Michigan People

Skip to the bottom

• @toms  Jan 2019

Yo. 😀

• @resonut123 Jan 2019

Yo Yo

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

Boom.... We are going to rock it this year!!

• @mdavisto  Jan 2019

I seem to recall I have an honorary Michigan card somewhere. Hello.

• @stuartbenbow  Jan 2019

And we’re back. Looking forward to another round of awesome tunes, folks!

• @guatecoop  Jan 2019

I’m going to ask again if I can be an honorary member of the Michigan crew. I was born in St Joseph Benton Harbor and went to elementary school I’m in Owosso, so I have some qualifications.

• @toms  Jan 2019

I figure anyone who wants to claim the status should be embraced with all possible enthusiasm! 😀

• @seanbrennan  Jan 2019

Reporting! I am unlikely to produce music this year, but I am hoping to consume!

• @downburst  Jan 2019

howdy hey

• @resonut123 Jan 2019

Boy Howdy Rod!

• @kovbleu  Jan 2019

Hi! I'm here!

• @elainedimasi  Jan 2019

Great, I'll claim honorary status! Not just because I spent 1990-1996 in Ann Arbor, but because I also made a fly-by, 2009? that included a visit with @charliecheney!

Looks like my 13.5-year orbit predicts another visit in early 2023.

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

@guatecoop - Even if the Michigan faction hadn't embraced you, you'd still be my plus 1. But obviously the Michiganders are cooler than that. You are so in. Might require that you step foot in my house this FAWM, though. Just saying - it was so fun last year! 😉

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

@elainedimasi - You can be my plus 2. 😉

• @toms  Jan 2019

Hey, @elainedimasi is my plus 1!

@zecoop there's totally a song in that, if it can be written without reminding people of Joe Jackson

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

@elainedimasi - I am in fact, listening to the brand new JJ album as I type. I am a huge fan and 'Be my number 2' is amazing. <3

@toms - fight...

@zecoop @toms xo

The obvious solution is to schedule many more parties

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

@elainedimasi - Maybe we need to get a collaboration in this year to seal this deal, lol. 😉

• @kahlo2013  Jan 2019

I would like to request honorary membership - I lived in Ann Arbor for 18 years, I vacation in the UP every year, I still have a MI medical and MI fishing licenses, and I have been from Hell to Paradise and back. Oh, and I still order from Zingerman’s and am consulting in Ann Arbor next fall. Oh, oh.. and I still wear my block M baseball cap and cheer for UM softball. May I be granted honorary membership?

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

@kahlo2013 - I am all in for plus 3 😀

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

(except for that block M thing)... maybe you'll have to be @toms plus ahem. ewwwwwwwwwwww

• @toms  Jan 2019

GO BLUE

• @kahlo2013  Jan 2019

Yes @toms! And thank you @zecoop!

• @downburst  Jan 2019

Allo Elaine, allo Liz. Liz, where do you vacation in the UP?

• @kahlo2013  Jan 2019

@downburst Hola! Different VRBO along the UP Lake Superior shore from the Porkies to Whitefish Bay... last year we were at Big Bay and it was GORGEOUS! Sugar sand beach and the water was warm enough to spend time in and the forests and hills were spectacular! I also love it up by Copper Harbor and near Pictured Rocks. The entire Lake Superior shore is so stunning and peaceful. I love the Ore Docks and Marquette too!

• @downburst  Jan 2019

One of these years maybe we'll bump into one another!

• @lake  Jan 2019

@downburst maybe we already have given I was in AA for 18 years!

• @lake  Jan 2019

Did you see that a local Michigan band Greta Van Fleet from Frankenmuth was on SNL this weekend? They seem to be bringing back the early 70s in style!

• @downburst  Jan 2019

Wait, who are you @lake?

• @mikeskliar  Jan 2019

Alot of cool folks in this thread--- I've go no connection to Michigan at all, except for this true story- when I was about 12, i went on this long car trip with my dad, and we were driving from NY to Chicago & then midwest and west.. I made him drive out of the way just so we could cross the Michigan state line so I could say i had been in Michigan. to quote Paul Simon, "Michigan seems like a dream to me now"... 😀

• @zecoop  Jan 2019

Great story @mikeskliar - sounds like something I would do. It made perfect sense!!

• @downburst  Jan 2019

About ten years ago I was driving down through Virginia or Maryland to the Chesapeake bay Bridge, and really wanted to take a short detour into Delaware, but my kids were melting down and it was vetoed. It was FOUR MILES, and now I have a Delaware-sized hole in my map of states visited. Arggh! It's good to know someone understands, @mikeskliar.

• @mikeskliar  Jan 2019

ha, thanks zecoop and downburst, ya made the 12-year old me smile with those last two posts, thanks!

• @barbara  Jan 2019

A late August week long stay in Glen Arbor in 2017 will stay in my highlights reel for a long time! Beauty everywhere along M22, and a welcome reminder of the reason for fleece, a ray of hope most sorely needed that time of year. Atlanta is home, but Ohio and Michigan are home to other family, so I'm pretty much an annual visitor.

• @toms  Jan 2019

Whereabouts in Ohio, @barbara ?

• @barbara  Jan 2019

[@toms] Painesville, near Mentor.
    But we drive up, so I see a lot of Ohio along the way. And Summerfield is an old family home too.

• @toms  Jan 2019

Cool, @barbara. My mom's side of the family settled in the Cleveland area just after the turn of the 19th century. Lots of family still there. 😀

• @barbara  Jan 2019

@toms Deep roots! 🙂

• @syni Jan 2019

I'm in Toledo right now, but frequently cross the state line to get to the cool places a la Ann Arbor. Lots of places I like to visit up there. Michigan's great!

I’m all for the honorary members. More music to listen to. 😀

• @toms  Jan 2019

Happy birthday Michigan! 😀 https://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...

• @downburst  Jan 2019

You don't look a day over 150.

G’morning folks. I’m wondering, anyone interested in a FOP at Proving Grounds Coffee & Ice Cream, in Milford?

The owner’s open to it, and tossed out either Thursday evening, Sunday afternoon, or displacing their Friday Open Mic (happens every second Friday) in March or April.

There’s stage space, food and drinks. Thoughts?

• @downburst  Jan 2019

Hey y’all, if there’s anyone here who is not in the Michigan Fawmers Facebook group, but who would like to be, you can find it at, well, “Michigan Fawmers.” Leave a join request and someone will let you in.

• @resonut123 Jan 2019

@stuartbenbow, I might be interested if I recover from this Nasty sore throat, cough and congestion. I just hope I can do some singing for FAWM, right now it looks like no way. I probably prefer the Friday or Sunday. Thanks.

Hi @resonut123, sorry to hear you’re under the weather. Hope you bounce back soon.

Maybe this year will be an instrumental album? As for me, I’m hobbling around on a bruised ankle bone, but thankfully that won’t impact the sound so much as be an annoyance.

• @downburst  Jan 2019

"Stuart sings like he has a sore ankle"
    --album blurb

• @looprication  Jan 2019

Born and raised in the D. Heading there tomorrow and will spend the first weekend of FAWM 2019 in the polar vortex.

• @resonut123 Jan 2019

Thanks @stuartbenbow, I hope your ankle heals up well.

• @toms  Jan 2019

@looprication yeah, you're coming at the right time. 😐

@resonut123, thanks. @downburst, rofl, that’d be a great quote for an album. 🤣

@looprication, don’t do it, go back! 😂

• @looprication  Jan 2019

@stuartbenbow @toms too late 😞 I did get some tasty Lebanese food last night though, so that makes it more worth it!

• @toms  Jan 2019

Where'd you eat, @looprication ?

• @toms  Jan 2019

We can still FAWM without natural gas for heating, right?

• @looprication  Feb 2019

@toms Al Ameer on Warren ave. I prefer Cedarland but this place was also excellent. Also had Jet’s, pepperoni rolls from Capri Bakery on Greenfield, and hitting up Pegasus in Greektown tonight. I won’t need to eat for a week but I don’t get back here much 😉

• @downburst  Feb 2019

Al Ameer is great. When a Lebanese friend is in town, that's where he always wants to go.

• @doglatin  Feb 2019

Not much activity on this here forum. Most recent post is from 6 days ago and it's about Middle Eastern food. Well...I suppose everyone's busy working on their music, huh? I guess I should be doing that too...bye.

• @toms  Feb 2019

Everyone making progress?

• @resonut123 Feb 2019

Some progress, will have more progress when I get my voice back. I maybe recording like crazy the last 2 weeks, or doing more of my final recording during MAWM.

• @zecoop  Feb 2019

Lots of progress. I'm getting into the groove now as another Michigan person once said, lol. Lots of songs out for collaboration so only 4 up but tons written. Having fun!

• @seanbrennan  Feb 2019

I need to get listening to what y'all have done! I had a busy first week of February IRL, but then did more or less my whole month's FAWMing this past weekend. Now, I can't wait to feast on the musical treats you've all cooked up. 😀

• @jenfoss Feb 2019

Finally showing up a tad late to the party. 😬 Flint born and raised and now in the small town of Holly. One song down, what feels like 1,000 more to go!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...