50/90, Anyone?

Skip to the bottom

• @chipwithrow  Mar 1

I love the 50 Songs in 90 Days challenge http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/ that runs July 4-Oct 1. This year will be my 11th 50/90. So who's joining me? (I know some of you are also 50/90 regulars.)

• @edwardsmusic Mar 1

I will be participating, though I'm not definitely sure what my plans are going to be. I joined in 2017 (the same year I joined FAWM), so it's going to be my third year.

• @philkmills  Mar 1

I hope to be part of it. Last year I didn't do much but this one would be year 9 or 10.

• @tuneslayer2018  Mar 1

I'll be honest, a bunch of offline stuff was going on and I completely forgot 50/90 was happening last year. I should put it in my calendar right now.

• @krayzie003  Mar 1

I'll be there. I don't expect to hit 50 songs but any as good a reason as any to write and record new songs.

• @fuzzy  Mar 1

Heck yeah, I like 50/90 even better than FAWM!

• @darcistrutt  Mar 1

Iโ€™m counting the days!

• @darcistrutt  Mar 1

2010 was my first so year nine for me!

• @coolparadiso  Mar 1

i will be there for sure. not sure i will be up to last years numbers but will be fun for sure. will get 50. great fun.

• @metalfoot  Mar 1

Of course I'll be there. There are more elements needing songs!

• @pearlmanhattan  Mar 1

I will be there

• @tamsnumber4  Mar 1

I'M IN!!

• @rainchaser  Mar 1

I'm going to be there too! I'm working to writing quicker this time!!

• @atitlan  Mar 1

Always!

• @evinwolverton  Mar 1

What would it take for 50/90 to adopt the web structure used here at FAWM? I'd love the same features.

• @vomvorton  Mar 1

@evinwolverton 50/90 allows more than two-way collaborations and the forum doesn't cut people off at 1000 characters so in at least a few ways it's better-featured than FAWM.

I'll be taking part again. Might actually aim for 50 this year, I've only managed it once before!

• @cicpisces Mar 1

Group hug.
    Let's do these songs. 50/90.
    Oh yeh.

• @sph  Mar 1

Sure!

• @spingo  Mar 1

I'll probably sign up and hopefully this AZ summer won't be as soul-sucking and I can actually do more!

• @ayehahmur  Mar 1

Much as love FAWM and are in awe of the levels of production of some of you guys, I'll pass. I've got a novel to finish this year and, more importantly, I have no idea what I would do with 50 songs! I'll have a difficult enough time of it recording and releasing an EP out of the ones I've got between now and the next FAWM.
    Good luck to you though, you're all wonderful.

• @judypie  Mar 1

Woah, 14 songs is struggle enough for me, I feel like 50 would be the death of me! Good on you all though!

• @chrishope Mar 1

someone mentioned it yesterday and as i've stuggled (still love it) it put a huge smile on my face knowiing it existed

• @corinnecurcio Mar 1

Wouldn't miss it for the world!

• @donna  Mar 1

As it will be my 11th, I'm sure I'll be at the gate, though not necessarily to aim for 50. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'll be satisfied with a handful of decent lyrics that I'll be able to fine-tune and get ready for a full-on collaboration.

I'm chuffed with my FAWM results. Due to illness, I wasn't sure I'd manage even one lyric this time around, but my Muse showed up and helped me through it all. I trust she'll be in attendance in July as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @tcelliott  Mar 1

I'll be there.

• @valeriecox  Mar 1

Yep!

• @benjo  Mar 1

Oh yes indeed can't wait

• @roddy  Mar 1

I'll be there too.

• @ajna1960 Mar 1

Me too

• @standup  Mar 1

I like the pace of 50/90 better because I never have the slightest intention of doing 50 songs. It just keeps me writing over the summer. And sometimes I get better songs because I'm not putting the same pressure on myself.

And y'all should all come to FAWMstock this summer right in the middle of 50/90. Do some live-in-person skirmish writing. It's even a whole 'nother ball game.

• @chipwithrow  Mar 1

Nice! I started this thread, went to bed (hey, that rhymes - still in songwriting mode!) and now I see so many replies!
    @ayehahmur - every year I say "What am I going to do with 50 more songs?" And then I go ahead and do it!
    @fuzzy - I like 50/90 as much as FAWM, for sure. I think that more of the originals I continue to perform have come from 50/90s than from FAWMs - not sure why, though.

• @ayehahmur  Mar 1

@chipwithrow I'm utterly in awe of your dedication to the art. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @headfirstonly  Mar 1

Oh hell yes. It'll be my seventh. Let's see if I can continue making good progress this year (this FAWM has been my best ever, I reckon.)

• @zecoop  Mar 1

I salute all of you and say cheers! I have kind of done 50/90 1-2 times, but it's just not the same for me. FAWM is perfect because the weather here makes it so that I would rather be any where than outside. In the summer, I'd rather be outside than anywhere, and I just can't seem to find the drive to write/record. As with every year, I'll see what happens, but more years than not, my only composing is in February.

• @vikkiflawith Mar 1

Yes!

• @ballyhoot Mar 1

I've been pretty hit-or-miss when it comes to 50/90. Sometimes I do it; sometimes I don't. It's often a decision I make at the last second, and I sometimes reverse that decision once 50/90 gets going. But I never shoot for 50 songs. A good half-dozen, and I'm happy.

• @phoenixash Mar 1

I surely will be there, wanna hit the 50 mark!

• @looprication  Mar 1

I usually show up, look around, run and cower... but I do try to at least show up ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @rainchaser  Mar 1

50/90 is also friendly to us Floridians that have to deal with the hot summer! On February compared to others in the north and midwest, it's actually nice out there to go outside!

• @andygetch  Mar 2

is a regular ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @barbara  Mar 2

Havenโ€™t missed one since I found out about it in 2010. Stretch out, find pockets of time to give it; no stress. I love it!

• @darcistrutt  Mar 2

@standup Iโ€™m attending my first FAWMstock and excited to collab 50/90 entries! Itโ€™s perfect timing!

• @standup  Mar 2

@darcistrutt I look forward to meeting you in person!

• @rainchaser  Mar 2

I would love to attend FAWMstock too bad I live in Florida though. Lol

• @kahlo2013  Mar 2

5090? Of course! I look foreword to it!

• @pfoo  Mar 2

I try to do a few songs in 50/90. Definitely not 50. I move slowly creating songs, but will be there to create a few and to listen.

• @oneslowtyper  Mar 2

Since I'm always collaborating throughout the year, I actually NEED 50/90 and FAWM - as a way to always have lots of material at hand to chose from, when the need is there.
    On a side note - I always thought 30/90 would seem more practical, since those 90 days are about the best days, weather-wise, which means there are lots of BBQ's and other outings competing for the same limited time.

• @ustaknow Mar 2

Slightly irregular, but only 'cause I try real hard to be ๐Ÿ˜

• @ryuu Mar 3

I try every year. I usually feel like I don't seriously try to win at 50/90 though, as opposed to FAWM. I just love hanging out with y'all so much ๐Ÿ˜€

• @musicsongwriter Mar 3

Looking forward to 50/90. Hope to be as regular as I possibly can.
    Nadia

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 3

Yeah, probably

• @cherok40  Mar 4

Never heard of it before today, but will consider it. 50 songs in 90 days is a bit crazy though....

• @timfatchen  Mar 4

I'm with @standup on this. I'll be there in and out. I've made it to 50 (once) so I've climbed that mountain, but I try to get momentum rolling (because of what comes out) but there's usually too much "away" happening during those months.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 4

@cherok40 that's how I felt back in 2009 when I first heard of 50/90 and FAWM. Tried in 2010 and surprised myself so looking forward to joining ever since. The thing is you have nothing to loose, only to gain and even one new song is already gaining. The support on both FAWM and 50/90 is amazing, Hope you'll join us.
    Nadia

• @stephenwordsmith Mar 4

I'll be there. Nothing like 50 lyrics to choose from if you're suffering writer's block.

• @chipwithrow  Mar 4

@cherok40 - 50 in 90 works out to 10 songs every 18 days, just a bit more than a FAWM pace. And of course you don't have to go all in for 50.
    You could also make it FAWM-like by choosing one of the three months as a focus - JAWM, AAWM, or SAWM.
    It's a cool community, too - smaller than FAWM but with some diehards (like me).
    @rainchaser - except for hurricanes, I love Florida summers! Beaches to ourselves, afternoon storms to break up the day, good gardening if you can get it in early morning or early evening. I usually record some 50/90 songs outdoors because I can get cool bug, bird, and rain sounds.

• @rainchaser  Mar 4

@chipwithrow Well, I guess where you live at isn't so hot up there but in South Miami it is very hot to be out there in the summer!

• @fearlessflight2014  Mar 5

I posted a couple of lyrics last year but I got busy with life. This year Iโ€™ve marked it in the calendar!

• @jamkar  Mar 5

Yes of course!

• @chandra83  Mar 15

I will try...but I make no promises...

• @darcistrutt  Mar 15

@rainchaser Iโ€™m flying in from Wisconsin. The flights arenโ€™t too bad! Iโ€™m glad folks are lingering in FAWM. It shortens the gap before 50/90. ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽถ

• @cherok40  May 20

It sounds like a crazy project but I might join anyway ๐Ÿ˜€

• @wobbiewobbit  May 22

yep looking forward to it... prob like laat year with some time off in the middle

• @visiblydistorted May 25

Cool, just signed up. I've heard good things. Looking forward to it.

• @studiokristo May 25

I'm curious to join too. Most likely I will make it despite my busy schedule.

• @andygetch  May 27

while 50 seems like a mountain right now, of course I am

• @johnstaples  May 28

FWIW, I ALWAYS ignore the 50 part and instead focus on 10-15 new songs. Word to the wise: if you want comments on your new songs get 'em done in the first couple of weeks as the crowd thins down really fast after that!

• @chrishope May 28

but perfectly formed of course

• @johnstaples  May 28

of course.

• @cts  May 31

Iโ€™m going to make 50/90 my time to write produce and record with others. Comments arenโ€™t the priority, I just want the opportunity to finally work with folks I havenโ€™t previously or in a good long while!

• @johnstaples  Jun 1

@cts , I could bring the PB!

• @metalfoot  Jun 1

@cts I'll volunteer to work with you. Huge respect for your music and production skills!

• @cts  Jun 6

@johnstaples and @metalfoot - gents, you're on! Looking forward to making some jelly with the both of ya!

*peace*

• @shortdan  Jun 6

I contributed one song to 50/90 in 2017 and none in 2018. I'm going to aim for a realistic two this time around! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @ericdistad  Jun 20

The 50/90 site is now live for 2019! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @nuerdetjuligen  Jun 24

Yay! Thanks Eric!
    Excited to hear the jelly @cts. And excited to hear what y'all are cooking up too.

• @cts  Jun 24

@nuerdetjuligen - thanks! Iโ€™m kinda wondering what Iโ€™ll do as well. Iโ€™ve not set up my recently purchased Mac Book Pro. Iโ€™ve not written, practiced or played since February. However, something will spring forth!

• @almcneice123 Jun 28

Hello. I am new to FAWM (joined today!) and also signed up to 50/90. Looking forward to hearing your stuff, and hope you like whatever I come up with! See you on the inside, and hopefuly the other side!

• @gubna 5 weeks

Iโ€™m over a month late, can I still join?

• @edwardsmusic 5 weeks

@gubna Yes you can.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...