How old is your pic?

Skip to the bottom

• @leomozi  Feb 12

I remember reading a couple of years ago that you shouldn’t change your FAWM profile pic from year to year, because it helps people remember you. But I’m about 10 years older and thousands of hairs fewer than the chap you’re looking at. I know it’s probably not a big deal either way but I’m just curious if other people have super-outdated profile pics on here.

• @stephenwordsmith Feb 12

Not only is my profile picture from 2011, my probation was lifted in 2017, so my picture's obsolete twice.

It's a priority thing - I'll change the picture once I've commented on all the songs in FAWM.

• @tcelliott  Feb 12

I'm not sure this is the original profile pic, but I think it is. But then, it's not a very accurate rendering....

My suggestion is to do another pic and imitate the one you have now.

• @ericdistad  Feb 12

I actually just changed my pic this year (In order to test image issues. 😀 ) Before that my profile picture hadn't changed for a good 6 years at least.

• @the3queens  Feb 13

changed my pic last year...and cut my hair for first time in years.

• @kissinginpublic  Feb 13

First and only from 2015

• @radioovermoscow Feb 13

My pic is from last year I think, but I no longer use the username for my own music outside of FAWM, but I guess I'm stuck with it here.

• @torniojaws  Feb 13

2008 or 2009, something like that 😁

• @hornesgiftshop  Feb 13

Last summer, London Improv Theatre, playing a song from last year's FAWM.

• @cbodovinitz  Feb 13

My image is about 5 years old. Still the same me, I think. I changed my profile pic to something newer one year and I noticed a huge decrease in comments from people I recognized. Probably a coincidence, but I changed it back to the old one to be safe.

• @cblack  Feb 13

Not only have I had this profile pic for years, but it's also a photo taken in around 2002... It's just the only photo of myself I have and actually like!

• @johnstaples  Feb 13

I changed my pic for the first time this year. And yes, I was a little concerned folks would not recognize my pic. But the previous one was so old...er...young!

• @valeriecox  Feb 13

I change my pic every year. As a Jurassic FAWMer who joined in 2007, I remember the day when your FAWM pic was supposed to be your album cover. I still do that, and not just because I love making album covers. Yes it is.

• @darkmantle  Feb 13

I updated the pic this year, with a picture taken in June.

My last profile pic was from 2008, even though I joined in 2016, it was an old pic even then.

• @scottlake  Feb 13

<— been using this one for several years. Gray beard and baldness don’t show on it so well

• @standup  Feb 13

Mine is probably from 4 years ago...

• @spingo  Feb 13

8 months, maybe? I came in after that suggestion and changed it from last year. I try and keep them current.

• @dasbinky  Feb 13

Mine's current.

• @bootlegger Feb 13

I don't think I've ever changed my profile Pic. Maybe once. So this one's pretty old for sure.

• @fuzzy  Feb 13

I don't remember; mine's probably about seven years old.

• @oneslowtyper  Feb 13

I think mines about 6 or 7 years old... and of course, for these cold winter months I'm always sporting a full salt and pepper beard, heavy on the salt.

• @billwhite51 Feb 13

one year. it is the cover for my 2018 fawm album.

• @coolparadiso  Feb 13

2019 caricature pic of me getting on the Fawm bus!

• @rainchaser  Feb 13

Mine is from last year. I definitely need to change it, i now sport a beard which I'm not sure of keeping any longer. I also wear smarter clothes too. I'm thinking of showing my next pic with me holding up a guitar!

• @leomozi  Feb 13

@dasbinky, your picture is ever-current because it expresses a universal and timeless truth... Coincidentally, I’m feeling quite peckish after tonight’s crucifix desecration.

• @leomozi  Feb 13

(For anyone who’s offended, I have Catholic joke immunity due to my upbringing.)

• @scottlake  Feb 13

@leomozi what’s a guy from Denver doing using the word “peckish”? Wallace and Grommet fan perhaps?

• @leomozi  Feb 13

@scottlake I probably did pick it up from Wallace!

• @sapient  Feb 13

I love these little bites of history from everyone... 😉
    Mine is from two years ago: a selfie taken during the recording of the last Abomnium album A Hollow Path at Skyhammer Studio in north-west England.

• @pearlmanhattan  Feb 13

I change my pic every year. This year, it's the cover of one of the three albums I'm writing during fawm.

• @nikke88  Feb 13

My picture is from the last summer. We had a gig at our friends summer party, and one of my friends took this picture of me during the show. For some reason I like that picture.

I tend to change my picture every year before February because, well, I have changed between FAWMs also.

And I don't really have (and never had) lots of faithful listeners, so there really isn't anyone to confuse in the first place.

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 13

New pic every year for me...

• @vomvorton  Feb 13

I tend to change every year too. These kittens didn't even exist last February!

• @mkd  Feb 13

It’s only my second year, and the same pic, though it’s a pic from about 4 years ago of my son, then almost 2yo, playing his uke on a high windowledge, looking very pleased with himself. My only concern with it is that it may make folks think I’m male, when I’m not, but then they only have to listen to my music to realise that perhaps.

• @adforperu  Feb 13

I change my picture every year with what will be my album front cover (not much thought goes into, but it's always s picture I've taken during the previous year)

• @axl  Feb 13

My current picture was taken last year although I’m still seeing my old picture on this iPhone because Safari apparently still has it in its cache.

• @pipewrench67  Feb 13

The first year 2015 I used an image the second year I embellished it slightly, the plan was to change it slightly every year, but the computer and program used to create it are gone, so I've stayed with the second image since ( I may try to figure out a way to alter it slightly after this year, I dunno).

• @dragondreams  Feb 13

My current pic was taken at Christmas 2018. And it's the first time my face has appeared as a FAWM profile pic anyway. In the past it has usually been my big, hairy hand clutching a six string piccolo bass...

• @lemonstar Feb 13

26-Oct-18 in the graveyard outside the Brontë museum in Haworth, West Yorkshire.

• @timfatchen  Feb 13

About 5 -6 years old, but there's no change that would show. Hat has moths now, though, clothes still the same (been cleaned a few times. I think. Hope.)

• @frenchcricket  Feb 13

from last year when I (ill-advisedly) cut my own bangs

• @morti  Feb 13

2009, I think? I should probably change it. It's my Twitter picture as well for no particular reason.

• @aflinner  Feb 13

Yeah, I’ve had the same thought...I know that for myself, seeing the profile pictures of others jogs my memory a bit, which is why I’ve never changed mine (at least a decade old).

I think of it kinda like a brand thing...if a McDonald’s changed its sign to a lower case “m” in a different color scheme, and I drove by it, having not been in the area for a year, I probably wouldn’t remember that it was a place I could get a happy meal. (What? I know, that’s how my brain works.)

• @chipwithrow  Feb 13

Cool thread, cool stories!
    I think one FAWM a few years ago I used a piece of my daughter's art as my profile pic, because it was also the album cover/theme for that FAWM.
    Other than that, it's been a picture of me with guitar or banjo in hand. My daughter took this one a few months ago. Last year and maybe the year before I used a self-portrait I drew.
    I like seeing others' faces in their pics, but I know people have their reasons (as did I, one year). These days - say, the last 15 years or so - I'm pretty happy with how I look in photos.

• @tesla3090  Feb 13

I created mine in 2010 I think? So it would have gone up on the site in 2011. It is my arm, but it was before the tattoo, so I should probably update.

• @heuristicsinc  Feb 13

Haha, I joined the site in 2011 and I hjaven't changed it since, but the photo itself is from AmbientLive 2004... so yeah, pretty different.

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 13

I think I put a picture of myself one FAWM but this little bird is cuter than me.

• @jamkar  Feb 13

I am current. I try to stay that way, or at least keep up appearances.

• @spinhead Feb 13

Mine is 4 or 5 years old. I keep trying to update it to the new and, ahem, improved Joel, but it won't take. (I started a thread elsewhere about it but all the helpful suggestions are dying on the vine.)

I'm much better looking now. Just take my word for it.

• @postcardhelicopters  Feb 13

I've always been a blob of colored lights. The warm glow never seems to fade, fortunately. Probably not until the heat death of the universe.

• @judypie  Feb 13

Its always a picture WHO has taken the previous year @adforperu ? Mine is 3 years old since that’s when I joined. But no one wants to see ma new wrinklezzzzz.

• @tawny249  Feb 14

Notwithstanding the randomly assigned FAWM valentine's heart...my usual pic is the same one I started with. I happen to like my elf. She's a character of mine, and the pic was a commission. 😀

• @faceofeinstein  Feb 14

I changed mine last year. Before that it was an Einstein action figure with an electric guitar.

• @ustaknow Feb 15

Yesterday, it was hours old, -- now gone 😝

• @leomozi  Feb 15

@tawny249,your elf is great! And she doesn’t look a day over 130.

• @erikdidriksen  Feb 15

The photograph is from early 2007. Next year, the picture will be a teenager, as is the version of me in the photo.

• @lemonstar Feb 15

@postcardhelicopters you have one of the profile pics I like the best.

• @acromie  Feb 15

I updated mine, but now it's timeless. (c:

Either way, odd for me, because I'm super visual, but I seem to remember people more by their username than by the pic.

• @paulhenry  Feb 15

Meh. A few more age spots. Still married. Same guitar. I'm good.

• @robynmackenzie  Feb 15

The pic is from like early 2010 when I was still playing with a country band. I've changed the picture a few times but haven't found another photo I like quite as much. I've gained a few tattoos (and pounds) since then.

• @fourzeroes  Feb 15

I drew this one in January. I thought it was like an album cover, so I try to do a new one every FAWM.

• @shortdan  Feb 16

I've changed mine every year I think. This year I decided nobody really needed to see my ugly mug anymore so I've gone abstract. Ha!

• @frenchcricket  Feb 16

I always thought that @burrsettles should let us have separate album art and user pics for this reason (confusion and continuity)

• @metalfoot  Feb 16

My image is from my one-and-only live concert last May, so this is the first FAWM with it, but it's definitely still me!

• @tootoobee  Feb 16

Summer 2017 ... but THIS picture would probably not look much different if we'd take it again 😀

• @tawny249  Feb 16

Lol, @leomozi...she's actually a normal human age. 😁 Not exactly like Tolkien-style elves. Kind of a combo of those and Santa elves...i.e., very short but still graceful. She's 4 feet tall. ...I will stop now. 😝

• @jonmeta  Feb 16

Feb. 2016. When these glasses break I'll get a new one.

• @risbon Feb 16

Same here, 10 years old. I still look the same, still have the hat, sunglasses and camel pack too!!

• @ryako  Feb 16

I change my pic every year. In the last year and a bit, I've lost a sizeable chunk of weight and I'm happy to have cheekbones. (I also switched up my skincare routine!) This pic was taken right before February.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...