Aussie FAWMers Unite :)

Skip to the bottom

• @songwritingzen  Jan 2019

Ok guys, I'll kick things off here. Who is ready to go and what do you want to achieve for FAWM 2019? Me, I'm thinking of doing a whole FAWM of collaborations...

PS: Special shoutout to all of the Adelaide FAWMers. Let's do this ๐Ÿ˜€

• @timfatchen  Jan 2019

And let's try this time to get our acts together post-FAWM (I think I'm back March 5)! Only been trying for a decade!

• @cblack  Jan 2019

Adelaide here too, and I'm soooo ready for FAWM to start already.

• @coolparadiso  Jan 2019

The wilds of queensland here. However traveling through NSW, Vic and Tassie from 4 Feb.

• @edwardsmusic Jan 2019

I didn't think there would be a thread on this.
    I'm from Melbourne. This year, as I have stated in several other threads around FAWM, I plan to write a concept album about communication.
    I'll be here the *entire* year, I hope.

• @futuredynamic Jan 2019

Hey I'm in Melbourne into electronic music.. @edwardsmusic - what style do you produce?

• @edwardsmusic Jan 2019

@futuredynamic I'm not into electronic music; the style of music that I make is usually rock (sometimes some acoustic folk songs as well)

• @tan482  Jan 2019

Another Melbournite here! Ready to do this yet not quite sure how to fit FAWM in this year amongst my other commitments ie. Work, musical projects, motherhood! But going to give it a bloody good go!!
    My goal is to use my banjo in some compositions as I just started learning it last year. Also to participate in at least one skirmish for the first time.

• @mikedebenham  Feb 2019

Melbourne here too. No Sydneysiders this year? Are they all off enjoying the summer or something crazy like that?

• @timfatchen  Feb 2019

@mikedebenham They saw all the Melbourne line-up and ran. (And of course, Adelaide's an outer suburb of Melbourne. Even used to be a commuter train between them)

• @joycamp Feb 2019

Sydney representing here.

I am just here to make some songs - I participate on r/songaweek and so I this will just be a slight upgrade of output.

• @pabrizzer Feb 2019

Central Coast NSW.
    Ready to participate in my second fawm....
    I enjoyed the skirmishes last year. Will spend some time there.

• @peterfedora  Feb 2019

Wow... lots of Melbourne.... I am in Brisbane.... back after a two year break... welcome all... lo-fi acoustic stuff for me here, not sure what I want... just new songs....

• @mira Feb 2019

Hey fellow down-unders, big hello from se queensland ๐Ÿ˜€ This year's a bit slow to start musically so just after some focus to write.

• @cblack  Feb 2019

How are the Aussies doing? On-track? Falling behind? Can't make music because there's a huntsman on your guitar?

For me, I'm ahead of FAWM schedule, but slightly behind my own schedule. Which is 2 albums. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @joycamp Feb 2019

@cblack I am on track. 3 in the can.

• @cblack  Feb 2019

@joycamp Sweet!

• @songwritingzen  Feb 2019

Well, my studio iMac just shit itself by the look of it so not much recording at the moment. Got two down so far but I'm going to need to fix the iMac and leg it if I'm to keep to my schedule ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @misterd Feb 2019

Melbourne here . This is my 4th FAWM and Iโ€™m just enjoying trying out different styles and instruments . I took up banjo in late 2017 so itโ€™s cool to try old timey style songs which I love . My main instruments are piano and guitar and Iโ€™m trying just to write as much as I can aftercwork and on weekends . Itโ€™s really enjoyable and deactivating social media has helped me a lot in having more free time to devote to songwriting for FAWM . Cheers

• @timfatchen  Feb 2019

@cblack I think I'm on track (to finish by 20 Feb) but nothing I'm doing was what I planned to do, that's FAWM all over, not to mention chaos in life.

• @gregwere Feb 2019

This is my first FAWM and not sure how I'll get it done in time. Been interstate for work alot and just recording something half decent from the tunes is the challenge (Adelaide/Parkside SA) Also what is the etiquette for listening to other people's stuff - struggling to find time just to get it done let alone listening to other people's stuff.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2019

@gregwere Half-decent? doesn't matter. Wholly indecent? doesn't matter that much either, just label it NSFW. No formal etiquette as such for listening but if someone comments at least a note "ty" on their soundboard if no time to listen and comment. Also "Give and it shall be given to you": you'll get more feedback if you also listen and comment to others. It's never one-to-one but that's not the point. Also, everyone disappears within a few days of FAWM's end so there's no-one to receive comments afterwards, so very little point.

• @chezwizboy Feb 15

Melbourne Trumpet Vocals Harmonica looking for collabs if you're up for it!

• @kel Feb 20

Hey Aussies, just joined the gang. Located in Brisbane, northwest. I'm not a performer but love writing. Have collaborated locally and overseas through other forums. Mainly write Americana/Country with some Rock and Blues now and then (not often!).

• @timfatchen  Feb 20

new arrivals, jump in. I can't now listen until into March, don't go away!

• @coolparadiso  Feb 20

Qld here but like Tim but im in the bush at the moment almost outta range. Got 3 songs left to post that i recorded a week ago if i ever get thd chance. But i will comeback and listen to lots when i can.

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 20

How did I miss this thread? Iโ€™m in Central Victoria in a little town called Trentham. I play double bass and have been working really hard on improving my singing voice over the last few months. I would really love to do a post FAWM meetup somewhere in Melbourne but Iโ€™m away until mid March which might be too late to gather enough interest.

• @timfatchen  Feb 20

@coolparadiso at least put up placemarkers so you can eventually get the songs on, just for the record. Some of us stick around after March 2nd!

• @coolparadiso  Feb 20

All my songs will be up by end of Fawm @timfatchen but yes like last year ill be listening in March and beyond. I spent a lot of times sharing album listens last year. But im not back until mid april. I have plenty to get a decent album.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...