Postcards from around the world, and across the US (for school)

Skip to the bottom

• @zecoop  Jan 26

I would like to ask anyone that is interested to help my wife's 1st grade class out. She tries to get postcards from as many places as possible sent to her class, so that she can teach little lessons about places the students have not been. If you would like to help out, I've put the info below.

1. Pick a postcard that shows something about the place you are from, like a famous landmark, cityscape or countryside
    2. Add a comment that tells the class a little about you and something interesting about where you are from
    3. Remember these are 6-7 year old kids, so keep it age appropriate
    4.. Send it to her class at the following address

Mrs Cooperider's Class
    Mattawan Early Elementary School
    56720 Murray Street
    Mattawan, MI 49071
    USA

I thought that my FAWMily could expand this all across the US and also around the world!! The postcards will all be displayed in the hallway.

Thank you in advance, wherever you are from!!! πŸ˜€

• @roddy  Jan 26

What a great idea. I'll send a postcard today πŸ˜€. Hope the class receives a huge number of cards.

• @metalfoot  Jan 26

Great idea! I'll see what I can dig out next week.

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 26

Sending it today

• @dragondreams  Jan 26

On it! 😊

• @zecoop  Jan 27

I'm hoping maybe some of my FAWM pals will help me out with this postcard project. πŸ˜€
    @santadharma @fearlessflight2014 @owl @vomvorton @alboe @marvsmooth @pfoo @eargoggle @wobbiewobbit @mosley @headfirstonly @ajna1960 @sapient @leslie @timfatchen

(not meaning to leave *anyone* out... I'm just free-typing here)
    But I'm hoping lots of other people will too...

• @nancyrost  Jan 27

I'm sending one.

• @timfatchen  Jan 27

I'll get on it once we're clear of grandchildren and public holidays!

• @wobbiewobbit  Jan 27

yep you set me thinking already, on whether you might like a general London one or a local to my bit of London one (I am local to Alexandra Palace which has a pretty cool history what with first TV broadcast from there n all.)

• @tootoobee  Jan 27

I'll send one with my sons πŸ˜€

• @coolparadiso  Jan 27

I will send one from somewhere they will have too look up! I live in the middle of nowhere in Australia so that should be interesting for them!

• @coolparadiso  Jan 27

I will send one from somewhere they will have too look up! I live in the middle of nowhere in Australia so that should be interesting for them!

• @roddy  Jan 27

Posted a card today! It's of Perth Scotland where I live.

• @jamkar  Jan 27

Yes, let me see if our local museum has something.

• @eargoggle  Jan 27

Ha! That's great. I'll look for a Brooklyn postcard soon as I can...

• @w1n  Jan 27

I'll post a card tomorrow 😊

• @carleybaer  Jan 27

I'm in!

• @seemanski  Jan 27

I'll take a look on my lunchtime walks next week to see if I can find a postcard about the steel city where I live. @zecoop i'm glad that I only have to write something interesting about where I am from and not me. I could probably think of something interesting about Sheffield, but myself, eek!

• @zecoop  Jan 27

Thank you so much to all that are in so far!! The kids are going to love this... And adding a little about yourself on the card would be great too. Everyone here is interesting, by default, just because of FAWM. πŸ˜€

• @majordanby  Jan 27

Lovely idea! I’m in.
    I live in Eastbourne, East Sussex. It is believed that the first settlers of Eastbourne were the celts in 500BC. Hopefully that will blow their tiny minds πŸ˜‰

• @santadharma Jan 28

OK we can do this. πŸ˜€

• @pfoo  Jan 29

We will send one out from DC!

• @zecoop  Jan 29

Looking for something to kill the time as you wait patiently (impatiently) for FAWM to start?

Send a postcard to my wife's first grade class, from wherever you are!! You'll make a big impact and make a lot of kids smile. Details are at the top of this thread... Big thanks to all those who are already sending them and I am hoping to get a lot more from around my country and all around the world!! πŸ˜€

• @dragondreams  Jan 29

Picked up one from my hometown of Pontefract (well, it was until I was 18 and even now I only live four miles away). It will be written out tonight and posted tomorrow.

• @marvsmooth  Jan 29

We’re on it!

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 29

Mailed it today

• @fearlessflight2014  Jan 29

Ooh... I’ll try @zecoop whats the deadline?

• @zecoop  Jan 29

@fearlessflight2014 (and everyone else) - The deadline is just end of the school year, which is around June. No particular rush, other than FAWM and Life happen. πŸ˜€

Thanks!!!

• @seemanski  Jan 30

I finished my homework Mr @zecoop sir. I'll put in the post tomorrow. I think you may have to mark me down because there might be a spelling mistake 😞

• @vomvorton  Jan 30

I'll definitely sort something out once I'm well enough to leave the house! Goddamn pre-FAWM cold is ruining all my fun

• @charliecheney  Jan 31

Does it have to be from my hometown? I toured for the past three years and have a postcard collection from all over the country.

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@charliecheney - It can be from wherever you'd like, preferably from somewhere near you, but it definitely does not need to be your hometown! Thank you!!!!! πŸ˜€

• @cynthiawolff  Jan 31

Will do!

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@cynthiawolff - Boom!!! Thank you so much!!!! πŸ˜€

• @ajna1960 Feb 1

Great idea !! Will send one from Somerset when I am currently living temporarily. And then another from Ireland when i return in a couple of weeks.

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 1

I’ve bought the postcard! @zecoop

• @coolparadiso  Feb 1

Posting tomorrow @zecoop

• @zecoop  Feb 1

Thank you so much @coolparadiso and @fearlessflight2014 - You are both FAWM allstars!!! (and all around awesome folks) πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 1

@ajna1960 - Just saw your post - How amazing!!! Thank you a ton!

Anyone else that wants to help out, please see above for the details. I'm hoping to get postcards from all over the world for my wife's first grade class. πŸ˜€

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 1

Sent!

• @owl  Feb 3

Sent! Now you'll have at least two from Madison πŸ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 7

The first postcard arrived, but she couldn't remember exactly where - thought it was Ireland (it was a busy day in the class. I'll post a picture tomorrow. Thank You!!

I'm hoping a bunch more arrive. So exciting! πŸ˜€

• @pearlmanhattan  Feb 7

mine should get there soon, I mailed it last week

• @coolparadiso  Feb 14

I got delayed in my travels but posted today!

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 14

oh i must get on mine... is it ok to make my own postcard of a local place that i dont know where to get a postcard of it?

• @vomvorton  Feb 14

I bought a postcard two weeks ago but I haven't got around to writing or sending it yet. But I will!

• @zecoop  Feb 20

The postcards are starting to arrive, so thank you very much everyone!!! It takes a while to get from the central office over to the school and into the class. πŸ˜€

• @dragondreams  Feb 22

Hoping mine arrived safely! πŸ˜€

• @sheilerk  Feb 24

I'm not sure how long it will take to get a postcard from Mexico. I've actually never mailed anything since I've been here, but I'll look for one when I'm out this week, then figure out how to send it πŸ˜‰ A learning experience for us all!

• @zecoop  Feb 24

@dragondreams - Did you put your name on it? There has been a few from England (saw a Sheffield one for sure), but not everyone is putting their name on them, so it's hard to tell. What was the cover?

@sheilerk - Thank you!!! πŸ˜€

• @sapient  Feb 24

@zecoop Mine had my real name on it. But is was clearly from Amsterdam... πŸ˜‰

• @dragondreams  Feb 24

@zecoop Yep! Paul (Dragondreams) and it's a painting of Pontefract Castle from the 1600s. 😊

• @coolparadiso  Feb 27

mine had my real name fron thulimbah queensland australia

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@coolparadiso - pretty certain I saw yours! I'm learning it takes a long time to get around the world but even longer sometimes to get from the main office to the actual school, lol.

• @metalfoot  Feb 27

I gotta pick up a postcard tomorrow so I can send it off!

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@metalfoot - plenty of school year left... but I heard from a certain metallic foot that the postal service up there is kinda slow, lol πŸ˜‰

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...