EAST COAST FAWMSTOCK 2019

Skip to the bottom

• @the3queens  Jan 15

We had a blast last summer! We're doing it again. Already signed on for Fri. July 26th- Sun. noon July 28th at Ashland Nature Center, Hockessin, DE. Bunks in two wings ( male/female) kitchen, perfomance , breakout/lodge areas, bathrooms, showers, nature trails. If we get 30 people ( we can take 72 I think) we can keep it at $50 pp ( cost of venue.) $25 deposit by March 30, Remainder due June 30. Venmo or google pay citrolori@aol.com We are situated 45 minute South of Philly airport and one hour North of BWI, so easy access. Any questions, post or PM me.

• @writeandwrong  Jan 16

Yayy! Looking forward to it! 😀

• @swampjaw  Jan 16

Oh yeah. This time for sure.

• @standup  Jan 16

We went last year and it was a blast. We'll do it again! (Barring the unforseen).

• @tamsnumber4  Jan 16

Fingers crossed, I am working on it!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 16

Oh man! I went one year and it was awesome! I've ever since itched for a sweet reunion FAWMstock!!

• @dasbinky  Jan 16

I will be there!

• @cts  Jan 16

I’m hoping to make an appearance (finally).

• @nancyrost  Jan 16

I've been wanting to do this again for years, and it looks like I'll finally be able to this summer!

• @the3queens  Jan 18

So excited to see the interest. We had 20 last year and I know theyll be back, too.

• @unpronounceable Jan 20

Gonna do my best! Feel like I need to be there but summer will be tricky 😀

• @markg  Jan 20

Last year was a blast. Great people, lots o' fun.

• @hoppiern  Jan 20

I absolutely can not break any bones this year so I can make this!! Thanks so much, Lori, for organizing this - so appreciate your hard work!! 💜

• @chrishope Jan 29

*bump , from uk

• @the3queens  Feb 1

Ashland Nature Center of Delaware Nature Society

3511 Barley Mill Rd, Hockessin, DE 19707
    (302) 239-2334

https://g.co/kgs/ouEXxS

• @the3queens  Feb 1

This is a link to the Ashland Nature Center with pics.

• @the3queens  Feb 13

Don't forget to plan last weekend in July for FAWMSTOCK in Hockessin, DELAWARE (near Philly and BWI airports.) Price includes bunking overnight Friday and Saturday.

• @darcistrutt  Feb 14

I’m in! I’ll PM you to find out who to send the money to. I’ll be flying in from MSP. If there’s someone else flying in from here please reach out. I’d love to share a car from the airport.

• @sueawesome  Feb 14

Lori - are locals staying too or are they supposed to keep the space open for those traveling?

not sure what my schedule will be but I would love to come by if that’s kosher

• @the3queens  Feb 14

@darcistrutt Google pay to me (loricitro@gmail.com)
    @sueawesome sue most of the locals stayed. Good for jamming late and starting early, altough some chose not to. If we reach capacity, which we did not last year, then we would make arrangements. I'm close by but I stayed. There is also a second lodge, no bunks ,where we had shows and some people/couples stayed there. Plenty of room!
    @dasbinky John 1st deposit. YAY!

• @standup  Feb 14

There is plenty of room. Two huge bunk rooms, one men/one women. Lori, how many bunks each? It seemed like a lot. Capacity would be a pretty big number.

• @airbagtester  Feb 14

The site says "Two dormitories with bunk beds, accommodating up to 72 people." That sounds about right - seems like there were at least 15-18 bunks on the men's bunk side which is 30-36 people.
    https://www.delawarenaturesociety.org...

• @the3queens  Feb 14

yes 72 bunks. They had extra cots and a tent in basement.

• @standup  Feb 15

I don't think any FAWMstock ever has approached 72 attendees. Maybe we can do it this year.

• @monty  Feb 15

I'm gonna try to make it this year. Thanks for organizing this.

• @wacha  Feb 27

I'm going to see if I can make it this year.

• @darcistrutt  Feb 27

@the3queens I’ve attempted my down payment. I’ve never used Google Pay before. It said there was an error but also sent me an email saying the payment went through. Let me know if you see it! If not, I’ll try again!

• @pearlmanhattan  Feb 27

Perhaps in the future, it could be held in a more central location so those of us on the west coast on fixed income could at least dream of attending, as cross country round trip flights can cost most of a month's rent. I do hope it's a great time for y'all, but you really should think about visiting out here. 😁

• @the3queens  Feb 27

@pearlmanhattan there is a large amount of songwriters on the East Coast, particularly in Delaware and PA, involved in FAWM. it would be feasible for someone from the West Coast to plan as someone also does in Europe. The East Coast one takes the place of the previous one in Emmleton, PA since that facility burned down several years ago and I plan it as individual since its nearby home. Logistically I cannot plan one on the West Coast.

• @the3queens  Feb 27

@darcistrutt Darci I got it!

• @dasbinky  Feb 27

@pearlmanhattan It's tough to get anywhere that's really central... We've had FAWMStocks in Toronto, PA, WI and DE and been lucky have have people come in from across North America and Europe.

It'd be great to get multiple FAWMStocks going if someone West Coast-based wanted to coordinate. It's usually a matter of who's willing to put in the work to arrange it. (Shout out to @the3queens for picking up the load!) Build it, and they will come. 😀

• @the3queens  Feb 27

@nancyrost and others wishing to use PAYPAL , you MUST send money to "family and friends" or they will charge $7. The money (all of it) goes to Ashland Nature Center so there is no way to cover $7 fee from PayPal. You can also send to me (Lori Citro) on Facebook if you have it and they don't charge. Someone mentioned Zelle. I'm not signed up but I will if needed.

• @the3queens  Feb 27

@nancyrost and others wishing to use PAYPAL , you MUST send money to "family and friends" or they will charge $7. The money (all of it) goes to Ashland Nature Center so there is no way to cover $7 fee from PayPal. You can also send to me (Lori Citro) on Facebook if you have it and they don't charge. Someone mentioned Zelle. I'm not signed up but I will if needed.

• @standup  Feb 27

Sent a deposit via Venmo today, we are in.

I think multiple FAWMstocks is a good idea. Europe, western US. Wherever. This is just a gathering put together by one person who found a venue and is organizing.

I hope we have people from all over who I've never had a chance to meet.

• @pearlmanhattan  Feb 27

I have suggested a west coast fawmstock to cricket's chirping. Songwriters of Seattle had a Post Fawm party last treat, and I was the only attendee who knew what fawm was. . Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry if my post upset you.

• @robynmackenzie  Feb 27

May or may not be able to attend dependent on housing situation but I'm gonna look into it! I second @pearlmanhattan and @standup on the multiple FAWMstock locations.

• @standup  Mar 1

Just want to put this topic back up at the top. Want to meet other FAWMers? People whose music you've heard but who are online entities, not real people? Come to Delaware this summer.

• @writeandwrong  Mar 1

Loving the list of people who will be coming!! Can't wait to meet you all and see the ones again who are returning!! 😀 Mistress @darcistrutt , we'll finally meet!!!! <3 (P.S. I might bring more flavors this year... 😉 )

• @darcistrutt  Mar 1

@writeandwrong I’m excited to meet you too!

• @the3queens  Mar 1

@standup Got you down for 2. Great to see you again this summer!!

• @the3queens  Mar 1

@robynmackenzie Robyn FYI the housing at the event is included. It's rustic but we all has a blast. First might we have a potluck. No lie , it was like the fishes and loaves, enough to last all weekend.

• @robynmackenzie  Mar 1

@the3queens That sounds awesome! I was actually referring to my own housing situation since we may be getting a new house this year and that may tie up my travel finances. 😞

• @dasbinky  Mar 1

Out of curiosity now, which FAWMStock are we on? Probably the eighth one?

1. 2010 - Ancaster, ON (@devin's house)
    2. 2011 - Emlenton, PA
    3. 2012 - Dodgeville, WI
    4. 2013 - Emlenton, PA
    5. 2014 - Emlenton, PA
    6. 2015 - Emlenton, PA

If anything happened in 2016 or 2017, it wasn't on my radar.

7. 2018 - Delaware
    8. 2019 - Delaware

Does that sound right?

• @tcelliott  Mar 1

I can confirm 2012 *evil grin*

• @kahlo2013  Mar 2

There was one in WI one year before I knew FAWM existed? Dang! I would LOVE to make the east coast FAWMstock and meet you all! I will see what I can do!

• @sherrycanary  Mar 2

I will try to come up too!

• @rainchaser  Mar 2

I hope you guys have a great time, it looks like a fun event! Cheers!!

• @kahlo2013  Mar 2

@tcelliott i am so bummed I missed it! I moved to Madison in 2011. Wrote my first lyric ever in late 2012 and was told about FAWM in 2013. I hope you found a spotted cow while here and I hope we do another Midwest event soon!

• @tcelliott  Mar 2

Yup, we drank some delicious beverages. It was awesome. I'm holding out for another Madison area FawmStock sooner rather than later. It's one we can easily afford and have time for.

We're still debating an East coast or West coast swing. We have too many trips planned as it is, so something is gonna have to give.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Mar 2

I can't remember what year I went, but it was Emlenton and it was freakin' awesome! @burrsettles and friends were there and I'm pretty sure I made a few friends for life.

• @keithcuts Mar 2

I’m a maybe on this. Is there a fb page or something for it for when this site goes down?

• @darcistrutt  Mar 2

First-timer question here. I'm looking at flights. What time do folks tend to depart on Sunday. There's a pretty cheep flight that leaves PHL at noon on Sunday but that would mean I'd need to leave FAWMstock pretty early on Sunday morning.

• @pfoo  Mar 3

@darcistrutt Most people left on the early side last year. We were the last to leave, probably around noon, can't remember. You won't be missing much if you leave early that morning. There was some quick breakfast and coffee, a bit of socializing, and some cleanup. No planned activities. I think we had to be out by a certain time - maybe @the3queens has that info.

• @mikeskliar  Mar 3

I may try to get there! long overdue for me to go to something like that!

• @airbagtester  Mar 3

@darcistrutt Definitely what @pfoo said. Especially if people gotta work Monday, Sunday becomes like 1) wake up, 2) say goodbye, clean up, 3) travel back.

• @tamsnumber4  Mar 3

@kahlo2013 YES, please try, would love to meet you, @darcistrutt and @nancyrost and see @the3queens and @writeandwrong again....I am so excited, I've been saving for this girls, I guess I gotta pack my cowbell???

• @airbagtester  Mar 3

Just sent my deposit - be warned, I'm breaking out the drum kit this time! 😁 (I have brushes...)

• @gbg2016  Mar 3

Sounds awesome; just sent my deposit!

• @the3queens  Mar 3

@gbg2016 got it!!
    @darcistrutt we have the place till noon. Most of us just ate breakfast, cleaned, some took a walk because we didnt want to waste being there on those beautiful trails and not having spent one minute talking in the nature. We were all gone by noon.

• @the3queens  Mar 3

walking

• @the3queens  Mar 3

@airbagtester ai Eric Got it!

• @chrishope Mar 3

may I dream of coming , for now (UK)

• @nancyrost  Mar 3

@the3queens Re-sent payment to the right address -- I had your name forwards instead of backwards before!

• @the3queens  Mar 3

@nancyrost Nancy Got it!

• @the3queens  Mar 3

I made a Facebook event
    2019 EastCoast FAWMSTOCK

• @darcistrutt  Mar 3

I don’t get out much anymore. I think I’m going to fly home Monday so I can linger a bit more! I have a classmate in Philadelphia I’m contacting for afternoonevening Sunday. So excited!

• @the3queens  Mar 4

@darcistrutt darci good idea

• @the3queens  Mar 4

@darcistrutt darci good idea

• @darcistrutt  Mar 4

I’m planning on buying my plane tickets tomorrow! I’m quite excited! My High School was tiny so it’s perfect I have a classmate in Philadelphia! She and I share a birthday. Destiny!

• @eargoggle  Mar 4

This looks so cool and I would love to meet people in person (what a crazy idea!!) but I just planned a family vacation that week, dang it. Maybe next year....

• @darcistrutt  Mar 4

Tickets for my flights are purchased!! So glad I didn't see cowbell on the TSA prohibited list! I'm landing at 11:00 at PHL. I'm planning on renting a car, especially now that I'm traveling to see my classmate. If anyone else is coming into PHL around then and wants to commute together let me know!

• @the3queens  Mar 4

Yay!@darcistrutt

• @the3queens  Mar 4

someone asked about Zelle. I can now take Zelle at email addy citrolori@aol.com

• @standup  Mar 4

Cowbell of mass destruction, not listed, and neither are nuclear weapons.

• @dasbinky  Mar 4

@standup you can get some crazy bass off an ICBM, but it will not fill in the overhead bins.

• @nancyrost  Mar 4

I suspect @dasbinky speaks from experience. We're taking separate planes to Fawmstock.

• @elsahay  Mar 5

I live in Seattle and have hosted a FAWM kickoff party the last five years through Songwriters In Seattle (a meet up group). Last year I hosted a FAWM open Mic in March. Most folks had done FAWM but we did get a few people who didn't know about FAWM and thought it was a regular open mic. I'm thinking about putting together a concert or open mic for this year too but haven't scheduled it yet. I think a west coat FAWMstock would be great. I don't have the bandwidth for organizing or helping to organize a large event like that. I think it is great one is happening on the east coast. Maybe eventually a fawmer will be able to make one happen in the West coast.

• @ballyhoot Mar 8

I was killing some time on the ol' interwebs and came across this place:

http://marblelodge.com/

• @the3queens  Mar 14

@ballyhoot that looks awesome!

• @ballyhoot Mar 14

I know, right!?

• @the3queens  Mar 16

@tamsnumber4 Welcome! Got your deposit!!

• @darcistrutt  Mar 17

@tamsnumber4 I am beyond happy I get to meet you IRL! My moment of Internet radio fame was with you!

• @rainchaser  Mar 17

I hope you guys have a great time, sounds like fun!

• @the3queens  7 weeks

welcome Craig Suiter and @wistah Sean Ryder!

• @the3queens  6 weeks

welcome @unpronounceable unp Julie!!!

• @hoppiern  4 weeks

This is going to be so much fun!! Thanks @the3queens for organizing this!! 😊

• @the3queens  6 days

Current attendees who have deposit in (I'm not sure of all FAWM names) - we are FIVE short of the 20 minimum. Let's share, promote and get it done!
    Eric Leivo - airbag tester
    Craig Suiter
    Eric & Patti Erick Standup Ägner standup and pfoo
    Darci Strutt
    John Argenterio
    Patrick H Madden
    Sean Ryder wistah
    Julie Grebenku unpronounceable
    Jessica Graae
    Nancy Huebner hoppiern
    Rob Lincoln lincolnsongs
    Cheryl A. Hodgins writeandwrong
    Beth Gray
    Lori Citro the3queens
    Tammy Carlson
    Nancy Rost

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...