New Lyricist

Skip to the bottom

• @bkoubsky Nov 6

hello! I am brand new to this site. I am also a brand new lyricist trying to get feedback, advice, collaboration and get my feet wet!
    Looking forward to meeting you!

• @freddyshein Nov 15

Same folk as you here! All the best in your progress.

• @paulhenry  Nov 28

Welcome. You will find a varied and supportive community here.

• @sonia98 Dec 13

Welcome and GL 😀

• @unkept Dec 24

Welcome! 😀

• @guatecoop  Dec 26

@bkoubsky. Welcome to you! You’re in the right place. I personally am always looking for vocalists, such as @unkept ....I write instrumentals mostly. Glad you’re here

• @coolparadiso  Jan 2

welcome!

• @wobbiewobbit  Jan 2

welcome - have a fun feb!

• @tawny249  Jan 5

Hi lyrics person! I write music also but often only the lyrics actually make it onto the FAWM site in time. So effectively I am mostly lyrics only. Thanks for joining us! 😁 Good luck, too.

• @heretcband Jan 6

My first time as well. Looking forward to getting to know folks! And, sharing ideas. I'm the lyricists and singer in our ragtag band. I'm truly honored to work with talented musicians who range from self-taught to classically trained.

• @donna  Jan 6

Welcome, @bkoubsky. 😀 Because of the rapid-tempo nature of FAWM, although you'll get plenty of encouragement, it's possible you might not get much in the line of feedback/suggestions for improvement and so on. However, there are a couple of good songwriting forums that exist for that purpose, one of which is MuseSongwriters. Worth checking out post-FAWM.

• @coolparadiso  Jan 7

cant think of a better place for you to get your feet wet! Great crowd here who will give you plenty of support, like most things the more you put in the more you get back!

• @robynmackenzie  Jan 8

Welcome! We're excited to have you. 😀

• @yam655 Jan 24

@bkoubsky I would like to introduce you to the concept of crappy lo-fi demos recorded with the device on-hand, (maybe even your phone).

That sounds super intimidating, you say?

That may be, but if someone covers one of your songs, it will sound like _your_ song. A lo-fi audio recording is like sheet music for the ears.

It's how I started.

There's software to help transcribe music. (ScoreCloud comes to mind.) There's software to help add accompaniment. (Band in a Box is very popular.) It's possible to start with sort of crappy acapella demos and then move on to all kinds of stuff.

I mean, there are some great lyricists here. But, if you're wanting to start there and grow to other areas...

• @aflinner  Jan 25

Welcome! 😀

• @zuza Jan 25

Hey! I'm in the same boat. My first time on FAWM. Well, last year I sort of participated, but this is the first time I actually signed up. Good luck and have fun!

• @jorh  Jan 26

@bkoubsky Welcome to FAWM - lyricist only here too. You’ve come to the right place - it’s such an encouraging community and there’s a mixture of experiences/styles so there’s lots to learn. I definetly recommend collabing as it’s really helped me in a few ways:
    1) It allowed me to learn about and focus on getting the metre and rhythm of my lyrics right so they’re easier to set to music
    2) write my lyrics keeping different music genres in mind
    3) start to create melodies for my songs (vocals only as i don’t play an instrument). Then when i post the lyrics only people interpret them in a completely different way to I envisaged which is really cool and show how they inspire people in different ways.
    4)Make new friends and stay motivated to write as you see your lyrics flourish into full songs/ receive positive feedback
    Hope this helps 😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...