REAPER Web Interface

Skip to the bottom

• @postcardhelicopters  Jan 10

Here's something that's been around a while, but I only learned about it today. Maybe you already knew?

REAPER allows some minimal control via a web interface. Which means you can be somewhere other than at your computer desk and still do simple tasks like record, play and move thru your project via markers (if you already have them set up).

Kenny Gioia gives a rundown on how to make this work. The only requirement is that the device you access this feature from must be on the same router as your DAW. Any web browser on a phone, tablet, laptop or other computer on the local network can do this.

I wish I'd known about this feature sooner, rather than trying to stretch between computer and piano keyboard when recording.

Here's the URL for the video:

https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#CkMA...

• @vomvorton  Jan 10

Very cool. Definitely going to have to give this a go.

• @ianuarius  Jan 10

Sweet, I've sometimes wondered if this is possible. Don't need it right now, but in the future, might very well come handy.
    Thanks for sharing.

• @guatecoop  Jan 10

I use it and think it has a lot to offer. It also never seems like I stop learning more with it. Constant improvement

• @toms  Jan 10

THAT IS SO COOL. πŸ˜€

• @lvgd09  Jan 10

Yeah, Kenny is great and I learn from all of his tutorials. This particular lesson doesn't apply to me but I can see the value in some situations. Good one!

• @scottlake  Jan 11

There’s some other apps that will do this as well. Touch osc is one of them. Not just for reaper but nearly all daw

• @rustyp Jan 11

Yep, a GREAT feature for remote control. I find it handy when I'm recording drums. The set is 10 feet from the computer. 😞
    but, now I've got bigger problems, there's junk all around the set! πŸ˜€

I found the web interface to be just a little fiddly using my old iPhone, but that was several reaper versions ago and on an old iphone 4s so I'm sure it's improved. πŸ˜€

• @sph  Jan 11

Yes, having those apps as a remote control is really cool. I'm using Studio One Remote with my Presonus Studio One DAW.

• @tcelliott  Jan 11

We need to repost this after site reset if it's trashed cuz this might be useful.

• @vomvorton  Jan 11

Just got it set up. Really easy! This will be VERY useful during FAWM. And, uh, the rest of the time, I guess.

• @mishykatz  Jan 13

WOW cool !!

• @spingo  Jan 14

I couldn't get it to work with my old Android phone, but it's ready to go on both computers and iPads (incl. an ancient one), and I'm happy to have a big red button to smack at instead of a keyboard combo. Thx!

• @natrin Jan 14

After receiving Reaper session files for editing from my recording engineer, I have a love/hate relationship with Reaper. So powerful and so complex.

• @wistah  Jan 14

I love Reaper. But this sounds really cool!

• @spingo  Jan 14

@natrin You can also smack at it like a neanderthal and it still works. Ask me how I know!

• @fourzeroes  Jan 18

Nice idea, but that'd mean I'd need to connect my studio computer to the network, which would then mean I'd need to update Windows and stuff. 😐

• @yarimurray  Jan 23

This is awesome and I can't believe I haven't discovered it sooner. I have been using Reaper for years and adding copious lead time to my projects so I can run across the room, get the headphones situated, and then wait for the track to start only to do it all again when I screw up the take within a few notes. 😞

• @postcardhelicopters  Jan 23

@fourzeroes - I feel for ya on that and wish you "all the power" at keeping your studio computer air-gapped so Microsoft doesn't try to turn your computer into a remote terminal (that's my personal hypothesis of where "Windows as a service" could lead us).

I'm chewing over the possibility of rolling back to a pre-Win-10 version that I was happy with and then going the isolation route, but that would be a big step.

• @sexybass  Jan 30

Switched from CuBase and love it. Reasonably priced, great support and works well.

• @hflat Jan 31

Wow thanks, that's so useful for me. I've used this for years and never knew...

• @siebass Feb 13

Great and useful tip!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...