out some early FAWM songs in a live setting you should come out, it’s always a good time!

• @pipewrench67  2 weeks

@wylddandelyon I'm in stallis, I don't think there is anyone else in metro Milwaukee (that I'm aware of at least).

• @kahlo2013  2 weeks

Here, here! Glad to see all the Wisconsin folks! Hit me up if you want to co-write or collaborate in person!

• @wordsandstuff9 2 weeks

Hi everyone, I'm back for 2020. I have some surgery scheduled this month, so hopefully almost 2 weeks to focus on healing -- and writing some new tunes (not sure when I'll be able to sing effectively, though)! Madison folks, we should "take over" the Bos Meadery open mic on the first Sunday in March for a FAWM gathering!

• @melissamccarthy20  2 weeks

Madison is represented!! I’m in central Wisconsin and this my first year participating!

• @kevinmason  2 weeks

@wordsandstuff9 great idea about Bos Meadery. That’s my musical home base in town. Come next week and I’m hosting! I’ll probably try to play some new FAWM material. 🙂

• @kevinmason  2 weeks

@melissamccarthy20 welcome!

• @kevinmason  2 weeks

@melissamccarthy20 welcome!

• @wiscogirl 2 weeks

I’m in Madison also, thinking about doing FAWM but not sure yet.

• @owl  1 week

Hi Madison-area folks! I ordered 15 of these cool stickers from @stevenwesleyguiles as seen in this thread:
    https://fawm.org/forums/topic/9973/#c...

I plan to keep one or two, but if you want one, let me know! I can give them out at the Madison FOP or something. I Venmo'd him $1 per in addition to postage costs to cover his printing costs--I'll be happy to give them out for free, but will also happily take a donation in kind if you feel like covering the cost.

• @lazyafro 1 week

I'm from IL but I'll be in Madison almost every Wednesday night until the end of April... does that count?

• @kevinmason  1 week

@owl i would love one, thanks for doing that. Nice thinking!

• @artpaul 1 week

I'm always here and if you ever want to ask questions about Madison my facebook is https://www.facebook.com/artpaul not on facebook E-mail me at artpaulwritessongs@gmail.com I check fawm now and then but I am rather busy .

But I am currently working on and finishing a CD called I Wrote The Lyrics in which I am writing the lyrics and letting people who want to be on the CD record and sing my lyrics and if they give me their contact info I will send them a copy of the CD and you can check out some at https://fawm.org/fawmers/artpaul

• @kahlo2013  1 week

Margo suggested we “take over’” one of the Sunday open mics at Bos Meadery for a FOP. @kevinmason is that possible? It might be fun as that is such a great space and we have a lot more Madison and WI area FAWMers. What do you think @nancyrost ?

• @nancyrost  1 week

@kahlo2013 I'm tentatively planning to go tomorrow, and I think the Johns may be as well.

Edit: I think that could work for a FOP as well.

• @kevinmason  1 week

@kahlo2013 and @nancyrost we would be most welcome to all show up and play the open mic for a FOP, but I don’t think we could necessarily “reserve” the usual open mic time for FAWM folks. It’s such a long standing, open event, I’d feel uncomfortable closing off the stage to others. If we did want some time for just FAWMers to play songs, I’m happy to talk to the owner and see if she has some time in early March to have us!

I think it’d work fine and be great either way. And if any of you show up today, I’ll see you there!

• @amyjaymes 1 week

@kevinmason I agree, and I bet you're right that we could probably set up a special event of our own there without too much hassle. 😉

• @kevinmason  6 days

@amyjaymes @kahlo2013 @nancyrost @bitshred @snort @dasbinky

Hey Madison FAWMers, I talked to the folks at Bos Meadery. And they said it’d be no problem at all to come use their space and stage on a Sunday prior to the usual open mic if we want to have an FOP in March. The place opens at noon, so there are two hours we could hang out, share some tunes if we wanted to. I guess there usually aren’t more than 2 or 3 customers during that time, so there would be plenty of room for us. Then anyone could stick around for the normal Sunday open mic if they wanted to!

I think it’d be fun!

• @amyjaymes 6 days

@kevinmason sounds good to me!

• @dasbinky  6 days

I'm open to whatever, thanks for checking with the Meadery!

I have a minor preference for chilling at people's houses, but I also know people have been asking to hold FOPs at more central locations for ages. I'm cool with whatever if someone else is planning it. 😉

• @dasbinky  6 days

Side note for Madison folk in March, @nancyrost, @johncrossman and I have our now-traditional post FAWM gig:

Friday, March 13, 2020
    Wild Hog in the Woods
    Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center
    953 Jenifer St, Madison, WI 53703
    7:30 – 9:30 pm

We'd love to have ya.

• @kahlo2013  6 days

Kevin - a Sunday before Bos Open mic sounds great! Should we do a pole on the FB page re: dates? I can do that!

• @kahlo2013  6 days

And @dasbinky @nancyrost @johncrossman so glad you will be playing on the 13th at Wild Hog!!!

• @kahlo2013  6 days

FOP will be on a Sunday after FAWM from 12-2 PM at Bos Meadery on East Washington Ave in MADISON.
    Please go to Madison Area FAWMers Facebook page and let us know in the poll all the possible Sundays that would work for you! If you do not do FB, let us know if there are any Sundays in March or early April that would absolutely NOT work for you. Please go to FB poll if possible! Thanks!

• @kahlo2013  4 hours

@nancyrost @kevinmason it looks like the most participants could do either March 8 or April 5. Do you have a preference? I hope more will come once we announce a date! Liz

• @nancyrost  4 hours

Slight preference for April 5, but either date is fine with me.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...