Acoustic Lo-Fi Exquisite Corpse 2

Skip to the bottom

• @metalfoot  Feb 1

In order to keep each AcoLoFiCor from getting lost in one big thread, I'm starting a new one for the second round.

For those not in the know: Exquisite Corpse is a musical version of the parlor game where people take turns drawing a part of a picture without seeing the other parts of the picture.

In this case, each participant creates a 45s-1m long chunk of a song and then passes the last 10s ONLY to the next player, who tries to keep the song going...the stitcher gets all the full chunks and has to assemble them in order to complete the song.

Any takers?

ROUND 2
    Stitcher: @andygetch

1) @andygetch ...done
    2) @kahlo2013 ...done
    3) @sph ...done
    4) @calumcarlyle
    5) @nateger
    6) @metalfoot

• @metalfoot  Feb 1

Hey mods, please move this to the "Games and Challenges" forum. Sorry!

• @andygetch  Feb 1

also would like to play

• @metalfoot  Feb 1

@andygetch Do you want to start off, end up, go somewhere in between?

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 1

Can I join in, in the middle please?

• @andygetch  Feb 1

@metalfoot I am thinking that starting would best maintain game integrity and give me a doubly today goal 😀

• @metalfoot  Feb 2

And we're full up, I think!

• @metalfoot  Feb 4

We're rolling!

• @sph  Feb 11

Did send my last 10 seconds to @calumcarlyle and the whole thing to @andygetch

• @kahlo2013  Feb 11

Awesome!!! Looking forward to where this one goes!

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 12

thanks, i will get right on it.
    What sort of rules are we applying to the "lo fi" "acoustic" limitations, by the way, or is it all self defined?

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 15

Okay, well i have sent my section to @andygetch yesterday, but i don't have any contact details for @nateger. @nateger, how would you like me to send the ten second section to you?

• @metalfoot  Feb 15

@calumcarlyle Acoustic lo-fi simply means we aren't expecting the participants to be production wizards. Whatever sonic quality you can get you can get, but it's not going to be slick and polished like some FAWMers are more capable of doing.

• @andygetch  Feb 16

@calumcarlyle your track is certainly lo-fi. Regarding the lineup and keeping the corpse moving, I saw on his soundboard that @nateger may be out for awhile. I will leave it to @metalfoot if he would like to change the order.

• @metalfoot  Feb 16

Yeah... if @nateger is out then I'll pick up the ball and run with it.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 17

@metalfoot , sorry, I've just seen this. I'll send the 10sec section to you this eve.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 21

Okay, just checking how this is coming along?

• @metalfoot  Feb 21

Right. I don't remember if I got the section; I will recheck my emails and finish it off if I find it there! Been VERY busy between work, real life, play practice, and FAWM's getting shoved into the margins. Thanks for the nudge!

• @metalfoot  Feb 21

Yup. Got it. Will do later this evening.

• @metalfoot  7 weeks

Finally sent my chunk off to Andy.

• @calumcarlyle  7 weeks

Sorry to hassle @andygetch , just because it's the last day, hoping this can be stitched before the cut-off. 😀

• @metalfoot  7 weeks

Yes, Andy's got my piece and he'll get it done. I know he will. Andy's awesome like that.

• @andygetch  7 weeks

Lofi corpse tis done https://fawm.org/songs/edit/98798 Would have posted earlier in the day but had day long commitments. Great job @kahlo2013 @sph @calumcarlyle @metalfoot here is the recording link should anyone want to post it on their songpage: http://files.fawmers.org/FAWM_2019/an...

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...