Massachusetts!

Skip to the bottom

• @wistah  Jan 14

Hey Folks! How many of you from the Commonwealth are participating this year? Worcester represent!

• @tamsnumber4  Jan 14

The lonely girl from NH is joining you again!!

• @wistah  Jan 14

Hi @tamsnumber4 !!! Welcome back!

• @carleybaer  Jan 14

Somerville in the house!

• @wistah  Jan 14

Welcome @carleybaer !

• @robotkitten  Jan 15

Newbie in Cambridge here!

• @wistah  Jan 15

Hi @robotkitten ! Welcome to the party! Speaking of Party, there is always a FAWM over party, usually someplace in Cambridge or Somerville, in March. Stay tuned 😀

• @sfparadox Jan 15

Second year doing this from central mass

• @wistah  Jan 15

Welcome back @sfparadox !

• @jyllian Jan 15

Somerville stalker here.

• @wistah  Jan 16

Hi @jyllian! Welcome back!

• @mikeb Jan 16

Newbie (to FAWM) here.

• @tamsnumber4  Jan 16

YAY!! @mikeb joined FAWM!!! Welcome my friend!!!

• @mikeb Jan 16

Shamless self-promotion: I run an acoustic open mic every other Wednesday in Methuen, original songs are welcome!

• @bethdesombre  Jan 18

I'm here! (Also, on February 13th, @wistah and @tammsnumber4 and I will be sharing a FAWM-themed show at the Serendipity Cafe in Maynard. MA folks in the area should come by -- it's a great cafe and a good listening space, and you can hang out with other FAWMers.

• @unpronounceable Jan 20

Present! (Summahville)

• @markg  Jan 20

Newton, the Garden City.

• @mikegtz  Jan 21

Back in the FAWM saddle from Uxbridge, Mass. Looks like we are off to a good start this year.

• @nancihobson1  Jan 22

Checking in here. I'm ready 😀 have a bazillion iphone recordings as usual. Most sound like a sick cat screeching nonsense but I may find a usable song or two in there.

• @jgpowers1 Jan 27

Metro west!

• @antlion Jan 28

Somerville! 🤘

• @driftwood1  Jan 29

Southern MA checking in. Let's FAWM!

• @colgoo  Feb 2

Belmont!

• @edmund Feb 4

Another group from Somerville here. Our former band members and other friends are planning for several live sessions to write, rehearse and record the requisite 14 songs in the time allotted. Good luck everyone.

• @downfallroad  Feb 4

Grafton MA checking in!

• @antlion Feb 5

the site keeps shortening my location to Massachuse, which is kind of cute

• @bdarel Feb 5

Barre here.

• @s7even  Feb 5

🙋🏻‍♂️Bridgewater

• @andrewjtaylor  Feb 7

A pleasure to see so many MA FAWMticipants here! Cape Cod representing! Glad you got in on this @s7even.

• @colgoo  Feb 9

Okay, people! When are we going to do our March meetup?@andrewjtaylor @wistah @antlion @jackbyrne @tamsnumber4 @bethdesombre @carleybaer @robotkitten @sfparadox @jyllian @mikegtz @mikeb @unpronounceable @markg @nancihobson1 @jgpowers1 @s7even

I am unavailable the 3rd weekend in March. The first weekend in March is only three weeks away. The past few years we have met at Bloc 11 (in the Vault) over in Somerville’s Union Square area. I am open to other suggestions. Would love to share some live music with you all soon!

• @tamsnumber4  Feb 9

I feel that Sunday is the best day as it has been at Bloc 11, no one has ever complained about the venue, but I think the 10th is a better date because the 17th is St. Patrick's Day and that comes with the parades, tricky traffic and drivers that might have been out celebrating. Sunday is always a great driving (and parking) day for those of us far away. Just my two cents.

• @andrewjtaylor  Feb 9

Makes sense. March 8/9 our youth group will be in Providence RI for the Assemblies of God (AG) District Fine Arts Festival, presenting in a variety of categories. I’m the coordinator for our group. We’ll be preparing leading up to it and we meet Sunday nights, so any Sunday prior is a no-go, but after could be perfect for me to take a brief Fine Arts hiatus to be doing Fine Arts things myself. 😀 Usually the kids want to take a break after the strain of the event and the fruit of procrastination, so the 10th may actually be perfect since we’ll be together all of the 8th and 9th.

• @bethdesombre  Feb 9

You all will have to celebrate without me this year; alas I am away (in cool places, including a gig in NYC) every weekend in March. But I'll be with you in spirit!

• @bethdesombre  Feb 9

And for those of you who want an early version of a meetup, don't forget that you can come hear me, and @tamsnumber4 and @wistah play this coming Wednesday (Feb 13, 7:30 p.m.) at the Serendipity Cafe in Maynard . . .

• @colgoo  Feb 9

@bethdesombre

Oh....I’m sad you won’t be able to come in March...I will try to come watch you guys on Wednesday.

@tamsnumber4 @andrewjtaylor
    March 10th after 2:00 works for me....I will be busy at my church that day until then.... I am the Interim Family Ministry Director and we are doing Big Meeting Brunches on second Sundays....The first and third Saturdays I will be at church leadership workshops. So, if the 10th doesn’t work for people, let’s aim for the 24th or 31st.

• @markg  Feb 9

Sundays are best for me and Bloc 11 is nice

• @unpronounceable Feb 12

Who's taking the opportunity to write in this storm?

• @mikegtz  Feb 12

I could do Sunday, March 10th and if we could get Bloc 11 again, that would be great. After 2pm anytime is fine with me. We will definitely miss you, Beth. Good luck with tomorrow might's showcase.

• @gbg2016  Feb 18

Hello from the VT and NY borders! I'd love to keep up with whatever y'all are planning in March; I may actually be able to get out east this year.

• @carpeliam Feb 19

Seems like there's a good number of Somervillains in here. I was a late bloomer this February, but now that I've officially got one song submitted, I'm in!

• @mikeb Feb 19

Sunday the 10th and the 24th work for me. Who does the contact with Bloc 11 to make sure its available?

• @colgoo  Feb 20

Last year, when I called Bloc 11, they said that they won’t make reservations. I think if one of us arrives early enough to kind of claim the Vault area there, it should work. I will be in Somerville for church in Davis Square and can swing over to Bloc 11 when I am done with my work there....Sunday, March 10th, I will be busy at the church until about 1:30. So I am hoping one of you can arrive a little earlier than 2:00, if that is when we will meet up.

• @mikegtz  Feb 24

I'll try and get there before 2pm to claim the vault area and outlast anyone who might already be in there. See you on Sunday of the 10th.

• @andrewjtaylor  Feb 26

Had a serious vocal injury and spent a week without talking. Saw the ENT yesterday. Recovery now should take at least 2 weeks. I hope to make it to Bloc 11, but it's in question at the moment.

• @robert Feb 27

I’ve been here all month but haven’t had a chance to visit the forums at all. Hello from Methuen, MA here.

• @itoarazi Feb 27

Howdy ho. I've been surprisingly successful this year, despite my crazy schedule. Y'all inspire the bejeezus out of me. *in Nigel Tufnel voice* My songs so far go up to 11...11 across the board. And yes, keep me apprised of any FAWM meetings. Hopefully I won't be otherwise occupied.

• @mikeb Mar 1

ACCKK, I was hoping to attend my first Bloc 11 FAWM-over, but have to go out of town on the 10th.
    I'd like to remind all local FAWMers that I run an acoustic open mic in Methuen (Muddy Waters Restaurant and Pub) every other Wednesday through the end of May. Your FAWM originals are welcome!

• @mikegtz  Mar 2

We should plan a visit up to see you in Methuen, Mike.

• @mikeb Mar 3

A gathering of FAWMers there would be great! Mar 6, Mar 20, April 3 are the next ones.

• @itoarazi Mar 3

Thanks, @mikeb ! I may be able to make the March 20th or April 3rd gathering! I'd love to meet some of you (as well as see YOU again, @wistah - it's been too long!)

• @mikeb Mar 3

Hey @itoarazi that would be great! I've been trying to get @wistah there, but its a long drive for him mid-week.

• @markg  Mar 3

Is there a definite time and place for FAWMover? @colgoo

• @tamsnumber4  Mar 3

@markg Sunday, March 10th at Bloc 11 in Somerville at 2pm is FAWM Over gathering.

• @carleybaer  Mar 3

I'll be there! I specifically told my fiancé not to let me be antisocial and skip out. 😀

• @wistah  Mar 4

@mikeb , @mikegtz , @itoarazi , I might be down for March 20th at Mike's Open Mic in Methuen. I'm definitely planning on attending the FAWM over party at Bloc11 on March 10th.

• @driftwood1  Mar 6

@mikegtz thanks for the heads up. Every year I say this will be the one that I make to the FOP, and every year the scheduling is impossible. Sadly this year is no different. Have fun all!

• @mikeb Mar 8

Looks like I will be able to make it Sunday to Somerville after all - weather permitting (its what's keeping me from the other plans that day).

• @mikegtz  Mar 10

Not sure if I can make it-depending on how bad it is, I guess. I will try to be there at 2pm.

• @mikeb Mar 10

After 2 it should be nothing but rain.

• @wistah  Mar 10

I'm not going to make the FAWM over party. Snow, plus Mrs. R scheduled a family activity this afternoon that I didn't remember. D'oh. Sorry folks.

• @mikeb Mar 10

Too bad, was looking forward to some @wistah songs! I'm picking up @tamsnumber4 , we should get there around 2 or soon after.

• @carleybaer  Mar 10

Running behind but on my way!!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...