How do I place a Placeholder?

Skip to the bottom

• @resonut123 Feb 28

How do I place a Placeholder?
    I go into my lyric only (have music- just to sick to sing now) and select EDIT but I do not see anything denoting a placeholder???
    Is there a different procedure? or something I am missing???
    Help?
    Thanks.

• @pearlmanhattan  Feb 28

there isn't a "special button" for placeholder, but you describe that in the liner notes or lyrics or both, and you can denote it in the title such as "This is a placeholder - music coming" or something like that. once you've posted a song, you have the ability to edit it after the cutoff - so people post songs with "placeholder" so they can edit it later and add whatever is missing. Hope this helps!

• @resonut123 Feb 28

Thanks, I stumbled on it... I think?
    In EDIT and in Status, you make it Private (only to You) and it puts a lock on the song. I Think?

• @resonut123 Feb 28

Is the LOCK icon enough? (able to update & add music later?) or do I also need to put PLACEHOLDER in the Title and/or Tag?

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 28

If you put the lock icon on, then it means the title is visible to the rest of us, but we can't click into the song page until you unlock it.

the words placeholder in the title and/or tag will let people know why it's locked, which can be helpful to those who wish to comment on your work.

• @resonut123 Feb 28

But if I Unlock the song in the middle or end of March, I will be able to Update the Demo with music... right? and Save the Edit and Demo is Updated?
    Sorry, first time I had to do this... dang Bronchitis!!!

No problems @resonut123 we all get a case of the February Crud - HUGS! yes, you'll be able to edit the song in all ways in march, make it public, change the demo or lyrics, add tags. Setting it private just makes it "private" but once you have a song to lock, then it's there. Once you unlock it, be sure to share the link in the forums, in one of the "demo updated" threads so that those still around listening in March can find it! 😀

• @resonut123 Feb 28

Thanks @pearlmanhattan, I will look for the Demo Updated threads in March. Thanks for your Help.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...