Need a singer?

Skip to the bottom

• @cblack  Feb 6

So, I might regret this later, but if anyone needs a singer, hit me up. I want to get better.

What I need from you: music and lyrics. I've never written lyrics to fit music before...

So, if you're interested, let me know. I can do a bit of a metal growl, a deep clean voice, and can go relatively high for a guy. My preferred genres are anything dark.

Interested?

*hits send*

*freaks out*

• @deathboy  Feb 6

Do you have any demos of your sound? It'd be super helpful to have examples of your range/voices!

• @torniojaws  Feb 6

Do you want to collab on my track "From Beyond"? You can try any vocal tricks (or all of them 😁). If they turn out cool, it could be used on my next full length album of my band, where I write all music, and a friend of mine does vocals mostly based on my lyrics. Don't expect a big billboard hit though, hehe. It's mostly a hobby that earns just enough to keep the albums in Spotify, iTunes, etc, but not much else 😁

• @cblack  Feb 6

@torniojaws I'll check it out a little later on. 😀

@deathboy I don't really have a sample up yet... I'll get back to you on that!

• @gammafied Feb 8

I have a metal piece with no drums, but a bit of rhythm guitar. It currently has my vocals on it, but in my head I'm imagining the lead singer from Avenged Sevenfold. Clean, melodic metal voice. I am trained to do metal singing and it hurts when I do it. How do I send you the track?

• @cblack  Feb 8

Not sure I could do Avenged Sevenfold, to be honest. But if you post a link of where you'd normally host your tracks (and make it downloadable) I could have a look... Include the lyrics too, please. 😀

• @gammafied Feb 9

@cblack meant to say I'm NOT trained to do metal (or any other ) type of singing. The link is https://soundcloud.com/gammafied/love...

I will just repost with vox if you want to put vox down. I will continue to do background vocals. Intro

Chorus

Let our love rest in pieces
    Interred inside this tomb
    Shut inside a mausoleum
    In love's eternal room

Let our love rest in pieces
    Interred inside this tomb
    Not to rise from these ashes
    I've come to Seal its doom
    I've come to Seal its doom

Verse 1

Red roses lain
    a top love's grave
    The die is cast
    Our time has past

Chorus

• @cblack  Feb 9

Link didn't work...

• @gammafied Feb 9

https://soundcloud.com/gammafied/love...

Try again. I made it public.

• @cblack  Feb 9

Okay, cool. I'll see what I can come up with. I can guarantee it won't be as polished as Avenged Sevenfold, though...

• @cblack  Feb 9

Please keep it public. I couldn't download the track (no option), so I was going to use that link as a reference.

• @cblack  Feb 9

This is embarassing, but I'm really not feeling comfortable singing. I've never been much of a singer. That was the point of this thread - to give me some practice. But it's making me unhappy, so I'm officially withdrawing the collab offer.

My sincere apologies to @gammafied and if @torniojaws wants to scrap the vocals I already did, that's up to him.

Again, sorry. I wanted to push myself, but I think it was a bad idea.

• @gammafied Feb 9

I'd be happy to have you anyways, but do what makes you feel comfortable.

• @cblack  Feb 9

Yeah, I think I'm pushing too hard, too soon. Sorry again, but thanks for understanding! I really appreciate it. 😀

• @ayancia Feb 9

@cblack I'm in the same boat of wanting to but not knowing what I want to do. There are people out there who don't really want "public" or "money making" music and would be pleased by just hearing their track come to life. I hope you find your voice because I'm sure the audio world needs it 😀 Keep fighting my vocal friend

• @cblack  Feb 9

Thanks. Singing is something I think I *should* be able to do, but then I struggle...

One day, maybe. But not today.

• @ayancia Feb 9

Don't doubt yourself too much, but move at your own pace. I believe in you 😁

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...