Live Performance of FAWM 2019 tracks

Skip to the bottom

• @julesbf Mar 6

Anyone performed a fawm 2019 track live yet? we had our band rehearsal last night where I offered 3 fawm 2019 tracks as possibles and we played them for the very first time. Really excited about them and they all made the cut for getting on the set list. So end of the month we should have our next gig with some fawm 2019 tracks on.

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 6

@expendablefriend, @orinoco and I played "Dial-a-Unicorn" (https://fawm.org/songs/91216/) at our gig on 24 Feb. There was video. I'll see if I can post a link later

• @chipwithrow  Mar 6

I did two of mine at our local outdoor market. I recorded both of them, then went home and re-recorded. "Green Market is 10" and "Insomnia."
    The demos are the at-home versions followed by the market versions.
    Every year for the last 6 or 7 or so, I do a few live demos for FAWM and 50/90. Then I tend to not play the songs much after. I have some go-to originals - maybe 20 - but I like playing covers better.

• @pipewrench67  Mar 6

So far a majority of the songs I've done for FAWM that I've brought to rehearsal have gotten the thumbs up.
    We have a show March 15 and will most likely do 3 or 4 of them, and then for the next show in April we will probably do some more.

I thought it would be cool to have a group (maybe facebook or elsewhere) for live performances of FAWM tunes I think @tcelliot and myself had very brief discussion about it last year, around this time.

I however would not be the person to administrate this page.
    Anyway I will probably post them, somewhere, if I can get a halfway decent video of them.

• @bethdesombre  Mar 6

Yes! I played this one (https://fawm.org/songs/91377/) at a show on March 2, and at the break someone asked if it was on one of my CDs! There are definitely many others from this month that are going to make it into live performance soon.

• @spinhead Mar 6

Our next house concert will be almost entirely stuff I wrote this February (8 of my 10) and 5 out of the 6 I wrote in January.

• @fearlessflight2014  Mar 6

I’ve been on the road with a Canadian songwriter since feb 27 and I’ve been opening the show solo with 4 or five songs (just double bass and voice). Every show I’ve played at least one song from FAWM 2019. It’s really quite nerve racking but totally cool to play songs that are so fresh.

• @timfatchen  Mar 6

@fearlessflight2014 don't forget to register your songs and fill in the time'n'place on your APRA live performance page? That's an extra $10 xa show it'll earn for yoU!

• @dasbinky  Mar 6

If the current setlist holds up, @nancyrost, @johncrossman and I will be doing around 15 new ones on Friday.

• @karlsburg25  Mar 6

We did one the night after it was written live in Thailand on koh phayam 👍

• @ceilidh  Mar 8

I sang Winter Light Show, Tiny Home and Hay-on-Wye at the February song circle for the Portland Folkmusic Society and was enthusiastically welcomed back after many many years absence.

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 8

Here's the video of Dial-a-Unicorn https://youtu.be/D17fRnNMdPE?t=1308

• @edwardsmusic 1 week

I'm about 8 months late, but on the 31st of October I performed "Talk to Me" and "Down to Earth" as part of my solo performance at Victoria University.

• @ampersandman  1 week

My song "Disobedience" now is a band song, has gotten German lyrics and was performed live several times already. I and I regularly have a taste of blood in my mouth afterwards. Damn screaming.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...