Fawmsomnia

Skip to the bottom

• @judypie  1 week

Anyone?! We’re coming up til 1am and I can’t shut my mind off. It’s just looping songs I’ve done or ideas I have for tomorrow. I used to suffer insomnia but cured myself by getting rid of caffeine (who knew?) so this is a bit of a flashback! Does anyone else’s mind loop music?! How do I get it to stfu?🤔 It’s like when I got hooked on candy crush and all I could see when I shut my eyes were candy formations 😁

• @petemurphy  1 week

Yeah, same here. I've just been doing some commenting, and now I'm sitting in bed with an acoustic guitar, working on lyrics.

Looks like I'm not too far from you, so almost 1am here, too.

• @oneslowtyper  1 week

I've never been a good "sleeper"... about 3 hours, then I wake and try to keep my brain on "idle" and go back to sleep. During FAWM, my brain is usually in overdrive the minute my head hits the pillow. Usually take a few Advil PM to help knock me out.

• @judypie  1 week

Hey Pete! This bout of insomnia wouldn’t be so bad if I had my earphones with me so I could at least get some listens in. My partner is sound asleep so I dare not disturb him. Good for you burning the midnight oil and getting your Fawm on round the clock! I think I need to take a day off to rest my mind maybe! 🤔 I came outta the starting blocks way quicker than previous years.

• @ianuarius  1 week

Yea, I'm consistently going to bed after 4am. Yaa-awn!

• @judypie  1 week

Woah, now 4 is just taking the piss ianaurius! You reminded me I have some zopiclone in the house oneslowtyper! Now that is a magical sleeping pill but I think I’ll give it a couple more hours before I reach for drugs!

• @ianuarius  1 week

Well yea, the FAWMtalk starts at 2am the days next week so whattahell. I'll keep myself up. 😁

• @judypie  1 week

Interesting choice of timeslot! I wish I could keep myself down ffs😛

• @ianuarius  1 week

It is what it is. Last time we did this 2014, @tcelliott was waking up like 5am every day so we could stream. So, back then it was like 2pm for me. Now it's 5pm for him and 2am for me. It's as good as it gets.

• @audrey  1 week

I have this issue too, big time. But I've learned that if I've got melodies running through my brain, it's impossible to sleep, so I shut them off by reading a book using a book-light hooked onto my book so I don't wake my husband. Reading fiction takes me into a different world and distracts me from my FAWM excitement. It usually works for me.

• @timfatchen  1 week

While I can, I'm running from about 7am to 1am. The music runs all the time, always, FAWM or no FAWM. But what I find here is I finish something at 11:30 pm, quick check of the next day's newspaper, then a little listening and commenting and suddenly i realise its past 1am. I can get totally lost in the music.

• @kissinginpublic  1 week

Feeling it tonight. On a listening binge. So much good stuff this year... Lots of FAWMers back stronger than ever!

• @frenchcricket  1 week

yup - very familiar with this phenomenon

• @corinnecurcio 1 week

I did that my first few years of FAWMing. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to lay down a bass track or something, much to the consternation of my partner!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...