A FAWM podcast (of sorts).

Skip to the bottom

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 23

Okay well hello again all and I hope you will all have a good fawm.

I currently have a one hour show on the community Internet radio station Spanish Rock Shot Radio (which is, of course, based here in Edinburgh!), the show is called Offbeat. Usually I play records and say what they are. Through February 2019 I'm hoping to play newly written FAWM songs and say what they are.

The show is on at 10pm UTC on Mondays, and is repeated at 10pm UTC on Thursdays and 3pm UTC on Saturdays. It won't be like the fawmcasts of previous years, with interviews and daily broadcasts etc, I'm afraid. I'm just planning to listen to the site and use whatever I hear that I like, and you're all welcome to listen to the show and share the link to the show and all that as well, of course.

So I hope that will be a nice little addition this year, though I know it isn't much, since you could just listen to the site yourself rather than listen to my show! Even so, there it is.

The radio station link is:
    http://www.spanishrockshot.com
    and you can hear some previous episodes (featuring mostly non fawm material, but there is some fawm stuff in there) by clicking the "podcasts" link on the SRS site.

And do comment below if you've any feedback, maybe recommendations or requests, or just comments.

Have a good fawm 2019!

• @tcelliott  Jan 23

Great idea. Thank you, Calum for doing this.

Do you have a particular genre or range you are looking for. Do you want submissions or would you rather find your songs via listening?

• @roddy  Jan 23

Hola! Amigo mio! You're a DJ on a Spanish Radio Station - fantastic. I've listened to one of your podcasts - excellent choice of music. Good luck with your shows. I'll be listening from 50 miles away in Perth.

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 24

@tcelliott @roddy thanks!

I don't know tbh if I am looking for submissions. I don't think I have a preferred genre. My favourite music genre is "good"! πŸ˜€

But this thread is as good a place for submissions as any, I'm a bit wary of leaving people out though, if they submit and then I don't play their stuff I don't like to offend. It's only one hour each week after all!

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 24

By the way, the show is on this evening (UK time) and this week it is Scottish and Australian music, to mark Burns night and Australia Day, so feel free to tune in, even though there's no fawm this week!

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 26

Okay, my PRE-FAWM episode of Offbeat is going on air at 10pm UTC on Monday 28 of January, featuring as many songs as i could cram in from PREVIOUS FAWMs.

The playlist for Monday's show includes songs by @deafsteever, @debs, @danieljacob, @frenchcricket, Hoss Jaeger, @katoninetails, @caterwauler, @mikeskliar, @tinam, @bigmart, @gerrybhoy, @helenseviltwin, @sapient, @robfromamersfoort, @roddy, @sonicdeatheagle, @themiller, @axl, @randyxpher, @airbagtester, @rittmo, @dragondreams, @expendablefriend, @nancyrost, @dasbinky, @velex, @joshbelville, @plushbaby and @floparis!

It's supposed to be only an hour, but i suspect i may overrun by a few minutes!

Anyway, Monday 28 Jan at ten PM british time, be there! πŸ˜‰
    And if you can't be there, the repeat will be on 31 Jan at 10pm UTC, and on Saturday 2 Feb at 3pm UTC.

• @nancyrost  Jan 26

Cool, I should be able to catch at least part of it before work next Saturday. Also, tagging @auditasum, fka Hoss Jaeger.

• @dragondreams  Jan 26

Cool! Thank you, @calumcarlyle πŸ˜€

• @mikeskliar  Jan 26

great!! can't wait to hear!

• @scottlake  Jan 26

Do you have a feed url?

• @roddy  Jan 26

Sounds great - will be listening.

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 26

@scottlake yes, it will be broadcast on http://www.spanishrockshot.com

It's a 24 hour community radio station, bilingual in Spanish and English, which currently runs various curated playlists most of the time, but with some specific shows at scheduled times, and i gather they are still looking for contributors if anyone fancies doing a show of some sort. My show tends to start a few minutes after the hour since i have to wait for the last song and the jingles etc, i can't just break in, so if you tune in on the dot and don't hear me, then just hang on a few minutes! πŸ˜‰

Thanks @nancyrost, no idea why i didn't have a note of that already!

• @scottlake  Jan 26

feed url for the podcast that is.

• @chasingandromeda  Jan 26

Looking forward to this, Calum. Have always appreciated your take on music.

Have never heard of this station. Checking out the Soul Funk and Disco Midnight Show now. Play that Funky Music....one of my favs...Wild Cherry is from my home stat of Ohio. This may take up residence in my listening list. Thanks for sharing!

• @helenseviltwin  Jan 28

I'll try to listen in. Thanks for the airplay, @calumcarlyle

• @timfatchen  Jan 28

Just saw this. Kudos, @calumcarlyle !

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 28

...On air in approximately fifteen minutes at http://www.spanishrockshot.com for the first (pre)FAWM special episode of Offbeat! 😁 😁 😁

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 28

@scottlake, If you're listening after the fact, then the podcast will be available at http://www.spanishrockshot.com/podcasts/ though it won't be available immediately. Usually they go online the week following the broadcast, though i am going to try to make it sooner than that for the FAWM episodes so people can hear it sooner if they miss it.

• @roddy  Jan 29

I listened to the show. It was really good. Very nice to hear all those fawmers' songs. Good DJ work from @calumcarlyle , excellent radio voice and just the right amount of talk.

• @expendablefriend  Jan 30

Hey @calumcarlyle, this sounds awesome. I'm sorry I missed the show when it went out live...I've been struck down with pre-FAWM lurgy all week so I've only just seen this thread. I'll check back for the podcast!

• @calumcarlyle  Jan 31

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Well, the repeat of the show is on in about twenty five minutes from now (Thu 10pm UTC) and again on Saturday at 3pm UTC, also the podcast should be available later this evening in the podcasts section of http://www.spanishrockshot.com so hopefully that's plenty chances to hear it for anyone! πŸ˜‰

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 4

Hi folks, okay well tonight's show features all newly written songs from FAWM, by @gloverm, @vihaleipa, @helenseviltwin, @repsurepa, @ktdw, @pabrizzer, @cblack, @caterwauler, @philhenry, @madthesinger, @unkept, @thelostcartographer, @torniojaws, @stevenwesleyguiles, @wr3n and @szleppard

So i hope you're able to tune in, at http://www.spanishrockshot.com/, and that's tonight (Monday) at 10pm UTC, or the repeat is on Thursday at 10pm UTC, and Saturday at 3pm UTC, also the podcast will be up as soon as i can make it happen, at http://www.spanishrockshot.com/podcas...

So check it out, keep writing songs, and sorry if i didn't play one of your songs, but hope you enjoy listening anyway!

• @roddy  Feb 4

Thanks, I'll either tune in tonight or listen to the repeat. Great to find that these FAWM songs are being played on the radio.

• @gloverm  Feb 4

@calumcarlyle Right when I looked up the time zone it was already an hour into the podcast. I missed it 😞 is there any way I can still listen to it?

• @thelostcartographer  Feb 4

Thanks for including me!

• @berni1954  Feb 4

Great idea Calum. Maybe I should do something similar here in Catalonia and call it Scottish Rock Shot 😜😁.

Do you actually play Spanish Rock on your channel? If so, perhaps you'd like to hear our Barcelona based band "The Saturday Blues Project" (see Spotify, Bandcamp, etc.).

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 5

@berni1954 Well a Catalonian based Scottish rock station would be awesome.
    On my show, i admit i rarely play Spanish stuff, though occasionally i play the odd Spanish language track, however the station at large is supposed to be Spanish/English bilingual, the station manager tells me this is the first Spanish/English online radio station in the UK, though there are several bilingual stations for other languages.
    But, i would love to play more, so i'll check out your project once Feb is over with, thanks! Also, SRS is seeking contributors so if you fancy doing a show yourself from Barcelona, on the station, then get in touch at info@spanishrockshot.com

@gloverm, yes it will be repeated on Thursday and again on Saturday afternoon, but also the episode will go up on the SRS podcasts page* in the next few days as well. It is usually the following week from broadcast but i'll try to make sure they go up sooner during FAWM, so people here can hear them if they can't listen live.

* which is http://www.spanishrockshot.com/podcas...

• @faceofeinstein  Feb 5

Very cool idea. Cheers.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 6

The repeat of this week's fawm flavoured Offbeat episode is coming on in about ten minutes on www.spanishrockshot.com but I think it clashes with fawmtalk again, so the podcast is also available now from the same site, to listen to in your own time. Enjoy!

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 6

That's actually nonsense, it's tomorrow. I thought it was Thursday.

• @tcelliott  Feb 6

How do we keep clashing? I want to listen, darn it. Ah, I see the podcast. Good looking out.

• @vihaleipa Feb 6

Thanks for including my song in the podcast, I'm currently listening to it and enjoying the songs so far.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 11

Well, as i type this it's three hours till my next FAWMcast episode on http://www.spanishrockshot.com so i hope you can tune in.

This evening i will be playing songs by @johncrossman, @jsmalls, @expendablefriend, @heuristicsinc, @zecoop, @phlex, @hmorg, @hornesgiftshop, @fuzzy, @kissinginpublic, @thebschip, @mrmule, @frozenlonesome, @elesimo, @mixeract, @billysea, @oneslowtyper, @majordanby, @punkrockfuneral and @dunwich ... Phew!

And i apologise in advance if i pronounce any of your names wrong!

Sorry in particular to the many fawmers who i haven't even listened to yet, i always feel like thre's probably a ton of good stuff i've not even heard yet. Anyway, hope you enjoy the stuff i have picked, and it's ten PM UTC tonight (Monday); repeated at the same time on Thursday and again on Saturday afternoon at 3pm UTC.

• @zecoop  Feb 11

Sweet - thanks @calumcarlyle ! I hope to get myself in a place to listen.
    πŸ˜€

• @kissinginpublic  Feb 11

Thanks @calumcarlyle 😁 I look forward to tuning in

• @gloverm  Feb 11

Thanks @calumcarlyle for featuring me on your podcast! Very nice of you πŸ˜€

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 11

On in a few, wish me luck!

• @oneslowtyper  Feb 11

I'm listening... thanks for doing this, Calum.

• @jsmalls  Feb 11

thank you so much for playing The Shoe That Fits! Loving these other picks too.

• @kissinginpublic  Feb 11

Great show! So impressed with everyone I hear this FAWM.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 11

Gak! Read that one out wrong. I promise to play @shelleymiller next week on the show! Thanks for listening to this week's show folks, and keep writing the awesome songs!

• @johncrossman  Feb 12

Ooh, cool. I was at work but it's nice to be played! πŸ˜€

• @heuristicsinc  Feb 13

Hey, thanks for playing something of mine @calumcarlyle . I probably won't be able to tune in during the rebroadcast so I'll do the podcast - just to be sure, it will be episode 35?

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 17

Yes, @heuristicsinc , @johncrossman and many others, episode 35 is up now on the www.spanishrockshot.com podcasts page. I'm still assembling the tracklist for tomorrow's FAWM episode but i'll post here again once i've got the lst of FAWMers finalised. πŸ˜€

• @mikegtz  Feb 18

Calum, really nice to hear you on the radio. Very eclectic suggestions!

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 18

Thanks Mike, i aim to please! πŸ˜€

Here we go, i'm on in about twenty minutes from now, and i will be playing songs from: @karlsburg25, @throwback, @mikeskliar @looprication, @owl, @catalyst111, @joshbelville, @pbtaylorjr, @porrectus, @roddy, @marthie, @kuyakoala, @dan3636, @haim, @shelleymiller, @nancyrost and @cts!

Hope you can tune in, and it will be up as an on-demand podcast later in the week (if you can't get the repeats either, that is!)

Hope you enjoy!

• @haim  Feb 18

Awesome! Im on it! Waiting to hear some fawm! Is it on yet?

• @haim  Feb 18

Im listening now, gearing some nice spanish music. Ill leave it on during the night, waiting for some fawm songs! Thanjs in advance!!! That rocks!

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 18

Sorry for the delay, we should get the radio gremlins sorted any minute now....

• @haim  Feb 18

Awesommme im listening. The best thing i hears on radio this decade.

• @joshbelville  Feb 18

Thanks for playing me and all these other great FAWMers Calum! πŸ˜€

• @owl  Feb 18

thanks for playing "Cease to Exist," @calumcarlyle! Listening and commenting on everyone's as I go. Seems like there may be an issue playing @dan3636's song btw, i'm hearing @kuyakoala's twice?

• @marthie Feb 19

Wow! What an honor- thank you: Africa was sleeping but I’ll catch up and share when you have a linkπŸ’

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 19

Yes, there were definitely technical issues last night, sorry everyone. I am going to get the recording and sort out that issue of playing the wrong track, then I'll stick it up on the podcasts page and make sure it is correct for the repeats.

• @haim  Feb 19

Thanks for the play, i was super excited! U were great!

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 20

Thanks for your patience, everyone. The latest FAWM episode of offbeat is now up as a podcast at http://www.spanishrockshot.com/podcasts/

But you can, if you so choose, hear the repeat at 10pm UTC on Thursday and 3pm UTC on Saturday if you so choose. πŸ˜€

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 21

sorry, doubleposted.

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 25

Okay! Time for my fourth "fawmcast" episode of Offbeat tonight, at 10pm UTC on http://www.spanishrockshot.com

And tonight i am playing songs from @scoobyben, @kable, @caseewilson, @dragondreams, @ericdistad, @erucaesounds, @jeffwhitmire47, @metalfoot, @nicktiberi, @raygungirls, @silvermachine, @susyblue and @hanley - I hope you can tune in either tonight at ten pm UTC, or the repeat is on Thursday at 10pm UTC, and Saturday afternoon at 3pm UTC, and it will appear in the podcasts section of the Spanish Rock Shot website in the next few days as well.

Thanks everyone for providing such an interesting selection of music to play on the show, by the way. As usual FAWM is eclectic and prolific this year, and i will be continuing through March playing new FAWM songs on the show too, so don't disappear in March, stick around here on fawm.org commenting and listening, and all that too. πŸ˜€

• @metalfoot  Feb 25

@calumcarlyle I'm excited that you'll be using one of my songs. Thanks in advance!

• @factorytale Feb 25

https://fawm.org/songs/97737/ hereΒ΄s one of mine πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• @calumcarlyle  Feb 28

Thanks @factorytale , i think you are actually the first and only person to put forward a song for the show!

Anyway, everyone, the repeat of Monday's one is on in a few minutes (10pm UTC) on http://www.spanishrockshot.com - Haven't had a chance to put the podcast up on the site yet so do tune in if you're seeing this in time, and i will post here again once the podcast is available. Enjoy!

• @hmorg Mar 1

Thanks for including my song back two weeks ago, much appreciated. For the record I'm not also known as Brett Hull, it's just the working title of the track was "Brett Hull House" because I came up with a couple of the parts while watching "The Haunting of Hill House" but didn't want to be super obvious about it, Brett Hull being the name of a hockey player I recalled from my youth.

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 2

Ha! Thanks for clearing that up @hmorg!
    I think i have probably mispronounced and misintroduced more people over the past four weeks than in the 30 or so previous episodes of Offbeat put together! πŸ˜€

Right, and the episode featuring (@scoobyben, @kable, @caseewilson, @dragondreams, @ericdistad, @erucaesounds, @jeffwhitmire47, @metalfoot, @nicktiberi, @raygungirls, @silvermachine, @susyblue and @hanley) is finally up as a podcast on https://www.spanishrockshot.com for any of those who missed it at its broadcast times.

As i say i will still be stuffing the show full of FAWM stuff for a few weeks yet there is so much great stuff i'm hearing, my only thought about that is it's a pity some FAWMers desert the site immediately March arrives and probably won't ever know i'm playing their stuff, but anyway, next week looks like featuring @alphanerg, @caterwauler, @hildrideidottir, @apertome, @mkd, @headfirstonly, @dunwich, @mikedebenham, @nancyrost, @leslie, @goldelion, @timfatchen, @fear

• @tcelliott  Mar 2

Looks like a great group of artists. Thanks for keeping this going, Calum.

• @apertome  Mar 3

Hi @calumcarlyle , somehow your podcast evaded my attention until just now ... very interesting! I will check out some back episodes. Very cool that you're doing this. I'm honored to be included!

I'm still trying to stay active even though it's March, and I'm sure I"m not alone in that.

• @mkd  Mar 3

Oh wow @calumcarlyle thank you so much for including me! (Let me know if any issue downloading the track you want, can always send it separately). Aw, feeling really honoured! 😊

• @musicsongwriter Mar 3

Hi Calum, looking forward to watching your shows and listening to your songs which I've managed to miss somehow. If it's not too late please consider my instrumental https://fawm.org/songs/95138/
    I'll make it downloadable if you think it's possible to include. Sorry it's all new to me and I'd like to submit something which will be interesting for other listeners. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you.
    Nadia

• @metalfoot  Mar 3

Finally got to listen to a show-- this is great work you're doing, @calumcarlyle. Absolutely blown away that you included me on a show! πŸ˜€ Cheers.

• @leslie Mar 3

Thanks for listening, @calumcarlyle . I appreciate it. The quality of my recordings this year amounts to one-takes with a Zoom as I'm on the road, sorry they're not better. Is this episode happening tomorrow night?

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 4

Okay this week's episode is happening in like fifteen minutes from now, with the repeat on in another three days' time at the same time (10pm UTC), and by then hopefully it'll be up as an access-any-time podcast on the SRS website as well.

This week features @alphanerg, @caterwauler, @hildrideidottir, @apertome, @mkd, @headfirstonly, @dunwich, @mikedebenham, @nancyrost, @leslie, @goldelion, @timfatchen, @fearlessflight2014, @themiller, @rickamorphis, @scottlake, @mikegtz, @ericdistad, @robynmackenzie, @marthie, @donna, @ampersandman and @spicyhondog!

@musicsongwriter, @factorytale, i haven't forgotten you, next week will be a full on FAWM special as well. Hope you enjoy this evening's show, folks, and sorry it's such short notice to be tagging the songwriters i'm playing, hopefully you can catch the podcast or the repeat if you aren't able to tune in tonight/today.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 4

Hi Calum, thank you, awesome. Please let me know when I need to make my piece downloadable. I'm listening to your show now, my connection is till 10:55 pm so I'll listen till my time runs out.
    Nadia

• @fearlessflight2014  Mar 5

Wow, thanks for playing something of mine on your show. How long will the podcast be available to listen to?

• @robynmackenzie  Mar 5

Thanks for the airtime! I missed the show today but I’ll check back in a few days to listen 😁

• @oneslowtyper  Mar 5

I just missed your show by an hour, Calum. I'll have to catch the repeat later this week. If you're still looking for more, I think my fav collab this year was with Klaus.
    https://fawm.org/songs/97758/
    Thanks for being our FAWM Radio

• @scottlake  Mar 5

Just curious which songs were played?

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 5

@oneslowtyper cool, i'll check that out.
    @scottlake, i'll try and make sure the podcast goes up on the site tomorrow (Wednesday) and i'll have typed out a tracklist for the show by then.
    @fearlessflight2014, once it goes up on the site, it should theoretically be available indefinitely!
    @musicsongwriter i should be able to play the song straight off the internet without you having to make it downloadable tbh, so don't worry about it unless you want to make it downloadable anyway.

Thanks all, glad you are enjoying the shows, as i say i plan to just keep doing FAWM specials for the next week or two at least.. There's so much good stuff!

• @caseewilson  Mar 5

Thank you for playing me! I fell offline for a lot of February and have been trying to get caught up on listening!

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 6

No bother Casee.

Right, well that's this week's episode up as a podcast now, here is the link, enjoy! πŸ˜€

http://www.spanishrockshot.com/podcas...

• @ajna1960 Mar 6

Ohhh πŸ˜€

• @ajna1960 Mar 6

@calumcarlyle are you doing this every week ?

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 7

@ajna1960 , I have been, yes, for the past six episodes it's been exclusively fawm stuff on the show. Check them out on the podcasts link above!

• @ampersandman  Mar 7

Thanks so much for this tasty selection @calumcarlyle, very happy to be part of it. Also for the discoveries.

• @ayehahmur  Mar 7

Ooh, new episode. That's my listening sorted for the afternoon.

• @timfatchen  Mar 7

@calumcarlyle rules ok!

• @musicsongwriter Mar 10

Just saw your reply Calum, awesome, thank you so much. Looking forward to Monday.
    Nadia

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 11

Hope you are all ready for tonight's Offbeat FAWM show! I will be playing: @helenseviltwin , @vomvorton, @wobbiewobbit, @zecoop , @alphanerg, @berni1964, @factorytale , @musicsongwriter , @expendablefriend , @kristian, @rpasquier, @fuzzy, @markg, @writeandwrong, @dustymason, @machargranite and @tinytimemachine.

Hope you will be able to tune in on Monday at 10pm UTC, or catch the repeat on Thursday 10pm UTC, or Saturday 3pm UTC.

If not, there is always the podcast, which i will make sure goes online asap. But tune in tonight, okay? ,)

http://www.spanishrockshot.com

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 11

woohoo thank you @calumcarlyle will definitely tune in! (this is a first for me!)

• @zecoop  Mar 11

I'm going to try hard to tune in tonight! Thanks @calumcarlyle πŸ˜€

• @vomvorton  Mar 11

Cool, thanks @calumcarlyle. Although for a second there I thought that @tinytimemachine was back and I got all excited! Their stuff was great.

• @factorytale Mar 11

I will, thanks!!

• @musicsongwriter Mar 11

Thank you Calum. Looking forward to hearing it. My connection is till around 11 only. Have a nice evening.
    Nadia

• @zecoop  Mar 11

Tuned in, starting at 6:30... Bummed to miss the first half, but I'll catch up on the podcast. πŸ˜€

• @factorytale Mar 11

Great listening to the show. You're a good host (is that what it's called) and I like your own song about the girl looking at you with one eye and looking at the moon with the other one. It was a bit embarrasing to hear my own song, made me want to puke, but I'm sick so maybe that's why 😁

• @musicsongwriter Mar 12

Thank you so much Calum for your beautiful show and for including my music. I was listening til 11 and it was very interesting, varried and beautifully presented.
    Nadia

• @headfirstonly  Mar 12

Thanks for the airplay, @calumcarlyle - very much appreciated!

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 12

No bother, thanks for writing a load of great songs, everyone!
    Here is the on-demand podcast of this week's show:

http://www.spanishrockshot.com/podcas...

As i say, that's the end of my dedicated FAWM special episodes, but i do intend to play more FAWM tracks as i discover them, so do keep listening to the show next week if you have a moment too. πŸ˜€

• @scottlake  Mar 13

Calum, I should say that my collab with @mikegtz started after he posted his demo. Mike asked me to rewrite/re-record his demo, which is markedly different than Mike’s version. It’s the one posted with the song page now. https://fawm.org/songs/96800/

• @calumcarlyle  Mar 18

Thanks Scott, I have neglected my listening this march, except for week one, so I'm hoping to actually do some more listening and commenting. I've more or less wound down the fawm content on the radio show now, in fact I'm going to stop doing the weekly show in another few weeks. Maybe I'll restart the idea again in time for 5090!

I will be playing a song by @dragondreams and @gerrybhoy tonight and one from @expendablefriend next week, but they're from the archives, not from this year.

Anyway, do tune in if you fancy it, folks, for my last few shows before a self imposed hiatus, and thanks again for the fun I've had this fawm. Somehow it was more fun listening and commenting when I knew I was also listening out for stuff to put in the shows.

• @mikegtz  Apr 1

Nice job, Calum and thank you.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...