Post February collabs

Skip to the bottom

• @leomozi  2 weeks

Do folks often decide to offer to add music or lyrics to existing FAWM songs after FAWM is over? I may not end up finding the time, but I've come across a few things in the past several days where I thought, "Hey, I think I can spice this up."

• @misterd 2 weeks

Yes... After FAWM finishes I usually go over the songs i've written and refine lyrics and sections . I usually write in a rush during fawm - and after i've posted i think of things i can improve on . I think this is when the real work begins . iIs a good thing to do i reckon ..

• @kahlo2013  2 weeks

I often rework things after FAWM and sometimes add demos and am always up for collaborations.

• @ajna1960 2 weeks

I always rework and edit after FAWM. My lyrics written during FAWM are only rough first drafts. I rework them and more often than not find cowriters outside of FAWM to collab with and bring them to life (although sometimes the FAWM collabs spill over into real life too).

• @tcelliott  2 weeks

I have added music to lyric posts in the past. One 50/90 I spent a fair amount of time doing it afterward. But I tend not to do as much of that these days. Although, the thought is intriguing...

• @quork  2 weeks

March Collab Month, when people stick around and lyrics get turned into songs. I like the sound of that.

• @musicsongwriter 2 weeks

Always happy to collaborate, in March and in any other times.
    Nadia

• @metalfoot  2 weeks

@musicsongwriter I haven't forgotten my commitment to you, Nadia! I'm just a little overwhelmed with funeral stuff at the moment (for someone in the congregation-not a family member).

• @musicsongwriter 2 weeks

Thank you Alex, I wrote on your page, No worries at all, please feel free to collaborate when you have an opportunity.
    Nadia

• @siebass 1 week

My offer is still good through the end of the month; I'll get as many collabs done as I can. My speed is about one song every 2-4 days. See my post in the collab section for more info. Picking up unfinished collabs and wish-songs as best I am able.

• @metalfoot  1 week

@musicsongwriter I have the music together now, I just need to record it. 😀

• @musicsongwriter 1 week

Thank you Alex, awesome.

• @timfatchen  1 week

I do. @frogspawn did, but his pond is empty this year (!) I'm stuck on one with @ajna1960 , there was another I would've loved to bu the writer wrote msuic at the same time, jsut didn't mention it when posting....

• @ballyhoot 1 week

I have an empty song slot saved on my account but don't really have anything in the works for it. It might be fun to collaborate with anyone who's still around to build a song from scratch. Could start off with someone putting together a percussion track, then someone else could add bass, piano, acoustic guitar, or whatever, and eventually lyrics and vocals--one by one, track by track, until we run out of people who want to add music.... Anyone interested?

• @leomozi  1 week

@ballyhoot, That sounds fun. Might I do lyrics and vocals?

• @siebass 1 week

@ballyhoot sounds fun

• @ballyhoot 1 week

@leomozi, sure, why not? Though, if there ends up being multiple people who like writing lyrics or singing, we could break things down further, with one person writing a verse, another person writing the chorus, etc.

@siebass, do you have a preference regarding what kinds of things you would want to contribute?

As I mentioned in my other post, I'm inclined to have someone start the song off with a percussion track. That is NOT my forte.

For structure, what about something like this:

Intro
    Verse 1
    Verse 2
    pre-chorus
    Chorus
    small break
    Verse 3
    pre-chorus
    Chorus
    Bridge
    Instrumental Break
    pre-chorus
    Chorus
    Outro

• @leomozi  1 week

@ballyhoot, I’m happy to do any part. I’m not a percussionist either, I can lay something down with my cajón or virtual GarageBand drums if nobody else wants to percussion.

• @siebass 1 week

@ballyhoot we can see if @zecoop or @guatecoop are still around and/or interested. I'm capable for any part, even percussion if need be, but can alter the medium depending on what we'd want. I have just this year converted my mesh drum kit to electronic, so I can bash some stuff out that way, or program in FL studio/EzDrummer/Garageband otherwise

• @guatecoop  1 week

Oh yeah, we are both around. We can do all sorts of things, but hopefully the lyrics and singing can be your task! Hehe. My wife can sing, too, if you need a female voice and/or words. She’s good. Let me know what you’re thinking.

• @guatecoop  1 week

With a structure like that, are we going to do an album side?? Hehe. A la Pink Floyd “echoes” or Rush “Hemispheres”? Time signature(s)? This might be epic...

• @ballyhoot 1 week

@leomozi , @siebass, @guatecoop , The structure was just a place to start, but definitely not set in stone. Then again, I'm not opposed to an epic song, either. 😀 In any case, whoever starts the song off with a percussion track can decide the length of the song and the complexity of the structure. Once completed, they can then post a link here and we can figure out at that point who will take up the baton next.

• @siebass 1 week

@ballyhoot sounds like a plan

• @robotkitten  1 week

I'd also love to chip in if we're making this a group song! I can do lyrics, female vocals, and/ or uke chords 😀

• @siebass 1 week

@ballyhoot I can take a crack at a laying down some bones for drums and possible bass, but it may be a while before I get to it due to life and other commitments the rest of this week. Otherwise, @zecoop or @guatecoop, you guys want to take a stab at the underbelly of drums and/or bass? Excited to make an olio song here in march. I guess this is kind of like an exquisite corpse, but kind of not.

• @siebass 1 week

Tasty March Olio Collaboration:

@ballyhoot - guitar
    @leomozi - lyrics, vox
    @robotkitten - lyrics, female vox, uke
    @siebass - whatever is needed (drums/guitar/bass/vocal/crappy piano)
    @zecoop - something
    @guatecoop - drums
    @kahlo2013 - flute or melodica
    Potentially viewers like YOU!

• @ballyhoot 1 week

If someone can lay down percussion, I can follow with a guitar track . Acoustic or electric, depending on the nature of the drum track. I also volunteer to collect the individual wav or mp3 tracks and mix them together before posting to my place marker song

• @guatecoop  1 week

@leomozi, @siebass , @ballyhoot , @robotkitten, @zecoop i can probably do a drum track this weekend. What sort of pace and length are you thinking? Any ideas are good now, as I am mentally starting to think about these things. Thanks for any input!

• @ballyhoot 1 week

@guatecoop , I’m trying to stay pretty loose But if I had a preference, I like acoustic drum sounds with a bluesy rock feel. Something upbeat but not too fast. Typical length objective=between 3 and 4 minutes unless you want to be more epic. But honestly, if you’re gonna do the percussion track, I put the song in your hands. It’s up to us to adjust accordingly. Don’t take my suggestions as set in stone. 😀

• @kahlo2013  1 week

If y’all want any flute bit or melodica bit give a holler!

• @siebass 1 week

All sounds good to me

• @guatecoop  1 week

Oh @kahlo2013 , I’m just going to holler now! I love those sounds.

• @ballyhoot 1 day

@guatecoop , Don't mean to hassle, but are you still going to put something together, drum-wise? If you don't have time, no worries.

• @guatecoop  1 day

@leomozi , @ballyhoot , @siebass , @robotkitten yes, I’m going to do it for sure. Life just got in the way this week. Sorry about the delay. I will have drums done by the end of Saturday. Probably tomorrow, but at the latest Saturday.

• @ballyhoot 16 hours

@guatecoop , Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

• @ballyhoot 16 hours

**seeing = hearing.... 😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...