Hey Bay Area

Skip to the bottom

• @aesthetic72  Jan 11

Davis!

• @gubna Jan 12

San Francisco! Born and raised!

• @johnstaples  Jan 12

Former Bay Arean! Lived in Redwood City, Mountain View, Santa Clara, San Jose, Campbell, and Fremont! Oh, and I left my heart in SF!

• @elesimo  Jan 13

Hey, @aesthetic72! We're planning a get together (https://fawm.org/forums/topic/9758/), let me know if you're interested in participating.

• @paulhenry  Jan 13

Still interested.

• @aesthetic72  Jan 15

@johnstaples hey I didn’t know you lived in the Bay Area! I also love Chicago! It would be my next move if the financials/life situation lined up (but they never quite make it).

• @johnstaples  Jan 15

@aesthetic72 yeah I was there for 11 years back when dirt was still white!

• @lvgd09  Jan 15

Yep, San Francisco...Mission District.

Oh, Hello! Go Niners!

• @littlespiral Jan 21

What's uuuup! Pittsburg/Antioch here, formerly Berkeley, formerly San Jose LOL....

• @lvgd09  Jan 22

Ok, so here is my list...SF, South SF, San Bruno, San Mateo, San Jose, Santa Rosa, and Heyward.

That was during the first half of my life. I'm in Las Vegas now. Yo Raiders? I can't...I just...49ers.

• @elesimo  Jan 22

For me it's been Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Oakland, Berkeley and now SF. Touring the Bay! 😁

• @elainedimasi  Jan 23

Hey Bay Area! Just moved from Long Is-land to Oak-land. This'll be my 2nd FAWM being carried out in a small Bay Area apartment, the 1st being when I was in Berkeley ten years ago.

I feel a little like an expat. For now I'm all like "There's no good pizza here," six months from now I'll be back east visiting and be all like "What's wrong with this place, can't get avocado on a pizza?"

• @paulhenry  Jan 28

@elainedimasi. Come up to North Bay & try Mombo's. Though my standard was North End, Boston.

• @elainedimasi  Jan 28

@paulhenry Sounds like a good to-do!

North End, Boston was where I'd be in the first week of December, buying boxes of Torrone to remind myself of Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa DiMasi's.

• @complexissimple  Jan 31

@aesthetic72 I wouldn't have said Davis was Bay Area. I thought it was more Sacramento area - like me. (Mind you, I'm on the OTHER side of Sacramento, so considerably further from the Bay.)

• @alanonymous Feb 1

Hello from SFO

• @elainedimasi  Feb 1

So - all you natives - how do we do this? I mean, on the East Coast it's cold and snowy and we want an excuse to stay inside. Out here? Tracking all weekend? How?

• @aesthetic72  Feb 1

@complexissimple Home is where the heart is. 😀 I'm also living in Toronto.

• @complexissimple  Feb 1

@elainedimasi I don't know about on the Bay, but here it's best to be as productive as you can before it gets too unbearably hot to do anything (even indoors) in a few months. Also, a lot of days I can't go outside because of the smoke (a lot of people have wood-burning stoves in this area - but this is a year-round problem because in the warmer months there are forest fires and people doing gardening/farming related burning outside (they must have to get permits), not to mention barbecues).

• @blakewilliams Feb 4

Oakland here! 👻🚘

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...