SUPERSKIRMISH FEB 1-2

Skip to the bottom

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

Well, since there was such demand...
    Here's the SuperSkirmish thread for the first Superskirmish of FAWM 2019. Starts Friday noon *my* time. I've given equivalent times in Eastern, Pacific, Greenwich, and Australian Eastern zones.

A: ss020119a: 1pm EST (10 am PST, noon CST, 6pm GMT, 3am AEST Feb 2) Feb 1 - HOST: @metalfoot
    B: ss020119b: 3pm EST (noon PST, 2pm CST, 8pm GMT, 5am AEST Feb 2) Feb 1- HOST: @johnstaples
    C: ss020119c: 5pm EST (2pm PST, etc) Feb 1 - HOST: @jibbidy34
    D: ss020119d: 7pm EST (4pm PST, etc) Feb 1 - HOST: @unkept
    E: ss020119e: 9pm EST (6pm PST, etc) Feb 1 - HOST: @jwhanberry
    F: ss020119f: 11pm EST (8pm PST,etc) Feb 1 - HOST: @roadreg
    G: ss020119g: 1am EST (10pm PST, etc) Feb 2 - HOST: @pearlmanhattan
    H: ss020119h: 3am EST (midnight PST, etc) Feb 2 - HOST: @coolparadiso
    I: ss020119i: 5am EST (2am PST, etc) Feb 2 - HOST: @sw1n3flu
    J: ss020119j: 7am EST (4am PST, etc.) Feb 2 - HOST: @kahlo2013
    K: ss020119k: 9am EST (6am PST, etc) Feb 2 - HOST: @honeybadgerfolk
    L: ss020119l: 11am EDT (8am PDT, etc) Feb 2 - HOST: @tootoobee

This is a 12-unit SuperSkirmish -- a full 24 hours of music-making and listening! Sign up in the thread below if you have a slot you'd like to host.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

SAMPLE TEMPLATE:
    (you don't have to use this format)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    SUPERSKIRMISH ss020119a Friday February 1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT: We will have a one hour skirmish to write to a prompt.*
    WHEN: Friday 1 February 1pm EST (10 am PST, noon CST, 6pm GMT, 3am AEST Feb 2)
    THEME: TBA -- your theme goes here
    HOST: Your Name Goes Here

Song tags: ss020119a, superskirmish, feast, (your tag)

Timezone converter:
    https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...

*When you have finished your song, share the link in this thread.
    It is part of the fun and the etiquette to listen to other participants songs.
    Although the skirmish is set for an hour, if you are late or run over you can still join in, there are no skirmish police! 😀

Have fun!

• @pearlmanhattan  3 weeks

As usuall, I will sign up for "fill in" after everyone has grabbed their preferred slot and can be present for "back-up" in case anyone has a "life happens" moment and cannot host at their appointed time.

• @jwhanberry  3 weeks

I'll take E if you please.

• @johnstaples  3 weeks

I'll take B please!

• @coolparadiso  3 weeks

I can do H. Standby for some others if you get stuck.

• @tootoobee  3 weeks

I'd like to take L 😀 please.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

I think I'm up to date for now. 😀 Lots of time to fill out the roster, of course!

• @roadreg 3 weeks

I'll take F if that's all right!

• @unkept  3 weeks

Can I have slot D please Alex? 😀

• @johnstaples  3 weeks

Hey, how come my favorite skirmish master, @jibbidy34, has not signed up yet? Georgie...Georgie...Georgie!

• @lvgd09  3 weeks

You'd think I'd know...but I don't.
    Can somebody please briefly explain how to enter a skirmish (not host). Sorry, I just don't know because I've never actually done one. I'm thinking you go to the host home page? Thanks.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

@lvgd09 To enter a skirmish, you simply write and record a song to the skirmish prompt (in about an hour, while it's active) then post the link to your new song in the forum post for the skirmish. It's that easy.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

Only 5 slots left to fill with over a week to go. I'm impressed!

• @lvgd09  3 weeks

Thanks @metalfoot I understand. Is that prompt supplied in the skirmish thread at start time? Sorry for my ignorance it's just I've never done this in the group, ever. I get the start times but I still wonder if I go to the host home page or in the actual thread itself? To get the prompt.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

@lvgd09 Yeah, there will be a thread posted and the prompt will be in the first post of the thread for the skirmish time.

• @jibbidy34  3 weeks

Hey I'm here! Sorry I'm slow to respond this week. I can take C! I'm guessing it's 10pm GMT

• @honeybadgerfolk 3 weeks

Awesome! Can we host K? 9am EST Feb 2? 😁

• @andygetch  3 weeks

@lvgd09 to add to @metalfoot explanation (and the fun), the prompt is not posted until the skirmish start time.

• @kahlo2013  3 weeks

J: ss020119j: 7am EST (4am PST, etc.) Feb 2 - HOST: I could take this one if needed!

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

@kahlo2013 You want to be up at 6am on a Saturday? Wow. I admire you!

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

Hey, @pearlmanhattan , you want slot G?

• @krayzie003  3 weeks

Oooh... I actually have most that weekend off with only one gig. Maybe I'll actually get to do a few of these.

• @pearlmanhattan  3 weeks

@metalfoot yeah, I can host G.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

So the only slot left to fill is graveyard shift in North America, late morning/afternoon in Europe, evening in Australia. Any takers for I?

• @sw1n3flu  3 weeks

@metalfoot is it 10 am GMT? I’ll do it.

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

@sw1n3flu Yeah, that sounds right. Thanks!

• @thelostcartographer  3 weeks

Awesome! Looking forward to getting in at least a few of these.

• @snoozin  3 weeks

Oops, late to the party. @metalfoot please keep me in mind if you need someone to fill in..(if I am around)

• @metalfoot  3 weeks

More like I was too anxious to get the party started, @snoozin! I'll keep you in mind if there are any drop-outs!

• @famouspatrick  2 weeks

I have to work Feb 1, but I'll jump in when I get home. I'd like to get in on at least a couple of these.

• @rustyp 2 weeks

Yeah, I'll probably get in on a couple of these.
    It might be foolish, but I've got a mind to FB-live my songwriting session for a skirmish this year. 😀

• @ajna1960 2 weeks

I'm currently in Somerset, England clearing my Dad's house 😖 so super busy packing n sorting. But I will do my best to complete at least one of these.

• @tuneslayer2018  2 weeks

Yay!! I love love love skirmishes.

I might sign up to host one or two this year. But apparently not on this pass, since by the time I got here all the slots were taken.

• @odilongreen  2 weeks

I'm jealous of people who are able to start FAWM on a weekday! I'll be at work tomorrow (Friday), and with the last one so (relatively) early on Sat. in the Eastern time zone, I'm not sure if I'll make any in this SuperSkirmish, although I definitely will try! And I fully intend to be productive this weekend, whether or not I can participate in a formal skirmish.

• @johnstaples  2 weeks

@metalfoot, I think your times are off for Australia. When I looked this up at https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ it says they are currently on AEDT (not AEST). So it looks like they are 16 hours ahead of EST.

• @metalfoot  2 weeks

You're right, @johnstaples -- I'll fix it in the morning. Exhaustingly long day and I should try to sleep.

• @spingo  2 weeks

<3

• @coolparadiso  2 weeks

@johnstaples @metalfoot I am on AEST in Queensland (we never change our clocks here) NSW and Victoria are AEDT South Australia and Western Australia are different again. Interestingly Most Aussies i have seen here are from South Australia

• @coolparadiso  2 weeks

i will see you all in the skirmish - i think i will start on number 3 thats about the earliest i get up - then try and keep up and go back. I will try for them all but hhmmmm dodgy this year

• @kevinemmrich  2 weeks

Ha, ha -- I thought the superskirmish started today!!! Oh well, I can now go through them and see if anything strikes my fancy.

• @metalfoot  2 weeks

Yeah, sorry about that @kevinemmrich. Whoever organizes the next superskirmish can put it on Sat/Sun maybe?

• @tootoobee  2 weeks

Maybe we just go on a and make it a Monster Skirmish ;

I could do another one M at 1 pm ETD 😀 @metalfoot

• @metalfoot  2 weeks

*shrug* Up to you @tootoobee. You're on for the L skirmish, anyway!

• @snoozin  2 weeks

I've been wondering where you were @kevinemmrich lol.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...