Where/how do you collaborate besides FAWM?

Skip to the bottom

• @seb Feb 7

Hi!
    Curious...where/how do you collaborate besides/beyond FAWM? 😀

• @howthenightcame Feb 7

Naviar Haiku

Disquiet Junto

• @tcelliott  Feb 7

I have a collaborator here in town who will come over and bring me a lyric or three to possibly musicify. That's the most common manner of collaborating outside of Fawm and 50/90.

• @howthenightcame Feb 7

Good you've got some local inspiration!!

• @dasbinky  Feb 7

Rarely and poorly. 😀
    I don't do a lot of writing outside of 50/90 and FAWM, mostly because of other competing hobbies. But when I do, it's usually local collaboration and a longer time scale. For better or worse (usually worse) I'm much pickier outside of FAWM.

• @joycamp Feb 7

I participate in r/gameofbands and occasionally r/bedroombands

both great places to collaborate.

• @krayzie003  Feb 8

I've met some great collaborators through Facebook groups and songwriting challenges. Also through keeping in touch with fellow FAWMers via social media.

• @krayzie003  Feb 8

My latest FAWM song is actually a collaboration with a lyricist I met in a sync songwriting challeng on Facebook. https://fawm.org/songs/92086/

• @siestagal22 Feb 8

Great topic! I'm on Songstuff.com and have made great relationships with lots of members. My best co-writes are all with online collaborations mostly from that site. I did meet one by networking on a facebook group too. I need to trust the co-writer first so a standing member is safer. Ih ope to make FAWMer relationships this year to grow!

• @driftwood1  Feb 8

I go to @downfallroad 's house and drink all the beer in his fridge 😋

• @smileymn Feb 8

I had a friend come to town a year ago and we wrote songs together over whiskey and cigarettes, then recorded an EP at a local community college recording studio with a friend. Still waiting to release the music though.

• @seb Feb 11

Can you all share any Facebook collab group links pls? 😀

• @avidfanman  Feb 11

I take @sw1n3flu and @zeroshift to a remote location and we have some beers in a room with guitars / drums / amps!

• @mctown 7 weeks

Good query. I live near Nashville....write with lots of folks there at times...and other places in TN. I write lyrics for artists in other places as well. My collaborators and I aim for getting something to pitch in Nashville or for the tv/film market-publishers or music supervisors. There are a couple people or more on here that I write with during the year off and on as well. My main goal ..originally... here was to find collaborators I could work with year round. It hadn't happen too often, and this year I spent less time here due to sickness and some other time consumers. Onward it goes.

• @rainchaser  7 weeks

Friends and bands.

• @jamkar  7 weeks

What @dasbinky said.

• @evinwolverton  7 weeks

We can keep tinkering together here, yeah?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/fawmers/

• @itoarazi 7 weeks

I rarely collaborate, mainly because I don't have time to do anything with anyone else, usually. But when that does happen, it's usually with one or more friends in person, and OCCASIONALLY online. (I've not been terribly successful in the latter regard, and to those who've hit me up for a collab: I'm sorry. I DO want to do something. I just can't seem to get it together!)

• @ajna1960 7 weeks

I've met several co-writers through GYAWS (a Facebook songwriting challenge group).
    Strangely enough, I have yet to meet a collaborator face to face here in Ireland. Any Irish co-writers I have I have met online (FAWM mostly).
    I've also met co-writers due to the internet via them hearing my songs somewhere (online or in real life) and them contacting me to write.

• @infilktion 7 weeks

With my bandmate in person.

• @rainchaser  7 weeks

50/90 is also a great place to collaborate if you haven't checked it out already.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...