Madison, Wisconsin

Skip to the bottom

• @nancyrost  Jan 2019

Who's fawming from Madison this year? And let's start planning a FOP!*

*FAWM's Over Party in March to hang out and optionally share some of our new songs.

• @kahlo2013  Jan 2019

Sounds like a great idea!

• @unkept  Jan 22

I'm actually in Madison this year, last year I was making songs in Waupun. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @kevinmason  Jan 22

Iโ€™ll be farming from Madison this year! Was up in Appleton for last yearโ€™s festivities. Iโ€™d definitely be into an over party as well.

• @johncrossman  Jan 22

Me me me me me..... just warming up over here on the west side. And also me.

• @mattpierce  Jan 26

(Think "I am, I said" by Neil Diamond)

I y-y-yam... I s-s-said
    to my l-l-long underwear
    And now they're hanging cold
    draped over the chair! ๐Ÿ˜

• @kannapples Jan 27

I'm in! sounds like a blast. Its my first FAWM and I'm excited to start feeling overwhelmed ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bitshred Jan 29

I think I'm going to try this whole "FAWMING" thing this year.

• @kevinmason  Jan 30

Stay safe and warm everybody! I'm using the cold as an excuse to hunker down and make sure everything is ready to go for FAWM.

• @ritawitter  Jan 31

Equipment is working great this year, though I'll be traveling. Sometimes when your stripped of the distractions, you get to experience a new creative wave. I'm hoping the muses do not let me down. Hunker down everyone and brew the coffee.

• @theresaj  Jan 31

Iโ€™m here too! Sort of. Not sure yet. Maybe?

• @dasbinky  Jan 31

I thought I chimed in here before, but apparently not. I am in like Flynn. If Flynn is in. Otherwise I'm just in like me.

Looking forward to assaulting your ears and sensibilities yet again.

Incidentally, the cold streak would have been much more convenient NEXT week. My office closed for effectively two full days this week, I coulda used those more in February.

• @wordsandstuff9 Feb 2

Hi Madisonians, I'm in!

• @owl  Feb 2

Hello! I'm here again this year!

• @onewholovesrock Feb 2

๐Ÿ‘ Iโ€™m kinda in. 1st half from just North of Madison. 2nd half from St. Pete Beach area Florida

• @kevinmason  Feb 3

Hey Madison folks! Bos Meadery hosts an open mic every Sunday from 2-5 that I attend regularly and host once a month. Iโ€™ll be there this Sunday the 3rd as a performer and next Sunday as a host. All FAWMers welcome!

• @artpaul Feb 4

Hi everyone I am working on a Piano CD and thought 14 more songs would make it better and if there is a piano or electric keyboard I would enjoy playing some live especially My Alligator Tie

• @catalyst111  Feb 24

Whoo hoo, trying to finish songs at 1am. Sort of how this year is going ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @dasbinky  Feb 24

Too early for FOP talk? ๐Ÿ˜€

My travel schedule is both pleasurable and brutal this year, so I'll just cross my fingers I can make something. Anyone feel like hosting?

Also, some shameless local self-promotion: come see me, @johncrossman and @nancyrost perform as our creatively named trio Two Johns and a Nancy on March 8th. Details here:
    http://twojohnsandanancy.com/the-gigs/

The show will be somewhere between 40-60% comprised of FAWM tunes, many of which will have been practiced AT LEAST ONCE! That's a promise you can't get every day.

• @nancyrost  Feb 25

Not too early for FOP talk! I think I mentioned it in January. I'm sure we can put something together, either at someone's house or a public venue.

But yes, come see us! We're already committed to performing a song we JUST FINISHED!

• @darcistrutt  Feb 25

Iโ€™m going to lurk on this thread. Just in case.

• @tcelliott  Feb 25

You and me, both, @darcistrutt

• @theresaj  Feb 28

I may be able to host the fop again, depending on the date and number of attendees (smaller group). Another idea too is Headquarters Bar and Grill in Oregon has a private room to rent for a small fee. I can check out details if we want to go that route for a larger group.

• @johncrossman  Mar 3

I'll come if Theresa hosts and @mrpilotman cooks! Pretty much be there no matter but couldn't resist.

• @nancyrost  Mar 3

We might have a line on that, @johncrossman .Who could make it on the 16th? Any preference on time of day?

• @kahlo2013  Mar 4

16 th would work for me. The Common Ground in Middleton has a large very inexpensive private event room and serves beverages and foods.

• @theresaj  Mar 4

@johncrossman, Iโ€™ve heard @mrpilotman makes a mean pot of chili. I think you might be onto something...

• @dasbinky  Mar 4

I can most likely make the 16th!

• @billysea  Mar 4

Asking for a friend. Where is this going to be held on the 16th?

• @nancyrost  Mar 4

@billysea, it will be at Theresa's house, most likely. Once details are confirmed we'll get the address to y'all privately.

• @kadmad202 Mar 5

Just saw this. I'm also sharing the ice and cold here in Madison with you all! Would love to come and meet everyone!

• @unkept  Mar 6

Please let me know any plans and I'll try my best to make it! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @artpaul Mar 8

I hope I can come to the event if you are having it. Let me know if the 16th is for sure and if anyone has a keyboard I can borrow.

• @nancyrost  Mar 9

The FOP is set for next Saturday, March 16th at 3:30 p.m. at @theresaj 's place. I'll get info out to folks via email, or message Theresa or me for the address.

• @kahlo2013  Mar 9

Awesome!!

• @owl  Mar 10

Paging @ndavies too

I'm not 100% sure now but I will try to make it next weekend!

Also, a quick bit of shameless self-promotion--if you're free tonight 3/9 come catch me in a Cranberries tribute show at the Crystal Corner, 9:30 (there will also be a fake Pretenders and a fake U2 band)! Or come see the next Gentle Brontosaurus show, also at the Crystal Corner, on March 30, 9 pm, with Mori Mente and Cave Curse.

• @kahlo2013  Mar 17

Was great to see some fellow Madison FAWMers at the FOP yesterday! Thanks to Theresa for hosting and to John A for bringing gear!

• @rainchaser  Mar 17

I hope you guys had fun, it seems like a blast!

• @artpaul Apr 2

Sorry I couldn't make it and it's hard for me to get back here so if anyone needs me my E-mail is artpaulwritessongs@gmail.com

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...