Music for kids?

Skip to the bottom

• @acromie  Jan 14

I'm putting out my annual call for anyone else who writes music for kids!

My focus will be primarily on this, with the hopes of working out a few new songs for the cable access show I am a part of.

Let me know if you plan on writing one or two, I'd love to follow you!

• @mdavisto  Jan 14

You know what? I'm doing a kids track this year. To be honest, I've wanted to do an entire kids album for a long time, but, that's not likely to happen.

But a song or two? I'm down.

• @acromie  Jan 14

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!!!!

• @johnstaples  Jan 14

I wanna write a Baby Shark level hit and retire!

• @acromie  Jan 14

@johnstaples don't we all!

• @nuj4x Jan 14

I don’t write songs for kids, but I’ve never tried either. I’m down if you’re into it! I’m sure I could come up with something fun and bouncy

• @mdavisto  Jan 14

If I could write something as impactful as Its You I Like by Fred Rogers, I'd have achieved the pinnacle of my career. Sadly the closest I'm likely to get is a Crazy Frog anthem.

• @wobbiewobbit  Jan 14

yep I will probably write at least one specifically kids song, quite possibly more, and probably a bunch that are family friendly if not specifically kids

• @mishykatz  Jan 14

I write kids songs among other 'genres' 😉

• @laotranati Jan 14

I will try to write some songs for my daughter (since I usually hate music for kids). I probably will be in Spanish though because that's what we talk around here. Although she's starting to go to a bilingual preschool so I don't know 😝
    Is there a hasthag we should use to ease the access to our songs? #kids #babysharkmademedoit?

• @metalfoot  Jan 14

You know I'll probably throw one or two goofy kids songs into my mix... I always end up doing it!

• @acromie  Jan 14

Awesome! I'm so excited to hear more this year!

• @acromie  Jan 14

#babysharkmademedoit. LOL! Hey, I was cool before baby shark. 😆😅🤣

• @chipwithrow  Jan 14

My daughter is almost 17 - she was 6 when I started FAWMing, and almost all my songs then were either for or about kids. I recorded two albums of family-folk in 2007 an 2009 - they are on Spotify and Apple Music and other places. I'll do a few kid songs, for notalgia's sake.
    And @laotranati - I'll do a few in Spanish, too. My daughter and I are learning together, in preparation for a second trip to Costa Rica this summer.

• @acromie  Jan 14

Way cool! My kids are 5 and 8, so of course they are my inspiration.

But I'm really having fun now that we're doing a cable access show. (www.iamboink.com)

AND! My second music video is being released today!!

https://youtu.be/i4gfrQU3hjg

• @pearlmanhattan  Jan 14

I usually write one or two for or about my son, and maybe il catch him singing and record it. One of my adult kids and I are writing together for fawm this year, though.

• @musicsongwriter Jan 14

I've composed some kids music, will be interesting to revisit this genre 😀

• @guatecoop  Jan 14

I’ve done a kids song 2 out of the last 3 years and want to do another this year. I have had my oldest son on those, but maybe both of my sons this year. Love the idea!

• @leepat  Jan 14

I've always wanted to write a kid's book too - you know, 20 pages and 50 words.
    Kids' music would be even more fun and thanks to you, it might actually happen 😀

• @acromie  Jan 14

Yay! This is so great! I think I got like four responses last year. Way to keep me accountable!

And @leepat , yes!!! Me too! In fact, I want to turn my songs into books. I'm just procrastinating on the illustration part...

• @skittycat  Jan 14

I did some songs for my son last time and this year I bought us a BlipBlox synth so we can make music together. So maybe as much music *by* kids as well as for them 😉
    He will be 6 right in the middle of FAWM

• @laotranati Jan 15

@acromie #iwascoolbeforebabyshark? 😁? I also love ice cream but I'm lactose intolerant so it's like a love/hate relationship right now

@chipwithrow I'm looking forward to hearing your songs in spanish

• @ductapeguy Jan 15

I'm sure I'll have 1 or 2. I usually do. This year is my first as full time music teacher in my school. I'm inviting some of my students to try songwriting during FAWM.

• @acromie  Jan 15

@ductapeguy That sounds great! What age group are your students?

• @metalfoot  Jan 15

@skittycat That sounds like a blast!

• @hummingbear Jan 15

Either kid or silly adult songs, I answer to either.

• @bradbrubaker  Jan 16

Kiddie songs? Like no cursin' or nothin'? 😉

• @ductapeguy Jan 17

@acromie I teach K-8 music in an elementary school, so aged 4-14.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 17

@acromie I do music for kids each year, though not exclusively. But for sure at some point I write songs that are more kid-oriented. Or maybe just regressed adult oriented?

I wrote an album of songs about Minecraft one year. 😀

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 17

I teach middle school students, so, I have a sense of what they're into. Even though most of the time I make them crazy. 😀

• @gromwaf Jan 17

For kids... For adults... I think it is harmful to write a song to a specific audience... But what ever floats your boat I guess...

• @acromie  Jan 20

@gromwaf If you're into songs about picking your nose, guessing what animal in singing about, and best friends who are dinosaurs, then I will most certainly not stand in your way of listening. 😁

• @andygetch  Jan 21

I have a few kids-like-em songs that I play at the farmers market where @chipwithrow and I hang out. I know I had a good gig if the kids want to dance. So hopefully there will be some kids songs in the mix this FAWM. Hmmmm........

• @krayzie003  8 weeks

I might do one with the help of my son. Sometimes he has great song ideas.

• @mkd  6 weeks

So, erm, I'm doing an album this time round all about dealing with end of life stuff (potentially heavy, I know! It's an area I'm moving to working in, I already work as a musician in healthcare generally)... BUT I've just uploaded a song demo'ing how I might work with a youngster in a hospital setting, either to voice what's really important to them, or to help focus away from the not so pleasant stuff going on for them. My 5 year old son helped me by playing the role of the child in hospital. So it's absolutely a children's song, if a little differently inspired...

https://fawm.org/songs/90508/

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...