Badass Riff Tournament โ€“ entrants needed (and judges)

Skip to the bottom

• @oddbod  1 week

Entries now closed

Round 1 Draw -

Judges: @xfloorpunchx @adforperu @tcelliott @scottlake and me @oddbod

The rules:

1. You only have to write a riff, not a whole song
    2. It has to be a Guitar riff
    3. Each entry can be up to 20 seconds long
    4. Entries can be either just solo Guitar or with any kind of backing โ€“ but not vocals
    5. No limitations on FX

The deadline for round 1 entries is 20.00 (GMT - London) on Sunday 10 February.
    To work out what time that is in your particular time zone use this - https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...

• @thelostcartographer  1 week

I'll play

• @tcelliott  1 week

Muahahaha

• @oddbod  1 week

@tcelliott do I take it you're in TC?

• @xfloorpunchx 1 week

I'm in for judging ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @adforperu  1 week

I'll judge!

• @dragondreams  1 week

I'm in! ๐Ÿ˜

• @torniojaws  1 week

Sounds fun! I'll join as a riffer ๐Ÿ˜‰
    We used to have a long-running event like this in a Finnish musicians' forum and they were really popular for quite long. I think we eventually had something like 75 rounds ๐Ÿ˜€ In those, the winner of the previous event decided the theme for the next round. One memorable theme was: "Elephants marching" ๐Ÿ˜

• @oddbod  1 week

sorry that went wrong - ignore

• @dasbinky  1 week

I'll throw in some riffery.

• @oddbod  1 week

oooh this is filling up quicker than anticipated.
    I'm gonna assume @sapient and @iwilleatyou are both in unless they tell me they're not.
    Let's see if we can get to 16 entrant then.

• @sapient  1 week

I'm in! ๐Ÿ˜

• @stevenwesleyguiles  1 week

@oddbod of course Iโ€™m in for this!!!!!

Also, how about anyone who is eliminated then joins the judging panel?

• @headfirstonly  1 week

I'm in!

• @oddbod  1 week

@stevenwesleyguiles hmmm, I probably haven't really thought through the logistics of this as it is! Not sure I want to complicate things any more.

We could consider upping the judges to 5 if more people want to, but my initial thoughts were - the simpler, the better

• @dragondreams  1 week

If I get knocked out I'll be too sulky and depressed to be a judge... ๐Ÿ˜‰

*joke!*

• @oddbod  1 week

Okay cool - we're up to 9 so far (assuming @iwilleatyou is in but somehow I can't see him wussing out).
    I'm thinking possibly 16 max otherwise it might get a bit unwieldy, but lets see.

• @ampersandman  1 week

In for a riff!

• @oddbod  1 week

BTW, is 20 seconds okay as a good riff time limit?

• @dragondreams  1 week

I'm cool with 20 seconds.

My question is... do we have to present a new riff at each round, or is it just the one riff for the duration?

• @oddbod  1 week

@dragondreams I think it has to be a new riff each round

• @dragondreams  1 week

@oddbod - also cool. Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜€

@oddbod Agreed. Simpler IS better. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I'm open to whatever. I love this idea.
    And I'm in. Just, uh, don't put me in against @sapient in round 1....

๐Ÿ˜‰

• @tcelliott  1 week

Yeah, I'll participate (as you intimated.) At the very least I'll help someone get to round two.

• @driftwood1  1 week

Production limitations tend to keep me in the folky range during fawm, but I enjoy a good crushing riff. I'm down to compete if you still need some fodder for the cannons.

Hey @downfallroad, you in?

• @oddbod  1 week

4 more places left......and (at least) 1 more judge needed

@stevenwesleyguiles that'll be down to the luck of the draw

• @tcelliott  1 week

If you get enough contestants and need a judge I'll do either.

• @oddbod  1 week

@tcelliott okay thanks TC - we'll see how things pan out

• @downfallroad  1 week

@thelostcartographer Is there a time limit? I won't be able to get to this until the weekend. Is that ok?

• @haim  1 week

Haha that's awesome! I wanna join. I'm not the best guitarists but it sounds like a lot of fun! refreshing! Put me in please!

• @oddbod  1 week

@downfallroad there will be a time limit although I'm not sure when that will be yet. This is a "learn as you go" thing for me!

If we can get all the entrants confirmed in the next 24 hours (I think that's doable), then I'm figuring the deadline for Round 1 riffs to be posted will be -
    22.00 (GMT) Sunday 10th Feb - or whatever is the equivalent in your time zone. That would give everyone about 48 hours

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...

• @downfallroad  1 week

@oddbod sweet. I'm in

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

Please. I'll kick all of your asses. In fact you might as well just ditch the tournament and crown me already.

• @oddbod  1 week

@iwilleatyou ain't you never heard the expression "pride comes before a fall"? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

No i never did. Aint you never heard aint aint a word?

• @oddbod  1 week

It is in London Town guvnor gor blimey 'ow's yer father...
    just ask Dick Van Dyke

O my gosh. There's already metal trash talk!
    My trash talk will be made via glorious riffs.
    Trashy, glorious, garage-y riffs.

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

@oddbod
    Well yo here in the States bro it aint hellatite aight?
    So I have until 10pm Sunday to post a riff? Can you pair me up with an acoustic player for the first round? Thanks.

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

@stevenwesleyguiles Bow out now while you can. With me here all will fall.

• @dragondreams  1 week

I'll go acoustic if that levels the playing field... ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

You know what would be bad ass? If someone entered with a banjo.

• @haim  1 week

@dragondreams lol.

• @dragondreams  1 week

I have a banjitar... ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @oddbod  1 week

@dragondreams you should see a doctor about that
    *roll....crash*

• @dragondreams  1 week

True story... on Monday my doctor told me "you're not like normal people..." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• @oddbod  1 week

3 (possibly 4) slots still available
    ...and 1 Judge needed

I'll be offline now for a couple of hours or so

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

Can i fill up two slots and compete against myself?
    Ok ok...i'll shut up.

• @sapient  1 week

@iwilleatyou - banjo? Don't tempt me. I also have an electric mandolin. And loadsa pedals... ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿคช๐Ÿค˜

• @dragondreams  1 week

I have an electric uke... And I build the world's best valve amps... ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

BADASS BANJITAR RIFFS!!!

There really is no rule as to what INSTRUMENT plays the riff. Sure, we were maybe assuming it would be a GUITAR, but as we know, FAWM is all about the exploration and challenging the boundaries and whatnot.

Bring your mighty badass riffery on whatever instrument you so choose!

• @dragondreams  1 week

Ooh... sadly, the opening post does say "guitar only" @stevenwesleyguiles - otherwise I'd be using the instrument I'm actually any good with (bass) . ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @radioovermoscow 1 week

As the one coined the term (at least for FAWM) I guess I'm in.

• @silvermachine  1 week

Count me in, chaps. I would be miffed if I never riffed.

• @oddbod  1 week

Okay, looks like we have 16 but we're still a judge short.

Alternatively, we need one more entrant and @tcelliott has said he will take on the Judge role

• @ustaknow 1 week

Hey, I just happened to see this, browsing - unless you get someone else, I'll judge; you say you need a third,
    -- I don't really know any of the entrants, so won't care who it is, no bias, and arguably I am a guitar player so can appreciate the effort; if that matters.

The thing is of all the presently 13 entrants, finding all submissions "here" one submitted, or in a new Post Only thread? Or, 13 individual threads and just tally the votes -+ in each separate submission thread?

I did a Harmonica Riff Thread about 2 years ago ? here... I sponsored it and compiled the entrants, -- it took some time; just say'in...

If the number of entrants grows, then I'll bow out since won't have the time; so up to 15 - 20 ish, but not 50 ๐Ÿ˜‰ someone else would have to jump in.

If nothing else, -- maybe that helps? ๐Ÿ˜€ You decide ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, then too, at the end to compile all into one track, dB leveled -- well, I still get hits on my Harp Comp on SC; so just a suggestion to memorialise it.

@dragondreams it doesn't say you CAN'T use banjo. just that it can't be the only instrument.

What would stop you from having one guitar track playing the riff and FORTY playing the sweet banjitar?

NOTHING. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @dragondreams  1 week

@stevenwesleyguiles - I like the way your mind works! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐ŸŽธ

• @oddbod  1 week

@ustaknow it's a knock tournament. Round 1 will be 16, Round 2 will down to 8, then 4, then 2 in the final. So a total of 30 riffs over I guess the next 10 or so days.
    It would be better to have someone who can commit to the whole thing. I think if you're at all unsure about the numbers then I'd rather see if someone else throws their hat into the ring.

@iwilleatyou
    The only bowing will be the bowing of my bow as I play sweet riffs with a bow on my guitar/ukulele/banjitar/drum set.

• @oddbod  1 week

1 judge required

....or 1 more entrant

• @fulanin 1 week

I'm in

• @dragondreams  1 week

@fulanin - yay! When does the draw take place, @oddbod?
    My acoustic guitar is waiting to crush these electrical guitar philistines! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @joycamp 1 week

I shall riff

• @scottlake  1 week

Just seeing this now. I accept a position in the tournament as a personal challenge. If I were unable to participate and would be able to fulfill the role of a judge, I would like to have a working definition of โ€˜riffโ€™ by which to judge the entries. My personal definition may be different than the entrants and I would like to resolve that prior to the contest. My definition would be that the riff is an identifiable, often short (relative to song length) melodic element that drives the character of the song. Examples would be: 4 bar repeating riff of AC/DCโ€™s Back in Black, descending arpeggio at end of each chorus of โ€˜Helpโ€™ by the Beatles, doubles bass&guitar of verses of โ€˜Drive My Carโ€™ also by the Beatles, opening arpeggios of โ€˜Ticket to Rideโ€™ also by the Beatles, opening of โ€˜Helier Skelterโ€™ also by the Beatles, opening chords of Van Halenโ€™s โ€˜Running with the Devilโ€™ but not the solo from โ€˜Eruptionโ€™, opening arpeggios from โ€˜Girl Inform Meโ€™ by

• @scottlake  1 week

The Shins, various elements of Couldnโ€™t Stand the Weather, by SRV, particularly the doubled bass and guitar part, R U Mine? By Arctic Monkeys, where the whole song is a massive riff. Thatโ€™s my definition. Anyone else have different ideas of what a riff is?

• @joycamp 1 week

@scottlake good point. In my mind a riff is NOT a solo or a lick.

• @oddbod  1 week

Okay we're sorted - we have 16 riffers and 3 judges.

@tcelliott TC I take it you're okay to fill in as third Judge?

@joycamp you sound like a likely contender so I'm going to withdraw and let you have my spot. I've enough on my plate managing this thing.

As I've bowed out, I'll make the draw and post it up tomorrow about 10am GMT.
    Good luck everyone - Riff hard but riff fair....I want a good clean fight....okay not that clean

• @oddbod  1 week

@scottlake Scott, let me see about extending the judge numbers to 5.
    But we don't want to start a philosophical debate about what is and isn't a riff. This isn't about definitions, it's about guitars.
    It's judging by your own criteria, your gut instinct as to what sounds best to you and what hits you in the feels.

• @sapient  1 week

BRING IT ON ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿค˜

• @haim  1 week

@oddbod please give us enough time, a day or two would be great to not pressure the fawm schedule I think. Have fun arranging this man.
    Thanks for doing this, gonna be awesome! Ready to loooose? jajaja. Clean fight.. fair fight.

• @joycamp 1 week

@oddbod
    I feel bad you are giving up your spot for me. I didnt' get to see this until late because I live in Australia. Thanks for letting me participate.

@scottlake My definition would be 'if I can't play it, it's not a riff'. As in, I can't really play guitar solos ๐Ÿ˜

• @tcelliott  1 week

@oddbod - Yup

• @dragondreams  1 week

I have a question about how we are going to post simultaneously, in the interests of fairness.

Here's what I mean.

Suppose I get drawn against Lord @sapient in round 1 and I decide to take it easy on him. I blat out a riff but hang on to it. Lord Sapient, trembling with fear, gives it everything he's got in order to be sure of being in with a chance.
    Lord Sapient posts first. I listen, think, "damn, he's been practising!" then go and soak my fingers in crystal meth, add more plutonium to my amp, triple the number of fx, and come up with a new and improved riff.

I'm not saying anyone *would* do that (innocent whistle)... ๐Ÿ˜‰

But how can we be sure that there is no room for anyone to call foul?

Bear in mind, all the above is tongue in cheek, and I have huge respect for Peter as a guitarist! Jury's still out on his bass playing though... ๐Ÿ˜‚

How will the submissions work? Not as songs on FAWM, right?

• @oddbod  1 week

@dragondreams I have been thinking about this, although I'm not sure there's a satisfactory solution.
    Everyone needs to post their riff on their own page, but because of time differences, I don't think a limited "time window" in which to post it is workable.
    I think I'm just going to set a time deadline and everyone just has to have posted their riff by then.
    I'll post the draw in the next 2 to 3 hours and set out the guidelines as well.

• @oddbod  1 week

@radioovermoscow Yes - I think they should be posted on FAWM. I know they're not full songs but it's a FAWM thing.

• @dragondreams  1 week

@oddbod Fair enough. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Right, I'm nipping to the shop for some plutonium and crystal meth. Anybody want anything picking up while I'm out? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž

• @sapient  1 week

@dragondreams - cheating? During FAWM? The very thought!!!
    The hows and wheres of posting this stuff is important. I confess that my brain is so engaged on RIFFAGE that I would likely forget to even think about cheating ๐Ÿ˜

"Jury's still out on his bass playing though."
    Trash talk time eh?
    Pah! Bass is just that big guitar that doubles the RIFF but octaves below it... ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @adforperu  1 week

You know who would be good at this? @tinam. I miss @tinam ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @oddbod  1 week

Entrants: @joycamp @thelostcartographer @dragondreams @torniojaws @dasbinky @sapient @iwilleatyou @stevenwesleyguiles @headfirstonly @ampersandman @driftwood1 @haim @downfallroad @radioovermoscow @silvermachine @fulanin

Judges: @xfloorpunchx @adforperu @tcelliott @scottlake and me @oddbod

Round 1 Draw -

Okay so here how I figure it will work.

1. Write and record your riff then post it on FAWM as you would any other song. You can give it whatever title you like but tag it โ€“ badassriffcontest

2. You can post it anytime between now and the deadline. The deadline is 20.00 (GMT - London) on Sunday 10 February. Youโ€™ll have to work out what time that is in your particular time zone. This will help - https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...

3. Once youโ€™ve posted it, copy the link to the (riff) song page and send it with your FAWM username to โ€“ badassriff at mail dot com

4. When I have everyoneโ€™s links, Iโ€™ll create another thread

• @oddbod  1 week

grrr *darn Fawm forum cut-off bug*

4. When I have everyoneโ€™s links, Iโ€™ll create another thread in the forum titled โ€œBadass Riff Tournament โ€“ Round 1โ€. This will contain all the round 1 matches with their appropriate riff links in one easy place.

Now the Judging

1. Each judge listens to both riffs for every match and makes a decision as to the winner. What criteria you use to make that decision is entirely up to you.

2. Each Judge then sends their list of winners to the same email as above - badassriff at mail dot com

3. Once all the judgeโ€™s decisions are in, Iโ€™ll post the results. And then itโ€™s on to the next round.

NB - Judges donโ€™t have to reveal their decisions or explain the reasons behind them, unless of course they particular feel inclined to do so.

• @xfloorpunchx 1 week

Awesome @oddbod ! Can't wait to listen to thoses Badass riffs ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @sapient  1 week

@oddbod - a very big thank you for setting this up and organising us. This is a good thing you are doing ๐Ÿ˜

Now, may the bestest, baddest RIFF win!

• @oddbod  1 week

@adforperu I was thinking the exact same thing earlier

• @dragondreams  1 week

@oddbod - Many thanks for all your work on this! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @oddbod  1 week

Cheers guys,
    I'm particularly proud of my MS Excel spreadsheet Draw Chart. I literally spent minutes slaving over this when I should have been working on something much duller.

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

So did I win?

Oh man, now I've got to write a really good one

• @dragondreams  1 week

Do we have to strip to our undies and do one of them public weigh-ins? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• @oddbod  1 week

BTW If you go and check out your opponentโ€™s songs to see what youโ€™re up against, why not leave a comment on at least one of them while youโ€™re there.

• @fulanin 1 week

I have a question: we have to write a 4 or 8 bar riff that repeats itself or we can evolve it into a second riff?

• @silvermachine  1 week

How strict is this 20 second limit?
    If I go like 5 seconds over will I be
    Disqualified? I cant play as fast as these younger blokes.

• @fulanin 1 week

@silvermachine I was thinking about the same. Maybe a number of bars limit would help.
    It could have a 20 second limit or x bars limit.

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

In my opinion, a challenge is a challenge....keep it 20 seconds or less.

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

@silvermachine It doesn't have to be fast. 20 seconds is enough for a bar and a bit more for a moderate bpm riff.
    It would suck if judging a riff would be based on speed. Speed is cool but there is way more to it to than speed alone to get a good riff going.

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

@oddbod What do you mean by 3. Once youโ€™ve posted it, copy the link to the (riff) song page? Do you mean post a link to this thread?

• @haim  1 week

Question. Does the riff will be one riff for the whole turnament? Or does we write new riff for each phase? Thanks.

Better be new riffs for each round! I like my riff for the first round, but I know I'm capable of more badassery.

• @oddbod  1 week

@fulanin you can do whatever you think constitutes a riff. As long as it doesn't infringe the 20 second rule (see next reply) you're okay.

@silvermachine if you go slightly over 20 seconds then that's okay. Let's not get too strict - this is meant to be fun!
    To my mind though, 5 seconds over is pushing the boundaries of what's reasonable too far - that's 25% more. Be fair, use some common sense and above all, don't take the micky.

@iwilleatyou I mean - send the URL (of your song/riff page) to the email address I've provided

@haim @radioovermoscow it's a new riff for every round

• @oddbod  1 week

@downfallroad your riff is 49 seconds! Please read the rules. There's a 20 second limit. I suggest you do some editing or think again

• @oddbod  1 week

Sorry, i don't mean to get all heavy on your asses but to avoid handing your opponent an easy victory.....PLEASE READ THE RULES - see the first post in this thread

• @oddbod  1 week

@scottlake hey Scott, can you just confirm you're all okay being a judge here?

@oddbod in @downfallroad 's defence, the riff is played about six times in that 49 seconds.

• @gregwere 1 week

I'm in - but have no idea what I need to do - do you send a link or instructions or something.

• @gregwere 1 week

whoops looks like I was too late. Sorry.

• @oddbod  1 week

@radioovermoscow maybe, but the 20 second rule was there from the start. You can't ignore it for one - it's not fair on everyone else.

• @downfallroad  1 week

@oddbod Riffs this powerful cannot be contained! I was so busy rocking that forgot about the 20 second rule. Sorry about that. Track fades out at 20 seconds now

• @torniojaws  1 week

Done ๐Ÿ˜€ Also mailed it, but here it is anyway:
    https://fawm.org/songs/92595/

• @scottlake  1 week

Yes. I will be a judge

• @oddbod  1 week

@scottlake great, thanks for confirming

• @fulanin 1 week

I just sent the e-mail and uploaded it on my FAWM account, here it is:
    https://fawm.org/songs/92621/

It's 2 seconds over the 20 second limit because of the fade in and fade out, i hope it's not a problem.
    Also, I'm working on my mixing abilities, so I'd like to know how the recording translated on your sound systems. It is sounding pretty decent on my monitoring headphones, but it has too much low end when listening on my regular headphones.

• @oddbod  1 week

Just to confirm (and to make sure no one else's has gone astray) - so far I've received links from:

@radioovermoscow
    @downfallroad
    @dasbinky
    @dragondreams
    @headfirstonly
    @torniojaws

Thanks guys

• @fulanin 1 week

@oddbod i sent mine again from my gmail account.

• @kenjku 1 week

This sounds like fun. Is there a round 2?

• @oddbod  1 week

@kenjku it's a knockout competition and the draw is full I'm afraid
    I don't think I'll be organising a second tournament - well not this year!
    If anyone else wanted to they're welcome

• @haim  1 week

Oh.. my fingers are warming... Such a cool idea @oddbod .

• @silvermachine  1 week

Here's my riff, chaps. Don't expose yourself to it for more than 20 seconds without suitable protective clothing.
    https://fawm.org/songs/92761/

• @dasbinky  1 week

Interesting observation: pretty much all of the postings so far are metal or metal-adjacent. Has "riff" become synonymous with metal? Has the prospect of a riffage competition attracted more metal folks? If a riff falls in the forest and it's not drenched in overdrive, does it make a sound?

Might be interesting for round 2 to feature clean riffs. Mix up the challenge. (And rob @sapient of some of his powers! Bwahahaha!) (Just kidding, he shreds clean too.)

• @headfirstonly  1 week

I like your thinking, @dasbinky

@oddbod Aren't these due on Sunday? Just making sure. I am finalizing mine. didn't want to post it too early.

Also - here are some "bad ass riffs" that aren't necessarily metal. (You'll hear some Clapton, Hendrix, Rage, and ZZ Top among others).

• @dragondreams  1 week

Mine's posted, but locked until just before the closing time, ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Building suspense. ๐Ÿ˜

• @johncrossman  1 week

I hope someone does a classical guitar riff, shredding some nylon. That's a thing, right?

• @dragondreams  1 week

I may, or may not have gone classical... ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @ampersandman  1 week

https://fawm.org/songs/92820/ Here's my entry. May the odds be ever in your favor.

So, are we supposed to EMAIL our song link or post it here? @oddbod

Here's mine. I'll set it to go live later tomorrow.
    https://fawm.org/songs/92853/

• @oddbod  1 week

@stevenwesleyguiles Due date/time is Sunday 20.00 GMT (whenever that is in your timezone). Yes, you are supposed to email to me - posting in this thread is not obligatory.

• @oddbod  1 week

So far I have received riff links from 10 (now 11) entrants:

@radioovermoscow
    @downfallroad
    @dasbinky
    @dragondreams
    @headfirstonly
    @torniojaws
    @fulanin
    @silvermachine
    @ampersandman
    @stevenwesleyguiles
    @iwilleatyou

EDIT - okay, so I have just found out by searching the tag - badassriffcontest
    that there are 11 entrants in. Turns out @iwilleatyou can't understand the simple instructions to to email me even after reiterating this to him.
    Fortunately for him intelligence is not a prerequisite for badass riffage

• @oddbod  1 week

Still waiting on 5 participants:

@joycamp @thelostcartographer @sapient @driftwood1 @haim

Reminder - At the time of this post you have approximately 15 hours remaining to the deadline (20.00 GMT - or your local equivalent)

A quick recap -

1. Write and record your riff then post it on FAWM as you would any other song. You can give it whatever title you like but tag it โ€“ badassriffcontest

2. You can post it anytime between now and the deadline. The deadline is 20.00 (GMT - London) on Sunday 10 February. Youโ€™ll have to work out what time that is in your particular time zone.

3. Once youโ€™ve posted it, copy the URL link of the (riff) song page and send it with your FAWM username to โ€“ badassriff at mail dot com

4. When I have everyoneโ€™s links, Iโ€™ll create another thread

• @oddbod  1 week

@silvermachine can you please tag your entry โ€“ badassriffcontest

It's not a DQ offense but it just makes it easy for anyone else to find all the entries with one tag search term

• @haim  1 week

@oddbod thanks for the reminder, ill be finishing it till the deadline and send it.

• @leepat  1 week

How did I miss this?
    Oh well, if you need an extra judge or somefink...
    (More miss for @tinam)

• @sueawesome  1 week

donโ€™t take this the wrong way but.. how come I smelled a sh*t load of testosterone when I clicked on this thread? ๐Ÿ˜œ (I blame my 6 brothers for my highly trained nose)

damn, this was exciting to read through after waking with insomnia

• @dragondreams  1 week

@sueawesome - very little testosterone on my part I'm afraid. I have a prescription from my endocrinologist to prove it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I haven't forgotten! Mine will be up within the hour

• @dragondreams  1 week

I've just checked out the competition and I have a burning question...

Which judge is most receptive to bribes?

• @haim  1 week

@dragondreams lol, I also thought about it!

• @sapient  1 week

Whoops... got a bit sidetracked writing a song with @tfish77 about cannibals... ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Here's mine: https://fawm.org/songs/93004/

• @scottlake  1 week

I plan to be quite judgy today.

• @sapient  1 week

Whooo... I just listened to all the riffs that are in already.
    This contest is ON!!!
    Good luck everyone ๐Ÿ˜

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

Just for the record I want it perfectly clear that I dew have intelligentz. Now then-
    @oddbod I set the link to badassriff@mail.com and it shows it was sent successfully. Should i resend to your personal email?
    I'll be back in a couple hours or maybe less to check in (and reciprocate.).

• @oddbod  1 week

@iwilleatyou do accept my apologies, u is intelijent after all - your email was in the spam folder for some reason. So was @joycamp 's

• @oddbod  1 week

15 riffs in so only @haim to go

• @haim  1 week

@oddbod I'm working on it as we speak, I believe it's gonna take me about 30 minutes to finish. I hope I'm not wrong with the timings, I had busy tough days outside of fawm. The file is almost in your hands @oddbod . @stevenwesleyguiles you prepared your shield? xd.

• @iwilleatyou 1 week

@oddbod. Oh good! I'm glad it was you who screwed up and is the idiot around hear.

• @dragondreams  1 week

I have popcorn at the ready.

• @haim  1 week

I finished mine! here it is:
    https://fawm.org/songs/93083/

@oddbod I sent you mail.

• @dragondreams  1 week

Has @iwilleatyou won yet?

• @scottlake  1 week

I have printed the bracket. I shall be judging soon

• @scottlake  1 week

I have submitted my choices. This was a difficult task. If you used an unholy quantity of strings or notes in your intervals, this was not held against you and may have assisted your cause. Impressive riffery to say the least and I am glad I came late to the contest for reasons of preservation of self image.

@dasbinky My riff's not metal! I was actually thinking Joy Division when I started tinkering around, and that's what came out...

I have noticed I haven't got a picture of Jack Black on my riff yet though ๐Ÿ˜ Doesn't bode well!

• @raygungirls 1 week

Seems I missed the first round... Sonofamotherlessgoat!

I could submit just about all of my songs.... riffs are all I do...

• @dreamscuba  1 week

Shame I missed the deadline...didn't see this until today (monday)....well, at least I can listen to the great riffin posted.

• @judypie  6 days

WHEN DO WE HEAR THE RESULTZZZZZ?!

• @oddbod  5 days

@judypie Round 1 results here - https://fawm.org/forums/topic/9095/#post

• @ahasuerus 5 days

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the winner!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...