Lyricist Wanted - Pop-Soul

Skip to the bottom

• @andrewjtaylor  Feb 6

Looking for some lyrics to write to. I'm fine with writing my own, but it's a painstaking process for me, taking several hours. But if I see a great set of lyrics I can resonate with, I can have a good version of the whole song done in 5 minutes (with small revisions to follow as I relisten). I've done that with two songs that were lyrics only before having spoken to the lyricist, and loved the songs, but can't count them to my count just yet.

Unfortunately, in my perusal of the pieces tagged "Music Needed" since, I've not come across anything that speaks to me. Usually I know within about 10 seconds if it's something I can sing & play to. Anyway for whom that's their "thing" - collaborating with musicians to set your lyrics to music?

Just a small condition: I'm a Christian, but unless the song is intended for church, I like to write/sing about varied facets of real life (often the facets overlooked) using real language. Of course, that also means I don't sing about content that would conflict with Christian values (Tolstoy: Greatness = Simplicity, Goodness, Truth | Plato: The Good, the True, the Beautiful). In my own lyric writing I incline toward profound simplicity, with a touch of irony. Open to different styles (Pop, Soul, RnB, Blues, Funk, mild Hip Hop). Thanks! Never posted in a forum and thought this'd be worth a shot.

• @oneslowtyper  Feb 6

Hi Andrew, you may find more pieces to interest you by also trying these other tags, "lyrics only or lyrics-only, needs music, needs vocals".
    And thank you from all us lyricists for your offer.
    Cheers,
    John

• @andrewjtaylor  Feb 7

Thanks @oneslowtyper! I did realize after seeing your tags that those were potential iterations that I missed.

• @russiasaturn Feb 7

Hey Andrew! Maybe you'd like a couple ideas I have bouncing around. I am not doing much music or singing this year, mostly lyrics & hopefully collabs. Would you be open to doing the music and singing? Not that I *can't* do it, or maybe join later, but I'm hoping to mostly pass lyrics to someone else who can do what they want.

As a side note, I'm also a Christian, I don't really write specifically Christian music though occasionally I have subtle references to God, but I don't write anything conflicting with the values you mention. (At least I think, haha!) So we have that in common.

Just let me know, I can also tell you a couple ideas I have and see if anything strikes you as interesting.

• @bithprod Feb 8

@andrewjtaylor, I'd be happy to write something for you. Looking at your influences, I see that we should be able to find some common ground. However, I won't write Christian songs, as it goes against my non-religious beliefs. 😉

• @squeakmouse73 Feb 9

Fire away, my friend. I don't have much up there yet, but I never mind hearing another's interpretation on one of my songs. It might be even better than the melody I had in mind.

• @ajna1960 8 weeks

I would be interested please 😀 I am a lyricist who has arrived very late to FAWM this year. However, I am going to try and do 14 songs in the remaining 4 days.

• @kahlo2013  7 weeks

Hi @andrewjtaylor I have many lyrics posted and am happy to share any, happy to suggest some if you like, or happy to write new ones.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...