New York City and nearby

Skip to the bottom

• @mikeskliar  3 weeks

Hi all, once again, for the 14th time, NYC here in the house! I'm in Manhattan- and in many prior years it's been great to see some of the other NYC-area fawm folks at an in-person gathering, too. Who else here is from NYC, or nearby? šŸ˜€

• @erikdidriksen  3 weeks

I'm in a New York state of mind.

• @swampjaw  3 weeks

Upstate representing.

• @kahlo2013  3 weeks

Cheers to the NYers! I like NY! The city and upstate and west!

• @oneslowtyper  3 weeks

Upstate and buried under 2 feet of snow!

• @mikeskliar  3 weeks

great to see some of the New York State & NYC fawm people checkin' in! šŸ˜€

• @sunnymae  3 weeks

Sunnymae chiming in New Yorkers!

• @sunnymae  3 weeks

Buried up here in the Catskills!

• @matt42 3 weeks

I'm from NYC - queens!

• @oneslowtyper  3 weeks

Brooklyn born in 1960, but raised in the Adirondacks since 1962.

• @quillwraith  3 weeks

Hello from Brooklyn!

• @chucknamaste 3 weeks

Iā€™m in Brooklyn!

• @mikeskliar  2 weeks

hi again to all the new yorkers, near and not quite as near!

Hopefully, (especially if folks get really interested in it) we can have an in -person gathering near the end of FAWM, perhaps? (always love those fawm gatherings that happen in feb, as opposed to after its over, but, as they say, its all good šŸ˜€ )

• @chrishope 2 weeks

in spirit

• @pugetive  2 weeks

Have been lame about FAWM the last two years and might be lame about it this year, but I'm still around in BK! I got to attend the gathering three years ago and would love to attend another...

• @kenficara  2 weeks

Hello all. I'll be back again this year.

• @defaultdave  2 weeks

NYC! Helping produce a Vaudeville show early in February, so hoping to get freed up after.

BTW if anyone needs a welcoming open mic to perform FAWM songs, would suggest Paddy Reily's on Wednesday nights, starts at 7:30, ends when the list does.

• @dorit 2 weeks

New Yorker here. Gonna be a busy February but will try to write a few.

• @theseventwenty 2 weeks

Bensonhurst Brooklyn checking in

• @manysounds 1 week

New Paltz representing

• @sueawesome  1 week

I live about 2 hours south of ny but grew up on Long Island and lived in the city during art school

does that count? : )

• @raygungirls 1 week

Queens New Yorker here.... but living upstate, in the Hudson area for the past 5 years. I see quite a lot of Upstaters this year!

• @sayda 1 week

Rochester, NY here!

• @wr3n  1 week

Upper east side till March for work! thankfully, I have a few weeks off in February!

• @erelpi10 1 week

hello neighbors -- i'm in the nyc area

• @mikeskliar  1 week

I'm thinking maybe of hosting another NYC FAWM gathering- possibly sometime either Saturday Feb 23 or Sunday Feb 24th--- any thoughts as to if you could attend? (upper west side of manhattan) @erikdidriksen @erelpi10 @wr3n @raygungirls @sueawesome @kenficara @angelinapowersuit @manysounds @theseventwenty @dorit @defaultdave @pugetive @chucknamaste @quillwraith @swampjaw @sunnymae @matt42 (and anyone else i left out!)

• @wr3n  1 week

Unfortunately that's crunch time for me- I'll be loading in to a theatre around then

• @sunnymae  1 week

Post FAWM better 4 me. If I'm falling behind I'll be in crunch time to get some more material out there. I'm looking forward to Gathering whenever it happens though and thank you so much for offering to host as always Mike. šŸ˜®)

• @mikeskliar  1 week

@wr3n -thanks for responding, I understand and I'll keep you in the loop. Any time in Feb that does work better for you , btw? (feel free to pvt me/email, whatever, etc if that's easier) (and to everyone- it is alot fun if we can make some date in Feb work, as that way the stuff we write right there in person becomes part of the whole FAWM-universe... (somewhere there are some funny songs/videos out there of prior feb gatherings)

• @wr3n  1 week

@mikeskliar Honestly it's more likely than not any schedule I get will be changed in the coming weeks, so don't worry about it for planning! I'll make it if I can, but that'll be mostly luck. šŸ˜

• @mikeskliar  1 week

@wr3n ok thanks!

• @mikeskliar  1 week

@sunnymae - that's the beauty of the gathering in feb- you'll end up leaving with perhaps a few more songs then you came with! no worries either way, and hopefully we'll get it together in feb or march or sometime!

• @pixeltender 1 week

astoria! recovering from the flu, already missed a big chunk of the month. trying to make up for lost time

• @kenficara  1 week

@mikeskliar The only time I could do that weekend is Saturday afternoon or early evening.

• @defaultdave  1 week

23rd my blues band is playing American Trash. Could do Saturday earlier, or Sunday.

• @mikeskliar  1 week

ok-- let's see if anyone else responds.. very very tentatively, perhaps saturday afternoon the 23rd? but lets see if anyone else jumps in..

• @swampjaw  1 week

Saturday the 23rd is possible.

• @pugetive  1 week

I haven't even started yet! But I'm taking a staycation the week leading up to the 23rd/24th so that weekend's fine by me.

• @eargoggle  1 week

Brooklyn!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...