Obligatory Ohio corn reference!

Skip to the bottom

• @tawny249  Jan 13

Hey everyone! In the spirit of tradition, here is the Ohio thread! Ohio has multitudes of corn, corn, soybeans, corn, amusement parks, museums, corn, football fanatics, and corn. Where are you from? Smack dab in the middle here.

• @guatecoop  Jan 13

Hey there! I’m in Lorain, pretty close to the lake. I’ve spent a lot of time in your area! We’ve never done a post fawm get together as far as I know. Maybe this year will be the one.

• @wfrayer Jan 13

Hello, fellow Lorain citizen here. New to this forum.

• @guatecoop  Jan 13

@wfrayer that is awesome! Wow, someone near me! Never had that before. Welcome!!

• @wfrayer Jan 14

Thanks, been hanging around for 70 plus years composing music. This is the first I have heard of FAWM. Can't wait to hear what people are producing here.

• @tawny249  Jan 14

Hi you guys! Would love to meet up post FAWM, I just need some advance notice. Don't have always -ready transportation, lol. Also, welcome new person!

• @guatecoop  Jan 18

Anyone else?

• @cleanshoes Jan 21

Hello, I am here-ish! Originally from the northeast, where there are lots of hills and trees and almost no corn. Now living just NW of Columbus, where it is the opposite. Not sure how active I'll be this year, but you might see me around 😀

• @sjbatavia  Feb 1

Hey folks, I live in the Greater Cincinnati area. This is my 5th FAWM.

• @bodhisvaha  Feb 5

Hey y'all. I'm in Cincinnati (about 7 minutes from Newport). This is my 9th FAWM.

• @lute4life Feb 15

Columbus checking in, doing better than last year even if I did get a late start. This is my third FAWM. I'm up for a get together IRL

• @zecoop  Feb 15

Nice to see an active Ohio contingent!! I was born in Cinci, so hey to @sjbatavia and @bodhisvaha... My sister and a 2nd cousin live in Columbus (and a lot of the fam originates there). My brother @guatecoop and our parents live near Cleveland. So, I'm as much Ohio as I am Michigan, although I grew up most of my life here. 😀

• @tawny249  Feb 23

Hey @lute4life! Sounds like one of us needs to arrange a post-FAWM thing for you, me, @cleanshoes, and whoever else is central. 😁 I have never done RL FAWM gatherings before!

• @chipwithrow  Feb 23

Lived 35 years in Ohio, all over the state - Kent, Brunswick (near Cleveland), West Chester (then rural, now a Cincinnati exurb), Columbus (college at Ohio State), Canton, Cincinnati (U of Cincinnati grad school), Hamilton, Springdale (Cincinnati suburb), then ...
    Fort Myers, Florida, where I've been for almost 16 years.
    Mentioned Ohio in a song recently - roots and memories run deep.
    Parents, brother, sister and their families still live there - I make it back 2-3 times a year.

• @tawny249  Feb 27

Ok, last call...who would actually like to arrange a real-life hangout in March? I can't host because tiny apartment, but would totally be willing to help in other ways, such as poking people. 😁 Or if there's a public place it might happen? Not sure how this is usually done. Help appreciated!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...