FAWMSTOCK EAST COAST

Skip to the bottom

• @the3queens  Jan 4

We are officially reserved and planning for the last weekend of July 2020 7/31-8/2 @ Ashland Nature Center Hockessin DE again this year!! YAY!!

• @cts  Jan 5

Nifty!

• @swampjaw  Jan 6

Yessssss!

• @wistah  Jan 14

yay!

• @mikeskliar  Jan 14

I had a great time at fawmstock 2019..... hopefully I can get to fawmstock 2020 as well! Hi to all the fawmstock folks I saw!

• @dasbinky  Jan 15

It's on my calendar, hoping to make it again!

• @tamsnumber4  Jan 15

YES!!!

• @standup  Jan 15

We'll be there.

• @mikeb Jan 17

Looks like it will be my first time to Fawmstock!

• @unpronounceable Jan 17

Yeehaw!!!

• @looprication  Jan 19

Hmm, definitely possible, less than 4 hours from RVA!

• @the3queens  Jan 31

Want to keep this forum near top so people know we already have a place and date, Ashland Nature Center Hockessin DE, weekend of July 31-August2 $50, gets you a boy-scout style bunk bed in men's or women's wing, kitchen ( we do a sign up genius for food) workshops and songwriting opps, two nights of in person concerts with fellow FAWM ers and 5 hiking trails!

• @darcistrutt  Feb 1

I loved meeting so many FAWMily members IRL! I’m planning on flying east again!

• @dzd  Feb 1

Post to watch this
    ...if nothing else 50 bucks ain't bad for two nights stay hahah

• @sherrycanary  Feb 1

yay!
    Hi to everyone who was there. 2019 was a blast

• @jani Feb 1

Awesome location! I wanna go this year!!

• @the3queens  Feb 18

Just a reminder ...I want to keep this at the top of Forums....we have a date July 31-Aug 2 at Ashland Nature Center, Hockessin DE. Nearby airports, Philadelphia and BWI. Bunkbeds included, Sign up genius for meals $50 weekend (not including your travel but including meals and bunkbed for weekend.) 3rd Year with many Fawmers from around USA and Canada, including many major FAWMERS in region. LOTS O' FUN!

• @majormajormajormajor  Feb 18

Yeah, penciled in. Some checking to do yet but I'd love to make it out and a 6h ride aint too bad

• @mikeb Feb 18

@the3queens - what is 'sign up genius'?

• @smudge  Feb 18

Wow cool I never knew there was a FAWMstock (anywhere)!!

• @lastnightilie Feb 19

Hey this sounds so cool if I'm available! But have to ask are there vegan options for every meal, or if not can you get some money off for having to find your own food?

Also does everyone get a chance to perform or is someone curating it so not everyone gets to?

This is my first year so I don't know anything!

• @the3queens  Feb 19

Yes @lastnightilie there are vegan options for every meal.

• @the3queens  Feb 19

Also @lastnightilie everyone did three songs (half group did two and half group did one on Friday night, then vice versa on Saturday. )We also had numerous songwriting workshops where we would play what we just wrote.

• @the3queens  Feb 20

@mikeb A sign up genius is something we use for school parties/ sports banquets where I plan out a potluck and variety things we need to eat throughout the weekend and people sign up for the items.That way we are not doubling upand have a nice balance. Two years running we've managed to supply all meals and snacks and drinks for everyone for the weekend and then some.

• @lastnightilie Feb 20

@the3queens thank you!

• @mikeb Feb 20

@the3queens - that's what I figured - I assume you will provide a link at some point?

• @balancelost  Feb 21

When I saw this thread I thought it said FAWMCOCK EATS TOAST. Time to get back in my hole...

• @dasbinky  Feb 21

@balancelost That's a totally different event, but the profit potential may be higher.

• @dzd  Feb 21

@dasbinky @balancelost

sign me up for this one! I assume I'll receive the date/location by raven? πŸ˜€

• @the3queens  Feb 29

Date : July 31st thru Aug 2.
    Deposit due April 1st $25
    Remainder due June 30th
    Send by Venmo, Zelle, Cash App, Google Pay to citrolori@aol.com

What $50 gets you - bunk beds for the weekend, workshops, camradery, food (we all bring it through a potluck sign up) Meet fellow FAWMers in person. Two nights of concerts by YOU and fellow FAWMers.

• @mikegtz  Feb 29

WIll try and get there, looking good at this time.

• @gbg2016  Feb 29

πŸ˜€

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 29

Hmmm maybe I should book a flight!

• @the3queens  Feb 29

@sw1n3flu definitely!

• @elesimo  Feb 29

Oh, I'm flying from SF for this! πŸ˜€

@the3queens what time do people arrive/leave?

• @sheslin Mar 1

Definitely interested!!!

• @standup  Mar 1

I love meeting other FAWMers in real life. Turning songs and flying electrons into people is a cool hobby.

• @nancyrost  Mar 1

Hoping to make it out again this year.

• @hoppiern  Mar 1

Yay FAWMstock!! Hope to see everyone in lovely Delaware!!

• @mikeb Mar 1

@the3queens - is there a way to pay that does not involve those apps? I have Paypal, but don't do the rest of them. Mail a check, maybe?

• @standup  Mar 1

@elesimo what I recall is we can start depositing gear in the bunkhouse 5 pm Friday. Dinner, mingling, an open-mic style performance, then hanging out jamming til late.

Saturday is talks/workshops/skirmish writing, and another performance in the evening (everybody gets to present a couple songs), followed most likely by another late night

Sunday we have to be out at noon, so it’s a quiet groggy cleanup

• @the3queens  Mar 1

@mikeb Yes you can write a check. My email is citrolori@aol.com. I take Paypal however they always charge a fee (something like $7.00 for the $50) which makes us short for the fee for Ashland and I don't have a buffer or extra factored in. If 30 come the $50 each pays Ashland ($1500 for the weekend). If only 20 come then it's $75. It was $75 the first year but not the second and I expect we'll get 30 again this year.

• @the3queens  Mar 1

Here's itinerary from 2 years ago ( don't know where last year's is) If you need bedding etc because you are flying in, we can bring that. You will get multiple emails from me regarding all this if you sign up. FYI you can order pizza or sandwiches Saturday but most people did not.
    FRIDAY
    5pm - arrive, get situated
    6pm - potluck dinner please bring something to share, cleanup
    7pm - icebreaker game
    7:30 - open mic (2 songs each)

SATURDAY
    breakfast, nature walks, etc on your own
    11 an - alternative tunings workshop with Terry Merriman
    noon - pizza lunch
    12:45 - skirmish
    2pm - songwriting twister
    3:15 - songwriting poker
    4:30 - mood/feeling workshop with Rob Lincoln
    5:45ish dinner
    7pm - Songwriting Showcases ( 2 songs each)

SUNDAY
    breakfast, pack up, leave by noon

please bring sleeping bag, pillow, sheets, potluck dish to share Friday, $$ for pizza and dinner order Saturday, YOUR INSTRUMENTS and any other personal items you need.

• @the3queens  Mar 1

There is sound and if you are flying, instruments to share!

• @the3queens  Mar 2

Wow first signups for FAWMSTOCK 2020 @dasbinky and @gbg2016 !! Looking forward to seeing. you both again!

• @standup  Mar 2

We live pretty close, so if you're flying/traveling light and need something, hit me up. Or if you want to fly into BWI that's kind of on the way for us. Email is on my soundboard.

• @tcelliott  Mar 2

We were gonna hit Songfight Live this year in California but that's looking out. So other things are possible. But the East Coast is a bit far for us. It's a maybe, but a pretty thin one.

If there's ever another FawmStock in the Midwest then I'd be able to swing that. *hint hint, Madison*

• @dasbinky  Mar 2

@tcelliott We'd love to host again, but planning these is a nightmare. The fact that @the3queens is willing to coordinate (and good at doing so) gives her first dibs on location. There's nothing at all to stop multiple FAWMStocks from happening, but finding people who want to handle the event planning is an uphill battle.

• @tcelliott  Mar 2

Yes, it's hard work and I don't envy anyone. But I'm not too proud to be selfish in my wishing, either. @the3queens is a rock star, no doubt.

• @the3queens  Mar 7

@tcelliott maybe after my 50 state tour I'll know more about venues in the midwest.

• @writeandwrong  Mar 10

Oh, and perhaps a few jello shots will be brought...πŸ˜‡πŸ€£πŸ˜‡ And yes, @the3queens rocks at putting this together!!

• @hoppiern  Mar 11

@the3queens is amazing and has mad organizing skills! If you are coming from far away, I will bring a keyboard or two for anyone to use. Really hope to see lots of FAWMers there - Ashland is really beautiful and last year there were tons of butterflies!! πŸ¦‹πŸ˜Š

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...