Who Will Be Here In March?

Skip to the bottom

• @billwhite51 Mar 1

i am still listening and will leave comments only for those people who will still be here, so let me and others know who you are.

• @standup  Mar 1

I'm not done. There's still about 10,000 songs I have not heard.

• @boyatheart  Mar 1

I will be listening and commenting in March.
    Watchlist and this thread will be where I start!

• @pearlmanhattan  Mar 1

I will be here in March.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 1

Me too.

• @splittybooms  Mar 1

Moi

• @renegadepriest Mar 1

Affirmative

• @jwhanberry  Mar 1

Wouldn't miss it.

• @wacha  Mar 1

I'll be here in March as well.

• @regis  Mar 1

I've got a lot of listening to catch up on, so I'm planning on it.

• @leomozi  Mar 1

I’ll be here.

• @edwardsmusic Mar 1

I'll be here all year, believe it or not!

• @cherok40  Mar 1

I will stay here for a long time.. there are so many songs and artist that I want to listen to.

• @darcistrutt  Mar 1

I’ll be here. I’m hoping to add melody to my final songs. I hear them in my head but couldn’t record them today.

• @cbodovinitz  Mar 1

yup

• @jamkar  Mar 1

Oh yes. There is much to do in the listening department.

• @avalouisemusic Mar 1

I’ll be here as well.

• @sunnymae  Mar 1

I am totally here. Going to listen to tons of music and make comments and beautiful playlists!

• @paulhenry  Mar 1

I’ll be here thru March.

• @gflatminor  Mar 1

I've got lots of listening and quite a bit of placeholder filling to do too!

• @coolparadiso  Mar 1

Im here listening and doing album swap with anyone who wants to.

• @the3queens  Mar 1

me!

• @hummingbear Mar 1

I've got lots of reading/listening to do - March it is!

• @chipwithrow  Mar 1

I'll be here - I'm usually one of the last to leave the party.

• @skylermf  Mar 1

I’ll be here!

• @quintonbarnes  Mar 1

Me!

• @sherrycanary  Mar 1

Pretty busy over the weekend, but I am looking forward to lots of listening

• @garlajoie  Mar 1

Couldn't commit as wholeheartedly as I would have liked in February, so I'll for sure be spreading the love through March as much as possible.

• @theresaj  Mar 1

Will definitely be around. I didn’t get as much listening time in as I normally do so March will be perfect to catch up.

• @guatecoop  Mar 1

I will be here. I have a lot of listening to do

• @jmadison  Mar 1

I'll be here!

• @sheamiejay  Mar 1

Me too. Lots of listening to do. It’s true.

• @stephenwordsmith Mar 1

It's already March, and I'm still here...

• @pipewrench67  Mar 1

Yep, I'll stick around for a while.
    Gonna see if I can outlast @metalfoot, this year.

• @fuzzy  Mar 1

Yup, I'll be checking in for sure.

• @acromie  Mar 1

I'm gonna try to be. I didn't leave nearly enough comments or listen to enough music this month, so I feel the need to stick around. Plus, I always love to watch and see if anyone else gets around to mine after the fact. I never get a ton of comments, so it's nice to know that I might get a few for sticking it out.

• @keithcuts Mar 1

I’ll be around having a listen

• @mikeskliar  Mar 1

oh yes, i'll be here for sure!

• @sheilerk  Mar 1

I've got sooooo much listening to do, I have to hang around!

• @tamsnumber4  Mar 1

I will be around because I am behind in my listening.

• @defiantcreatrix  Mar 1

I will be here. I have my songs mostly written, but I still need to record.

• @carleybaer  Mar 1

Yep, I'll be here listening 😀

• @johnstaples  Mar 1

I'll be here!

• @metalfoot  Mar 1

I'll be around, as @pipewrench67 already noted!

• @nuerdetjuligen  Mar 1

yes! so glad so many of you will still be around.

• @sapient  Mar 1

Count me in!

• @billysea  Mar 1

I will be but going to have to wait a couple days because of my trip.

• @rayboneor  Mar 1

I just got here, really. I didn't make much music this year, but I'll be listening for at least a week. I've discovered some gems today

• @evinwolverton  Mar 1

👋🏻
    plenty of commenting ahead of me too

• @itoarazi Mar 1

I'll be here.

• @adnama17  Mar 1

Present!

• @amusia Mar 1

I will be here catching up on listening.

• @bradbrubaker  Mar 1

Yup.

• @driftwood1  Mar 1

Yup yup

• @atitlan  Mar 1

I'll be finishing off some placeholders. listening and commenting for a couple of weeks.

• @rainchaser  Mar 1

I'll be here, I need to get my comment rate back on track like it was last year!

• @jaegerin  Mar 1

I’ll be here! Feb was crazy busy, so although I did manage to get to 14 in the end I haven’t been able to listen or comment much. Will be doing that now.

• @vomvorton  Mar 1

Definitely going to be catching up on listening for a while.

• @bootlegger Mar 1

Yeah I'm all over the March listening. And I'm totally into album swaps for anyone that wants to listen through each other's entire albums.

• @infilktion Mar 1

I enjoyed listening in March last year and plan to do it again. I am also up for album listens!

• @haim  Mar 1

Definitely here for the next week or two at least.

• @adforperu  Mar 1

For sure!

• @spikedirection  Mar 1

I've not listened to as much as I wanted to do I'll be around yeah.

• @rickamorphis  Mar 1

Yes I'll be here. Some finishing and much listening to do.

• @dragondreams  Mar 1

Yep!
    Haven't listened to anywhere near enough yet! 😊😎

• @judypie  Mar 1

Yeah, I can't let go! 😁

• @chrishope Mar 1

always and april

• @audrey  Mar 1

I'll be here listening and commenting. 😀

• @ayehahmur  Mar 1

I'll be here for a couple of weeks at least.

• @elliottlawrence Mar 1

Me too, I have a ton of songs in my watchlist I need to catch up on.

• @treble  Mar 1

I'll be here listening.

• @mkd  Mar 1

I’ll be catching up on listening for a couple of weeks for sure 👍🏼

• @sailingmagpie  Mar 1

I'll be here. Lots of listening to catch up on!

• @tiller2  Mar 1

I’ll be here, listening, and finishing up.

• @donna  Mar 1

I'll be here for at least a couple of weeks, catching up on listening and commenting. I've badly neglected my watchlist.

• @ajna1960 Mar 1

Me !!

• @silvermachine  Mar 1

Yeah, but secretly. The wife has expressed her displeasure. So if anyone asks yer, I'm here looking at sheds ok

• @gbg2016  Mar 1

Me too. Catching up on comments...

• @zecoop  Mar 1

Couple days off (maybe) but here for sure... 😀

• @airbagtester  Mar 1

I'm here definitely for the first few weeks of March at least. I had such a slow start this year, and there are so many things on my list of "I need to listen to that when I get a chance..."

• @tcelliott  Mar 1

I've some unfinished business, it seems. Or, rather, I owe some ppl some time.

• @ryuu Mar 1

I'm going to try and stick around. After all, I have a few lyrics-only songs to update still, and so many songs on my watchlist alone that I haven't listened to!

• @kahlo2013  Mar 1

OF course!!! So much more to listen to!

• @philkmills  Mar 1

I expect to be around for a couple of weeks at least. I've mostly been keeping up with my watchlist and I'd like to explore a little farther than that.

• @itoarazi Mar 1

When I have spurts of time, I want to hear a lot more of everyone's tracks. It's amazing to me that I managed to get 12 songs in, despite my schedule. It doesn't end here.

• @siebass Mar 1

I'll be here. I'm offering to help finish abandoned collabs and/or unrealized songs for March, as well as finishing up a few challenges that I wanted to try and didn't get to. And listening of course. I don't think I've missed century club for any year, so I'll be looking through this thread for the many more comments I want to give before finishing up the year.

• @torniojaws  Mar 1

Time allowing, yes. Going to start at a new job so might be hectic 😀 trying to get my comments to 200

• @sueawesome  Mar 1

I am

I have a lot of catching up to do and fawmness to discover.

• @tangle  Mar 1

Meeeee. So much awesomeness to listen to. How long do songs stay up?

• @resonance  Mar 1

I'll be checking in periodically. I've got projects booked but that won't stop me from listening, reading and commenting when I can steal some moments to myself.

• @julesbf Mar 1

Always hang around in March to get some commenting done, so much amazing stuff out there still to listen to.

• @mkd  Mar 1

@tangle they stay up til about mid Jan next year! But the site gets quieter and quieter as the month of March goes on, with just a few stalwarts remaining after that. I’m looking forward to having stress-free time to listen and enjoy now!

• @psyt Mar 1

Yeah, I'll be staying for at least the rest of March. (:

• @roddy  Mar 1

I'll be here. I've got commenting to do.

• @rustyp Mar 1

I'll be in and out and around.
    I love the RSS feed 'cause I'll be able to keep up on mentions and stuff. 😀

• @howthenightcame Mar 1

Yes, I'll be dropping in when I get the chance!!

• @nikke88  Mar 1

I'll be here, not as much as in February, but still.

• @ballyhoot Mar 1

I'll be around. Would like to get my comment count up to 200. Each year, I do a little better than the previous year, so that's my current goal. I also have a locked place marker, so I might put together one last song that's been knocking about in my head.

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 1

yep i will be 😀

• @fearlessflight2014  Mar 1

I’m going to be listening in March.

• @sci Mar 1

I will listen to every song on my list (see profile for progress) no matter how long it takes.
    and I will leave comments regardless of whether the recipient will ever see them.

...but I'm super terrible at actually having things to say so this may be indistinguishable from complete inactivity.

March Comment Leaving Month: begin.
    (or as I like to call it, 1.15 km)

• @phoenixash Mar 1

It's march I'm here!

• @barbara  Mar 2

I’m still here, excited to listen!

• @standup  Mar 2

Last I looked there were 666 zongs.

Nice round number.

But working on it, as are we all (?)

• @samsorrow Mar 2

I am here too for a week or two to catch up on some listening

• @scottlake  Mar 2

Off and on. Lots of work travel

• @cts  Mar 2

Yes.

• @postcardhelicopters  Mar 2

Leaving in March is like going to a wedding and not having any cake.

• @tabitha Mar 2

Still here

• @jorh Mar 2

I’ll be here in March - had such a busy end of the month so lots of listening and commenting still to do 😀 not till Monday though a jam packed weekend again arrrrr

• @fonte Mar 2

Yep I will be here throughout March listening and commenting

• @balancelost  Mar 2

I ain't finished by a damn sight. Lot's of listening to do.

• @kovbleu  Mar 2

I'll be here!

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 2

Me too. And I will also be continuing to feature exclusively fawm 2019 songs on my music show on Spanish Rock Shot Radio every week for at least the first couple of weeks of March, and probably longer.

Personally I don't understand why anybody would leave the site in March or even April when there's so much great music to listen to, and no pressure to spend time actually writing new stuff!

• @kenjku  Mar 2

I will definitely be here to listen and comment. I saved a lot screen shots of fawmers that I wanted to check out later. Now that FAWM is over I can relax a bit. 🙂

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 2

I am here.
    Lots to listen to and still discovering new amazing artists...

• @torniojaws  Mar 2

Added some 20 more comments (all Zongs) today 😀

• @quork  Mar 2

Last year I was around till May, trying to work my way through at least one song of every FAWMer, and hanging out with the diehards. I’ll probably stick around for a couple more months this year, too.

• @ampersandman  Mar 2

Not going anywhere! I try to catch up on the listening in March.

• @auditasum Mar 2

I'm still here. I only have a few minutes to listen to songs each day, but I'm leaving comments when I can. 😀

• @kahlo2013  Mar 2

I’m listening more than commenting but will comment on ones when I know you are around! I’m still adding demos too - and am open to anyone else adding demos!

• @janeg  Mar 3

Me! I got through my watchlist, sort of, but now I will search by tags to see what I missed on topics and genres of interest. And I would still love collaborators interested in putting my lyrics to music.

• @leah0k  Mar 3

I’m back and ready to listen to lots of goodies for my ears.

I didn’t hit “the goal” in February as I kind of hit a mid month mega funk, but I am in the mood to keep writing, so I’m still happy and keeping it positive. 😀

• @pcob1993  Mar 3

I'll be around, no matter how you treat me now
    I'll be around, from now on.....
    --oh wait, that's an oldie....
    I still have so many I want to listen to and comment upon.
    A big hug to everyone for another great Fawm.
    Love
    Pearse

• @hornesgiftshop  Mar 3

I'll be here, Bill. Plenty to listen to - also re-recording decent demos of my stuff.

• @eargoggle  Mar 4

Yeah I'm finally listening to more people's great songs, i only had time to write songs in Feb I feel like...

• @timfatchen  Mar 4

Well, I'm just back, but oh! oh! oh! what a heap of Zongs! They should be fast vanishing by now, not up at over 400 godssake

• @mikedebenham  Mar 4

I'm back (after a few days down the coast escaping a heatwave) and keen to get listening.

• @madeline Mar 4

I'll be around and attempting to record full versions of the song lyrics written last month.

• @frey Mar 4

I’m sticking around, still need to listen to a lot of stuff ‘cause I haven’t been that active - except to post music. February was a very intense month for me

• @bethdesombre  Mar 4

I'm here, at least for the first half of the month.

• @ustaknow Mar 4

400+ songs, hmmm, I guess that does not mean that there's 400+ commenters as well? Oh well..., interesting, interesting, interesting 😀

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 4

Yeah, I'm still around and still discovering some great new songs.

• @timfatchen  Mar 4

Yeah well @ustaknow, you're here, I'm back, there are other grosskommentator peopel in this thread, we'll get there eventually. I admit i was surprised, though!

• @owl  Mar 4

I'm here and trying to catch up on commenting, didn't get nearly enough listening done in February this year!

• @ustaknow Mar 5

@timfatchen - you misunderstand, if there are that many..., and then?

For me, what I think I hear Bill saying is, if you're "here", to hear the feedback, so to speak, he'll then comment.

The "other" part is, again, - if there are/were 400+, then, there are ? 400 + commenters as well? However, I'll bet an internet beer, not one of the zongs is from any of the [136] commenting "here". But, that's OK. One has nothing to do with the other, possibly, apparently? Well, it would seem that way.

To me, to post a song as some do is like stamping a letter but with no address, and mailing it anyway - no chance of a reply and don't care who reads it? Interesting, interesting, interesting 😀 Not a valuation, just, very interesting, curious maybe?

• @vgenfan Mar 5

I will be here in March. Looking forward to listening!

• @howthenightcame Mar 5

@ustaknow : "I'll bet an internet beer, not one of the zongs is from any of the [136] commenting here."

You're right. I have TWO zongs but I'm still commenting when I can!!

• @timfatchen  Mar 5

Beat me to it, @howthenightcame ! Heh. Perhaps we should trot off and each bust the other's!

• @howthenightcame Mar 5

@timfatchen Oh that's hilarious. I'm on it!!

• @howthenightcame Mar 5

@timfatchen Even funnier, you beat me to it this time!! Thanks for listening

• @timfatchen  Mar 5

Still, we've just proved @ustaknow 's point. No zong remaining for me.

• @howthenightcame Mar 5

Well, he'll have to take his internet beers back then.

• @mikeb Mar 5

I'm still here. been listening to songs and ZONGs at random.

• @misterd Mar 6

I’m still tuning in regularly listening to people’s songs . So many great musicians and tunes ! Great community here !

• @torniojaws  Mar 6

Trying to break 200 comments. Getting quite close 😀

• @jonmeta  Mar 6

Moi. At 116 comments and going for 200.

• @tageule Mar 6

Thanks for starting this thread, @billwhite51 . I'm usually very slow on commenting and tend to give up soon in march cause I don't know if anyone is going to read what I write anyway. This helps.
    So yes, I'm going to stick around for a while. Still tons of songs left that I want to listen to.

• @phoenixash Mar 6

180 comments, going for 200, but have to wait a few days due to work

• @karlsburg25  Mar 6

I hit 250 comments but have lots to catch up on . Currently in China on way back to UK where I intend to have a last blast fawm Listen this weekend with my near perfect t WiFi 👍

• @quork  Mar 7

It seems a lot quieter than this time last year.

• @sherrycanary  Mar 7

I just really started listening and commenting today. Had to take a break after the intensity of FEB.
    Listening to some fabulous songs!

• @timfatchen  Mar 7

@quork That's my feeling too. The Zongs are taking a looong time to fade to near-zero; that's an indictor I'm sure.

• @standup  Mar 7

I commented on one zong tonight. I'm a little done with that. I've busted over 100 zongs, I'm focusing back on my watchlist and using the random song link, which always yields some surprises.

• @siebass Mar 7

I've mostly been working through promised March collabs and listening to folks either from this thread or the "one best song" thread; but I can always put in a zong stint tomorrow. Only 222 zongs left by March 6 isn't bad at all.

• @sherrycanary  Mar 7

@timfatchen
    Commenting has been very different this year.
    Numbers are way down. Having been through 11 FAWMs now, one of my songs was a zong for quite a while. Never happened before. I wrote a song about it 😀. I have also listened to some amazing songs tonight with maybe only 4 or 5 comments and they were so good. It's a different year

• @mikeskliar  Mar 7

there's a certain post-fawm burnout for some of us, i'm guessing (myself included) - hoping to get back to more time commenting soon tho! and yeah, every year has its own flavor. there were alot of great songs this year, that's for sure!
    and i'm gonna start soon on figuring out what are the 'best' of my songs from this one and what needs revising, rewriting, and/or re-recording, and assemble a bandcamp album as part of that album production challenge... while its always fun to do so (I've done it regularly at least once a year since 2011 or so) I do have to say that every year i get less and less downloads and interest in it. current trends continue, this year i'll be in negative numbers for downloads, etc! (ouch!)

• @ceilidh  Mar 9

Still visiting the forums and listening to everyone's faves, making comments, finding new songwriters.

• @sunnymae  Mar 10

I think there are more of us hanging around and listening to music than in the last few years. The energy still feels very vibrant. I'm enjoying it!

• @howthenightcame Mar 10

This is my first FAWM. To be honest, the level of exchange during February left me feeling a bit disappointed and I wasn't sure if it was something I was or wasn't doing... Anyway, people have said elsewhere on the forums that commenting was down this year, so I decided to stick around and see what happened after the pressure of songwriting had subsided.

I'm so glad I did!!

I've had more positive exchanges in the last week than I did during February. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here!!

• @judypie  Mar 10

@howthenightcame Ah I am happy to hear your Fawm picked up after initial misgivings. I definitely remember my first year Fawm being quieter that subsequent Fawms. Finding our feet and such I guess? Well done on sticking with it! 😀

• @leepat  Mar 10

I'll be here in April too - glad to listen to anything you want!

• @chipwithrow  Mar 10

@leepat - I would love it if folks stuck around til April. I am discovering so much amazing music by folks like you who I know I've heard before but am just now connecting with.
    Just today, I think I've commented on at least 5 songs when I've thought, "I know that FAWMer's name - wonder what he or she's up to now?"

• @leepat  Mar 10

@chipwithrow I know, right?
    There's just so many wonderful people here and so little time in February with all the writing to get to know everybody and give their work proper attention...
    It's really the community that makes fawm such a special place and it makes sense to keep the fire burning as long as possible.

• @misterd Mar 11

Yes.. March is probably a better time to listen to songs , and participate in the forum in a more relaxed way without the frenetic need to be writing songs and uploading stuff .

• @timfatchen  Mar 11

March does fell like a better time to listen, and I'm glad we're here (a little more relaxed). but I'd like to emphasise again how important it is for many people, and especially newcomers, to know they're not just shouting or singing or playing into the Great Void during February.. Which is why it's important to try balancing the writing with listening and commenting in February. An example, right here in this thread: look at @howthenightcame 's comment three or four up from here.

• @tiller2  Mar 11

I had to step away for a week to do a flurry of preparations for an annual rock jam that I organize... which took place yesterday. Exhausted but exhilarated, I'll make FAWM listening part of my recovery plan. And then there are those three "placeholder songs" that are glaring at me... time to finish stuff!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...