Why ya gotta go?

Skip to the bottom

• @splittybooms  Mar 1

I'm genuinely sad that FAWM is over and that so many people will be moving on and won't be around.
    I feel like I had to spend most of my time working on music and didn't get enough time in with the community. Sure, my comments given were way more than last year, but I still have a sadness that some people stopped by and I never got back to them during February.
    Furthermore, I wish I had gotten more into the forum conversations. And lastly, I wish I had done more collabs.
    I know I'll see some of you during 50/90, but that's still 4 months away.
    Last FAWM, I quit abruptly due to...stuff.
    I feel NASOALMO prepared me for the race of making an album in one month, but there was no comment system in place there, AND the album only had to be a certain length.
    I see now that I need to manage my time better next year, for commenting and getting to know more people.
    That being said, I did meet some awesome artists and heard some memorable songs that I will be going back to just to listen leisurely.
    I am glad that some of you will stick around. I have a lot more music to listen to and say stuff about, as I'm sure so many of us do. I guess you could say "fine time do that (sarcasm)", but...tis' the way the ball crumbles and the cookie bounces.
    Still, there is a real sadness I'm feeling now. Like...company is packing up and heading back home now.

• @pearlmanhattan  Mar 1

I feel the sadness, too. It's like the end of camp, but I've made some new friends this year, and I intend to keep in touch. Besides, there's work to be done. All these albums don't produce themselves. Big hugs, my fam. It's not goodbye, it's just change. 😁

• @judypie  Mar 1

I have a sadness too! Relief from no more pressure to write stuff but yes, this absolutely feels like summer camp doesn’t it! Gonna stick around a while listening and commenting though πŸ˜€

• @evinwolverton  Mar 1

@splittybooms I feel you. I usually don't participate in the forums all that much; it can build some bad habits of attention-seeking instead of working on craft. I generally think it's better to focus on the music instead, but I understand that there can be camaraderie FOMO. It's not too late to make some connections : )

• @rbarreda Mar 1

I understand where you're coming from Splitty but for me it's more regret.

I regret I wasn't able to participate more this year. In years past I was able to participate in the forums some... not as much as I'd like but enough to make some friendly acquaintances and to the point that I recognized profile pics the next year to think "hey... there's one of FAWM buddies I like listening to."

Maybe next year huh.

• @coolparadiso  Mar 1

we have work to do soon @splittybooms ha ha. collabs coming!

• @splittybooms  Mar 2

Good to know its not just me lol
    @coolparadiso - you know it! Really looking forward to it. I plan on taking a bit of a break to recharge so I can really be of use to you.
    @rbarreda I feel you - that was me last year regarding regret; and the way I felt this year with seeing familiar folks. Yes, next year, man!
    @evinwolverton I never thought about the possibility of it building bad habits...but I understand what you mean. I agree with you about focusing on music; it is after all an album making challenge! Connections, indeed! Found YOUR music, which was a great gem.
    @judypie RELIEF, SWEET RELIEF!!! You can say that again! Good grief, my doctor even yelled at me for being hunched over my DAW so much lol
    @pearlmanhattan Hugs right back - and its great to know the slackchat will be active and I can just pop in there whenever I wanna say hey or am feeling alone on this music-making planet we've all created for ourselves. And yeah...SO much work to be done (puts head down on d

• @splittybooms  Mar 2

sigh...why does it cut off my posts (cause you talk too much, guy)...

• @quork  Mar 2

Here till the bitter end, splitting.

• @quork  Mar 2

...splitty

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Mar 2

@splittybooms Life changes and evolves all the time, and so will your involvement in FAWM. Some years it will be all comments and camaraderie and some years it will be like pulling teeth to get even a few songs done.

The good news is it happens again, and the more you come back, the more you get back (I've found anyway).

And I agree with @evinwolverton about trying to avoid that approval-seeking portion of comments (and likes, and favorites, and thumbs ups). Finding that balance to interact with people here without it being my end all to how I feel about myself. And I freely admit I love getting comments and feel great getting feedback. πŸ˜€

My three cents.

• @sunnymae  Mar 2

Oh you are So not alone @splittybooms I get the major blues and withdrawal when FAWM is over. Hell I start getting nervous two weeks in dreading the end! I'm glad more folks are sticking around this year to listen and comment. It will turn into a ghost town in the next two weeks...that's just how it goes. Mwah 😞

• @fuzzy  Mar 3

There's always 50/90 starting in July, if you need an extended FAWM fix.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 3

i hear ya all,, end of fawm is a sad time in a way,, but I'd encourage people to stick around a little longer, listen, comment, the chatroom if they want, use the forums ,etc.
    there's also a facebook group on album production where we take what we've done this fawm (or from another time) and try to assemble the best of it into some sort of album or ep or whatever works... stay involved if you can, i guess! and hi to everyone, btw! (I needed about 48 hours away a little bit after that last few fawm days of intense songwriting, but .. im here πŸ˜€

• @edwardsmusic Mar 3

That's exactly how I feel. I think I'm the only one who's logged on for the entire year!
    Having just written a song titled "FAWM is a Ghost Town", need I say more?

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...