Song Player Not Playing?

Skip to the bottom

• @timfatchen  Feb 3

Is it just me? (Win7 and Firefox) but I've yet to hit a song the player will play. (Soundcloud, youtube all play in the player, and off-site eg Bandcamp all give the normal notices). Is it that so far every non-playing song I've listened to is from dropbox? I can get downloads which then play, which is how I get to listen, but no go when I hit the player button.

• @sph  Feb 3

I have the same problem. Is there some setting to be done on our side that I've forgotten?

• @darkmantle  Feb 3

I read, either in another forum post, or on the facebook group that firefox was having issues. Try Chrome instead?

• @darkmantle  Feb 3

Nevermind, I take it back. I'm having the same problem on my Mac, in Chrome and Safari.

• @tcelliott  Feb 3

I had the problem on chrome. I ended up having to change the settings in two extensions. Ad block and Ghostery in order to play songs from soundcloud and from the fawm file hosting. Figuring it out took a while.

• @darkmantle  Feb 3

I got it working by clearing the browser cache and temp files (left cookies alone) and rebooted.

• @butlertron Feb 4

I host my own files on a website and put the direct URL in.

Last year it worked, this year the player won't work, but the download link is just fine.

• @kable Feb 4

YouTube and SoundCloud both play automatically, but the only browser I have been able to run the built in hosting player was MS Edge lol.

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 4

It's not only adblock, it's the Adobe Flash plugin. You have to allow permission for it. (Firefox)

For whatever browser you're using, look for a notification or place to allow permission for the Flash plugin, which is what FAWM uses for the integrated players. Typically there's a little icon up in/near the address bar. Hope that helps!

• @timfatchen  Feb 4

Flash allowed to activate, still won't play. Ah well. OOPS! now playing. All well! that fixed it!

• @timfatchen  Feb 4

Thanks @jacobeverettwallace !

• @williedesacra  Feb 6

For me on Windows 10, the player runs on Chrome and Edge but not FireFox. Nothing comes up about enabling Flash either.

• @butlertron Feb 6

THANK YOU @jacobeverettwallace I thought I was doing something wrong.

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 10

getting so many people i share links with saying they can't play songs this year. a few people saying won't play on their phone. it plays on my samsung s6 with chrome browser so i just went through that with one friend on their s8 but it still wouldn't play for them. think i will have to come out of my fawm head and into my web head to do the ridiculously long winded way i add songs to my website so i can share the songs with my friends reliably 😞

• @eargoggle  Feb 10

This is happening to me too, on my Mac in Safari, the player won't play. Can still play Soundcloud links but not any song with the player...frustrating! Is anybody working on this problem?

• @eargoggle  Feb 10

I should add that this was working for me until now, same setup, so it seems this is a website problem?

• @eargoggle  Feb 12

Yeah I don't know what's going on, still isn't working for me, I Googled it and followed directions and everything. Weird because it was working, now it's not.

• @timfatchen  Feb 12

@eargoggle mine fell over again a few hours ago. Just tried once more and all working. I've done nothing to my setup since I activated FLash in firefox.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...