How do I make an EP?

Skip to the bottom

• @rainchaser  4 weeks

I was wondering do I have to be signed to a label to make an EP? And also, do EPs need full songs recorded rather than demos? Thank you!

• @zecoop  4 weeks

You definitely do not need to be signed to a label for an EP. EP (extended play) usually just means it has less songs that an LP (Long Play). Your albums (LP, EP, Single) can be whatever you want - Demos or fully recorded masterpieces. I love Bandcamp as a place to put my albums, if you have not looked into that. Very easy to use and gives you options to charge or give it away for free. Either way, people can stream it online. 😀

• @rainchaser  4 weeks

Ah thank you for your reply! I really appreciated!! Yeah I haven't done bandcamp before because I seriously thought it was only for bands to be on there! Lol I will look forward to it!! Yeah I figured demos for now since I haven't been signed to a label yet to make full recordings, not only that but I would rather do it in a studio as oppose to an appartment! Lol

• @tcelliott  4 weeks

What zecoop said. You can even use something like the amuse.io app to get your EP on spotify etc., for free. Or pay 29 bucks to CDBaby (with a current special going on) to get distribution as well.

• @rainchaser  4 weeks

Oh that's pretty cool! I might try amuse if it supports Android phones since I use an Android phone lol at least I have CD Baby to look at too as well!! Thanks a lot!!!

• @zecoop  4 weeks

@rainchaser - I am definitely not signed to anything, and I have tons of albums on Bandcamp. Music is just a really fun hobby for me. Good luck!! Let us know what you come up with, and let me know if you have any questions about Bandcamp. It's pretty easy to use. 😀

• @dreamscuba  4 weeks

Great thread....I must get round to publishing some stuff....now to find a suitable list for an EP.

• @fuzzy  3 weeks

That amuse site looks inviting; anyone have any experience with it?

• @sailingmagpie  3 weeks

@fuzzy I used amuse to release an album a while ago. Super easy to use. The stats around plays etc are pretty basic and you can't withdraw any royalties until you make $10 but it's perfect to get your stuff on all of the major platforms.

• @fuzzy  3 weeks

Thanx, @sailingmagpie. I'll give it a go.

• @tcelliott  3 weeks

For the record I bought into the yearly distrokid thingy that was on sale.. haven't used it yet. Probably won't for a while. BUT... I've got to release at least 4 albums in order to make it worth the selling price so..... here's to being productive this year.

• @siebass 3 weeks

How to make an EP? Force it to drink a ton of water, then let nature run its course.

• @siebass 3 weeks

I do like distrokid for ease of use and launch on all relevant platforms

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...