Album Production Support Group

Skip to the bottom

• @tcelliott  Feb 26

Have some songs? Don't know what to do with them? Come on over to this facebook group thing and take two months to record/polish/release some new tunes.

We typically aim for an album, but if you're going for an EP or a few singles, that's cool, too. The idea is that we give each other support, help out if we can and get something to release out into the wild.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Album...

• @standup  Feb 26

I have something in the works for summer of 2019 with Nancy Rost... I'll be on the Facebook group, I'm sure.

• @tcelliott  Feb 26

Sweet!

• @glasscrow Feb 26

Oh! I'm already in, haha. I never saw the notification that I got approved. It must have been a busy week.

• @bootlegger Feb 26

Oh wow that's so cool! I'll have to check it out and at least be there for moral support for everyone.

• @keithcuts Feb 26

๐Ÿ‘

• @francessmith  Feb 26

Thanks for doing it again @tcelliott My songs this year, and for 50/90 have been very basic guitar demos, so I'll be very pleased to take part, and give all the songs a much needed production upgrade.

• @chipwithrow  Feb 26

I'm in the group, and I had good intentions when I joined. I'm going to try again. My goal this FAWM was to write with the intent of an album, rather than random songs - turned out to be more random songs, but with the common thread of all guitar/vocal. Plus, my legions of fans worldwide are awaiting a new album from me.

• @pearlmanhattan  Feb 26

My goal is 4 albums released by 50/90, I could use the motivation and accountability. Thanks. I applied to join.

• @ayehahmur  Feb 26

I'm the same as @chipwithrow. Joined last year with good intentions but totally failed to take my FAWM demos any further. This year, with better gear, I hope to make the jump at last.
    I have no fans waiting for anything from me. Boy will they be surprised!

• @andrewjtaylor  Feb 26

I'm in. Exactly what I'm able to produce will depend on my vocal health (injury the first/second week of FAWM). The ENT says things should be back to normal in around 2 weeks. Glad the challenge is extended over 2 months rather than 1.

• @tootoobee  Feb 26

I'll give it another try ๐Ÿ˜€ ... mostly girl-with-guitar this FAWM. I'd need to spend a looooooot of time making proper recordings of the guitar parts ๐Ÿ˜€ on the other hand, that's less parts to deal with for production... there is still hope!

• @krayzie003  Feb 27

I have to finish producing an album of sync music in that time period. It won't be a proper album deal was but I'll be over there and share it with the group. I also have a few other recording projects in the works but those won't be ready by then. If I can help anyone out with production on their songs I'll do that.

• @splittybooms  Feb 27

Submitted to join..
    The communities I've found since last FAWM have been outstanding for support and feeling like you're not alone making music. Shucks, i get more support from these strangers than people I know...which I'm coming to find out is how it is for most of us. So another group? I'm down!
    This one seems quite helpful - sometimes the lack of support and musical camaraderie (omg that was a HARD word to spell!!) is what stops me from doing musical things that I intend to do...just kinda lose steam and confidence. So a group that pushes eachother and will be willing ears for eachother - that sounds great.

• @tiller2  Feb 27

I tried the album-making community before and nonetheless took more than a year to finish my album. I appreciate the help I received and have learned a few things, so I will quietly rejoin, with the goal of quality over quantity. Might mean an EP or even a single, but I'm here.

• @jcooper  Feb 27

I would love support on selection of material for a stripped down album that I am planning to produce to sell at my shows at our national arts festival in July. Any suggestions or favorites you have if my songs would be much appreciated.

• @spingo  Feb 28

I ended up with a band from last yearโ€™s FAWM songs and we're doing rolling 5-song EPs, I think, so I wonโ€™t really be competing but will be around for cheering, recommending weird VSTs and IOS apps, etc.

• @ianuarius  Mar 2

I hope everyone will join http://fawm.slack.com so that we can help eachother in this massive challenge!

I'm there and willing to help anyone with Reaper questions and general mixing stuff.

• @pearlmanhattan  Mar 2

And you'll need the invite link if you don't have it - for the Slack-Chat - there are quite a few of us who hang out there an awful lot. Now that there's some free time between 50/90 and FAWM, come visit for some inspiration, motivation or just a friendly chat! http://myneighborerrol.com/wp-login.p...

• @mikeskliar  Mar 2

You know Iโ€™m in!

• @pfoo  Mar 2

I am going to try to do this. Just signed up for the FB group. I have a handful of songs that I would like to try to refine. I am really bad with social media - kind of concerned that I will fall behind on this, but we'll see what happens!

• @musicsongwriter Mar 3

Just clicked on joining.
    Nadia

• @sailingmagpie  Mar 3

I would never have released my first album (available from Bandcamp, Amazon etc and to stream on Spotify, Deezer etc. Hint! Hint! ๐Ÿ˜) without this, so I'll definitely be in this year.

• @tcelliott  Mar 3

@sailingmagpie Links or it didn't happen.

• @sailingmagpie  Mar 3

Haha, true. Here is the proof:

https://theserviettes.bandcamp.com

• @sailingmagpie  Mar 3

Seriously though, everyone should get on-board with this. Having the deadline really focuses you (much like FAWM!). It's especially good for those of us who write tunes every February, only to do nothing with them, which was definitely true of me.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 11

hi all! (well, whoever is left) So yesterday, I took one of my recordings (the song 'everything is political) and added two keyboard tracks, a bass guitar track, and an extra vocal track... made it sound a lot more 'full' and i'm thinking its possible it'll be the leadoff track to the album. Also did remixes of two other songs... starting to map out what it'll be.
    One issue, and wondering what folks thing about this- at this point i took my about 50 songs and narrowed it down to about 20- alot of the songs are short, so we're still talking about 50 minutes or so, (maybe its a quasi-double album?) Whattya think? too long?

• @siebass Mar 11

@mikeskliar I would say the CD format held between 70 and 80 minutes of music, and I'm pretty sure the Ramones put out albums with more than 20 songs. I think you are just fine.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...