OREGON

Skip to the bottom

• @jacobeverettwallace  Jan 13

Yo, Oregonians. I'm Jacob from Texas who now lives in Central OR. I'm currently dealing with snow and other foreign things. Any of y'all around here?

• @ericdistad  Jan 13

Hey @jacobeverettwallace - We just moved to Oregon City (Portland area) This will be my first FAWM in the PNW.

• @jacobeverettwallace  Jan 13

@ericdistad nice! It'll be my first PNW FAWM as well. I'm in the Bend/Sisters area.

• @rayboneor  Jan 16

Hey--I've been FAWMing from the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland for the last 8 or 9 years. Oregon City is a lovely bike ride down the Willamette from here

• @joshbelville  Jan 17

@ericdistad really! That's awesome. What made you decide to move?

I'm repping Portland once again and kind of Gresham. (I'm right on the Portland city limits.)

@jacobeverettwallace Bend is a lovely city! Hope you enjoy it!

• @ericdistad  Jan 17

@joshbelville The move was due to a combination of things, but primarily health factors.

Oregonians - What do y'all think about a Pre or Post.. or even during... FAWM meetup?

• @jacobeverettwallace  Jan 18

I'm not used to having mountains anywhere near my vicinity. Seriously, when the weather is clear it kinda still freaks me out when I look through my window while driving and see the Three Sisters and such. Haha.

I'd be down for a post FOP (Fawm Over Party)! We used to do them in Austin for all the Texans. Tons of fun. We'd book a coffee shop and all take turns sharing songs we wrote and usually eat and a have a good time. I was actually planning on driving up to PDX in early March anyway.

• @rayboneor  Jan 19

Hey y'all--I'm going to add to this thread just to push it back to the top of the forums. I'm always up for meeting folks in real life. I get pretty fired up for FAWM but don't really play music when I'm not bootstrapping my way through these songwriting challenge months. Portland is crawling with musicians. I sometimes wonder why more of them don't find their way here

• @carleybaer  Jan 19

After five long years away (3 back in my native WI, 2 in Boston, MA), I am so super frickin stoked to be back in Portland. @jacobeverettwallace welcome to the PNW!! If you’re a coffee guy, I hope you check out Back Porch and get an ocean roll if they have them, I’m sometimes tempted to make the 3-hour drive just for that. @ericdistad welcome to you too!! Oregon City is beautiful, are you liking it so far? @rayboneor and @joshbelville, good to see you guys again! I’d love to meet everyone at a FOP, keep me posted 😀

• @jongold Jan 27

Just moved up to Portland from Nevada City / SF!

Would love to hang and write with local people, hit up some songwriter showcases, maybe even put on a show after FAWM is over 😀

• @rayboneor  Jan 28

Welcome to Portland! The next Songwriter Soirée is right around the corner. (It's a pretty cool event, though I haven't been to one in years.)

https://www.facebook.com/events/31373...

• @ceilidh  Jan 28

If you want to try out your first FAWMsong, the monthly song circle (1st Saturdays) will be 2/1/2020 from 2pm to 9pm at the Knights of Pythias Building, 5400 SE 84th Ct, Portland OR 97266 behind the Big 5 Sporting Goods store at SE 82nd & Foster with $5 donation. Potluck food & snacks. Has a ramp but is NOT handicapped accessible. Items packed in MUST be packed out.
    Arrive before 6pm or take a chance that attendees shut it down early...

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 4

PDX peeps, is there a coffee shop or small venue we could book for early/mid March for the FOP? Unless y’all wanna come out to Sisters. 😆

• @krrisstin  Feb 15

another portland person saying hi here. 😀 this is my second FAWM.

• @rayboneor  Feb 16

I don't think I'm doxing him, but @kvnwoodruff is SE Portland guy. I used to feel like the only Portland FAWMer here. It's nice to know there's fawming going on somewhere in the general vicinity 😀

• @kvnwoodruff  Feb 16

Thanks for the introduction @rayboneor! I'm an Oregon native and have been FAWMing on and off for the last 10 years or so (have participated in 5). Always down for meeting people IRL - whenever it fits around work and family life!

• @ceilidh  Feb 29

The first Saturday monthly song circle will be March 7th at 2pm to 6pm at the Knights of Pythias Lodge, 5400 SE 84th, Portland OR 97266 behind the Big 5 Sporting Goods store at SE 82nd & Foster with $5 donation. Bring your own food and drinks (be prepared to pack out anything you bring). We could go as late as 9pm if there is a demand. The song circle is sponsored by Friends of Filk (sf/fantasy music) but is not limited as far as subject matter. For details go to:
    https://friendsoffilk.org

• @rayboneor  Mar 9

Thanks, @ceildh! I was out of town this weekend. One of these days I might go to one of these things and put my ass on the line. I've never sung in public before

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...