Anyone Watching the Grammy's???

Skip to the bottom

• @nuerdetjuligen  1 week

Guilty? Not Guilty? Either way. It's a pleasure!

Loving it. And SO Excited for both Motown and Dolly Parton Tributes. PLUS OMG Michelle Obama!!! Also Alisha Keys is STUNNING and that green silk suit is giving me everything. And Camilla And Ricky and Bad Bunny and YT in "Havana" -- what a broadway way to start.

Anyone else watching? Any comments? Favorite Songs? Favorite New Artists? Favorite Outfits? 😀

• @pearlmanhattan  1 week

I am watching it. Loved it so far. Loved the sentiments being shared. Instead of my usual jealousy and grumpiness, ...i'm feeling encouraged and lifted up.

And Janelle Monae!!! She's enough to lift and encourage anyone!

• @sherrycanary  1 week

Dolly Parton tribute with Dolly was so good

• @wistah  1 week

I am!!!! I love Kacey Musgraves so much. And Post Malone was surprisingly entertaining. And the Dolly tribute was fun!

Dolly was so amazing! I wish it had been 3 times as long.

And HER is channeling Prince right now. <3

• @onewholovesrock 1 week

I am. I don’t listen to any of these artists very often. But it’s been ok. I can’t believe the amount of songwriting credits on these songs. How can 8 people write one song? Anyway. I feel there’s been more actual live performances this year than in recent years.

• @lvgd09  1 week

I'm watching Warriors Basketball but I switched over in time for Lady Gaga right now. Pretty good.

• @acromie  1 week

I was, and then I figured I'd better get some of these songs recorded so I could finally post.

• @johnstaples  1 week

Loved the Motown tribute and Dolly tribute! Brandi Carlisle did an awesome performance of The Joke! Was hoping John Prine would win something. All in all quite fun!

• @scottlake  1 week

Go back and watch some old Dolly Parton music vids. Killer on classical guitar while playing with like 1” long fingernails on her fretting hand! Mad skillz

• @adforperu  1 week

I've seen the Dua Lipa/St Vincent performance which looked great. Glad Kacey Musgraves album won, I don't tend to like any country, but that album is incredible.

@onewholovesrock - I don't really get why people have a problem with multiple song writers (not saying that you do necessarily). Why does there seem to be elitism in music when it comes to collaboration? Music is generally written differently (and creditted differently) these days. Imagine you've got the main artist and two song-writers/friends writing a track at the piano. They then take it to the studio where 2 producers work on the track, adding their own bits and pieces. They have someone on synth, guitar, drums and they all write some of their own parts. A featured artists writes the chorus. There's a sample in there that was originally creditted to 4 songwriters. Hell, even an engineer in there might have said "what if you change it to this chord?"; it all starts adding up, and if it sounds good, who really care

• @frenchcricket  1 week

@adforperu and then you have the guy that says, 'oh shit, this sounds like Right Said Fred'

• @corinnecurcio 1 week

I watched so I could see my girl Gaga win 3 Grammys. I'm glad she did a rock version of "Shallow" so the traditionalists can see her do the song with Bradley Cooper at the Oscars like they did it in the movie. I thought there were some really good performances last night. I could have done without JLo's Vegas act. What on earth was she doing in a Motown tribute?

• @valeriecox  1 week

@corinnecurcio I didn't get the J-Lo Motown tribute either. How does she represent Motown exactly? I'm weirded out by that.

• @johnstaples  1 week

C'mon, J. Lo killed! Amazing performance! I see there is a big ol' "scandal" on the internet but she was awesome and Berry Gordy loved it! Smokey Robinson said,

“I don’t think anyone who is intelligent is upset, I think anyone who is upset is stupid.”

• @valeriecox  6 days

I don't think anyone said J-Lo isn't a great performer or that she didn't sing well. I think there were better and more obvious choices for a Motown Tribute. They also had a Dolly tribute where Dolly was the main guest. Well, Smokey and Diana Ross, actual Motown artists, were at the Grammy's, why didn't they just have them lead the tribute? I didn't get it. I don't get it. I stand by my opinion that there were better choices for it.

• @onewholovesrock 6 days

@adforperu . No I don’t care how many people get writing credits for one song.

• @adforperu  6 days

Sorry it wasn't a rant at you @onewholovesrock, but it did remind of a general rant I wanted to have 😂

• @krayzie003  6 days

I only got to watch part of it before being called away to help a friend out. I loved the performance by Alicia Keys with 2 pianos. Dianna Ross looked very classy and put on a great performance. Lady Gaga was over the top as usual, but that bejeweled microphone and stand were truly the star of that performance for me lol. Just to be clear... I do love Gaga's music but she's a bit out there. As much as I don't care for drake I have to give him mad respect for encouraging young up and coming artists to push on and create music and art no matter what others think. Finally, I didn't get to see this part but I was glad to hear that a country act actually got Album Of The Year. Go Dan and Shay!

• @cts  6 days

I gave up on watching the Grammys several years ago. It just didn't care too much to sit through all the pomp and circumstance. I do check the official site to see the winners afterwards.

• @tcelliott  6 days

Flipped back and forth a bit. I'm gonna find the video of Brandi Carlile performing. I've heard it was very good.

• @powerstars 6 days

Always happy to see the Peppers, even if it was a complete shift from the rest of Post Malone's bit.

• @scottlake  6 days

Didn’t even know they were on. Gave up when they jacked up the Sting/Allison Krauss performance years ago. Not so sure Smokey can sing any longer. Being from Detroit, Motown is in my blood.

• @onewholovesrock 6 days

@adforperu I’m a rock guy. I was listening to one of my favorite Rock talk radio programs today. The host brought up the same topic I did about all the songwriting credits. He also brought up how most songs even had multiple artists listed. We’re used to Rock bands/musicians that mostly write their own songs. Usually between only a few writers tops. It just seemed odd having all those names attached to a single song. Definitely something the “music business” would do.

• @krayzie003  6 days

@onewholovesrock welcome to the new norm. This has been happening for a while now. Even in country music there are songs with a ton of writers and producers. This was my first time watching the Grammy's so I'm not sure if they always list all of the writers like that or if it's a new format.

• @scottlake  6 days

As for artists performing others' songs: It's only the last 40 years or so where artists would write their own. Bob Dylan was one of the early folks that kind of set the world on edge performing his own stuff.
    Before that, it was pretty rare, honestly.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...