HTTP Error When Changing Picture

Skip to the bottom

• @gslade Jan 6

I'm getting an HTTP error when trying to change profile picture. I've tried two browsers and two devices. I confirmed the file size is small enough and it's just a jpg.

• @gslade Jan 9

So am I alone in having this issue?

• @postcardhelicopters  Jan 9

@gslade --

Maybe so.

I've used the same profile picture since we had to log in using rocks and papyrus reeds.

Your profile picture is currently one with big glasses and text. Is that the old one or the one you wanted to change *to*?

• @gslade Jan 10

@postcardhelicopters Yeah, I see that one. It's the old one. Trying to change it.

• @gslade Jan 13

Was hoping this would work after the reset. Still failing on any browser I try it on.

• @gslade Jan 13

Finally got it working. I'd say thanks for the help but since there wasn't any.....

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 13

Lol @gslade nice profile photo, was worth the wait 😉

• @gslade Jan 13

@sw1n3flu .. lol... Now I feel like I should change it daily just because...

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 13

Heheheh why not eh

• @jendistad  Jan 13

@gslade, I'm glad you got it figured out. In case someone else has the same problem, how did you fix it?

Thanks! (=

• @gslade Jan 14

Hey @jendistad !

I think the image file was corrupted. I opened it in photoshop and saved as a new file and it worked. Weird stuff.

• @marvsmooth  Jan 15

Hmm, I can't change mine either!

I've tried opening it in MS Paint, then saved under a different name, but it still won't let me post up my 270k imagez

• @jendistad  Jan 15

@ericdistad, do you have any ideas on this?

• @tabitha Jan 15

I was having a problem with mine when I tried to change it. Mine didn't come up with an HTTP error but it just didn't change the profile picture. I tried quite a few times and then decided to log in on my phone and try changing it from there. When I logged in it had already been changed on my phone. For some reason, my computer just isn't loading it even though it has been changed.

• @jendistad  Jan 15

@marvsmooth, I see a black and white drawing. Is that the old picture or new?

• @marvsmooth  Jan 15

@jendistad - thank you Jen, it's changed, but not shown that way for me.

I'll log out, and then back in!

• @marvsmooth  Jan 15

I had to delete all online history, and then reboot Chrome, and then log back in.

• @ericdistad  Jan 15

If you change your profile image and the change doesn't show up immediately, the most likely fix is to clear your browser cache. If that doesn't fix it, please let us know and we can look into it.

• @tabitha Jan 16

@ericdistad Thanks for the help, that worked for me.

• @saxylizbeth  Jan 16

Thanks also @ericdistad - I was having the same issue.

• @smudge  Jan 16

I am also having the same issue and I tried logging in and out. Thanks!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 18

So, my old picture, mouth open black and white drum stick in air, ready to rock you SO HARD...I can't change it.

I want to use a picture that's in my bio. But no matter what I do it doesn't seem to work.

It's less than 500k.
    It's a jpeg.

It's reasonably inoffensive. (Though some find my face offensive).

Also, does it have to be a square to work?

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 18

Ha. After clearing my browser cache all is well. 😀
    Thanks @ericdistad!

• @cts  Jan 23

Well...I can't say that I've been that successful. I've cleared the cache on my desktop and yet I've not been successful at changing the cover art on my page. Maybe I'm a total noob and I'm missing something, but a little help would be appreciated as I'd like to premiere @scottlake art.

• @coolparadiso  Jan 23

Yup i cleared mine today and it worked.

• @cts  Jan 29

I did that and I'm still not successful. Little help, please?

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...