New Gear?

Skip to the bottom

• @tcelliott  Jan 19

Got any new gear you're itching to use? Are you buying anything especially for Fawm 2019? Go ahead and spill it.

• @spingo  Jan 19

I got my first iphone and plan to use it like a tiny 4-track, and maybe for larger things! Music on Android was just terrible.

• @guatecoop  Jan 19

Yeah, I’ll admit it. I’m always adding. I think that the Yamaha cp30 electric piano from the 70s that I got will come in handy. I can imagine many uses for it. I also put a Seymour Duncan twang banger pickup in the bridge of a Danelectro danoblaster (that I never ever used) will be a great telecaster sound that I always like. I just picked up a Silvertone classical guitar for $20 and that should get some use, too. I also added a bunch of mics of different types that I will also use quite a bit. It is interesting how different instruments can inspire different songs. I hope that happens this FAWM like it has in the past.

• @standup  Jan 19

GIzmotron 2.0 on one of my electric guitars. Bought on impulse when it went on sale. The setup is not done, and not easy. But I hope to use it in FAWM for sure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPBJMq6...

• @tcelliott  Jan 19

My wife bought me the best guitar for Christmas. Modern Player telecaster HSS configuration... she rocks. Definitely packs a punch.

Just ordered a usb microphone in case I need it for a podcast/show. Also bought a cowbell for the drum kit and a woodblock for percussion thingies.

Oh and I have the Joyo American amp pedal that just came in. It's cool as hell. Also a caline delay that is fun but likely just a toy or rare effect... and the caline overdrive that I'm not impressed with at all.

• @majordanby  Jan 19

I’ve got a new expensive-ish studio mic and I am building a home made vocal booth with old sofa cushions. I hope that my recordings will be pure clarity 🀞

• @paulhenry  Jan 19

I've mentioned it a few places, but I'm seeing if I can shift my recording platform to Linux. That's the new thing in my studio. Since I'm low on the learning curve, my only thought of a "plan" is to keep things simple.

• @scottlake  Jan 19

New to me but used Yamaha FG JR1 3/4 size acoustic. New iRig Stage mic/preamp. Apple Music Memos

• @fuzzy  Jan 19

I recently picked up (another) Northern soprano ukulele.
    It has a nice harsh snap to the sound with almost no sustain, just the way I like it.
    I plan to use it a bunch.

• @vomvorton  Jan 19

New iPad, Hofner Shorty travel electric guitar. Both with an eye towards being able to work on song ideas on my work lunch break.

Aside from that I've mostly been clearing stuff out - got rid of an old guitar and bass and a bunch of FX pedals I never used. Trying to make my studio less cluttered and more productive.

Oh, I also invested in a cowbell towards the end of last year. I needed it for one specific song but it'd be a shame not to use it again...

• @bootlegger Jan 20

I got a little midi keyboard and some cool synth vsts. My favorite of which is u-he repro. Also got BFD3 for drums over the last year and have done some stuff with it. I really like it. Just using the included kits still but they sound really good and the groove editor is awesome.

• @petemurphy  Jan 20

I've made a few gear purchases in the last 12 months -

A Kemper Profiling Amp
    A Roland TD17kv electronic drum kit
    A Schecter Telecaster

And probably a few other bits that I can't think of right now.

@tcelliott - I saw your Tele on the Instagrams. It looks ace!

• @jacobeverettwallace  Jan 20

I acquired a Gretsch hollowbody not too long after last year's FAWM and it made an instant impact on my songs and performances: Gretsch 5420T in Aspen Green. Love this guitar! It was something of an impulse/random buy but ended up being perfect for me. I'm definitely a Gretsch guy now.

I also have a small pedal board that may end up in the fray too, also recently purchased a Line6 Helix Stomp which I have yet to dial in.

Hoping to add a new mic or two before FAWM starts but we'll see.

• @tcelliott  Jan 20

@petemurphy I'm very jealous of your Kemper. And your drum kit. I'd be jealous of your tele but as you've seen, I'm already set in that area.

• @edwardsmusic Jan 20

For Christmas, I bought a Steinberg recording pack; it contained the Steinberg UR22mkII interface as well as a condenser microphone.
    I plan to use the interface to record electric guitar and bass. I haven't had time to set up the condenser microphone however, because there is a lot of junk in the space where I record.

• @coolparadiso  Jan 20

New Yamaha keyboard a bouzouki a violin, a nylon string acoustic guitar upgraded plug ins for my Daw! Still not where i want it but moving forward.

• @oddbod  Jan 20

@majordanby Dan what mic did you get and how much of an improvement soundwise has it made
    I was toying with the idea of an AKG414

• @bootlegger Jan 20

@oddbod im obviously not majordanby but I have pretty extensive experience with the 414xls. It's a nice mic but not my favorite. It's a little boxy sounding to be honest. I get better results believe it or not with a rode nt2a for like half the price or less. It's a good cheap work horse. I'm playing around with the idea of getting a Vanguard v13 to get some tube flavor for a relatively low price. Either that or a telefunken copperhead.

• @oddbod  Jan 20

@bootlegger cheers for your thoughts. I have cheapish a large diaphragm condenser (SE Electronics) which does a decent enough job. I just wonder how much difference an upgrade would make. I think a lot of it is in the head and the gratification of using a nice bit of equipment.

• @bootlegger Jan 20

@oddbod yeah a lot of it is psychological. The studio I work at has a matched pair of u87s. I still reach for the nt2a these days most of the time. The wow factor wore off after awhile on some of the more expensive mics.

• @cblack  Jan 20

Since 50/90, I've bought a pedal board, power supply and 7 pedals. I currently have an absolutely amazing Fender player strat in tidepool on lay-by... Probably won't finish paying it off and bringing it home 'til March...

Not that it matters, mind you. I still don't have an instrument mic (which I wanted to buy during last FAWM...) and no drum kit. I'll be doing EDM this year. I'm fine with that. If I could swing it, I'd try to record myself on guitar in a collab with someone, but it's not likely.

• @shortdan  Jan 20

I picked up a vintage Omnichord OM27 recently so I'll be hoping to use that at some point.

• @majordanby  Jan 20

@oddbod I am getting a RODE NT2000, not picked it up yet but I’m hoping it will improve my vocal recording!
    The one you’re going for is in a similar price bracket I think

• @tcelliott  Jan 20

@shortdan very jealous of your omnichord.... everyone I've found has been more expensive than I've wanted to invest.... so far.

• @shortdan  Jan 20

@tcelliott I'd been after one for years but had always been priced out. Finally picked one up for Β£100 ($130). In great condition too!

• @oddbod  Jan 20

@majordanby Okay thanks. I've never used a Rode but they always have very good reviews

• @guatecoop  Jan 20

@shortdan I’d never heard of an Omnichord before so I checked out a video and I can see why you wanted one! Wow those are a cool blend of many instruments and I could see that being used all over the place. Thanks A LOT for giving me something else to obsess about!

• @shortdan  Jan 20

@guatecoop πŸ˜†

• @dragondreams  Jan 20

Five string acoustic bass, five string electric bass, defretted four string bass, home-made bass, hybrid (valve pre, solid state power) amp.
    There's a chance my stuff might have a bit of a bass focus this year. πŸ˜‰

• @klaus  Jan 20

I got me better monitors ( Genelec M030 ), headphones ( Sennheiser HD 600 ) and mic ( sE2200a II C ). Everything was 20-25 % off.

I still don't hear that much difference between sE and my old Rode M3. But sE has to be a better microphone. It cost more and is bigger. πŸ˜€

It's the same thing as with YouTube mixing tutorials. I can never hear the differences those little alterations make. I don't need more expensive gear, I need to train my ears and get the best out of what I got now.

• @tsunamidaily Jan 20

i finally got a drum set that i can set up. i'm supposed to be getting my grandparents' old piano from my aunt, but it will need to be tuned. i got an antique mandotar but it will have to be worked on to sound correctly. i got an electric thumb piano and a small 8-note mini-steel drum. but i am most excited about the d'angelico jazz guitar i got on paypal credit as the stupid deal of the day on musicians' friend just the other day. it will be arriving with an irish tin whistle soon.

but, of course, my desktop is on the fritz, so no recording in february is likely. i'm hoping that is fixed by 50/90 and that my submarine pro pickup gets here by then as well. i also got a korg bass volca and free the tone flight time delay pedal.

i am blessed.

• @timfatchen  Jan 20

My daughter gave me a lovely concert uke, the best locally available. This means I'll have to learn to play it, rather than idly strumming as I do with the $27 Christmas Ukulele.

• @zecoop  Jan 21

I'm always picking up things that I find on Craigslist or Goodwill. Similar to my brother's Yamaha 70's keyboard, I found a CP25 which should be interesting. The biggest addition was free, as I already had a midi keyboard that I could never figure out midi with. We'll now that I have switched to Reaper, I seem to have midi capability now, so I've downloaded a bunch of free VSTs. Should be fun!

@shortdan - unlike my brother, I know all about Omnichords! I see them all the time in shopgoodwill but they always go too high. Hopefully someday!

• @petemurphy  Jan 21

@klaus - I do everything on my HD600's. It's not easy for me to use studio monitors (my 'studio' is in the corner of the lounge at home), so all recording and mixing is done on those headphones.

• @guatecoop  Jan 21

Wow @klaus what monitors did you have before!?! Are they a huge upgrade?

• @spingo  Jan 21

Oh, also, most recent purchases not specifically for FAWM, but that will be used:
    - Zoom MS-60B, my first bass multifx pedal, largely for synths and weirdness.
    https://reverb.com/p/zoomms-60b

- JBL 305p Mk II monitors. Just super night and day with my old setup, which worked fine. I'm a little scared at how naked I'm gonna sound in these. I played St. Vincent's "Lost Ageless" and my smittenness was solidified forever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Tla...

• @cblack  Jan 21

I think I may actually be able to afford an instrument mic (Shure SM57) if I don't mind adding a couple of weeks to paying off the strat...

Definitely considering it! So thanks FAWM, you enabler you. 😝

• @klaus  Jan 21

@petemurphy HD 600's are good. The bass response doesn't have sub-bass, but my music doesn't need it. Bass response is very flat and the important middle range is sweet yet neutral.

And now, finally, mixes sound the same on headphones and speakers. ( Only now my old Fawm demos sound bad. )

@guatecoop I had some cheap 40 years old OR speakers. Last year they started to buzz at certain bass frequencies. I removed the cloth grills and the outer edge of the paper woofers had almost completely worn off. So, yeah, Genelecs are a huge upgrade, but any new active monitors would have been. Now I need to "upgrade" my room acoustics. πŸ˜€

• @w1n  Jan 21

I have bought a Korg Minilogue cause I needed a more reliable synth for live use. Also got a Critter and Guitar Pocket Piano synth from a friend. Sold a lot of pedals I didn't use and replaced them with a Meris Enzo synth guitar pedal, a Keeley Caverns V2 delay and reverb pedal. Plus some various drive pedals. Got a really nice Sigma hummingbird copy for my birthday, it's actually my first acoustic guitar.

Most importantly we have moved the studio to a new location with a much better room sound.
    Unfortunately a lot of the studios analog synths were fetched by its owner, since he has moved out of town.

• @shortdan  Jan 21

How are you finding the Pocket Piano @w1n? I'd love to add some Critter & Guitari quirkiness to my setup at some point! The Organelle looks super cool 😍

• @torniojaws  Jan 21

In the last Black Friday (Black Week, I would say!), I got a whole bunch of new VST plugins which I'm itching to use πŸ˜€

• @w1n  Jan 21

@shortdan I like it, especially the arpeggiator patches sound magical. I really want to buy the Organelle too, but think I have to cool down my GAS for a while now. πŸ˜€

• @kissinginpublic  Jan 21

I've got a new digital piano and a new electro acoustic. I've mainly got rid of stuff though... And getting rid of more to replace with new things!

• @chasingandromeda  Jan 21

just picked up a lovely piece of retro gear that I am itching to try. It's a Korg X-911 Guitar Synthesizer. Very interesting sound and takes CV input as well. Pretty sure it will make an appearance or two this year.

Here's a cool video of someone sing it via CV as an actual synth. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSiGL...

• @konemake  Jan 21

I've got only some new software and samples. Most my hardware is not around because bathroom renovation + other chaos, so I have kind of opposite situation, I gotta use less stuff than for example year ago.

• @brownium  Jan 21

I got a new bass trombone, and a new mouthpiece for my trumpet. Both as gifts from my wife.

• @natrin Jan 21

Got a new Shubb capo for Christmas 😁

• @krayzie003  Jan 21

All my new gear this year is in the form of VST and VSTi plugins. I found some great deals around the holidays and got iZotope's Beat Tweaker, Stutter Edit, Iris and Trash. I also picked up a few orchestral VST plugins by Sonivox but don't know how much I will use them during FAWM. I might start licensing Serum this week through Splice. It should be very useful as I plan to consetrate primarily on instrumental EDM this FAWM.

• @frenchcricket  Jan 21

Prophet Rev2. No clue how it works I always just put it on the initial sound

• @caitlinpieper Jan 21

Several years ago my father purchased a beautiful hollow body guitar for me. I've always allowed the cello to consume most of my practice, so guitar has always fallen to the side. Lately I've been pulling out the guitar more so I'm hoping to use it as a writing tool this year. I know that's not "new" equipment, but it's a new writing tool for me! Happy FAWM, everyone πŸ˜€

• @yarimurray  Jan 21

I have obtained a bunch of new stuff since last FAWM largely to use in a new band I started playing with shortly after last FAWM ended. I'm playing guitar, keyboards, and some percussion so I needed some gear to use at live gigs, as much of my guitar and keyboard stuff was done in my DAW with VSTi and MIDI. I got the Avid 11 Rack (with the added Sweetwater presets) when the price went down with the release of their "new and improved" modeler (the Headrush). I'm still dialing it in but it has been fun to play with and sounds great. I also got a Motif Rack XS which has a ton of great instruments and sounds fantastic. I had to upgrade my keyboard controller, as I needed a full 88 keys and wanted hammer action to make piano parts more natural to play. I decided on the M-Audio Hammer 88, which I have absolutely been loving! I had been using the M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 prior to that and their gear has never disappointed. I have been borrowing some congas from a bandmate and will likely make him

• @yarimurray  Jan 21

an offer at some point. My wife also recently bought me a Hohner melodica because the band is doing a Hooters tune. I love the sound and expressiveness of it and hope to use it a ton this year for FAWM since my ongoing efforts to learn to play the harmonica have been frustrating to say the least. Lots of fun stuff to play with for sure! And I'm probably helping put my Sweetwater rep's kids through college! πŸ˜€

• @leah0k  Jan 21

@fuzzy that thing looks awesome! Like a rock n roll uke haha!

I got a little loopy loop pedal for Christmas ... two years ago... we’ll see if I can figure it out to use for FAWM here and there. I suck at making myself leave my comfort zone- which is why I’m making a point to do exactly that this year in lots of different ways.

• @bootlegger Jan 21

@frenchcricket the Rev 2 is on my shortlist of hardware synths! That's awesome that you got one. If you're looking to get deeper into synthesis I would recommend syntorial. It's super immersive and teaches you all the ins and outs of subtractive synthesis. I recently did it and can say it's definitely worth the cost of admission. Might not be your bag but I figured I would mention it if you were looking into a jumping off point of making your own patches.

• @silvermachine  Jan 21

@fuzzy that uke is the most sensible shaped guitar thing I've ever seen, mate.
    I buy a Β£2000 guitar and 'crash' some twat has designed it to fall over every time I put it down. You wouldnt buy a dog with three legs would ya, but every guitar is designed like a paraplegic. Crash! another dent! That uke of yours is what natural selection should be giving us. Guitars that stand up.

• @fuzzy  Jan 21

And ukes are cheaper than guitars, as well, @silvermachine.
    That one was forty Canadian dollars.

• @ralphhogaboom Jan 22

Great forum topic!

I'm looking to borrow some electronic drums, and buy a Korg Vulca modular synth. Yummy!

• @chasingandromeda  Jan 22

Looks like I will have one more new piece to work with this year. Just got word it shipped. Wasn't sure it would be released in time.

If you are into Roland Space Echo or Echoplex style tape delay, this has the possibility of being a monster. I am hoping I can get through the work day unscathed tomorrow so I can get to know it.

https://www.strymon.net/products/vola...

• @tseaver  Jan 22

For Christmas, my lovely wife gave me a whole basketful of hand percussion (cowbell, guiro, shakers, triangle), and I've made myself a pineapple-juice-can guira (the guiro is gourd-like). On Craigslist, I picked up a new-ish Silvertone ES-335 clone and an Epiphone SG short-scale bass. I added a Meinl bass-box, too, and a greenie OD pedal.

• @sunnymae  Jan 22

A new AT 4050 mic , focusrite clarett 2pre interface, Adam t5v monitors, some new acoustic panels and a great new set of headphones Audio Technica. I was due for an upgrade to my home studio but FAWM always gives me the impetus to get cracking!

• @sunnymae  Jan 22

Oh...and a new Martin cutaway!!

• @sph  Jan 22

@sunnymae sounds like a complete home studio. Thinking of building acoustic panels right now.

• @boyatheart  Jan 22

I have quite a bit of new and "new" gear compared to last year.
    3 new guitars: A Fiesta Red Squier Bullet Hardtail Strat, a Strat made from parts I had lying around, which I painted Capri Orange and a brand new Fender Japan Traditional Jaguar in white.

The Jaguar was a surprise gift from a Japanese friend (yeah I know right? pretty amazing!)

I also have a few new pedals, I traded my Quilter Tone Block 200 for a Quilter Micro Block 45 (amplifier) and I built a speaker isolation cabinet for recording.
    They've all been put to good use since I got them, seeing as they are the tools of my trade, but I'm still itching to get them FAWMing.

• @tawalker  Jan 22

Ooooh, tons of new stuff since my last FAWM (2017) πŸ˜€ I've put together a "briefcase studio" for mobile recording:

- TASCAM DP-006 digital 4-track
    - Behringer GDI21 electric guitar DI/pre-amp
    - ZOOM G1on guitar multi-FX
    - Stylophone Gen X-1 analogue synth
    - Pocket Operator PO-12 Rhythm drum-machine
    - Myers "The Grip" condenser mike/pickup

I also plan to use for the first time, my new custom-built Buzzards Field solid electric ukulele-bass πŸ˜€

• @songsville Jan 22

A heater! On the left of my desk and although my mouse hand is on the opposite side and still gets cold, at least my fretting hand stays warm ...

• @rex Jan 22

Definitely a DI so I can start recording my bass. I'm new to FAWM and recording in general.

• @nancihobson1  Jan 22

I've got a new Rhodes usb mic and I just downloaded Ableton Live Lite last night. Not sure how good I'll be with it by Feb 1st. But I'll give it a try. It comes with some decent tutorials.

• @unkept  Jan 22

When I got my new job in October, my co-workers (from where I was leaving) pooled together and bought me my first bass guitar! I was shocked.

I haven't spent enough time with it yet, but I hope to use it on my songs this FAWM. πŸ˜€

• @bootlegger Jan 22

@unkept those are some amazing coworkers! So awesome to hear!

@rex I'm a big fan of DI recorded bass. Always seems so much easier to mix in a song than a miked cab. The forums are a great resource for recording tips if you get stuck too!

• @toms  Jan 22

I got the Sonarworks software for correcting bad speakers and rooms and headphones. Recommended by my friend who is a past AES president. Awesome.

• @burrsettles  8 weeks

I've picked up some drum machines since last FAWM. I'd never had one before and now I have three! My goal is to use them all at least once. Maybe along with the #fourtrack challenge?
    * BOSS Dr Rhythm DR-660 (early 1990s)
    * KORG Volca Beats
    * Pocket Operator PO-12

I've also hand-built a few guitar pedals since last FAWM, including a Tube Screamer clone, a Big Muff clone, and a Fuzz Factory clone (all with a few extra mods). I hope to use each of them once, as well.

• @vomvorton  8 weeks

@burrsettles I got a PO-12 for Christmas. Really cool little thing, the only problem is that it's so small that I feel like I need to leave it out in conspicuous places or I'll forget that I have it!?

• @spingo  8 weeks

@vomvorton @burrsettles Man, I love the sound of the PO-12. I put samples of it on my iPhone for GarageBand via BeatHawk. Make sure to play it live! That's where it really gets good and wiggly.

• @alamous 8 weeks

I got a Rickenbacker 360 (Jetblack, 92')last september and it's awesome 😁

Also I have a 12 string electric coming, not sure if it's done by February tho, and a Strymon Volante -tape echo pedal. Not sure if that one is arriving before the end of FAWM either.

• @torniojaws  8 weeks

Alrighty, got my last bits of pieces ready to go, after getting an iLok dongle, so I can use Slate Trigger 2 for drums and giving the AIR Hybrid 3 synth a whirl, along with about 8 new expansions for my main synth ReFX Nexus 2 πŸ˜€

• @silvermachine  8 weeks

You guys have got so much gear, you'll need roadies and a lighting rig next to do FAWM

• @adforperu  8 weeks

Since last FAWM, I have an Epiphone Sheraton II, a Kawai digital piano, and a Karimba!

• @fulanin 8 weeks

Didn't buy it for fawm, but I recently got a strat and a midi keyboard with a launchpad.

• @toms  8 weeks

I got a new handle for my 1947 Gibson amplifier. I am certain that it will improve the sound! πŸ˜€ https://photos.app.goo.gl/NrkPQNZTR52...

• @tseaver  8 weeks

Dunno, @toms, I think I'd be worried about subtracting all those years of mojo stored up in the old handle. πŸ˜€

• @toms  8 weeks

@tseaver , that's a good point. Perhaps I should attach it in an ornamental way?

• @airbagtester  8 weeks

It's all a blur every year... I just churn through stuff like a music store caught in a cyclone, the eye of which centers on a telecaster, fuzz pedal, and a Tech21 Flyrig DI box. I figure it's cheaper than building motorcycles or owning a boat though (no offense to boat-owning motorcyclists - I am jealous!)

I think I have a keyboard stand coming my way though.

• @tseaver  8 weeks

@toms Maybe use it to hold the Sennheiser e609 dangling in front of the amp?

• @toms  8 weeks

@tseaver Of course! Brilliant. It will isolate the mic from all but truly musical vibrations! πŸ˜€ Sometimes the best new piece of equipment is an old piece of equipment!

• @jamkar  8 weeks

I am finally putting together a cigar box guitar. Starting this week!

• @tseaver  8 weeks

@jamkar Loads of fun. I still noodle on the first one I ever made, but haven't written with it in years.
    https://storage.ning.com/topology/res...

• @tcelliott  8 weeks

Reading through this list has made me jealous... even of things I don't know how to use/play. But it's cool.

Just this week a wooden block and a cowbell both came in. The 'bell can be put on my drum set, but since I can't really mic it, it'll probably be hand held and hit vigorously.

• @alonetogether 8 weeks

I picked up a 12 string acoustic that i havent gotten around to restringing and playing since i got it, and a little toy xylophone thats ive only played around with once so im excited to actually use them

• @w1n  8 weeks

Finally got myself a new violin bow, so I can play the musical saw again. Also picked up a box of various percussion from the next door "Goodwill" /thrift store.

• @keithcuts 8 weeks

@fuzzy what a uke!

• @garlajoie  8 weeks

I got serious about assembling my proper studio this year. Loving my 5 inch monitors (ESI nEar, apparently discontinued but got them cheap and sounding great!), tenor uke, a new semi-hallow body, and full size digital piano with weighted keys (and USB out for midi control!). Very stoked about all the gear at my disposal. Very grateful.

• @ianuarius  7 weeks

I just spent 50 bucks on strings. So that's my new equipment for FAWM. 😝

• @haim  7 weeks

Yes!
    I got a new electric Guitar (my first).
    and a new Bass guitar (my first).
    Can we rock or what?

@burrsettles , enjoy your machines!

• @toms  7 weeks

Congrats, @haim What guitar and bass?

• @haim  7 weeks

@toms, thanks. I got electric of Squire. Bass of Squire as well. Simple is beautiful...

• @kraftec 7 weeks

A new drumkit, and a mixer! Hopefully this will be my first album recorded with all live drums πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• @toms  7 weeks

@haim I got a squire tele a few months back, and I love it. πŸ˜€

• @airbagtester  7 weeks

@kraftec Nice!

• @darkmantle  7 weeks

I got a Roland GR-55 guitar synthesizer. I can now "play" the organ, sax, or tons of other sounds.

• @cblack  7 weeks

@kraftec So jealous!

• @mikeb 7 weeks

Just bought a Chinese violin from Shopgoodwill.com for $22, will challenge myself to use it for at least one song - even though I've never played a violin before!

• @guatecoop  7 weeks

Wow @kraftec that is great! I always love hearing when more people join the #live-drums team. That will be exciting and provide some different inspiration.

• @jacobeverettwallace  7 weeks

I'm super stoked, I've got two new pieces of gear arriving. I was given some extra birthday money so I splurged a little. A Warm Audio WA-47 mic and a WA-76 compressor. Can't wait to get them dialed in! I've always wanted to try a 47 for my vocal style.

• @netnoise 7 weeks

Musician's Friend has the CAD VS1 vocal shield on sale today at $50 (it's usually $140). I have one of these and it's very nice for recording clean vocals in my messy studio.
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...

• @cblack  5 weeks

I decided I'd go ahead and buy a Shure SM57 when I next get paid, on Monday. I've never wanted a weekend to end quickly more than right now lol.

And yes, this IS for FAWM purposes. πŸ˜€

• @cblack  4 weeks

https://fawm.org/songs/95623/

Bought the SM57, made this. Hooray! I expect I'll be having loads of fun with this mic. πŸ˜€

• @bootlegger 4 weeks

I thought I already posted about this but I bought a new guitar this year right around the start of fawm. It's hard to find left handed guitars.
    Especially decent inexpensive ones. I bought a 2007 epiphone 335 dot from eBay. It's awesome. It's the only electric I'll have access to for the rest of fawm so any electric work will be on that this year. It's a great guitar and I got it for an awesome price.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...