Embedding images

Skip to the bottom

• @scottlake 2 weeks

Anyone know if there is a way to embed an image in a forum post?

• @postcardhelicopters  2 weeks

Testing... testing... 1, 2, 3... testing...

• @postcardhelicopters  2 weeks

@scottlake - I just posted the URL into the comment box and it worked. I'm doing this from the PC and not a phone/tablet/mobile deelie-bob, if that's useful to know.

• @ampersandman  2 weeks

• @scottlake 2 weeks

Stupid me. Now I can’t remember what image I was going to post!

• @cts  1 week

I'd thought I'd give it a try...

• @valeriecox  1 week

• @tsunamidaily  3 days

so, i posted my image on google photos. how do i find the url?

• @ampersandman  3 days

@tsunamidaily : Right click on the image, then choose "copy image address" (or however it's called in your browser).

• @fuzzy  3 days

Gotta remember how to do this....

Ah, there we go.

• @haim 3 days

testing it!

• @haim 3 days

• @tsunamidaily  3 days

ok. it's just not working for me....
    i posted it to google photos, and got two different lengths of links (say that a few times quickly). it posted the long one on the inspirational quotes thread, and now i can't edit that post. here, it simply truncates it, automatically.
    sigh. i knew there was a reason i never did this....

• @tsunamidaily  2 days

i guess i will not ever get to do this. i followed the steps but it just doesn't work

• @scottlake 2 days

one of the downsides of google photos is that it will not give you a direct link to the photo. Last year I figured out a way to side-door imgur to give a direct link via iOS. Switching over to my phone to see if I can make it happen again.

• @scottlake 2 days

• @scottlake 2 days

So, to get the image above to link, I had placed it in my account on the imgur app in my phone, then opened imgur and shared it by opening in safari, then copying that URL and pasting it into the forum box. Seems to work. About the image - this is a little solid spruce top 3/4 scale guitar I bought this past year for $10. The previous owner had painted on it, and put vans shoes and other stickers on it, and it got tan lines from her painting and stickers. See the hand print that is lighter than the rest?

• @tsunamidaily  2 days

@scottlake thank you for letting me know about the google photos issue. i have no other photo hosting site, so i guess i'd have to find another. i have google chrome as my browser, so i even inspected the photo after i uploaded it to the google service, looking for the photo src url address.
    and i always try to post from my computer-- i hate even browsing on my phone unless it is looking up a recipe at work or some other such necessity. my data plan doesn't allow for profligate file sending.
    thank you very much for the info!

• @scottlake 1 day

@tsunamidaily I went through this last year and was disappointed that google photos has no way to provide a direct image link. It’s when I heard you could do it with imgur. But even with imgur it’s a roundabout process.

• @downburst  1 day

@tsunamidaily Dropbox? Or just Google Drive (not Photos). Testing...

Well, that didn't work. Hmm.

• @downburst  1 day

Look at the URL on this (literal) puppy.

• @downburst  1 day

Sorry to be opaque. I uploaded that image to my FAWM hosting and linked to it there. So that's a workaround (assuming it's OK with @ericdistad) if you have FAWM hosting and, hopefully, don't overdo it.

• @ericdistad  1 day

@downburst - honestly that's why we updated file hosting to include images as valid files - pretty much for hosting images in the forums. So as long as folks don't go too nuts with it, yeah it's OK. 😀 )

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...