SF Bay Area get together for FAWM 2020

Skip to the bottom

• @elesimo  7 weeks

Last year I rented a house in Sebastopol for the first weekend of FAWM, and got ~10 musicians together to make music, play together, cook and have fun. At the end of the weekend we had 7 songs and many new friendships!

Checkout this video for the first song we made: https://fawm.org/songs/90125/

This year we're planning to do it again! If you're from the SF Bay Area (or if you want to attend from anywhere) send me a FB friend request (facebook.com/beto) and I'll add you the event.

• @standup  7 weeks

Looks like fun!

• @phylo  7 weeks

It was an amazing collaboration and the highlight of my year! If you guys don't mind having a geezer again, I'm in!

• @elesimo  7 weeks

@phylo it will not be the same without you!

• @paulhenry  7 weeks

I'd like to join, BUT. . . I'm not on FB! How can we connect? (I am on Instagram: paulhenrysch.)

• @elesimo  7 weeks

@paulhenry we use a FB event to plan, choose a place and date, but you're welcome to join even if you don't have FB. Let's connect on email and I'll keep you updated of our plans.

We're aiming for the first weekend of Feb, ~1 hour drive from the Bay Area, around $100-150 per person for 3 nights (assuming 10 people).

• @paulhenry  7 weeks

I'll lurk here for updates. If you end up booking the very first weekend I won't be able to attend on the 1st, as I have family commitments. My FAWM always starts on the 2nd.

• @gubna 7 weeks

While I don’t have a car, I live in SF and have the space to hold a collab session on a Saturday if anyone is interested.

• @elesimo  6 weeks

@gubna that sounds fun, let's do that too!

Are you interested in joining us for the weekend? We can try to carpool.

• @paulhenry  6 weeks

Let me know what the exact dates are and where, so I can figure out if I can participate.

• @gubna 6 weeks

I could only do things in SF. I have a diabetic cat that I cannot leave unattended for more than 12 hours.

• @littlespiral 5 weeks

i went last year and it was so, so fun. can't wait to join again this year!

and @gubna, yes! i'd love to come by one of these saturdays in february for a collab jam...

• @elesimo  5 weeks

Bumping this! I booked a house in Nicasio from Jan 31st to Feb 2nd. Let me know if you'd like to join!

• @elesimo  4 weeks

All packed up, ready for the weekend!

• @paulhenry  4 weeks

Dang. On top of family commitments on the 1st, I seem to have gotten sick. I won't even be able to drop by. So near, and yet so far. Well, I truly wish you all a great FAWM kickoff. (And, no, that was NOT a Superbowl reference.)

• @spirulence 2 weeks

Ach! I would have been too busy with work to attend - but I hope this was an awesome time. Any musical output to highlight?

• @elesimo  2 weeks

@spirulence, we recorded https://fawm.org/songs/100229/ on the first night. Someone found a poem about the house we were staying in one of the rooms, and we decided to add a chorus and make a song.

On the Saturday we recorded https://fawm.org/songs/101296/, we wanted to track each instrument individually but we didn't have the time unfortunately. The song is a video that captures well the group.

On Sunday, an hour before checking out I decided to write a palindrome song on my ukulele. I wrote the lyrics for https://fawm.org/songs/100755/, and recorded it with @littlespiral playing a Hammond Organ that was in the house. That song also has a video (link in the liner notes) that shows how beautiful the place was.

Other than that, I know @phylo wrote a bunch of individual songs, @gabrielmarcondes wrote one, @littlespiral did a couple, @natenol also wrote one, and I saw @kadiekelly working on one.

• @gubna 2 weeks

Hope y’all been having fun. I’ve been ill.

• @paulhenry  2 weeks

Sounds wonderful. Wish I could have been there. Had a wonderful wedding anniversary while being slightly sick with what turned out to be a cold and NOT the flue, thank God.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...