New York City and nearby

Skip to the bottom

• @mikeskliar  Jan 20

Hi all, once again, for the 14th time, NYC here in the house! I'm in Manhattan- and in many prior years it's been great to see some of the other NYC-area fawm folks at an in-person gathering, too. Who else here is from NYC, or nearby? 😀

• @erikdidriksen  Jan 20

I'm in a New York state of mind.

• @swampjaw  Jan 21

Upstate representing.

• @kahlo2013  Jan 21

Cheers to the NYers! I like NY! The city and upstate and west!

• @oneslowtyper  Jan 21

Upstate and buried under 2 feet of snow!

• @mikeskliar  Jan 21

great to see some of the New York State & NYC fawm people checkin' in! 😀

• @sunnymae  Jan 22

Sunnymae chiming in New Yorkers!

• @sunnymae  Jan 22

Buried up here in the Catskills!

• @matt42 Jan 25

I'm from NYC - queens!

• @oneslowtyper  Jan 25

Brooklyn born in 1960, but raised in the Adirondacks since 1962.

• @quillwraith  Jan 26

Hello from Brooklyn!

• @chucknamaste Jan 26

I’m in Brooklyn!

• @mikeskliar  Jan 27

hi again to all the new yorkers, near and not quite as near!

Hopefully, (especially if folks get really interested in it) we can have an in -person gathering near the end of FAWM, perhaps? (always love those fawm gatherings that happen in feb, as opposed to after its over, but, as they say, its all good 😀 )

• @chrishope Jan 27

in spirit

• @pugetive  Jan 28

Have been lame about FAWM the last two years and might be lame about it this year, but I'm still around in BK! I got to attend the gathering three years ago and would love to attend another...

• @kenficara  Jan 28

Hello all. I'll be back again this year.

• @defaultdave  Feb 1

NYC! Helping produce a Vaudeville show early in February, so hoping to get freed up after.

BTW if anyone needs a welcoming open mic to perform FAWM songs, would suggest Paddy Reily's on Wednesday nights, starts at 7:30, ends when the list does.

• @dorit Feb 1

New Yorker here. Gonna be a busy February but will try to write a few.

• @theseventwenty Feb 1

Bensonhurst Brooklyn checking in

• @manysounds Feb 3

New Paltz representing

• @sueawesome  Feb 3

I live about 2 hours south of ny but grew up on Long Island and lived in the city during art school

does that count? : )

• @raygungirls Feb 3

Queens New Yorker here.... but living upstate, in the Hudson area for the past 5 years. I see quite a lot of Upstaters this year!

• @sayda Feb 3

Rochester, NY here!

• @wr3n  Feb 3

Upper east side till March for work! thankfully, I have a few weeks off in February!

• @erelpi10 Feb 6

hello neighbors -- i'm in the nyc area

• @mikeskliar  Feb 7

I'm thinking maybe of hosting another NYC FAWM gathering- possibly sometime either Saturday Feb 23 or Sunday Feb 24th--- any thoughts as to if you could attend? (upper west side of manhattan) @erikdidriksen @erelpi10 @wr3n @raygungirls @sueawesome @kenficara @angelinapowersuit @manysounds @theseventwenty @dorit @defaultdave @pugetive @chucknamaste @quillwraith @swampjaw @sunnymae @matt42 (and anyone else i left out!)

• @wr3n  Feb 7

Unfortunately that's crunch time for me- I'll be loading in to a theatre around then

• @sunnymae  Feb 7

Post FAWM better 4 me. If I'm falling behind I'll be in crunch time to get some more material out there. I'm looking forward to Gathering whenever it happens though and thank you so much for offering to host as always Mike. 😮)

• @mikeskliar  Feb 7

@wr3n -thanks for responding, I understand and I'll keep you in the loop. Any time in Feb that does work better for you , btw? (feel free to pvt me/email, whatever, etc if that's easier) (and to everyone- it is alot fun if we can make some date in Feb work, as that way the stuff we write right there in person becomes part of the whole FAWM-universe... (somewhere there are some funny songs/videos out there of prior feb gatherings)

• @wr3n  Feb 7

@mikeskliar Honestly it's more likely than not any schedule I get will be changed in the coming weeks, so don't worry about it for planning! I'll make it if I can, but that'll be mostly luck. 😝

• @mikeskliar  Feb 7

@wr3n ok thanks!

• @mikeskliar  Feb 7

@sunnymae - that's the beauty of the gathering in feb- you'll end up leaving with perhaps a few more songs then you came with! no worries either way, and hopefully we'll get it together in feb or march or sometime!

• @pixeltender Feb 7

astoria! recovering from the flu, already missed a big chunk of the month. trying to make up for lost time

• @kenficara  Feb 7

@mikeskliar The only time I could do that weekend is Saturday afternoon or early evening.

• @defaultdave  Feb 8

23rd my blues band is playing American Trash. Could do Saturday earlier, or Sunday.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 8

ok-- let's see if anyone else responds.. very very tentatively, perhaps saturday afternoon the 23rd? but lets see if anyone else jumps in..

• @swampjaw  Feb 8

Saturday the 23rd is possible.

• @pugetive  Feb 8

I haven't even started yet! But I'm taking a staycation the week leading up to the 23rd/24th so that weekend's fine by me.

• @eargoggle  Feb 8

Brooklyn!

• @mikeskliar  Feb 16

So--- thinking of hosting another NYC FAWM gathering- Saturday afternoon Feb 23 --- any thoughts as to if you could attend? (upper west side of manhattan) @erikdidriksen @erelpi10 @wr3n @raygungirls @sueawesome @kenficara @angelinapowersuit @manysounds @theseventwenty @dorit @defaultdave @pugetive @chucknamaste @quillwraith @swampjaw @sunnymae @matt42 @swampjaw (and anyone else i left out!) @eargoggle @pugetive @pixeltender

• @kenficara  Feb 16

I won't be here next weekend @mikeskliar.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 16

(and anyone else i left out?!)

• @sueawesome  Feb 16

I definitely can’t do February, not sure about March at the moment

my email is linked in my bio so stick me on a list (since fawm is ghost town after March 5th) if there’s ever anything in late spring or summer, I most likely could/would/will/have to. let me know of any and all bc you never know

@mikeskliar

• @pugetive  Feb 17

@mikeskliar I wasn't able to give proper attention to FAWM this year, alas, so my planned "FAWMcation" this week has morphed into an out-of-town trip. Sorry, I can't make it but NEXT YEAR DAMNIT!

• @wr3n  Feb 17

@mikeskliar I'll find out yet- I have a event in chinatown from 1pm to about 4, but I might be able to get away earlier

• @corinnecurcio Feb 17

Hi Mike - I keep saying I'll get there again some time. Saturday would be better - I gotta watch my girl Gaga at the Oscars on Sunday!

• @quillwraith  Feb 17

Saturday afternoon Feb 23, would be just about perfect (I get out of work near there at 2:30, whereas any other day it's a long way from where I am). I'd definitely attend.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 18

thanks everyone -- I'll keep you posted!

• @mikeskliar  Feb 20

Trying to get a headcount and see who is in —-//a whole bunch of people I haven’t heard one way or the other – hello out there ?

• @raygungirls Feb 20

Sorry, but due to health, and job and kids, I can't make the two hour drive into Manhattan. Would love to meet y'all in person some day though!

• @mikeskliar  Feb 21

Will be making a decision re:Saturday tonight (thurs night) - seems like not a great date for alot of folks, (everyone's busy all the time, occupational hazard of living here, i guess! no worries!) .. but if anyone didn't weigh in on being able to come or not and wants to, it'd be helpful....

• @mikeskliar  Feb 22

and..we'll have to do it another time. For one thing, just too many people who can't make it this Saturday.. (and it wasn't a great day for me, to be honest). So... let's try to get together sometime in March or April...

• @gummunq 7 weeks

Hihi from Brooklyn! Hope to come to a FAWM over party (@mikeskliar). I could also possibly host a tiny gathering in my apt in Crown Heights!

• @mikeskliar  7 weeks

OK, second try at a possible date for a NYC FAWM after-party- Saturday (either afternoon and/or evening) March 9th --- any thoughts as to if you could attend? (upper west side of manhattan) @erikdidriksen @erelpi10 @wr3n @raygungirls @sueawesome @kenficara @angelinapowersuit @manysounds @theseventwenty @dorit @defaultdave @pugetive @chucknamaste @quillwraith @swampjaw @sunnymae @matt42 @swampjaw (and anyone else i left out!) @eargoggle @pugetive @pixeltender @gummunq

• @mikeskliar  7 weeks

and ps (those folks I inadvertently left out of the message above) -OK, second try at a possible date for a NYC FAWM after-party- Saturday (either afternoon and/or evening) March 9th --- any thoughts as to if you could attend? (upper west side of manhattan) @sunnymae @corinnecurcio

• @gummunq 7 weeks

I’d be in!

• @sunnymae  7 weeks

I think that would work for me!

• @sueawesome  7 weeks

@mikeskliar i was sick most of feb, still not 100, I have to play catch-up all March with life stuff. I won’t be able to come 😞
    keep me on a list for future stuff though!
    I hope it’s a blast

• @mikeskliar  7 weeks

UPDATE on the NYC gathering- this weekend (march 9-10) also problematic for several (and turns out not a great weekend for me)...
    Let's think about sometime during one of the following weekends (maybe a sat late afternoon into sat evening?)
    March 23rd, 30th, or April 6th.. if possible, let me know which works or doesn't work of those three weekends, etc. thanks! @erikdidriksen @erelpi10 @wr3n @raygungirls @sueawesome @kenficara @angelinapowersuit @manysounds @theseventwenty @dorit @defaultdave @pugetive @chucknamaste @quillwraith @swampjaw @sunnymae @matt42 @swampjaw (and anyone else i left out!) @eargoggle @pugetive @pixeltender @gummunq @sunnymae @corinnecurcio
    we’ll get this together sooner or later!

mike

• @the3queens  7 weeks

NYers - You're not too far from Delaware. Consider our weekend East Coast FAWMstock getaway last weekend in July.

• @quillwraith  6 weeks

March 23rd would be difficult but I think I can make it. March 30th or April 6th should be fine.

• @sunnymae  6 weeks

April 6 😀

• @mikeskliar  6 weeks

April 6th actually works best for me as well!

• @gummunq 5 weeks

I think I can do apr 6 too!

• @mikeskliar  2 weeks

not sure who is still here, but just to let everyone know, looks like this coming april 6th I'll be busy.... maybe in later spring or summer, perhaps? (and yeah, its possible i might be able to do that FAWMstock thing at the end of July down in...wherever it is...

• @sunnymae  2 weeks

Thanks Mike. We'll make it happen. Yes FAWMSTOCK sounds like a lot of fun doesn't it?

• @chrishope 2 weeks

fawmstock... if i can come from eng..ger..land

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...