Class of 2008

Skip to the bottom

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 2019

Who else started this glorious journey in the Oh Eight?!

• @tcelliott  Jan 2019

Yes, sir.

• @vomvorton  Jan 2019

I did I did! Although my profile says 2007, I didn't actually take part that year.

• @oddbod  Jan 2019

I did - if you believe my profile, which to be fair probably has a better memory than I do.

• @sapient  Jan 2019

Yup. That feels like a long time ago...

• @balancelost  Jan 2019

ditto @vomvorton
    I started a couple in '07 but didn't post anything. 2008 was the year I did it for real.

• @djohnson Jan 2019

Guilty!

• @chipwithrow  Jan 2019

Yes! Found out about it just a few days before. Back then we had one big ol' family computer so that's where I did my recording. Oddly enough, we kept it in the kitchen.

@oddbod LOL. Same here. The profile has better memory AND manners than me.

@djohnson Your guilt has been noted. šŸ˜€

@sapient We are the old guys now.

• @everettcinaed Jan 2019

Not sure how much it could be called a journey, given my general inconsistency, but it did start that year.

• @caseewilson  Jan 2019

Like a few others, I have a profile dating from 2007 but my first win was 2008, I barely did anything the year I registered! šŸ˜

• @halfwalk  Jan 2019

My profile says '08, but I couldn't even tell you what I did last week, let alone 11 years ago.

• @stephenwordsmith Jan 2019

2008 was a leap year, and there was this novel concept of writing 'half a song' - collaborating with a lyricist to get that elusive song 14.5 (in 29 days, you see)!

So, I was roped in.

We've only had a couple of leap years since, so I'm not sure why I'm still here.

• @embersofautumn Jan 2019

Missed this by a year '09.

• @johncrossman  Jan 2019

Aught eight, yep.

• @bootlegger Jan 2019

Apparently I started in 2008. Had no idea. What's that make this? Year 11?! Wow. That's crazy to me. So glad this is still going after all this time. I look forward to it all year.

• @carleybaer  Jan 2019

'08 here too! I think I wrote 6 songs, had no idea what any of it was about, my engineering/production chops were practically nonexistent, etc etc etc, but I was hooked.

• @elainedimasi  Jan 2019

Yeah. I'd sorta-recently gotten divorced, and my ex told me about FAWM when he heard about it from a friend. We both jumped in, and wrote songs about each other and the failed marriage. He played guitar on one of mine. Good times! Who here remembers @cageyhouse? I think 2008 was his *last* FAWM... if I have any of his recordings, they're probably on an iPod that was last used in 2010 or so! Wonder if I still have it?

• @boyatheart  Jan 2019

That was my year... On a night shift in early February I received a comment on a now non-existent blog that said "I bet you can't write an album in 28 days!" with a link to FAWM.
    I was intrigued and signed up.
    I had only just started my solo-songwriting journey and literally written a new song the day before, which was February, so I had a song to post immediately.
    It just got crazier from then on.
    That mysterious commenter remains anonymous to this day, but thank you if you are reading this! šŸ˜€

• @joshbelville  Jan 2019

Me! Some of my favorite songs come from then too. I kind of miss that laissez-faire attitude of being 25 and having no idea what I was doing...

@joshbelville I love your Russian indie boy band. šŸ˜€

@boyatheart That's an AWESOME FAWM story! Whoah!

@elainedimasi No way! Wow. Was that difficult, or were you two that cool with each other? Either way, that's pretty amazing. Do you perform any of those songs from that time period?

So cool seeing how many have stuck it out for so long. Something special about this place no doubt.

• @jamkar  Jan 2019

*salutes*

• @billysea  Jan 29

2008 also. I didn't realize how may cool kids were in my class

• @elainedimasi  Jan 29

@billysea totally. I am sorry that I missed our 10 year reunion! Last year was the only year I haven't been here.

• @regis  Jan 30

Hey hey! My track record has been really hit or miss over the years, but Iā€™m optimistic that this will be another of the good ones.

• @steffan  Jan 30

YES! Simpler times... simpler times.

• @taracraig  Jan 30

Oh Eight!!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Feb 1

Let's DO THIS!!!
    @regis You got this!
    @steffan Are you going to be doing an instagram web series again with the professor/doctor? šŸ˜€
    Hey @taracraig!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...