Electronica FAWM!

Skip to the bottom

• @cblack  Jan 18

Hey! Who's doing electronica this year? I am!

Let's get some EDM love happening and do this thing!

• @quintonbarnes  Jan 18

Hopefully I'll venture into it! I won't speak too soon though haha

• @ianuarius  Jan 18

Me, probably. Bought Spire, so I gotta test it out, yea?

Kinda related i guess, I'm making a user interface for a plugin in Illustrator. 😝

• @scottlake  Jan 18

Mine will probably be drone-ish if I go electronic at all

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 18

I'm sure I'll have a lofi electronic song or three good year *waves*

• @spingo  Jan 18

There will be noodles.

• @quru Jan 18

Since last FAWM I've acquired Arturia Minibrute 2, Elektron Digitakt and small modular system, after being fully in the box for several years I'm focusing on doing stuff outside the DAW and trying to learn to do more live kind of stuff. So, this FAWM will be a learning excercise in that space for me. More or less improvised, working with the patch and few patterns and seeing where it takes me. You can see some stuff I've done on my Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrQurutin/

And don't forget fawmtronica tag y'all!

• @kissinginpublic  Jan 18

Yes! But with more real instruments than recent FAWMs

• @shortdan  Jan 18

I'll definitely be contributing some more electronica this time around. I've built up a modular synth since last February but in all honesty haven't had nearly enough time to play with it yet. Hoping to get lost in some serious patching during FAWM! You can see what I've built over on modular grid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/v...

• @quru Jan 18

Seems like a fun setup @shortdan. I was expecting expecting more people with modulars this year with the Eurorack craze just getting bigger and bigger. Here's my current rack:

• @shortdan  Jan 18

@quru A few modules in common there πŸ˜€ I really need a dedicated clock divider too to be honest (was thinking the 4ms rotating clock divider) but I can't work out what to take out!

• @shortdan  Jan 18

Is there any history of people tagging #eurorack tracks? If not I'll start that this year!

• @saltbearer Jan 18

Exclusively #fawmtronica checking in!

I'm all about conceptual and textural experimentation, and I've got a few interesting ideas lined up... How much do you think the line between loud, dirty speedcore and calming drone ambient can be blurred?

• @vomvorton  Jan 18

Not sure what the balance will be, but I'm definitely hoping to include some electronic stuff as well as my standard guitar / indie-pop stuff. I will tag accordingly!

• @cairobraga  Jan 18

#fawmtronica all the way, baybay! woo-hoo! *bleeps and bloops intensify*

• @scottlake  Jan 18

I will call out @solarrainuk hoping he is FAWMing this year. Last year he did mostly modular stuff complete with YouTube videos of all the pretty pulsing lights amongst the wires.

• @splittybooms  Jan 18

Would like to get into modular hardware one day but...a bit intimidating right now. I don't even really tweak the patches in my DAW, other than putting other effects on them. Never really got into the tweaking of actual sounds... Someday. But I don't own any acoustic stuff and all I make in Reason is electro-whatever. Will keep an eye out for you all'seseses music.

• @tesla3090  Jan 18

As always. I finally managed to pick up a copy of NI Komplete, so expect that to make an appearance along with my usual assortment of synths

• @nuj4x Jan 18

I'm here of course and I pretty much live in the EDM spectrum <3

• @atitlan  Jan 18

Is it still #fawtronica or have we fallen in with current trends and it's now #fawmwave? Either way I'll be doing my usual thing, probably with a bias towards more dance-y stuff this time as I'll be reading Simon Reynolds' 'Energy Flash' which is bound to have an influence.

• @standup  Jan 18

I have a modular rig, and for the last few years have done a couple of things. I usually tag β€œElectronica”, but β€œEurorack” might also be a good tagging option. I want to use MIDI to bring modular sounds into songs with guitars and basses a little more this year. Blending acoustic and electric guitar sounds with synthy stuff.

• @phlex Jan 18

hands up for eurorack. @quro @shortdan excited to see what you do! @standup I love the electro acoustic ideas!

• @yam655 Jan 18

During 50/90 I did some instrumental electronic songs (and one with a vocal track). I'm a big fan of LMMS because I can feed it MIDI. I've recently discovered the LMMS project file format is just XML, so I will be trying very hard not to write scripts for random and/or procedural electronica.

The chances are high that something will happen. I'm just hoping I can leverage my existing process/scripts instead of feeling like I need to write new ones.

• @quru Jan 18

Talking about eurorack and electro acoustic, this performance by Thom Yorke on Make Noise Shared System and grand piano (and his voice of course) is just so damn beautiful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdmL8...

• @chasingandromeda  Jan 21

As usual, I will be packing the synthesizers in great numbers. No Eurorack...just haven't been bit by that, although I have been known to bring out Softube Modular on occasion.

I recommend we stay with #fawmtronica as it has a history. I will then tag by a specific electronic genre if it is appropriate. At least, that's how I am going to handle it.

• @konemake  Jan 21

Yeah, I guess it will be some sort of electronica. I'm trying to go back to my personal music making basics and use mostly samplers. 20 years ago I was using mostly hardware samplers, but now I am finally trying to learn how to use modern software samplers, mainly Kontakt and TAL-Sampler. Probably I will use some hardware too like Korg Kaossilator pro, Casio SK-1, taperecorders and some synths + effects. I try to keep vocals + guitars in minimum this year for many reasons.

• @krayzie003  8 weeks

Most of my songs this year will be of the #FAWMtronica persuasion. I am concentrating on recording instrumental EDM for music licensing. I'll be doing all of my creating in the box. I don't own any hardware synths but I'm very intrigued by modular systems. I picked up a couple modular VSTs over the holidays. If I have time I might see what kind of interesting sounds I can get from them.

Here's a question for everyone...
    Who are you listening to for inspiration ?

I've been listening to Deadmau5 and a couple playlists on Spotify for Future Bass and Chill Trap.

• @headfirstonly  8 weeks

Been playing with generative music in Ableton, so I might set something up and let it run for ten minutes or so if I'm lagging behind :-p

• @atitlan  8 weeks

@chasingandromeda - The #fawmwave suggestion was somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

@headfirstonly You wouldn't catch me creating filler tracks by generative means - no, never, wouldn't happen ... πŸ˜€

• @helenseviltwin  8 weeks

Every year, I intend to try to do some electronica. Once again, I intend to try

• @apertome  8 weeks

My music is mostly electronic, though not EDM. Closer to ambient, but not just that. Generalyl electro-acoustic.

I also have a eurorack modular setup, which I usually use pretty extensively.

• @wise1 8 weeks

@tesla3090 Native Instrument Synths like Massive & FM8 are really great I can't wait to hear your new tracks!!

I'm mostly working on a new album and my live setup but I will be putting out a couple of new Dubstep/Trippy Electronic songs πŸ˜€

• @krayzie003  8 weeks

I just started leasing Serum from Splice. I was scrolling through the presets today and got some nice ideas from the sound sets. Can't wait till Feb 1.

• @plog  7 weeks

Dance - electro something. Usually a 4 to the floor beat. Use Reason (10) and various Rack Extentions (vsts) Namely Europa, and all the awesome Rob Papen instruments. Just spent all my fun dough on a Yamaha DTX multipad. Great for a live setup and tracking drums. Thank the software programming gods for quantizing 😝 Good luck, elctro-peeps!

• @mrjoshuamclean 7 weeks

I'm (almost) always doing the electronic thing for FAWM and 50/90 because it's how I got started, but maybe some (sampled) pop and rock will find their way into the mix.

Never have I ever made a consistent set of music.

@krayzie003 For electronic stuff, Ferry Corsten (/Gouryella), Ian Van Dahl, VNV Nation, and CHVRCHES are some electronic artists I listen to a lot for inspiration, but I try new stuff when I can. πŸ˜€

• @looprication  7 weeks

I idle at electronic but trying to incorporate more guitars this time. Here’s to all my #fawmtronica family and to #womenoffawmtronica !

• @heuristicsinc  7 weeks

I got a Maschine Mk3 this year and I'm hoping to put it through its paces for FAWM. I mark everything #fawmtronica .
    I'd love to do some CHVRCHES-esque stuff but I don't have the vocals for it πŸ˜€

• @sbs2018 7 weeks

I’m doing some form of Electronica/EDM/Dance POP.

• @glasscrow 7 weeks

Yaas, hello my people. I am nuts about electronic music and do exclusively that. I wonder if #fawmwave is a more appropriate tag for the sound I hope to bring to this challenge? I don't think I really make electronica 😝

• @heliosonorous 7 weeks

Hello!
    The majority of my music will be electronic based in some capacity.
    I look forward to listening to the music from this group!

• @syni 7 weeks

#fawmtronica here too most definitely, probably something *weird* this year

• @ptr 7 weeks

Here to represent the #FAWMtronica tag! Big thanks to people that have shown an interest in my music year after year, I've been steadily getting worse and worse, but you give me the enthusiasm to at least continue to try!

• @adforperu  7 weeks

Morning. Yes to FAWMtronica.. sometimes I do loads of electronica, sometimes I do barely any. Who knows this year, but the synths and MPC are set up and ready to go

• @balancelost  7 weeks

I expect to be electronica-ing the shit out of this February.

• @saumera  7 weeks

Aw yeah ladies and gents count me in too. Also if anyone has any reliable vocalists/rappers they've worked with before, let me know! I'm trying to get some vocal flavors on my stuff this year.

• @gammafied 7 weeks

I want to do more instrumental only electronica this year and focus on rhythms. Polyrhythms here I come!

• @aeye 7 weeks

we'll be here bringing another electronica / fawmtronica album πŸ˜€. With some added surprises.

• @runesnake 7 weeks

Me! I think it will be a nice challenge to create an instrumental electronic song this fawm. It's always kind of diffecult to create an instrumental track I think since you don't have that much of a song structure. I look forward to hearing you're tracks guys πŸ˜€

• @heuristicsinc  7 weeks

@glasscrow I'd say fawmtronica applies to anything that's mostly electronic, regardless of genre. Make it easy on us to find πŸ˜€

• @oblivionratula  7 weeks

@shortdan @quru here's my 'grid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/v...

Pretty sure I tagged eurorack last year.
    There will definitely be some fawmtronica again.

• @shortdan  7 weeks

Hey @oblivionratula, that link didn't work for me!

• @oblivionratula  7 weeks

@shortdan bad copy pasta on my post. Fixed it above. Thx.

• @spiderhound1  7 weeks

I am 100% FAWMtronica again this year! So psyched to hear what everyone comes up with this year. πŸ˜€

• @seb 6 weeks

If anyone wants to collab, let me know!

• @chaotrick 6 weeks

I'm going with electronic music as well, but more on the weird, glitchy, experimental IDM/breakcore/ambient side of things. We'll see how it goes.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  6 weeks

I have a question, and exploration that I want to try and do. That sound on the Bieber/Diplo. I freakin' love the sound (the whole track is slammin').

At 1:11 that high part that comes in. Also, that common vocal thing where (usually) a female voice sound gets looped and is so ethereal and cool sounding.

https://youtu.be/nntGTK2Fhb0?t=70

Also, my first #fawmtronica tune this year. https://fawm.org/songs/89882/

• @frenchcricket  6 weeks

Pretty much exclusively tho I do stray away from time to time

• @bri4n 6 weeks

Last year I dabbled in various styles to get a feel for things, this year it's all electronic all the time. Less free time this time so stuff will be ROUGH, but hey, it's not like I know what I'm doing yet anyway πŸ˜‰

• @butlertron 6 weeks

#Fawmtronica as usual. FLStudio, as usual. I do, however, have a new "real" toy I will probably use.

• @tunecat 6 weeks

I think all my tracks last year were probably labelable as electronica - as they were synth based - I haven't decided how I'm going to approach this fawm. I think I started on that journey via apps - and also as a musical backdrop for a journey into putting spoken free verse ( for want of a better name) over the top (sometimes playing with vox fx) I really don't know what genre it was in but I had an amazing fawm last year

Hurt my fingertips playing toobmuchbgitar on the first day, so, I switched over to an electronic number yesterday. https://fawm.org/songs/90046/

And my first (or 2nd) track.
    https://fawm.org/songs/89882/

• @kable 6 weeks

If synth pop falls under electronica, I’m in.

• @nuj4x 6 weeks

@kable synth pop is DEFINITELY electronica <3

• @totallynotaspambot 6 weeks

Bleep-bub.

• @radioovermoscow 6 weeks

I have a few bits and pieces in the works. I know I usually come flying out of the blocks when FAWM starts, but home life this year has got in the way of having completed demos. Tomorrow.

• @tomski  6 weeks

I’ve spent nearly 9 FAWMs writing twee ukulele tracks but this year I’m going to try and create space and sci-fi themed electronica if I can. I’m still wrapping my head around Logic but I’m slowly getting there. My main focus is on getting the idea down. The technical production elements I’ll probably look into post-FAWM (as I have no idea at the moment).

Also, I always struggle with vocals so I’m open to collaborations if anybody fancies it.

• @cblack  6 weeks

Really loving the #fawmtronica this year! Keep it coming, people! 😁

• @rpasquier  6 weeks

This is my first FAWM. I fall within this genre, so look for my contributions under #fawmtronica. I have three songs posted to date and anticipate to drop another in a day or so.

• @rpasquier  6 weeks

Just dropped a new track called "Heaven's Bodies." #fawmtronica folks check it out and let me know what you think.

• @heidiserwer  6 weeks

Hi! Please check out my friend @nick19m19.
    He’s new to FAWM (on my urging 😊) and recently posted his first track.

• @engebretsen  6 weeks

Always electronica from me.

• @bodger0ne 6 weeks

as a Long time, First time FAWMer, i had a friend @skittycat suggest joining in this year.Since my whole recording setup is basically a 6 year old PC that needs to be kicked into life, I've been using Bosca Ceoil (https://boscaceoil.net/) for all my tracks. It's a free program i came about for making 16-bit gaming music, but trying to use it as a full writing tool for my tracks!

• @oblivionratula  6 weeks

I didn't tag this one fawmtronica because it's really only a pair of arp'ed VSTs that make it electronic, but I still feel like it earns an honorable mention since that was the foundation for the whole track, so I hope it's OK to drop a link to: https://fawm.org/songs/91521/

• @howthenightcame 6 weeks

Just wrote an electronic (synth wave?) track:

https://soundcloud.com/howthenightcam...

Good luck everyone!!

• @robynmackenzie  6 weeks

Definitely gonna knock some more out this year! Fawmtronica is so much fun.

• @aeye 6 weeks

We are! (and actually just finished lol)

• @skittycat  6 weeks

*waves @bodger0ne *
    Heya Bodgemeister 😁
    x

• @oblivionratula  3 weeks

This is . . . a meditation on taking things apart: https://fawm.org/songs/99571/

• @psyt 2 weeks

I guess I should've paid more attention to the forums. I write downtempo acid music, and made a lovely album this month. (the 14th isn't up yet, but it's close)

• @oblivionratula  2 weeks

Yeah you do/did, @psyt πŸ˜‰

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...