A lot of spam being posted ATM (out of season)

Skip to the bottom

• @lemonstar Aug 23

Isn't anyone around to keep the place looking clean and tidy? Maybe you need to get a cleaner in out of season - I'm sure there would be some volunteers? I guess the problem with home made sites is controlling the access and permission rights for such users.

• @edwardsmusic Aug 23

Yeah, I've been seeing that too (as someone who checks in almost daily).
    Mind you there are some spam topics that just disappear never to be seen again, but that's the minority.

• @lemonstar Aug 28

Bump!

• @nancyrost  Aug 29

Tidying now!

• @lemonstar Aug 31

Excellent work @nancyrost. I understand google demotes or penalises sites in its search results when they become over-run with spam - in real terms - not sure if that is a real problem in terms of impact on the success of the site. It seems like the spammers have no idea what goes on here - they really were wasting their own time as it's off season ATM. Anyway - good job!

• @edwardsmusic Sep 26

There is still some spam slipping through the cracks...but hey, what can you expect?

• @nancyrost  Sep 27

Yep, got it - thanks for flagging, everyone.

• @zecoop  Oct 4

Bumping it back to @nancyrost - If only we had FAWMers around to write Spammy songs back to them, because that was kinda fun. 😉

• @tuneslayer2018  5 weeks

Ain't that the truth @zecoop -- my collaboration with @easyshed was one of my best songs this year. Too bad I can't really perform it for a non-FAWM audience because it takes too long to explain.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...